BTTF Ep 5: OUTATIME Predictions thread (Spoilers Warning!)

edited June 2011 in Back to the Future
I think we may freely travel through time. (ie. it won't just be in the storyline)

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Doc and Marty will say final goodbyes at the end of the episode in a tear jerking ending were we see Jules and Verne and Clara. George will probably find out about the time machine and Doc will stop the estate sale. It'd be cool if Doc gave Marty something so Marty could track down when Doc is so they can meet again for the sequel game. I know there probably wont be a sequel but it'd be really cool! :)

P.S isn't this thread a bit early. Episode 4 isn't even out the time I'm typing this!
  • edited April 2011
    Rtboh wrote: »
    Doc and Marty will say final goodbyes at the end of the episode in a tear jerking ending were we see Jules and Verne and Clara. George will probably find out about the time machine and Doc will stop the estate sale. It'd be cool if Doc gave Marty something so Marty could track down when Doc is so they can meet again for the sequel game. I know there probably wont be a sequel but it'd be really cool! :)

P.S isn't this thread a bit early. Episode 4 isn't even out the time I'm typing this!

thats what they want you to think...it't actually 3 May...you are actually sleeping...we have been trying to wake you up for the past few days...we have you hooked up to a machine that allows us to communicate with you...

:D :D :D :D :D
  • edited April 2011
    Damnit. Ze download button is there now for EPisode 4 but it will not let me download NoooOooOoOoOOOoooOO :(
  • edited April 2011
    RMJ1984 wrote: »
    Damnit. Ze download button is there now for EPisode 4 but it will not let me download NoooOooOoOoOOOoooOO :(

Same i get a weird messege ! :mad:
  • edited April 2011
    Kamagawa wrote: »
    thats what they want you to think...it't actually 3 May...you are actually sleeping...we have been trying to wake you up for the past few days...we have you hooked up to a machine that allows us to communicate with you...

:D :D :D :D :D

Please take me out of this machine! I wouldn't be a good citizen plus! :(
  • edited April 2011
    After playing Ep 4 I think this may happen

Spoilers:

I think Doc may have to die. The time line is all screwed up at the end of 4 and "alternate Doc" says he is essentially going after Marty's friends. One of those friends may, unintentially, be young Doc.
  • edited April 2011
    Indeed episode 5 is gonna be strange, cant really see how this is all turning out. doesnt look good at all.
  • I had a lot of hope for episode 5 early on due to the premise but now i'm not so sure.

It looks like the time line hasn't been changed, theres a scene showing 1986 in the first citizen brown timeline so we may see more of that.

the premise indicates a chase through the past, present and future. They're already in the past and the present (being 1986) is shown in the preview but still no clue why they'd go to the future.
  • edited April 2011
    Btw, is there a sneak peek of Episode 5 at the end of Episode 4, like with all the other episodes? Just so i know. If so, what's shown?
  • Btw, is there a sneak peek of Episode 5 at the end of Episode 4, like with all the other episodes? Just so i know. If so, what's shown?

yes it's brief, less than a minute

it does show old edna from 1986 in her lab again (so presumably the timeline hasn't changed yet).Doc is blaming science instead of edna for going down the wrong path.
  • edited April 2011
    well we know that i was right about FCB going to 1931.
    (http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=475242#post475242)

We now know that Edna probably isn't the arsonist.

and a cookie to the ones who thought either FCB or Edna was gonna be the overall villian.

There are now 3 problems:
    1: Will Doc materialise while FCB is still in 1931.

2: that doesn't seem like a prelude to a "cinimatic chase through Hill Valley's past, present and future".

3: Who is the arsonist and how did Edna's shoe get in the delorian from ep1?

maby Edna mistakes Doc for FCB or gets into the wrong delorean during the chase.

If FCB doesn't know that he must not undo Marty's past actions in order to maintain his timeline, he might be the reason for the dinomite in ep2.

Still don't really get the double visions title...maby it refers to FCB struggling to decide between the 2 timelines?

I think that the expo thing might be might be as short as the 'saving FCB' bit. Then Doc will materialise and they will chase FCB (and possibly Edna) through time as FCB tries to alter events in order to stop you from succeding. every now and then both Doc and FCB will alternate with starting to fading out.

wait...Docs invention is meant to fail...so FCB will accidently help you...causing the timeline to change and be replaced with Doc...i think we may chase Edna in ep5....
  • edited April 2011
    doc will probably go back to the future to bring "old edna" back to 1931.

Scheme scheme scheme
  • edited April 2011
    yes it's brief, less than a minute

it does show old edna from 1986 in her lab again (so presumably the timeline hasn't changed yet).

I think that was just a flashback.

maby the events of ep5 will teach Edna to be free-er and she will end up having a good life.
  • Kamagawa wrote: »
    I think that was just a flashback.

Thats what i was thinking too. At first thought, bttf isn't usually the type of series to throw red herrings at you though dreams but the beginning of the first episode was a dream sequence.

You could argue either way at this point whether that clip is a dream or not;

FOR: the timeline should be changed by now since edna and doc are broken up
    AGAINST: the premise indicates a chase through the past, PRESENT, and future so it appears there will be business in 1986

it's also possible that since doc has the delorean, he restores the timeline to the FCB one himself.
  • edited April 2011
    to tell ya the truth i have no idea how this will end each preview gave us a good idea of were the story will go but now it seems like FCB will try and undo all that marty has done to fix the timeline one thing is for sure the Finale will prob answer all the questions about ep 1 the hardest thing will be waiting for OUTATIME to come out and we truly have no clue when thatll be
  • Ichijo wrote: »
    to tell ya the truth i have no idea how this will end each preview gave us a good idea of were the story will go but now it seems like FCB will try and undo all that marty has done to fix the timeline one thing is for sure the Finale will prob answer all the questions about ep 1 the hardest thing will be waiting for OUTATIME to come out and we truly have no clue when thatll be

according to the telltale store, episode 5 releases in june
  • edited April 2011
    I hope it will be a Happy Ending. And that the timeline we know will be restored.
    Because if Marty and Doc don't get an Happy ending after all the crap they went through ...

Doc will be back, to tell us how and why he landed in 1931 in the 1st place.
  • edited April 2011
    My theory:

The Delorean in Episode 1 arrives after Episode 5's ending and is therefore stuck in a loop of Time. Einstein battled Young Edna before, she loses her shoe and he's the only one inside when it travels back to the present.

Remember that dream sequence from the first episode? I'm now pretty certain, this will be a major plot point in the finale. I don't know how yet, but I keep thinkin' we witnessed a time paradox in this scene. And Young Edna travelling alongside FCB are the cause of it.

Also it brings up this one detail that keeps popping up in my head: The broken "Last Time Departed" display from Episode 1. It HAS to mean something, because it gets fiexed immediately once Marty arrives in 1931 for the first time.
  • Ductos wrote: »
    My theory:

The Delorean in Episode 1 arrives after Episode 5's ending and is therefore stuck in a loop of Time. Einstein battled Young Edna before, she loses her shoe and he's the only one inside when it travels back to the present.

Remember that dream sequence from the first episode? I'm now pretty certain, this will be a major plot point in the finale. I don't know how yet, but I keep thinkin' we witnessed a time paradox in this scene. And Young Edna travelling alongside FCB are the cause of it.

Also it brings up this one detail that keeps popping up in my head: The broken "Last Time Departed" display from Episode 1. It HAS to mean something, because it gets fiexed immediately once Marty arrives in 1931 for the first time.

they did make a point of having doc work on the calibration of the time circuits in this episode (something hinted at in the dream sequence) including the automatic retreival settings. So I'm thinking marty borrows one of the deloreans caught in the time loop to chase after doc. Since it's set to loop, he can just leave it alone and it should arrive back where he got it from. Maybe this miscalibration is what propels them into the future? This would be an interesting twist; in the trilogy, aside from the second trip to 1955, trips into the past are accidental and doc/marty are stuck in the past needing to find a way to get back to the future but the trip to the future was voluntary and they got to leave as soon as they wanted to. It would be neat to be stuck in the future especially since unlike being stuck in the past, you dont know what is going to happen when you are in the future.

Maybe what could happen is doc tries to set things right with young edna but she turns on them making doc realize she is a bad person and thus gives up on fixing her timeline.

You may or may not be right about the last time departed theory. It is necissary for that to have shorted out because if it was working marty would have no reason to go meet edna. But the only digit that was clearly shown was the '2' in the millenium spot so it's likely the last time departed was the future.
  • edited April 2011
    What I Think:

I bet Doc magically reappears in the 1930's and catches up with Marty. So Doc disguises himself as another citizen there so he can team up with Marty. They try to prevent Evil Doc from hurting the Young Emmet so he can create the Delorean later on in the future. Then another Delorean appears with Einstine in it and once the prevent the bad things to happen. They travel on into the present. Doc says his goodbyes (again) Stops the sale. And gives Marty his house as a Garage/Future Home. And the Delorean so he can visit Doc later on. And his loyal dog aswell, As a gift for helping him all this time with his life.
  • edited April 2011
    They travel on into the present. Doc says his goodbyes (again) Stops the sale. And gives Marty his house as a Garage/Future Home. And the Delorean so he can visit Doc later on. And his loyal dog aswell, As a gift for helping him all this time with his life.

The DeLorean, the garage AND Einstein? Doc's certainly a generous guy.
  • edited April 2011
    The DeLorean, the garage AND Einstein? Doc's certainly a generous guy.

Atleast Einstein or the Delorean. Since Marty took care of both of them (Except for the crash in EP 3 lol)
  • edited April 2011
    Since Marty took care of both of them (Except for the crash in EP 3 lol)

...and for ditching Einstein at the end of Episode One.
  • edited April 2011
    ...and for ditching Einstein at the end of Episode One.

But he is in another timeline. Doc ditched Einstein in the movies.
  • edited April 2011
    And Young Emmet took care of him.
  • edited April 2011
    And Young Emmet took care of him.

I'm just messing with you. Einstein's managed to survive Doc's wacky experiments and all the time travelling done thus far. He can handle whatever's thrown his way.

Considering how close Doc is to Einstein, I don't know if he'd give him up so easily even if it is to his closest friend. I agree that the DeLorean might be given up but personally, I think Einstein's best left with the Brown family.
  • edited April 2011
    Here's what we know so far, besides the obvious problem of fixing the time stream;

Unresolved plot threads / recurring themes;
    *The Arsonist remains unidentified
    *Artie has yet to meet Sylvie, despite her name being brought up continually
    *Einstein's missing
    *Edna's shoe mysteriously appearing in the Delorean in Episode 1

I know some people think Edna isn't the arsonist, but I'm not so sure. She seemed oddly evasive when Marty claimed Doc wanted to talk to her about the arsonist, not to mention she was caught in the warehouse back in episode 2. At the very least, she knows something she's not telling anyone, and for that matter, First Citizen Brown seems to know some secrets as well. This may come into play when Marty finally convinces Doc that Edna is no good for him.

The idea of two docs, Normal and First Citizen Brown, coexisting seems too paradoxical. Likely we won't see normal Doc again until everything's fixed. Until then, he'll likely try to stop Marty's attempt to fix the past. The automatic retrieval system, though, might come into play, considering it wouldn't make too much sense for Einstein and the shoe to mysteriously be in the car long after Doc disappears. Marty might be sending a message to himself.

I have a feeling this might eventually end well for Edna, not because I want a happy ending for her, but for the movie series' precedent for things turning out better in unintentional ways. Remember how not only Marty's parents are off better, but so are the siblings? Of course, she may revert to the bitter cat-lady, but the future is bound to change somehow.

Also, I've long suspected Trixie is actually Sylvie, since Trixie had lied about herself before. Her closeness to Artie seems too important to the story to be brushed off as a temporary romance. Edna said she couldn't find any information about her; she may have changed her name after she got involved with Tannen and her risque photoshoots. Hopefully we won't have to do another "save yourself from disappearing" bit, as one is enough for this series.

Lastly I think there'll be a brief look at 2011. After all, Doc said he visited Marty and his family in the future, and Outtatime's description said the future will be involved somehow. It just makes sense. I doubt it'll look like the film's vision of the future, though, considering that, 1. It was just farcical, and 2. The timeline's changed too many times to keep count.

Also, has anyone wondered where Doc's been keeping his family this whole time? I like to imagine he keeps them tucked away in some weird temporal rift isolated from the rest of the timestream, but that's just me.
  • edited April 2011
    NameOfUser wrote: »
    Here's what we know so far, besides the obvious problem of fixing the time stream;

*Einstein's missing

I know some people think Edna isn't the arsonist, but I'm not so sure. She seemed oddly evasive when Marty claimed Doc wanted to talk to her about the arsonist, not to mention she was caught in the warehouse back in episode 2. At the very least, she knows something she's not telling anyone, and for that matter, First Citizen Brown seems to know some secrets as well. This may come into play when Marty finally convinces Doc that Edna is no good for him.

The idea of two docs, Normal and First Citizen Brown, coexisting seems too paradoxical. Likely we won't see normal Doc again until everything's fixed. Until then, he'll likely try to stop Marty's attempt to fix the past. The automatic retrieval system, though, might come into play, considering it wouldn't make too much sense for Einstein and the shoe to mysteriously be in the car long after Doc disappears. Marty might be sending a message to himself.

I have a feeling this might eventually end well for Edna, not because I want a happy ending for her, but for the movie series' precedent for things turning out better in unintentional ways. Remember how not only Marty's parents are off better, but so are the siblings? Of course, she may revert to the bitter cat-lady, but the future is bound to change somehow.

Also, I've long suspected Trixie is actually Sylvie, since Trixie had lied about herself before. Her closeness to Artie seems too important to the story to be brushed off as a temporary romance. Edna said she couldn't find any information about her; she may have changed her name after she got involved with Tannen and her risque photoshoots. Hopefully we won't have to do another "save yourself from disappearing" bit, as one is enough for this series.

Lastly I think there'll be a brief look at 2011. After all, Doc said he visited Marty and his family in the future, and Outtatime's description said the future will be involved somehow. It just makes sense. I doubt it'll look like the film's vision of the future, though, considering that, 1. It was just farcical, and 2. The timeline's changed too many times to keep count.

Also, has anyone wondered where Doc's been keeping his family this whole time? I like to imagine he keeps them tucked away in some weird temporal rift isolated from the rest of the timestream, but that's just me.
    Good thinking. I think your theory about Trixie is right on the money!
  • edited April 2011
    Trixie has got to be Sylvia. I mean, if "Trixie Trotter" isn't a stage name, I don't know what is.

And I agree that Edna is probably the arsonist. To me, FCB's secretive conversation with her (and her evasiveness about the subject) implied that he knew about the fire. The original Doc didn't know how the fire happened, so how could FCB know if not because he ended up becoming close to and marrying the arsonist.

I think we'll go back to the scene of that fire and see for ourselves how it happened. Einstein will somehow be there so he can grab Edna's shoe and jump into the Delorean and start the whole plot to begin with. I think he'll also do some sort of heroic rescue at some point, leading him to be immortalized as statues on the clock tower.

Another benefit of going back to the night of the fire - this whole mess with the timeline seems almost irreversible at this point. The only way to truly fix things again would be to go even further back in time and do something to stop it all before any of the events in the game even happen in the first place.
  • edited April 2011
    Hey guys but what about that man and woman i would post a pic of them but )_) the woman is the one that passes Marty when holding the shoe and the man always almost ends up almost running over Marty and in ep 4 the woman is back and the man is their too BUT the woman looks the same in 1931 i think that's ep 4 and 1985 to so could she and the man be in the last chase? and you know those 2 stands at the expo they MIGHT be the places they go to sorry if this has been posted already i will delete this post if i can and it would be epic if they add like a golf cart time machine xD that would kill them but..... ya know and was the Delorine covered in coldness when they had arrived at 1931 i forget
  • edited April 2011

Another benefit of going back to the night of the fire - this whole mess with the timeline seems almost irreversible at this point. The only way to truly fix things again would be to go even further back in time and do something to stop it all before any of the events in the game even happen in the first place.

That sounds like the best solution, when I was thinking this would require some crazy shenanigans. Why didn't I think of that?
  • edited April 2011
    to me is clear that somethig there will cause a loop that will end on start of chapter one, but, if we go for the cheesy ending, doc will discover a way to mantain two separate realities, (although one can't contact the other) and then citizen brown lives with edna happily ever after in one dimension and marty lives happy without lose contact with doc again (wherever he is )in the other dimension
  • CathalOHaraCathalOHara Moderator
    edited April 2011
    NameOfUser wrote: »

*Einstein's missing

I agree over the 2011 part. Think there will be some type of scene over this where we see Marty Jr as a 13 year old (if he still exists in the timeline in which Marty's hand didn't break).
    Plus didn't Trixie mention something that she was Canadian? (I may be mistaking as I only played the episode once and haven't returned since)
    That would kind of be funny due to the fact Michael J. Fox is actually Canadian. But yeah, I'm sure Trixie is Sylvia.
  • edited April 2011
    You know...I have no idea how this is going to end now. I do have a bad, BAD feeling about this. I honestly think that this may end up killing any hope for a season 2. :(
  • edited April 2011
    The ending to essentially BTTF 4 is now up in the air... so in essence we got Marty and Young EB vs Evil First Citizen Brown and Past Edna... so past and present are explained, the future I'm not sure.

How are they gonna bring back Classic Doc Brown?
  • I agree over the 2011 part. Think there will be some type of scene over this where we see Marty Jr as a 13 year old (if he still exists in the timeline in which Marty's hand didn't break).
    Plus didn't Trixie mention something that she was Canadian? (I may be mistaking as I only played the episode once and haven't returned since)
    That would kind of be funny due to the fact Michael J. Fox is actually Canadian. But yeah, I'm sure Trixie is Sylvia.

As my namesake would indicate, I have the answer!

Yes trixie is from manitoba hence the moose undertone in that picture. Not sure if this was added as a not to MJF or the fact that Canadians are similar enough to Americans that you could pass one for the other.

So if trixie is sylvia that means Marty McFly is a quarter canadian :)
  • edited April 2011
    They might go the way of going back to when first doc shows up in 1931 and Marty makes him go back to 1986 with him before the fire starts resetting the timeline but allowing Marty to stay inside the time loop by arriving right after he left 1986. That would have a VERY bad reception from players so I hope they don't go that way.

I get the feeling that they are gonna try to cram way to much into one episode or they are going to resolve a lot but leave it open-ended so they can have a season 2.
  • CathalOHaraCathalOHara Moderator
    edited April 2011
    As my namesake would indicate, I have the answer!

Yes trixie is from manitoba hence the moose undertone in that picture. Not sure if this was added as a not to MJF or the fact that Canadians are similar enough to Americans that you could pass one for the other.

So if trixie is sylvia that means Marty McFly is a quarter canadian :)

That would actually be really funny actually! Like to see that type of scenario happen. And maybe Marty even mentioning it? I'd say there would be some type of Michael J. Fox mention somewhere. Even if it's minor. Like when Family Ties was playing in the Cafe 80s in 2015.
  • edited April 2011
    As I started to play 'Double Visions', I thought that we had the personality of "Old Doc' back through FCB... (meaning that he is willing to put back things as the way they were)

But NOW, he's evil again! And he's probably going to try to get Emmet and Edna back together again, and try to mess up Marty's timeline....

"... son of a bitch..."
  • They might go the way of going back to when first doc shows up in 1931 and Marty makes him go back to 1986 with him before the fire starts resetting the timeline but allowing Marty to stay inside the time loop by arriving right after he left 1986. That would have a VERY bad reception from players so I hope they don't go that way.

I get the feeling that they are gonna try to cram way to much into one episode or they are going to resolve a lot but leave it open-ended so they can have a season 2.

Hopefully it ends similar to the end of part III; open ended so that there can be a sequel but doesn't have to be. I've read a few theories where FCB encounters normal doc and normally I dont like the theory that there can be 2 of a character in a specific timeline (for instance I dont believe there was a second marty in swizerland in 1985A or math camp in FCB 1986) but the fact the delorean is now looped with an automatic retrieval system is a plausible way for your idea to work; marty goes back further in 1931 prior to his original arrival, finds original doc so they can chase FCB through time and it ends with marty returning FCB where he found him to avoid a paradox.
    That would actually be really funny actually! Like to see that type of scenario happen. And maybe Marty even mentioning it? I'd say there would be some type of Michael J. Fox mention somewhere. Even if it's minor. Like when Family Ties was playing in the Cafe 80s in 2015.

they did also mention marty being a short guy early in the episode when he impostered a guard which may have been a reference to MJF's height (though the character of Marty is also short by default). I can't remember any further MJF nods but the canadian reference likely is.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.