BTTF Ep 5: OUTATIME Predictions thread (Spoilers Warning!)

Comments

• They NEVER said there would be only one BTTF: The Game. Bob Gale has mentioned a possible second season. So, just be patient and we'll see.
    JGennaro wrote: »
    First off, they said there will be no future seasons of back to the future...secondly , I agree with the above poster that if you watch all the scenes of outtatime and you see the DIRECTION they are heading where doc says that "science" was the problem - if he stops himself from being interested in science altogether then back to the future 1 NEVER happened....NONE of them did...and seriously telltale, you BETTER NOT go there!!!

why are a LOT of us getting this feeling?!?! It's not quite June yet but honestly you better seriously reconsider doing this if this is your intention!!!

bingo.

And they are not going to end it with erasing everything that happened in the 3 movies we all know and love. What kid of ending would that be to say that these adventures no longer happen?

I can almost guarantee that we will get an ambiguous ending similar to parts I and III; one that implies the characters have more adventures to come but not quite an unresolved cliffhanger.
  • edited May 2011
    Great Scott! If you're correct, then unless events unfold the way that they're supposed to, the mere existence of these games would create a paradox so great that it would unravel the space-time continuum and destroy the entire multiverse! The consequences could be disastrous!

This is the one time I think fourth dementionally!!! This is Heavy!!!!
  • edited May 2011
    Does anyone know how and why there is Lone Pine Mall and Twin Pine Mall? That is an unimportant but interesting thing.
  • edited May 2011
    VeryTori wrote: »
    Does anyone know how and why there is Lone Pine Mall and Twin Pine Mall? That is an unimportant but interesting thing.

I assume peabody sold his farm to land developers and at the time, he had 2 pine trees at the entrance to his farm, which gave the developers the idea of calling the mall twin pines...that is...until Marty ran over and killed 1 of the trees, causing them to call it lone pine mall...
    I don't think it's any more complicated or significant than that. I think it was to show how much marty changed the timeline.
  • edited May 2011
    I know how this can all be avoided. Seeing as how there are already so many paradoxes, then it should be fine if marty goes back earlier in 1931 and either:

1) Warns Doc to make him check the ticket before marty even starts the delorean.
    OR
    2) Steals/damages the DeLorean so that the whole FCB mess is avoided.
  • edited May 2011
    Back to the future time travel does not work that way. With the predestination theory, all time travel is already written into the timeline and thus there is no possibility of a paradox or alternate timelines.
    BTTF follows the destination theory; the original timeline does no include time travel and thus the timeline can be changed through time travel hence why we see photos/newspapers change and alternate timelines. Thus marty and old doc can NOT be the arsonists.

Ahh, I see now. That's too bad, I would have liked to have seen that paradox referenced.
    Man, this has been stated over and over...we're starting to sound like broken records on this subject lol

Sorry about that, I'm fairly new here.
  • edited May 2011
    bobscratch wrote: »

Not your fault, don't worry about it. :)
  • Kamagawa wrote: »
    I know how this can all be avoided. Seeing as how there are already so many paradoxes, then it should be fine if marty goes back earlier in 1931 and either:

1) Warns Doc to make him check the ticket before marty even starts the delorean.
    OR
    2) Steals/damages the DeLorean so that the whole FCB mess is avoided.

But think about what happens if marty does this; travels back to 1931 and destroys the delorean that doc and a previous marty use;
    -the obvious is that doc and youner marty are stranded in 1931
    -this creates a paradox; the current version of marty would have had no way of going back there if the delorean were damaged.
    So you'd get doc and marty stranded in 31, possibly a second version of marty there as well and possibly a major paradox. It is similar to what would have happened in part II when biffs goons planned on going after marty from part I due to chasing marty from part II to the gym; part I marty could have missed the lightning bolt at the clock tower which would create a paradox.
    bobscratch wrote: »
    Ahh, I see now. That's too bad, I would have liked to have seen that paradox referenced.

No worries.
  • edited May 2011
    sorry, What i meant by damage was cut a wire as it would take time to fix a wire, which can be done in 1931.
    I think the best option it to warn Doc and give Doc a heads up on what happend.
  • edited May 2011
    VeryTori wrote: »

The mall was built on Farmer Peabody's land and since his ranch was called "Twin Pines Ranch", the mall got the same name. Consequently, after Marty ran over one of his pines, he must have renamed his ranch to "Lone Pine Ranch". He needed to get a new mailbox anyway. ;)

2m62wsw.jpg
  • edited May 2011
    I think what will happen is while Marty and Young Emmett work on his Science Expo invention, FCB will try to derail this plan. Marty and Young Emmett will succeed in putting the timeline back to its original form. However, FCB will still exist in 1931, and he will have the time machine. Seeing that he is soon going to be erased, in despiration, he takes the delorean and goes nuts trying to do everything he can to remain in existance. Somehow another time machine has to appear and Marty must chase FCB and try to contain him until FCB runs OUTATIME!
  • Another talking point: the arsonist. Who is it? My thoughts are that it is...
    Hector.
    ;) Think about it. We know what he is capable of. The only problem is that he doesn't live anywhere near Hill Valley.
  • edited May 2011
    so guyssss,
    some of you say that Einstein has to battle off Edna in this episode then go back to 1986 to send a message to marty (in the first episode)
    well this isn't possible because if you payed close attention you would know that einstein attacked edna on the day of the speakeasy fire,
    unless marty and einstein both travel back to the speakeasy and marty could be the one who sets fire to it and einstein attacks edna then the automatic retrieval settings will kick in somehow?
  • Yeah... That could be possible... but it would be too obvious. Another thing that is too obvious and yet more impossible is that Marty would leave a message in the shoe with a note about where to go.
    And about the retrieval system... Doc or Marty will have to change it to a later date.
    I still think that
    Trogdor
    burned the speakeasy down.
  • edited May 2011
    hahaha trogdor the burninator...
    but i still think Edna is the one who originally burns down the speakeasy because she has tried putting dynamite around the second speakeasy (Ep.2) and the fact that she hates illegal drinking and hooliganism.
    edna is a sl*t.
  • edited May 2011
    who's trogdor again?
  • edited May 2011
    Stretchcb1 wrote: »
    who's trogdor again?

trogdor3.jpg

From Strong Bad.
  • edited May 2011
    oh....
  • edited May 2011
    Seeing how FCB didn't know that he was supposed to fail at the science expo in the original time line, he might unknowingly fix the time line by making young Doc fail.
  • edited May 2011
    Trixie will definitely be Sylvia
  • edited May 2011
    They will run out of time, and then very cleverly, Marty will fix time!!
  • edited May 2011
    Probably going to wind up failing, and ultimately winding up where we began... at the dream in the past where Doc realises he made a horrible mistake... and then we get a last minute chance to put everything together and fix time.
  • edited May 2011
    I was watching a walkthrough of BTTF the game episode 3 in my computer, when I found something curious. Do you remeber the foto that Citizen Brown show to Marty in the Alternate 1986 in his office. The day when he help the police to get Kid Tannen. Well there is a ticket for the theater that come with the foto.(You can see it in the picture) And in the ticket says: One Admition, but not for Frankenstein, its for "The Virtuos Husband". Maybe that is something that make Doc´s Alternative Time Line, and maybe it could be some kind of clue for the Fifth Episode, what do you thing?

Attachment not found.
  • edited May 2011
    ARMSonic1 wrote: »
    ...there is a ticket for the theater that come with the foto.(You can see it in the picture) And in the ticket says: One Admition, but not for Frankenstein, its for "The Virtuos Husband".

Doc mentions he didn't see Frankenstein and he took Edna to see "The Virtuous Husband" instead. The ticket is one of the clickable things you can use when convincing FCB before he gets the photo out.
  • edited May 2011
    Carlos85G wrote: »
    Doc mentions he didn't see Frankenstein and he took Edna to see "The Virtuous Husband" instead. The ticket is one of the clickable things you can use when convincing FCB before he gets the photo out.

yeah i think that may partially be what threw destiny off track but also he never should've been that close to edna in the first place.. "OUR" doc said that he never performed experiments in public nor did he really have too much interaction with edna as a youth so that whole rocket drill was what really did it.. because in Our doc's timeline he never heard from the patent office but in the timeline where doc is in jail marty poses as the us patent office even though he eventually tells young emmitt brown the truth.. dang that was alot to type LOL
  • edited May 2011
    i wonder whether we have to borrow a time machine from somewhere in time
  • edited May 2011
    they did make a point of having doc work on the calibration of the time circuits in this episode (something hinted at in the dream sequence) including the automatic retreival settings. So I'm thinking marty borrows one of the deloreans caught in the time loop to chase after doc. Since it's set to loop, he can just leave it alone and it should arrive back where he got it from. Maybe this miscalibration is what propels them into the future? This would be an interesting twist; in the trilogy, aside from the second trip to 1955, trips into the past are accidental and doc/marty are stuck in the past needing to find a way to get back to the future but the trip to the future was voluntary and they got to leave as soon as they wanted to. It would be neat to be stuck in the future especially since unlike being stuck in the past, you dont know what is going to happen when you are in the future.

Maybe what could happen is doc tries to set things right with young edna but she turns on them making doc realize she is a bad person and thus gives up on fixing her timeline.

You may or may not be right about the last time departed theory. It is necissary for that to have shorted out because if it was working marty would have no reason to go meet edna. But the only digit that was clearly shown was the '2' in the millenium spot so it's likely the last time departed was the future.

If i'm not mistaken, wasn't the last time departed malfunctioning in back to the future part 2 of the movie near the middle when they went back to 1955 when doc said "really gotta fix this thing" which is what caused him to get sent to 1885 in the first place? i'm just hypothesising but i'm pretty sure it was screwed up then and if in fact this delorean is a temporal duplicate from the lightning, then it would make sense for it to me messed up as well lol
  • If i'm not mistaken, wasn't the last time departed malfunctioning in back to the future part 2 of the movie near the middle when they went back to 1955 when doc said "really gotta fix this thing" which is what caused him to get sent to 1885 in the first place? i'm just hypothesising but i'm pretty sure it was screwed up then and if in fact this delorean is a temporal duplicate from the lightning, then it would make sense for it to me messed up as well lol

Not quite it was the destination time that was malfunctioning; right after doc enters the destination time as November 12th 1955, it starts flashing "January 1st 1885". It also flashes the same time again when they are in 1955.
  • edited May 2011
    Not quite it was the destination time that was malfunctioning; right after doc enters the destination time as November 12th 1955, it starts flashing "January 1st 1885". It also flashes the same time again when they are in 1955.

Oh okay thanks for correcting me man i appreciated it.. also a little off topic, but on another website for WWE12 i hinted that they should put the delorean time machin in the games story mode to be able to skip weeks LOL
  • edited June 2011
    Hey guys! I got this from Wikipedia, although I don't know if its comfirmed:

"Doc from the Citizen Brown universe spans through the timeline between 1931 and 1986 to erase Emmett Brown as a scientist from history. Marty follows him and they end up in the alternate future of 2015 where technologically-retarded Scientist returns to Hill Valley (since Emmett never became a scientist) is controlled by Biff Tannen, Wild West style."

What do you think? It sounds pretty epic to me
  • edited June 2011
    Nightband wrote: »

"Doc from the Citizen Brown universe spans through the timeline between 1931 and 1986 to erase Emmett Brown as a scientist from history. Marty follows him and they end up in the alternate future of 2015 where technologically-retarded Scientist returns to Hill Valley (since Emmett never became a scientist) is controlled by Biff Tannen, Wild West style."

The beginning sounds logical. FCB already said he is going to try to steer young Emmett away from science.
  • edited June 2011

That description is totally false.
  • edited June 2011
    Har Har someone has been playing with Wikipedia, i saw that yesterday and knew it was false. the final episode being in the old west? not trying to sound like a butthead but i don't think the dev team has/will make a wild west hill valley for the final episode.
  • edited June 2011
    Solid Mike wrote: »
    Har Har someone has been playing with Wikipedia, i saw that yesterday and knew it was false. the final episode being in the old west? not trying to sound like a butthead but i don't think the dev team has/will make a wild west hill valley for the final episode.

Now that the euphoria's over, I can think clearly again. I agree with you, but I think they meant Future Hill Valley was going to be as technologicaly backward as the Old West.
    Still, it sounds really good, a backward Hill Valley. I read a GURPS book where a world without science showed up, and I thought it was one of the coolest, creepiest things ever. That's why I got a little too excited
  • edited June 2011

what my professors always say, too much cut and paste, and don't trust wikipedia more than 45% of the article lol
  • edited June 2011
    Okay, after seeing the new footage, I've come up with another theory:

What if Marty never returned from 1931, but suceeded in breaking up Edna and Emmett? He stayed out of sight all these years in that little shack of his and in 1986 meets up with a new Marty and Emmett, who eventually became Doc, to tell them about Edna and FCB who are still out there with a second Delorean.
    And it will be all about retracing steps to find out, to which point of time the two went, fixing all the damage and finally stop them.
  • Ductos wrote: »
    Okay, after seeing the new footage, I've come up with another theory:

What if Marty never returned from 1931, but succeeded in breaking up Edna and Emmett? He stayed out of sight all these years in that little shack of his and in 1986 meets up with a new Marty and Emmett, who eventually became Doc, to tell them about Edna and FCB who are still out there with a second Delorean.
    And it will be all about retracing steps to find out, to which the two went and fixing all the damage and finally stop them.

Well one problem is at the end of the day, 18 year old Marty needs to return to 1986; if he doesn't, it erases everything after part I (the 2015 plotline is integral on marty growing up properly in his own timeline).

We are not sure exactly when that scene takes place other than the fact that it's likely post 1900 due to the fact that there is a road. It does seem that it is after doc and marty arrive in a new time (they arent sure where they are and the delorean is there).

I'm not sure if your theory would produce a paradox or not; it would essentially have the timeline depend on a character who will eventually be erased from existance. Mind you i guess it wouldnt be difference than Marty getting info from Biff in part II in the alternate timeline essentially to make sure his 'story' never happens.
  • edited June 2011
    Well one problem is at the end of the day, 18 year old Marty needs to return to 1986; if he doesn't, it erases everything after part I (the 2015 plotline is integral on marty growing up properly in his own timeline).

We are not sure exactly when that scene takes place other than the fact that it's likely post 1900 due to the fact that there is a road. It does seem that it is after doc and marty arrive in a new time (they arent sure where they are and the delorean is there).

I'm not sure if your theory would produce a paradox or not; it would essentially have the timeline depend on a character who will eventually be erased from existance. Mind you i guess it wouldnt be difference than Marty getting info from Biff in part II in the alternate timeline essentially to make sure his 'story' never happens.

Interesting theory and it could also be the fact that they arrived in the wrong time by mistake, since that whole time circuit recalibration issues keeps coming up maybe it sent them to the wrong time period...
  • edited June 2011
    That shack must belong to Edna or a relative of hers, there is a picture of Marshall Strickland behind the window.
    Also "Wipe your feet" is a pretty good indicator of that.
  • edited June 2011
    3354vs5wi7qd.jpg
    Anyone noticed the DeLorean wreckage next to Doc?

Its possible that MJF does play a timestranded older version of Marty.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.