BTTF Ep 5: OUTATIME Predictions thread (Spoilers Warning!)

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Ok this is a crazy idea but from what i have seen and heard i think there is a slight chance this could work.

Ok so we have to stop fcb from making edna date emmet, we get ordinary doc back and think everything is ok but turns out the future is behind in technology and stuff so we have to fix that...

I know it sounds long but it could work?!! :rolleyes:
  • edited June 2011
    did anyone ever try to check doc's notebook when you go back to 1931 in episode 4?
    Marty talks about all the pages being erased

he goes on to quote that doc would probably say something like "the timeline ripples have finally caught up with it"
    then he says "it'll probably go back to normal after i've fixed everything"
    thought that was very interesting

Yes, and maybe that's why the DeLorean is failing. Just like how Marty's picture was getting erased slowly in the frist movie, maybe the DeLorean is failing by a bigger and bigger margin as the new timeline (where it was never invented) catches up with it
  • edited June 2011
    Mino_Dan wrote: »
    He died in the deleted scenes because Biff was shot by Lorraine in the 90s in the changed timeline.

Anyone else feeling fuzzy cause of this whole paradox time looping discussion? :p
    Time travel always confuses the hell out of me lol.
    But why didn't Doc gradually fade like Old Biff did? They both returned to a time line, where they didn't exist anymore. (Old Biff getting shot in the 90's and Doc because time travel wasn't invented, so he couldn't go to a rejuvenation clinic to add years to his life).
    There is something that puzzles me though. Old Biff changed the timeline by giving sports Alamaniac to his younger self, but why did he return to the same 2015, where as he should have gone to 2015A? Or did Hill Valley just appear to be the same, because it changed back into a respectable place, following Biff's death?
  • edited June 2011
    Masta23 wrote: »
    But why didn't Doc gradually fade like Old Biff did? They both returned to a time line, where they didn't exist anymore. (Old Biff getting shot in the 90's and Doc because time travel wasn't invented, so he couldn't go to a rejuvenation clinic to add years to his life).
    There is something that puzzles me though. Old Biff changed the timeline by giving sports Alamaniac to his younger self, but why did he return to the same 2015, where as he should have gone to 2015A? Or did Hill Valley just appear to be the same, because it changed back into a respectable place, following Biff's death?
    one doc is not that old and the Delorean didn't get built but because the components needed to build a a delorean still exist so yeah
  • edited June 2011
    lol indeed
  • edited June 2011

It's been confirmed in commentaries by the Bobs that Hill Valley changed around Marty, Doc, Jennifer, and Einstein. They just didn't notice because Hilldale was apparently crummy anyway, and the only house that they saw was the McFly home, and by the time Biff returned, they had already left the house. Most likely, the McFlys didn't live there any more.
  • edited June 2011
    In the Gametrailers video you can clearly see that there are 2 Deloreans there. One is behind them (seemingly intact) while the other is in front of them behind that fence near the Blacksmith sign.

And yes, for a truck like the one we see to be in existence it would need to be at least 1910.
  • edited June 2011
    ko32190 wrote: »
    one doc is not that old and the Delorean didn't get built but because the components needed to build a a delorean still exist so yeah
    Doc would be very old. Without his rejuvenation clinic, he would have died of old age, so yeah that is why he disappears. MY question is why he didn't gradually fade like Old Biff? Is it because there is already a Doc in this 1986A, so they just switch over? You were right about the delorean.. yeah the car would still exist even without it's time travel capabilities.
  • edited June 2011
    Doc would be very old. Without his rejuvenation clinic, he would have died of old age, so yeah that is why he disappears. MY question is why he didn't gradually fade like Old Biff? Is it because there is already a Doc in this 1986A, so they just switch over? You were right about the delorean.. yeah the car would still exist even without it's time travel capabilities.

Also, because the DeLorean is a temporal duplicate, it is no longer completely dependent on Doc inventing the flux capacitor in 1955 and creating the time machine in 1985. That's why the time travel components didn't fade away.
  • edited June 2011
    this is heavy
  • Masta23 wrote: »

Well remember the Biff fading scene is not in the movie meaning even though we know about the deleted scene, it may not be part of the film.

One possibility is if doc STILL lives to his current age in this time line, marty goes to 1986 and doc goes to 1986+ however many years he's been time traveling. So so for instance let's say doc spent 25 years time traveling (meaning he's 25 years older than FCB), he'd be transported to 2010 or 2011. Marty's only spent a few weeks of his life time traveling so not enough to stray from that timeline.

Also keep it may have been less time for Doc than Biff. It's only 24 years between 1931 and doc discovering time travel in 24 so essentially once the ripple effect hits 1955, that prevents all the timeline changes where time travel occurs. Whereas biffs time travels need 60 years for the ripple effect to occur and so for all we know he could die in 2014 in this timeline hence why it takes longer for him to fade.

This is why in part II when marty burns the almanac, the 1973 newspaper of georges murder changes before the 1983 newspaper of Doc getting committed.

Also remember at the end of episode 1/start of 2, the time stream needs time to catch out; george fades completely and marty just starts fading (because georges birth came first). When Marty goes back in time to the day before, he stops fading.
  • edited June 2011
    What Doc does not realize is that their tampering with time created INFINITE DUPLICATES of the Delorean. The meddling didn't destroy the Universe but instead created an infinite spectrum of alternate time lines...all connected by the original Delorean.
  • edited June 2011
    ya in the gametrailer i saw it to but its hard to tell but little weird becuase Doc was a Blacksmith in that time and also the first time it scrolled down in the past doesn't the look like Claire's old house?
  • edited June 2011
    Its not Seamus
    Its probably William
    Might be an older marty from 1986 timeline stuck in time
    (some are willing to believe marty has become some sort of time god)

The blacksmith sign may possibly be Williams old profession before he retired.
    but it is a throw back to docs profession in 1885.

However, the truck that Mcfly is driving sure looks like it can haul some manure....

Its possible theres 1 delorean and the video we saw is multiple cinematics cut together.
    Example: they push the delorean into Wlliams home, and come back later on to see if Willie has any parts today, because hes a friggin blacksmith.

(Yes yes i know we saw a delorean parked as a truck was driving up, that could be from the 2nd interaction, immediately followed by the first interaction "what the heck is that thing?" cut in afterwards for a teaser trailer feel.)

The family tree full circle: if that Mcfly is William, then i hope we see Bufords son, Kid Tannens father, Mugsy Tannen, then we would have seen all Mcfly fathers since Seamus, and all biff fathers since Buford. Oh also, would be cool if Tom Wilson could voice for him :)
  • edited June 2011
    Solid Mike wrote: »
    Its not Seamus
    Its probably William
    Might be an older marty from 1986 timeline stuck in time
    (some are willing to believe marty has become some sort of time god)

If it was an older Marty, why would he ask what the Delorean was? He'd already know...
  • edited June 2011
    The same reason Doc acted like a run of the mill Hill Valley citizen as he handed himself a tool from his own tool box at the end of BTTF 2, becuase if he didnt, he would cause a disturbance in the force.... uhm michael j fox is candian can explain these things better.
  • edited June 2011
    The same reason Doc acted like a run of the mill Hill Valley citizen as he handed himself a tool from his own tool box at the end of BTTF 2, becuase if he didnt, he would cause a disturbance in the force.... uhm michael j fox is candian can explain these things better.

Uhhh, those are two completely different scenarios and don't even relate.

If Marty had been trapped in the past and the scene we saw was old Marty driving up...then it wouldn't require them lying to him. It's not like when Doc risked alerting his past self of his own time traveling, which could potentially alter his own future.

You can make up a premise, then when it's shown to be faulty ask someone else to try and explain it. Nice try though.
  • Solid Mike wrote: »

Wow called upon but someone with only 17 posts :)

I've read and considered the theory that marty gets stranded in time and that is an older version of him. Problem is that this is impossible; if Marty is stranded in the past then there's no way for him to be able to meet a future version of himself unless he gets a time machine decades later (ie that MJF character we see is MJF who has time traveled).

Remember; while the future is written in BTTF universe (hence the ability to travel to it), the future of time travel is not. So the characters cant depend on future versions of themselves to come and save them the way we see in Bill and Ted.

Consider this; what would have happened in part I had Marty missed the lightning bolt at the clock tower;
    What would have had to happen is once Doc was able to get plutonium, he'd travel back to 1955, get marty, and bring him back to 1985. If Marty went back in time and picked up his other self (this is ignoring the 'face to face with your other self' paradox, this creates a paradox in itself.

So if that is a future version of marty, the only way it is plausible is if that scene takes place in the future with Marty being from his own timestream (ie if that is 58 year old marty, it would have to be the year 2026)
  • edited June 2011
    IF it is Marty Mcflys destiny to choose to live in that timeline (sorta like Clara and Doc) in his older years, then he needs to keep his identity a secret, and possibly play a role in fixing the time machine, as this is the real timeline.
    this is where the true timeline marty ends up in life.
    older marty has to lie to them. its plausible to act stupid and say hes a relative.
    possible his family grew up and left, :( maybe jenn died, a guy deserves his farm.

IF it is William Mcfly (wich is what i believe) then he may be nothing more than a cameo, or the person they need to go to for help fixing the delorean. they need to lie to him in this situation.

IF William Mcfly has a messed up timeline, and it becomes obvious to doc and marty, the possibility of spilling the beans is there, if Williams heart can take the shock.
  • edited June 2011
    Two things. 1. Marty in the clip and MJF in the clip have different eyecolor so he can not be grown marty at that point. And 2. Have anyone noticed that it's the real Doc, which means that this is probably a bit late in the game perhaps, since when we left them in the last game, he was FCB
  • edited June 2011
    Two things. 1. Marty in the clip and MJF in the clip have different eyecolor so he can not be grown marty at that point. And 2. Have anyone noticed that it's the real Doc, which means that this is probably a bit late in the game perhaps, since when we left them in the last game, he was FCB

Thing is, there's no telling how late in the episode we get real Doc back.
  • It Was Said By Bob Gale That The End Of Part 5 Would Be Similar To Back To The Future (The Film)s Ending So That's A Hint At The End Of Episode 5.
  • edited June 2011
    Ok i am certain from the slight accent, that one of the 2 roles MJF will be playing is Willie. Almost certain the 2nd role is an older Marty.

On a side note the BTTF Wiki states that William never had a quarrel with a Tannen.

Perhaps in Williams years he has made friends with the Tannen of his era, or has yet to quarrel/meet with him until a time line change occurs. I have traced what could be Kid Tannens father and Buffords son, that would be a nickname, Mugsy Tannen, perhaps Mugsy will show up and cause problems for William, Marty and Doc.

EDIT: The female screaming in BTTF 2 when biff is entering his garage, is Gertrude Tannen,
    whom is Mugsy's wife and Kid Tannens mother.

How do you know gertude is not buffords daughter who had Kid tannen out of wedlock?(keeping the tannen name) we know she lived alone with biff in 1955.
  • Solid Mike wrote: »
    IF it is Marty Mcflys destiny to choose to live in that timeline (sorta like Clara and Doc) in his older years, then he needs to keep his identity a secret, and possibly play a role in fixing the time machine, as this is the real timeline.
    this is where the true timeline marty ends up in life.
    older marty has to lie to them. its plausible to act stupid and say hes a relative.
    possible his family grew up and left, :( maybe jenn died, a guy deserves his farm.

2 reasons why this can't be an older version of marty in the past;
    -marty must return to his regular timeline as it's integral for the plot of 2015 to happen (just Jenn cant die as Marty Jr and Marlene need to be born)
    -if marty is stranded in the past for long enough for him to grow old, then if his 18 year old self goes to that time, the older self would disappear. Example;
    let's say 18 year old marty is stuck in 1931 and stays there. In 1976, he'd be 63. But if 18 year old marty travels to 1976 from 1931, 63 year old marty should be removed from 1976 as he's no longer stranded in the past.

Keep in mind this is not the same scenario as marty going to 2015 and seeing his future self as this is his natural timeline.
  • edited June 2011
    The black smith sign makes me wonder was this Doc's Place where he raised a family??

Wheres jules and vern?

they would be alive in the 30s if they chose to stay.

We have no evidence this is MJF's Home he could just be driving by this area.

It would make sense for doc to take a Busted delorean to his 1880s home in the 1900s to salvage tools and perhaps future parts if any.(from the workshop where he construsted the train)

Just trying to add some new Thoughts here.
  • edited June 2011
    ELB1985 wrote: »
    The black smith sign makes me wonder was this Doc's Place where he raised a family??

Wheres jules and vern?

It would make sense for doc to take a Busted delorean to his 1880s home in the 1900s to salvage tools and perhaps future parts if any.(from the workshop where he construsted the train)

Intresting i just looked at the shack closely. Reminds me of grandma tannens house in 1955 flowers and signs all over the place. Plus empy jugs of wine in the lawn with a saloon sign on the ground too....

my theory: this shack is ethier A tannens home or Marshal stricklands son's home. theyre' is a picture in the window blocked which is marshal strickland or bufford. But the collection of signs Such as "salloon and blacksmith" is a throwback to edna collecting the news papers...
    I see nothing that makes me belive this is Ethier doc's or william's Home.
  • edited June 2011
    bttttt.png
  • edited June 2011
    Does that not look like a 2015 licsense plate???? I just discovered it.

I apologize if anyone else already posted this.
  • edited June 2011
    licensex.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • ELB1985 wrote: »

Wheres jules and vern?

depends which timeline we're talking; in the FCB timeline, jules and verne do not exist (and it is possible this is still FCB timeline)

but either way Doc and Marty look like they just arrived so they probably dont know when they are in that scene.
  • edited June 2011
    ELB1985 wrote: »
    Does that not look like a 2015 licsense plate???? I just discovered it.

I apologize if anyone else already posted this.

Yes, it does look like the license plate! :eek:

Well, the other DeLorean wreckage must be next to it and it looks like parts have been taken from it.
  • edited June 2011
    Thing is, there's no telling how late in the episode we get real Doc back.

Or how early in the Game for all we know the events leading up to getting the original Doc back and going into the climatic chase through the Past,Present, and Future of Hill Valley might show up faster than we think
  • edited June 2011
    i just find this shack so much more facisnating than MJF i feel is painfully obvisous hes William. and thats that. What i wanna know is whats going on out at the house thats so important.
  • edited June 2011
    depends which timeline we're talking; in the FCB timeline, jules and verne do not exist (and it is possible this is still FCB timeline)

but either way Doc and Marty look like they just arrived so they probably dont know when they are in that scene.

Snice we see orginal doc i was assuming thinks were fixed.
  • edited June 2011
    2 reasons why this can't be an older version of marty in the past;
    -marty must return to his regular timeline as it's integral for the plot of 2015 to happen (just Jenn cant die as Marty Jr and Marlene need to be born)

But isn't this plot already not going to happen because Marty never got in the car crash with needles in the 3rd film?

Also I like the idea of the shack being Doc's but wasn't something said in the first episode about Jules and Verne going to school in the future.

For all we know it could be future Marty but in his original timeline and their in 2015. I remember reading in an earlier post about the future technology being as bad as the old west because emmet never became a scientist of something.
  • edited June 2011
    Hey, has anyone thought that maybe they end up going to 1955 briefly in this episode. That could be interesting.
  • edited June 2011
    Hey, has anyone thought that maybe they end up going to 1955 briefly in this episode. That could be interesting.

so far i hear the theory is FCB will steal the time machine and some how marty and ELB will have the Tome machine chase through time.

The only thing i think we would see is 1955 november 12. if what doc said hypothinised in bttf2 was correct.

" It could mean that that point in time inherently contains some sort of cosmic significance, almost as if it were the temporal junction point of the entire space-time continuum. On the other hand, it could just be an amazing coincidence."

for the game we'll probaly just have a quick drive through of a certian area.
  • Hey, has anyone thought that maybe they end up going to 1955 briefly in this episode. That could be interesting.

Yes. That is one of the theories of how we could get old doc and FCB together; marty travels to a time that doc time traveled to. Mind you it would work better to be a past time as the future of 1931 should be altered.
  • edited June 2011
    Yes. That is one of the theories of how we could get old doc and FCB together; marty travels to a time that doc time traveled to. Mind you it would work better to be a past time as the future of 1931 should be altered.

So you'll think he'll go back to 1885? Wouldn't that be a really bad idea as doc has to make the time train and all to get back to the future.?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.