BTTF Ep 5: OUTATIME Predictions thread (Spoilers Warning!)

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Is there any possibility with the new footage we've seen and the new concept art that will be traveling to different times now? I mean that living room looks like futuristic...maybe a trip to 2015?
  • Mino_Dan wrote: »
    3354vs5wi7qd.jpg
    Anyone noticed the DeLorean wreckage next to Doc?

Its possible that MJF does play a timestranded older version of Marty.

From the clip it seems doc and Marty just arrived there and MJF points at the delorean asking what it is.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2011
    I'm not sure if the mysterious Marty variety is supposed to be a fixed relative of Marty McFly, or a relative at all. Episode 5 is called "OUTATIME", and TTG may wish to introduce a place/era which is exactly there. Doc and Marty might be literally stranded at the end of time, or at the beginning of time. And very similar to something experienced in the last Sam & Max season, this very special place might manifest itself in this mysterious, surreal way. Consequently, this "known face" could be anyone from the "Master of Time", God, or whatever you'd like to call him. Think last episode of Quantum Leap or End of Time in Chrono Trigger.
  • edited June 2011
    ...he introduces himself as a McFly, though.
    edited June 2011
    Damn. ;)

/edit: Does he really? Where and when?
  • edited June 2011
    ...he introduces himself as a McFly, though.

He does?

EDIT: I just noticed that the sign propped up against the wrecked DeLorean says "BLACKSMITH". Hmmm...
  • edited June 2011
    Damn. ;)

/edit: Does he really? Where and when?

http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/123

The full Gametrailers episode features a few clips not seen in that other featurette.
    edited June 2011
    Marty has met this character shown in the new behind the scenes video (above) in the original film series.

Okay, maybe Alan has told us a little too much this time. If we assume they're still in 1931 and this character is about MJF's age, this is of course
    William McFly, the first McFly born in America
  • edited June 2011
    based on Tales Of Monkey Island spoiler ending when is all ends, the eclipse appears (so as the blue background) zoom out the camera then Sonic Logo 2011 (and the TENDERONI background music) appears when up screen said "DOUBLE SPEED, DOUBLE FUN!" and the bottom says "www.sonicgenerations.com" while the background words in front of two words (based on Sonic Generations Trailers at the end trailer) while the music stop and sonics voice and boost in the background music, sonic generations logo appears and then cut back to Sonic Generations end Trailer. (after the credits and the spoiler cutscene ending) if im wrong or that dose't makes sense? please...ask me (if you want to? :confused: )
  • edited June 2011
    pepsiboy3 wrote: »
    based on Tales Of Monkey Island spoiler ending when is all ends, the eclipse appears (so as the blue background) zoom out the camera then Sonic Logo 2011 (and the TENDERONI background music) appears when up screen said "DOUBLE SPEED, DOUBLE FUN!" and the bottom says "www.sonicgenerations.com" while the background words in front of two words (based on Sonic Generations Trailers at the end trailer) while the music stop and sonics voice and boost in the background music, sonic generations logo appears and then cut back to Sonic Generations end Trailer. (after the credits and the spoiler cutscene ending) if im wrong or that dose't makes sense? please...ask me (if you want to? :confused: )
    What?
    edited June 2011
    He's trying to promote his video or something.
  • edited June 2011
    From the clip it seems doc and Marty just arrived there and MJF points at the delorean asking what it is.

Oh right, that beats my old Marty theory.

Nevetheless two DeLorean time machines.
  • edited June 2011
    Ok i am certain from the slight accent, that one of the 2 roles MJF will be playing is Willie. Almost certain the 2nd role is an older Marty.

On a side note the BTTF Wiki states that William never had a quarrel with a Tannen.

Perhaps in Williams years he has made friends with the Tannen of his era, or has yet to quarrel/meet with him until a time line change occurs. I have traced what could be Kid Tannens father and Buffords son, that would be a nickname, Mugsy Tannen, perhaps Mugsy will show up and cause problems for William, Marty and Doc.

EDIT: The female screaming in BTTF 2 when biff is entering his garage, is Gertrude Tannen,
    whom is Mugsy's wife and Kid Tannens mother.
  • edited June 2011
    Okay, maybe Alan has told us a little too much this time. If we assume they're still in 1931 and this character is about MJF's age, this is of course
    William McFly, the first McFly born in America

It would make sense...math works out for for the years and such.
  • edited June 2011
    He's trying to promote his video or something.
    Why is he even allowed to post when all he ever does is try to promote Sonic in everything? Surely he's breaking spam rules?
  • edited June 2011
    Kyronea wrote: »
    Why is he even allowed to post when all he ever does is try to promote Sonic in everything? Surely he's breaking spam rules?

Because everyone loves speedy blue hedgehogs who have had ONE DECENT game since 2001. And that was Sonic Colors.

Back on topic, I think MJF's characters are going to be William McFly and future Marty. As for the busted time machine...that I'm clueless on. Maybe that's the reason Doc came to 1931 in the first place? :confused:
  • edited June 2011
    Because everyone loves speedy blue hedgehogs who have had ONE DECENT game since 2001. And that was Sonic Colors.

Back on topic, I think MJF's characters are going to be William McFly and future Marty. As for the busted time machine...that I'm clueless on. Maybe that's the reason Doc came to 1931 in the first place? :confused:

The busted time machine must have SOMETHING to do with the broken time circuits in episode 1.
  • edited June 2011
    http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/123

The full Gametrailers episode features a few clips not seen in that other featurette.

Wow... What stinks about that video is it is not just bttf. And it comes out June 23,2011 not 21. But I can not wait. And for a second I thought Doc was going to say what he said in Marty's dream in ep 1. "I'm sorry Marty. I made a terrible mistake." and maybe Telltale made it to where when George said he does not believe in dreams predicting the future, maybe it can predict the future or past in the game!

When is there a blacksmith sign on the delorean?
  • edited June 2011
    VeryTori wrote: »
    When is there a blacksmith sign on the delorean?
    Mino_Dan wrote: »
    3354vs5wi7qd.jpg

^^Look right by Doc's arm.
  • edited June 2011
    Okay, my current speculation of Ep 5 based on what we know right now is that, to prevent Edna's corruption, Marty and Doc have to prevent Marshall Strickland or another relative from being murdered, making Edna less obsessed with law and order. This brings things full circle into Part 3's continuity

Considering how William Mcfly was born in 1885, that would be too young for him to be the Mcfly shown, but it can be his father Seamus Mcfly instead.
  • edited June 2011
    Okay, my current speculation of Ep 5 based on what we know right now is that, to prevent Edna's corruption, Marty and Doc have to prevent Marshall Strickland or another relative from being murdered, making Edna less obsessed with law and order. This brings things full circle into Part 3's continuity

Considering how William Mcfly was born in 1885, that would be too young for him to be the Mcfly shown, but it can be his father Seamus Mcfly instead.

True, but FCB is not about to do that and be willing to be "Overrided". Maybe you somehow get FCB distracted and you go back and do what you said, but still you have to go to the past without Edna (In Delorean.) and find a way to go to the time you want to and stop FCB from making the worst decision of Emmet's life! As my signature says, the events of this could be CATASTROPHIC!!!!
    ^^Look right by Doc's arm.

Ohhhhh.
  • edited June 2011
    Anyone have a better link of the E3 material. I know that I don't want to search for it in that video.
  • edited June 2011
    doodo! wrote: »
    Anyone have a better link of the E3 material. I know that I don't want to search for it in that video.

There really isn't much to it.
  • edited June 2011
    You mean the content itself or finding said content?
  • edited June 2011
    Ok guys, here's my theory:
    Did anyone notice the Stop Sign on the short clip of the house? Those weren't invented until 1915, so it can't be on the old west. Plus it would be stupid to reuse the time of movie 3.Also, the McFly MJF is playing is driving a car, and I'm pretty sure they didn't have those in the old west.
    I also think, if I remember correctly, FCB calls Marty "Marty" rather than "Martin" at some points. I mean, he asks him to call him Doc instead of "Your Honor" at one point. Someone may need to comfirm that one.
    My guess is that FCB does succeed, and turns Hill Valley into a backward, technologically retarded version of itself. Then he realizes what he'd done and decides to help Marty. Whatever happens after that is beyond me.
  • edited June 2011
    Solid Mike wrote: »
    Ok i am certain from the slight accent, that one of the 2 roles MJF will be playing is Willie. Almost certain the 2nd role is an older Marty.

On a side note the BTTF Wiki states that William never had a quarrel with a Tannen.

Perhaps in Williams years he has made friends with the Tannen of his era, or has yet to quarrel/meet with him until a time line change occurs. I have traced what could be Kid Tannens father and Buffords son, that would be a nickname, Mugsy Tannen, perhaps Mugsy will show up and cause problems for William, Marty and Doc.

EDIT: The female screaming in BTTF 2 when biff is entering his garage, is Gertrude Tannen,
    whom is Mugsy's wife and Kid Tannens mother.

Heres a link to the first comic book of BTTF

In it the pair are in 1927 Chicago, reminds me of the first episode in 1931, as mentioned above, the wiki states that William never had a Tannen problem, that is because Bufords son was in Chicago pretty much being a Kid Tannen.

I dont read comics online so i dont know what happens to Mugsy. Am stating this based on the possibility of a tannen incident (since time lines are messed AND Gertrude is in Hill Valley by 1955), Mugsy is my best guess.
  • edited June 2011
    My theory:
    Delorean is not working corectly as time machine. Marty succed preventing whatever FCB wanted to do and he tries to go back to 1986. he lands in about 1900 and have to wait and live for 30 years just to met with himself and help fix back delorean.
  • edited June 2011
    Alien_XIII wrote: »
    My theory:
    Delorean is not working corectly as time machine. Marty succed preventing whatever FCB wanted to do and he tries to go back to 1986. he lands in about 1900 and have to wait and live for 30 years just to met with himself and help fix back delorean.

That would explain the old guy, but once that happens, it would create 2 paradoxes. 1 you must never come face to face with your other self, and then the older self will cease to exist.
  • edited June 2011
    Alien_XIII wrote: »
    My theory:

wrong because if my calculations are correct bttf logic says never to me your future/past selves
  • edited June 2011
    The 2 Jennifer's saw eachother :3
    as was explained in another post/thread
    if one was to meet him/herself but will ultimately time travel back into his/her own timeline, then erm, its fine :confused:

A.. anyways..:confused:

It might be marty is "pulling a yoda"
    Whats that glowie thing there? NEAT!
    (be cool marty, dont slip up and let marty realize im him 30 years from now...
    not untill i can hitch a ride D: otherwise time and space is going to implode)
    Say need some help? :D
  • edited June 2011
    That would explain the old guy, but once that happens, it would create 2 paradoxes. 1 you must never come face to face with your other self, and then the older self will cease to exist.

That would be logical. To be honest I'm not sure how time travel would actually work. It would have to be some sort of alternate time line, meaning old marty might not disappear and no paradox.
  • Remember Telltale confirmed MJF is playing 2 characters, one of which Marty already met.

So what characters that are in Marty's family tree has he met which have not yet been in the game?
    Seamus Mcfly (possible)
    William McFly (seems to be the popular choice)
    Marty McFly Jr. (would have to be in the future).

It's likely he'll either voice 2 of the above 3 characters or one of those characters and an older version of Marty (which is quite possible, Christopher Lloyd is not voicing young Emmett)

The 'see your other self' paradox has come up;
    The reason it can be a paradox is that it can cause a shock to see your other self and the future one could potentially alter the past ones timeline. Look at it this way; say Old Jennifer finds young jennifer in her house and attacks her (not knowing who she is) or old biff got into a car accident with his younger self in the car, those could cause paradoxes.

Both Jennifers see each other and it shocks them. Young Biff has no clue he's meeting his older self and Old Biff is not shocked as he's specifically looking for his younger self.

Marty does see his other self twice in the trilogy (at the end of part I and in the dance in part II) and I believe Doc sees young emmett.
  • edited June 2011
    Remember Telltale confirmed MJF is playing 2 characters, one of which Marty already met.

So what characters that are in Marty's family tree has he met which have not yet been in the game?
    Seamus Mcfly (possible)
    William McFly (seems to be the popular choice)
    Marty McFly Jr. (would have to be in the future).

It's likely he'll either voice 2 of the above 3 characters or one of those characters and an older version of Marty (which is quite possible, Christopher Lloyd is not voicing young Emmett)

The 'see your other self' paradox has come up;
    The reason it can be a paradox is that it can cause a shock to see your other self and the future one could potentially alter the past ones timeline. Look at it this way; say Old Jennifer finds young jennifer in her house and attacks her (not knowing who she is) or old biff got into a car accident with his younger self in the car, those could cause paradoxes.

Both Jennifers see each other and it shocks them. Young Biff has no clue he's meeting his older self and Old Biff is not shocked as he's specifically looking for his younger self.

Marty does see his other self twice in the trilogy (at the end of part I and in the dance in part II) and I believe Doc sees young emmett.

Not to mention Marty seeing his past selves in Episodes 2 and 4.
  • edited June 2011
    Not to mention Marty seeing his past selves in Episodes 2 and 4.

When in episode 4?
  • edited June 2011

Thats not completly true. The two Jennifer meeting up was never the problem itself in BTTF2. The fact that they both fainted could've ended in a paradox if the young Jennifer injured herself.

When the two Biffs met up in BTTF2 everything was just fine.

So, the "old Marty" might actually lie when he sees the DeLorean to prevent a paradox.
  • edited June 2011
    Mino_Dan wrote: »
    Thats not completly true. The two Jennifer meeting up was never the problem itself in BTTF2. The fact that they both fainted could've ended in a paradox if the young Jennifer injured herself.

When the two Biffs met up in BTTF2 everything was just fine.

So, the "old Marty" might actually lie when he sees the DeLorean to prevent a paradox.

True, but Doc said there are two possibilities, he mentioned fainting will make it okay. And Old Biff died in the deleted scenes.
  • edited June 2011
    I'm pasting what someone said on the telltale games comments section of the "that's a wrap" video of the behind the scenes footage

"I figured out who it is: the nutcase farmer from the first film who tries to shoot Marty McFly after he mutates into human form. I say this because based on his "farmerly" appearance in the preview video, it is the most conceivable individual, and given that they are stranded in the middle of nowhere from Hill Valley, which is technicaly where the Pine Trees farm was in the first film in 1955. I'd be damned if i'm wrong, but we'll see......
    Comment by Nickolas June 3, 2011, 12:13 pm

Old Man Peabody
    Comment by Nickolas June 3, 2011, 12:14 pm

I AM SOOOOOO DAMN' HAPPY to know that Michael J. Fox will be a voice actor in this episode! This is an awesome newz!

Now I'm excited! :D

Still, you're sayin' that Peabody could be voiced by MJF...? Get ouuuut!
    Even the possibility that the man in the truck is Peabody sounds like bullshit to me.
    Don't you recognize the face of Marty? The smile, the eyes, the red cheeks...

If MJF had to voice a character in BTTF : the game, it would obviously be a Mc Fly.

What about 47 years old Marty, if the game makes us go in 2015?
    Seamus or William Mc Fly could be possible too, and it would be SO awesome (if it was Seamus) that he recognize Marty like "duuuude, Clint Eastwood, is that you?!? O_O"

But no, I think it's most likely William McFly.
    Comment by Arakara June 3, 2011, 1:01 pm "

All these sound like plausible predictions if you ask me, and they do keep talking about it represents something tied into the first movie... so maybe it was old man peabody in that truck, who knows!

Outta Time Releases in North america in

Days Hours Minutes Seconds
    19 23 25 58
  • edited June 2011
    just give me doctor brown saying something to the effect.

Martin, i got to help me. Its about my kids.

And I will be a happy camper.
  • edited June 2011
    did anyone ever try to check doc's notebook when you go back to 1931 in episode 4?
    Marty talks about all the pages being erased

he goes on to quote that doc would probably say something like "the timeline ripples have finally caught up with it"
    then he says "it'll probably go back to normal after i've fixed everything"
    thought that was very interesting
  • edited June 2011
    True, but Doc said there are two possibilities, he mentioned fainting will make it okay. And Old Biff died in the deleted scenes.
    He died in the deleted scenes because Biff was shot by Lorraine in the 90s in the changed timeline.

Anyone else feeling fuzzy cause of this whole paradox time looping discussion? :p
Sign in to comment in this discussion.