Possible BTTF Season 2 ideas/speculation/suggestion

Comments

• yoman45135 wrote: »
    Something I noticed when I was installing the game on my newer computer a few moments ago is after it says which episode it is installing it says season 1, maybe this is a hint they had a season 2 in mind?

Don't they label all their first series as 'season 1'
  • edited July 2012
    Don't they label all their first series as 'season 1'

I wouldn't know I only own one Telltale game and that's Back to the future: The game.
  • edited July 2012
    suppose ttg have plans for second season of twd to keep up with the comics/tv show fan base.

then probably some other games so a bttf sequel will be a few years away but i hope they don't wait to long as christopher lloyd ain't getting any younger...
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited July 2012
    I think Telltale learned after the backlash from their huge announcement when they announced they were making games years in advance to keep quiet until a project is near completion.

The most likely reason The Walking Dead Season Two broke this rule (since the two announcements came on the same day) was because Telltale wanted to absorb the blow of the Activision announcement of their own new Walking Dead game by announcing that they were developing a new game too.

We've still got Fables and King's Quest (and possibly TWD Season Two) to go before Telltale's likely to announce any new game.
  • edited August 2012
    Everyday i go on the site to see if a season 2 is announced... I can't wait for the second season, please Telltale give us this... At the moment I restart the first season, i love this game.

I created a website about BTTF The Games in french (i'm french): http://retourverslefutur-lejeu.alwaysdata.net/index.html

Thank you Telltale, i hope my dream will see the day in the future. =)
  • edited August 2012
    They will probably get to Back to the Future season 2 once they’re done with Walking Dead season 1 and Fables season 1.
  • edited August 2012
    That's the optimistic viewpoint. They need to get going sooner than that. As much as I hate saying it, Christopher Lloyd won't be around forever.

However, I really am thinking that they've forgotten that it was BTTF that put TellTale games on the map for a lot of people.
  • edited August 2012
    Point taken. While they're at it, they should get their hands on Thomas F. Wilson. All he does nowadays is Spongebob.
  • edited August 2012
    Noname215 wrote: »
    Point taken. While they're at it, they should get their hands on Thomas F. Wilson. All he does nowadays is Spongebob.

Not true, he has a bit part in the upcoming Dreamworks Dragons TV series.
  • edited August 2012
    But do you understand what I’m saying? All he does these days are shitty cartoons.

I didn’t use to think Spongebob was shit until after the movie.
  • edited August 2012
    I'd hardly call Dragons shitty based on the pilot.

Either way, I think it's a moot point since Thomas F. Wilson has repeatedly stated how much he wants to distance himself from the BttF franchise.
  • edited August 2012
    Now HE’S a butthead.
  • edited August 2012
    I'd like a Season 2 of this, but I rather have a Season 4 of Sam & Max
  • edited August 2012
    is this smart should we tempt this company with another project now, when they cant even produce one game for us to enjoy. I of course am just kidding ......... well sort of!!!
  • just saw christopher lloyd in person, he said they are in fact in the works to continue the game!!!!
  • edited August 2012
    Hm. TellTale sure could fool me with their deafening silence.
  • edited August 2012
    just saw christopher lloyd in person, he said they are in fact in the works to continue the game!!!!

Awesome! That's great news!
  • edited August 2012
    just saw christopher lloyd in person, he said they are in fact in the works to continue the game!!!!

If you're legit than woo.
  • edited August 2012

You wouldn't happen to be the same person that Gamespot is quoting, would ya? http://www.gamespot.com/news/telltale-continuing-back-to-the-future-series-6393714
  • edited August 2012
    If you're legit than woo.

I came on here to post something very similar about Christopher Lloyd!

He was at the Toronto Comic Convention over the weekend, and during his Q&A someone asked him how he liked reprising his role as Doc Brown in the videogame, he said he loved it. After he answered, he said that they were working on a second game, and that he would be involved.

So ill take that as a big "yeah its happening"
  • I came on here to post something very similar about Christopher Lloyd!

He was at the Toronto Comic Convention over the weekend, and during his Q&A someone asked him how he liked reprising his role as Doc Brown in the videogame, he said he loved it. After he answered, he said that they were working on a second game, and that he would be involved.

So ill take that as a big "yeah its happening"

Yep thats where I got the info. You may have even saw me; there was a lineup to ask questions. The guy before me went up and the moderator said "we have time for 1 maybe 2 more questions after this one", the idiot asked him THREE. So I didnt get to ask mine but i was the one at the very front in the hat marty wore in part II.
  • edited August 2012
    Man, you better hope royce isn't the 3 question guy.
  • edited August 2012
    ...you guys do realize that actors speculate all the time, just like us, right? Heck, most of the cast of the Transformers trilogy said at the end that 3 was going to be Michael Bay's last, and what do you know, they were wrong. Until TellTale Games comes out with a trailer or some announcement for season 2 of BttF, I'm calling it all rumor and speculation based on a To Be Continued screen.
  • edited August 2012
    ...you guys do realize that actors speculate all the time, just like us, right? Heck, most of the cast of the Transformers trilogy said at the end that 3 was going to be Michael Bay's last, and what do you know, they were wrong. Until TellTale Games comes out with a trailer or some announcement for season 2 of BttF, I'm calling it all rumor and speculation based on a To Be Continued screen.

/agree
  • you may be right but I should say the question wasn't even about a special game. The question was 'what was it like reprising your role for that video game' and he raved about what a great experience it was and confirmed the game will indeed continue.

Believe me read my posts in this thread before last week and there's plenty of me moaning and ranting but after hearing Lloyd I'm a firm believer we will have a second season.
  • edited August 2012
    I want to believe. I truly do. I loved the BttF game, even with its flaws, and I want to see the story continue. But I don't see it happening any time soon. TellTale is busy with Fables and Kings Quest, and then they have another season of The Walking Dead to go through.
  • edited September 2012
    I want to believe. I truly do. I loved the BttF game, even with its flaws, and I want to see the story continue. But I don't see it happening any time soon. TellTale is busy with Fables and Kings Quest, and then they have another season of The Walking Dead to go through.
    Not Forgetting sam and max of course. Anyway they wouldn't have put "to be continued" at the end if they didn't want to do another, so I am optimistic it will happen. Telltale have grown in size, so maybe they can do more projects simultaneously?
  • edited September 2012
    Yep thats where I got the info. You may have even saw me; there was a lineup to ask questions. The guy before me went up and the moderator said "we have time for 1 maybe 2 more questions after this one", the idiot asked him THREE. So I didnt get to ask mine but i was the one at the very front in the hat marty wore in part II.

WOW!!! that was you?!!?!?

We saw you up there with your hat, and you were literally jumping up and down with excitement... as SOON as he said 1 or 2 more questions, I knew you wouldn't get there, the guy before you couldn't speak english (no offence to him) and he asked way too many questions. I felt TERRIBLE for you up there, honestly, i wanted to start a "ONE MORE QUESTION" chant, but I knew he had to go setup for the photo op.

Now... what WERE you going to ask him??
  • WOW!!! that was you?!!?!?

We saw you up there with your hat, and you were literally jumping up and down with excitement... as SOON as he said 1 or 2 more questions, I knew you wouldn't get there, the guy before you couldn't speak english (no offence to him) and he asked way too many questions. I felt TERRIBLE for you up there, honestly, i wanted to start a "ONE MORE QUESTION" chant, but I knew he had to go setup for the photo op.

Now... what WERE you going to ask him??

yeah it was not sure how much you can see but here's my facebook; http://www.facebook.com/38cujo

actually at the point he said 1 or 2 more questions, it was just the idiot behind me already up there, the Venuzuelan fellow had just gone. No issues with him, he could barely speak english, I could only imagine how nervous he was. I was mainly mad at the idiot who hears "one more question" and asks 3 and the lack of moderations. Normally panels like that there's a person screening the questions to weed out the stupid ones (or in his case more than 2), and of course help clarify them such as for the poor english fellow.

here's how it would have gone.

I would have said "before I ask you a question I'll give you a break and answer the question everyone else had for me... I got my hat on ebay"

Now initially when I went up my question was if he could shed some light on any potential development on a second telltale game and whether he would sign on. A previous person asked that. I actually would have been really quick after that (I figured I was already up there). So instead after talking briefly about my hat I would have said "Mr. Lloyd my question for you is WHAT THE HELL IS A JIGGOWATT?"

Actually my friend in the front row (who is a journalist) was more pissed than me. He's like "this guy has an unbelievable body of work going back to the 70's and you're going to end it on some dumb questions about the cheezy piranah movies he just cameoed in when the next person is decked out in back to the future gear?
  • edited September 2012
    Doubleback should be in the game. So should Power of Love.
  • edited September 2012
    yeah it was not sure how much you can see but here's my facebook; http://www.facebook.com/38cujo

actually at the point he said 1 or 2 more questions, it was just the idiot behind me already up there, the Venuzuelan fellow had just gone. No issues with him, he could barely speak english, I could only imagine how nervous he was. I was mainly mad at the idiot who hears "one more question" and asks 3 and the lack of moderations. Normally panels like that there's a person screening the questions to weed out the stupid ones (or in his case more than 2), and of course help clarify them such as for the poor english fellow.

here's how it would have gone.

I would have said "before I ask you a question I'll give you a break and answer the question everyone else had for me... I got my hat on ebay"

Now initially when I went up my question was if he could shed some light on any potential development on a second telltale game and whether he would sign on. A previous person asked that. I actually would have been really quick after that (I figured I was already up there). So instead after talking briefly about my hat I would have said "Mr. Lloyd my question for you is WHAT THE HELL IS A JIGGOWATT?"

Actually my friend in the front row (who is a journalist) was more pissed than me. He's like "this guy has an unbelievable body of work going back to the 70's and you're going to end it on some dumb questions about the cheezy piranah movies he just cameoed in when the next person is decked out in back to the future gear?

well i do wish you got the chance to go up there, sorry it didnt work out... but, you got to take a pic with him, and thats awesome.

i looked on your facebook, and you're from kitchener... ME TOO! how hilarious is that?! born in the same year as well.... thats a small world :)
  • edited September 2012
    When will the new game be out ?

Been playing all the episodes again and its still as good as it was last year.

Maybe 2013 ?
  • edited September 2012
    balo wrote: »
    When will the new game be out ?

Been playing all the episodes again and its still as good as it was last year.

Maybe 2013 ?

Nobody knows yet, sorry.
  • edited September 2012
    Emmett L. Brown: 1920-2020
    Loving father, husband, and friend
    “The Second Greatest Doctor Of Them All”

He will die in season 2, and i’m pretty sure he will stay dead.
  • edited September 2012
    Why can't someone who has got season 2 in the future, time travel to these forums and give us the release date?
  • well i do wish you got the chance to go up there, sorry it didnt work out... but, you got to take a pic with him, and thats awesome.

i looked on your facebook, and you're from kitchener... ME TOO! how hilarious is that?! born in the same year as well.... thats a small world :)

haha we dont know each other do we?
  • edited September 2012
    This entire discussion is practically dying. Come on, Telltale! Announce something!
  • edited September 2012
    Noname215 wrote: »
    This entire discussion is practically dying. Come on, Telltale! Announce something!

You know...I wouldn't put it past them to wait until 2015 before tackling BTTF again.
  • edited October 2012
    This is just an idea. An idea, as i say, result of watching the entire films saga without interruptions this night.

I've noticed in the first 2 BTTF films that Doc eventually talks about a date or an era with Marty eventually visited by them in the next film. I.e: He talks about visiting the future in the first film, then in the second film in which he visites future, he talks about visiting the western era.

Well, every real fan could know about this, and i think maybe there are tons of users noticing the same i'm about to explain here, but as i don't feel like reading the whole forum looking for that, i'm gonna say it... whatever.

Doc talks about visiting the medieval era in the third movie. There are no films or games featuring that scenario! It could be a great place to put Marty & Doc in troubles, having there are no fast vehicles in that era reaching the 140 Km/h, no plutonium, no gasoline, and no pieces to repair a time machine, in the case it suffered some misfortune...

That's all. Also excuse my poor english :P
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Amse wrote: »
    Doc talks about visiting the medieval era in the third movie. There are no films or games featuring that scenario! It could be a great place to put Marty & Doc in troubles, having there are no fast vehicles in that era reaching the 140 Km/h, no plutonium, no gasoline, and no pieces to repair a time machine, in the case it suffered some misfortune...
    They'd have to modify the time machine to allow for spatial travel, as the films and the games only allow the DeLorean to travel to exactly the point where it left. Admittedly, scientifically, the DeLorean would already need to have spatial travel as the Earth's position would be different in different time periods due to the rotation of the Earth.

But, you could hypothesise that Doc could have invented some kind of spatial compensator (not a lot is known about what kind of inventions Doc made for the time machine other than the Flux Capacitor). He'd need to adapt that hypothetical spatial compensator to allow for travel to other places than Hill Valley, California, since the medieval period didn't exist in North America since Europeans wouldn't come to that continent until centuries later.

That said, the DeLorean could move through time and space in the animated series, so it has been done before. I would want an explanation for it though (and I'm sure Telltale's writers would too, since they gave an explanation for the presence of the DeLorean in 1931). If they did do that, I personally would be happy, as it would be one more thread connecting the animated series to the games (and thus the films), like they did with Doc always having lived part-time in 1986 at the end of OUTATIME (the animated series takes place in 1991, so it connected well). :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.