Possible BTTF Season 2 ideas/speculation/suggestion

Comments

• edited March 2012
    well they better be doing another one i want to see more of the future with hoverboards and flying cars and that nice pond on the town square
  • ufoufo
    edited March 2012
    Still no season 2 confirm. I have serious Back To the Future withdrawal!!! >>>>>RAGE<<<<
  • edited March 2012
    brauche eure hilfe ! die erste episode sollte umsonst sein finde aber den download nicht bitte hilft mir thx
  • ufo wrote: »
    Still no season 2 confirm. I have serious Back To the Future withdrawal!!! >>>>>RAGE<<<<

wasn't season 1 confirmed at e3 2010? If so expect may of this year if there is such an announcement.
  • edited March 2012
    wasn't season 1 confirmed at e3 2010? If so expect may of this year if there is such an announcement.

I don't think they offically announced it. They just hinted it. Also I think you mean 2011. I really doubt they would announce season 2 before season 1 is released.
  • edited March 2012
    Tornreaper wrote: »
    I don't think they offically announced it. They just hinted it. Also I think you mean 2011. I really doubt they would announce season 2 before season 1 is released.

He's saying that since season 1 was announced at E3 2010, then it might stand to reason that season 2 would be announced at E3.
  • Tornreaper wrote: »

No I mean 2010; e3 2010 the first game was announced, e3 2011 they did announce Michael J Fox would be returning.
  • edited April 2012
    Great game, it's like an interactive movie after the trilogy! I think Season 2 would be with same gameplay, but in a future BTTF game I would see these ideas:

- Hope the game will be translated in more languages, I mean characters' voice, not only subtitles;
    - More like an action game in GTA style, with possibility of using Marty while walking, running, jumping, using skateboard (also the flying version of 2015), punching rivals (Tannen, Needles etc) and more;
    - Make DeLorean driveable, with choice of 3rd or 1st camera, to drive from one side to another in Hill Valley (on the road and/or flying) or for the time travel by turn on time circuits and write day month and year for time destination; possibility to make a car accident and pay money somewhere to repair the car;
    - While in the past, I want to be able to follow a personal/secondary quest for each character; depending on the choices, that character will become a different person in 1986 (personality, job, friendships etc), creating each time an unique/customized/alternate 1986 and with the possibility of going back to the past and re-changing him/her;
    - Possibility to decide the year of destination (in a range from 1850 to 2050 or more would be fantastic), creating an engine that makes little differences in Hill Valley each 10 years (from 1850 to 1860, 1860 to 1870 etc);
    - If the player doesn't care about DeLorean, by closing and hiding it, thieves or malicious people can stole the car and traveling in time, changing instantly something or someone of 1986's Hill Valley;
    - Possibility of meet same characters in differents years, younger or older; I don't only mean Marty, Doc and other 2/3, I mean principal and secondary characters of Hill Valley, a lot of people;
    - Sometimes, randomly, a DeLorean can arrive from the future; from the car will come out an older Marty or someone else, giving us a new mission to repair an accident or something wrong that will happen now or soon in 1986.
  • edited April 2012
    nice one light angel i agree with most of what you say but would take ages to build a game like that :P
  • edited April 2012
    I know that, it's only a dream ;)
  • edited April 2012
    Great game, it's like an interactive movie after the trilogy! I think Season 2 would be with same gameplay, but in a future BTTF game I would see these ideas:

- Hope the game will be translated in more languages, I mean characters' voice, not only subtitles;
    - More like an action game in GTA style, with possibility of using Marty while walking, running, jumping, using skateboard (also the flying version of 2015), punching rivals (Tannen, Needles etc) and more;
    - Make DeLorean driveable, with choice of 3rd or 1st camera, to drive from one side to another in Hill Valley (on the road and/or flying) or for the time travel by turn on time circuits and write day month and year for time destination; possibility to make a car accident and pay money somewhere to repair the car;
    - While in the past, I want to be able to follow a personal/secondary quest for each character; depending on the choices, that character will become a different person in 1986 (personality, job, friendships etc), creating each time an unique/customized/alternate 1986 and with the possibility of going back to the past and re-changing him/her;
    - Possibility to decide the year of destination (in a range from 1850 to 2050 or more would be fantastic), creating an engine that makes little differences in Hill Valley each 10 years (from 1850 to 1860, 1860 to 1870 etc);
    - If the player doesn't care about DeLorean, by closing and hiding it, thieves or malicious people can stole the car and traveling in time, changing instantly something or someone of 1986's Hill Valley;
    - Possibility of meet same characters in differents years, younger or older; I don't only mean Marty, Doc and other 2/3, I mean principal and secondary characters of Hill Valley, a lot of people;
    - Sometimes, randomly, a DeLorean can arrive from the future; from the car will come out an older Marty or someone else, giving us a new mission to repair an accident or something wrong that will happen now or soon in 1986.

I like the idea the idea of an action game and glad you didn't include shooting though. But it should still have an adventure feel with puzzles, and stealth. IN the movies it was realistic. He wasn't some war hero who would beat the crap out of anyone. He was a teenager. He had to outsmart his foes. However in the game it was just to silly with the ways he beats his enemies.

I also like the side quest suggestion as well as choices. The game should have multiple endings where you shape Marty's future and make other changes.

Every other idea I either don't like or don't care for. I think the game could use a little free roam and non linear story/gameplay. But you're ideas are pushing it. Full control over driving? Causing a car accident? Losing the car if not hidden properly? It's too much you know. I don't even see GTA giving this much control to the player.
  • edited April 2012
    Came here looking for news on season 2... no such luck. :(

But since I'm here, I'm gonna share my thoughts, hopes, and dreams on Back to the Future the Game Pt. 2, hopefully Telltale can take some of these to heart...

[LIST=3]
    [*] Casting - Obviously there is no Doc without Christopher Lloyd, and AJ is phenomenal as Marty. I'd love if Michael J. Fox could come back as any alternate or older versions of Marty (or relatives), but I know he's a busy guy, so I could understand if it was only like the first season again. Claudia did great as Jennifer, and I’ve got to give props to Michael Sommers, his George impression was amazing. But Lorraine and ESPECIALLY Biff didn’t sound right at all. Now that you’ve got a successful 1st season to present to them, get Lea Thompson or Tom Wilson on board (or at least a better sound-alike... Kid Beyond just didn’t do it for me.)
    [*] Story - Telltale’s got this. They don’t make games without good stories, and they’ve proven they’re all dedicated fans of the films. But if I could make suggestions...
    • Plan out a second trilogy, so have plans for two more games. That way it’s a nice nod and you can figure out how to end it once and for all.
    • Have a portion of the game where you can drive the Delorean. Everyone is waiting for it, and we’re not expecting GTA or anything - but have a final “boss” section in an episode where we can drive the dang thing ourselves for once... some of us have been waiting 30 years for that experience. (I’ve been finding other ways to time travel for a while, hence the 30 years and not 27... but I want a Delorean!)
    • Go back to the past... or is it the future? Either way, my favorite part of BTTF2 was Marty returning to the dance. We got a little bit of that in the first season, but I would love to see Marty return to 1931, or even (gasp!) 1955. It COULD be that that point in time inherently contains some sort of cosmic significance, almost as if it were the temporal junction point for the entire space-time continuum... so that would be fun to play in. Also, we need to see SOME version of the future - it could be 2012 (or whatever) as it currently is, smartphones and all, or a cooler version like the movie with flying cars and stuff. But get us to the future!
    • Include Jennifer, Clara, and the kids more. We haven’t gotten a chance to see them lately (in the proper timeline), so bring them back in some fashion.
    • Just a random story suggestion - maybe, through some time travel shenanigans, Doc and Marty never met. How could that be fixed? Plus, then we can finally see how these iconic characters first met, which could be funny if done right.
    [*] Gameplay - Only three things I would recommend. Be aware of bugs - I’d rather wait another three months for a bug free episode than get it today and have the game freeze on me or whatever it ends up doing. Second, throw in varying puzzles, a lot in the first game were very easy and weren’t even that fun. Finally, after beating the game, I’d offer a movie mode of sorts. The storytelling and actions seemed very cinematic, and it’d be awesome if we could just hit play and watch it all happen again.
    [/LIST]
    And that concludes my essay on suggestions for BTTF:TG S2.

Keep up the great work gents! As soon as season 2 is announced, my wallet will be wide open and waiting for you.
  • edited April 2012
    I'm certain Telltale will come up with something exciting, should they go through with a sequel.

So far they have been very faithful to the original trilogy and I feel confident they won't disappoint. We were all shocked and excited with the way the series ended and I personally couldn't wait to see what would happen next.

Perhaps with all this talk of multiple dimensions, the effects of tampering with time could be the result of the multiple Marty's. An interesting concept that could make this go any way.

Either way, i'm really grateful for all the people that made this possible. Like millions out there, i always wished for a BTTF 4 and we all got it. Sort of. And if they continue it, consider me there!
  • Biff gets a hold of the time machine and sends Doc and Marty on a race through and against time.
  • edited May 2012
    Noname215 wrote: »
    Biff gets a hold of the time machine and sends Doc and Marty on a race through and against time.

So basically a game based on the ride?
  • So basically a game based on the ride?

Shit. They did do that, didn't they? I forgot about that. Still, it might be a good idea, since Disney has the stones to do ride movies.
  • edited May 2012
    So I'm currently watching the Blu-Ray set and all the behind the scenes stuff, and I'd like to see season 2 involve some stuff from original drafts of the movies that never made it into them.

Originally, the DeLoreon was going to use a nuclear bomb from a test site, to get the necessary 1.21 gigawatts to go back to the future. I can totally see that whole sequence being played out in game-form, with Doc and Marty stranded somewhere requiring it.

A little more far-fetched, but maybe they could be required to create a second time machine (or is that third, counting the train one that was absent from the first game?) from a fridge (again, borrowing from the original draft). Maybe the DeLoreon gets stolen/lost in time, so Doc needs to whip up something else...
    And now that I mention it, let's see the train engine time machine make a return in the next game!

And lastly, I'd like to see another visit to 2015. Maybe they could make some sly remarks alluding to how they perceived 2015 in 1989, to how it's turning out in reality.

Anyway, just some thoughts I've had lately...
  • edited May 2012
    Will there be a follow up to BTTF:The Game?
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2012
    Will there be a follow up to BTTF:The Game?

Telltale haven't announced any plans for a sequel.
  • levly_love wrote: »
    So I'm currently watching the Blu-Ray set and all the behind the scenes stuff, and I'd like to see season 2 involve some stuff from original drafts of the movies that never made it into them.

Originally, the DeLoreon was going to use a nuclear bomb from a test site, to get the necessary 1.21 gigawatts to go back to the future. I can totally see that whole sequence being played out in game-form, with Doc and Marty stranded somewhere requiring it.

A little more far-fetched, but maybe they could be required to create a second time machine (or is that third, counting the train one that was absent from the first game?) from a fridge (again, borrowing from the original draft). Maybe the DeLoreon gets stolen/lost in time, so Doc needs to whip up something else...
    And now that I mention it, let's see the train engine time machine make a return in the next game!

And lastly, I'd like to see another visit to 2015. Maybe they could make some sly remarks alluding to how they perceived 2015 in 1989, to how it's turning out in reality.

Anyway, just some thoughts I've had lately...

The fans clearly demonstrated they wanted the delorean as the main source of time travel with the train as a backup. Can't see the fridge working.

Definitely the one thing lacking was an elaborate time travel puzzle, the abandoned script for number two did have 2 climatic time travels; one was escapting from the police during a shootout the other was the bomb one; 1967 Doc came up with the idea using the flying delorean but calculated based on only marty's weight and didnt know 1985 doc would be in the delorean so they had to throw things out of the delorean to shed 200 pounds while in mid air.
  • edited May 2012
    Noname215 wrote: »
    Maybe they could make some sly remarks alluding to how they perceived 2015 in 1989, to how it's turning out in reality.

Exactly what I wanted!
  • edited May 2012
    Well, with E3 coming up, it's TellTale's big chance to debut a trailer for a season 2. Willing to bet it won't happen though.
  • edited May 2012
    The fans clearly demonstrated they wanted the delorean as the main source of time travel with the train as a backup. Can't see the fridge working.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I definitely want the DeLoreon to be the main character there - I just meant briefly, say, for one episode.
  • edited June 2012
    i mainly want to actually drive the deloreon lol
  • Delorean vs. Time Train vs. Hover Board vs. Skateboard vs. Truck.

I would be happy only with the first three.
  • Noname215 wrote: »
    Delorean vs. Time Train vs. Hover Board vs. Skateboard vs. Truck.

I would be happy only with the first three.

The truck is not a key part of the trilogy. We only see it 3 times and see marty drive it once (albeit in a critical scene)
  • edited June 2012
    Well I dont think we will see a Back to the future season 2 this year, seeing as they didnt announce anything at e3... shame really :(
  • yoman45135 wrote: »
    Well I dont think we will see a Back to the future season 2 this year, seeing as they didnt announce anything at e3... shame really :(

agreed. So plenty of false advertising for the final episode no future and doesn't seem it will be continued.
  • edited June 2012
    It's not like E3 is the only time games are announced. But it isn't likely right now.
  • edited June 2012
    I figure they'll only do it at E3 or PAX, soooo.....
  • They should see if Thomas F. Wilson would be willing to play as Biff this time, since all he really does nowadays is Spongebob Squarepants.
  • edited June 2012
    agreed. So plenty of false advertising for the final episode no future and doesn't seem it will be continued.
    Maybe TT are just busy atm. They have other projects in the pipeline too. I don't know whether I would want more BTTF before Sam and Max anyway.
  • edited June 2012

What are you talking about? Just because it wasn't announced at this E3 means it's never coming out? That makes no sense. It's not false advertising. It's just not ready yet. Plus it takes more than a year to make a good game is most cases.

It'll come out. Just wait.
  • edited July 2012
    Tornreaper wrote: »
    What are you talking about? Just because it wasn't announced at this E3 means it's never coming out? That makes no sense. It's not false advertising. It's just not ready yet. Plus it takes more than a year to make a good game is most cases.

It'll come out. Just wait.

He said false advertising of the last episode, besides this is annoying giving us a huge cliffhanger then making us wait over a year and still dont announce a sequel.
  • yoman45135 wrote: »
    He said false advertising of the last episode, besides this is annoying giving us a huge cliffhanger then making us wait over a year and still dont announce a sequel.

the premise for the final episode was falsely advertised (chase through hill valley's past, present, and FUTURE) and it's been over a year now with no continuation.
  • edited July 2012
    As much as I want season 2, I think TellTale's more focused on Walking Dead. :(
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited July 2012
    it's been over a year now with no continuation.
    The original Back to the Future film had a "to be continued" at the end of the film since the VHS release in 1986, and the sequel didn't come until 3 years later in 1989. The one year and one month since OUTATIME was released is quite small in comparison.
  • Jennifer wrote: »
    The original Back to the Future film had a "to be continued" at the end of the film since the VHS release in 1986, and the sequel didn't come until 3 years later in 1989. The one year and one month since OUTATIME was released is quite small in comparison.

But the point is the 'to be continued' was not added until the continuation was actually confirmed. And it was less than a year before the first was released for the second to be confirmed.
  • edited July 2012
    Something I noticed when I was installing the game on my newer computer a few moments ago is after it says which episode it is installing it says season 1, maybe this is a hint they had a season 2 in mind?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.