Possible BTTF Season 2 ideas/speculation/suggestion

Comments

• the end result of the time train ends up getting changed; prior to the game we find doc has been away from the timeline for six months (either the past of the future) likely with the timetrain. At the end of the game we find he's been back all along. So in the present timeline the time train is presumably in 1986. We will never find out where it was in the original timeline.
  • edited January 2012
    i allso think there should be a game just based on the BTTF trilogy so we can re live the trilogy in game form ? as the ones that were on the nintendo and master system ect were not that good at all , maybe good in there time when they first came out but now in this day in age there not good lol
  • edited January 2012
    the end result of the time train ends up getting changed; prior to the game we find doc has been away from the timeline for six months (either the past of the future) likely with the timetrain. At the end of the game we find he's been back all along. So in the present timeline the time train is presumably in 1986. We will never find out where it was in the original timeline.

That depends. If Doc decided to take Clara to 1985 with Marty then he wouldn't have needed to make the time train. However if he didn't make it back with Marty then the time train exists.
    i allso think there should be a game just based on the BTTF trilogy so we can re live the trilogy in game form ? as the ones that were on the nintendo and master system ect were not that good at all , maybe good in there time when they first came out but now in this day in age there not good lol

That's a terrible idea. What makes the game so special is that it continues the series. Why would we want play something we already seen in a movie? Same goes for all movie tie-ins. They need to be a separate scenario.
  • Tornreaper wrote: »
    That depends. If Doc decided to take Clara to 1985 with Marty then he wouldn't have needed to make the time train. However if he didn't make it back with Marty then the time train exists.

That's a terrible idea. What makes the game so special is that it continues the series. Why would we want play something we already seen in a movie? Same goes for all movie tie-ins. They need to be a separate scenario.

Well there's no evidence that the events of the third film change at the end. Presumably doc is still stranded in 1885 until he builds the train. If he got back with Marty, the delorean likely would have still been destroyed and thus he would have no way retreiving the temporal duplicate in 2025.

I wouldn't mind reliving the movies in game form, the problem is it wouldn't fit telltales point and click format as we'd know the answers to the puzzles.
  • edited January 2012
    The Soup Kitchen guy wasn't enough for you? :rolleyes:

I do agree with you though. Aside from the occasional car that goes by, the town was pretty much dead; although it didn't help matters that you couldn't go inside most of the stores and were limited in terms of movement within Hill Valley.

The only problem with that is budget. Even if the background characters don't talk, each model costs money. Money that could be going towards new "sets".
  • edited January 2012
    The only problem with that is budget. Even if the background characters don't talk, each model costs money. Money that could be going towards new "sets".

Absolutely right which is why I found it to be a very minor problem. If a second season is created and the same problem is present, it won't drastically affect my opinion of the game. I only mentioned it because it was noticeable.
  • edited January 2012
    does anyone have any news when and if there will be a season 2 ? i need to know when telltale is going to start working on it
  • edited January 2012
    does anyone have any news when and if there will be a season 2 ? i need to know when telltale is going to start working on it

It's in your username! ;)
  • edited January 2012

Very likely they will release info about season 2 at this years E3, but I am not sure so dont take my guess as a confirmed answer. :p
  • edited January 2012
    There should be a part in the game where he goes to a certain part of time and ends up screwing up everything he did in the movies. He still crashes into the Rolls Royce, he still ends up as a loser who gets insulted by the word chicken, George is still afraid of Biff, and Marty never went with Doc to 2015, which would result in Doc not going back to 1885 and he wouldn't have met Clara and his kids wouldn't have been born.
  • edited January 2012
    bobber56 wrote: »
    There should be a part in the game where he goes to a certain part of time and ends up screwing up everything he did in the movies. He still crashes into the Rolls Royce, he still ends up as a loser who gets insulted by the word chicken, George is still afraid of Biff, and Marty never went with Doc to 2015, which would result in Doc not going back to 1885 and he wouldn't have met Clara and his kids wouldn't have been born.

Yeah that would make a paradox...
  • edited January 2012
    yoman45135 wrote: »

Would a paradox really result in the end of the universe? That's the question.

But I would love to revisit parts of the movies. like we have to go back to November 12 1955.
  • edited January 2012
    Tornreaper wrote: »
    Would a paradox really result in the end of the universe? That's the question.

But I would love to revisit parts of the movies. like we have to go back to November 12 1955.

Yeah that would be really intresting
  • edited January 2012
    yoman45135 wrote: »

What do you mean?
  • edited January 2012
    What do you mean?

In the film if a time traveller does something and then goes back in time and changes it, either the universe will explode or a alternative timeline will be created.

simply:

You went back in time to stop inventing your time machiene, if you stopped yourself building a time machiene how would you of got to the past.

thus a paradox happens.
  • yoman45135 wrote: »
    In the film if a time traveller does something and then goes back in time and changes it, either the universe will explode or a alternative timeline will be created.

simply:

You went back in time to stop inventing your time machiene, if you stopped yourself building a time machiene how would you of got to the past.

thus a paradox happens.

I agree but there's already been 2 or 3 timelines where the time machine doesn't get invented (Biffhoric, FCB, burnt down hill valley) so I don't see why not. I wouldnt mind replaying more events from the film.
  • edited January 2012
    My new succes criteria (Stars are the things which I find important.)

- All original actors to voice the people *

- A story which is not over the top but links to the end of season 1 *

- The game to have the graphics like jurrasic park but with more polish *

- More people around hill valley (Like the amount there is in the cut scene when marty arrives in 1931)

And most important... tell us when season 2 is out before E3 I dont want to wait that long :D
  • edited January 2012
    By "All original actors", do you mean the actors from the movies, or just the cast from the first game?
  • By "All original actors", do you mean the actors from the movies, or just the cast from the first game?

the movies is a pipe dream. Lloyd and Wells are likely, Steenburger probably would if Clara were made a part of the game. Wilson is out, not sure about Lea Thompson (she seems to embrace the series though). With George, they wont get Crispin Glover and Jeffrey Weissman only had 1 line n the 'present' at the end of part III.

Wasn't the first season announced at E3 2010? I follow BTTF pretty closely and didnt hear about this game until august 2010 and of course we got our first episode in december.
  • edited January 2012
    But Michael J. Fox could barely do his role in the game. A.J. will probably do it again. I already know Lloyd will be doing it. As for Crispin Glover and Thomas F. Wilson, probably not.

O.K., I have another idea. What if Doc and Marty go to the deep future, and discover it a wasteland because of some accident that happened it the eighties, and they have to go back and stop it from happening?
  • edited January 2012
    Wilson is out

Because telltale said so? Dont get me wrong im not saying telltale are scammers but Tom Wilson responded to someone on youtube saying something along the lines of: 'I would of loved to of been in the game but telltale never asked me'

Telltale said it he didnt want anything to do with it, most likely his agent did not send the message to him.

So if they asked him face to face I think it is likely he will be in season 2.

Also I would like to see Mary Steenburgen and the time train to appear, I dont care much about Jules and Verne.

Also a few people have said this and I will repeat it again I want the graphics to be like the ones in Jurassic park because I find it to be a important aspect to make it look right, I said before I dont usually give a toss about good graphics (Nearly all my favourite games have terrible graphics) but in back to the future's case it needs to look right, the enviorment is really good (Buildings, tree's and cars.) But the characters look really weird.

If telltale make the graphics better I will be forever thankfull :p
    Because telltale said so? Dont get me wrong im not saying telltale are scammers but Tom Wilson responded to someone on youtube saying something along the lines of: 'I would of loved to of been in the game but telltale never asked me'

Telltale said it he didnt want anything to do with it, most likely his agent did not send the message to him.

So if they asked him face to face I think it is likely he will be in season 2.

Also I would like to see Mary Steenburgen and the time train to appear, I dont care much about Jules and Verne.

Also a few people have said this and I will repeat it again I want the graphics to be like the ones in Jurassic park because I find it to be a important aspect to make it look right, I said before I dont usually give a toss about good graphics (Nearly all my favourite games have terrible graphics) but in back to the future's case it needs to look right, the enviorment is really good (Buildings, tree's and cars.) But the characters look really weird.

If telltale make the graphics better I will be forever thankfull :p

Didnt wilson himself abandon BTTF around 5 years back? If he's on board, great. I do think it's time to bring in steenburger. This thing is all about doc and marty but in the trilogy her importance is on the same level as george, and lorraine and a step behind Biffs (probably ahead of Jennifer though who is only important for the first act of part II).
  • edited January 2012
    O.K., I have another idea. What if Doc and Marty go to the deep future, and discover it a wasteland because of some accident that happened it the eighties, and they have to go back and stop it from happening?

Yeah maybe it's a nuclear waste dump and they use the plutonium delorean so one of the puzzles is finding plutonium and putting it in the delorean.

Of course they are using the mr fusion version so im not sure how it would work but it would be a killer puzzle for both puzzle gamers and bttf fans.
  • edited January 2012

That's a bad idea. Time is endless. So there is unlimited number of adventures to be had. That can be used as an excuse to make more and more BTTF to the point were it is an extremely milked/overrated franchise. They can go to the far future and then even further and further.

I personally think we should stick with the time periods that we have. I am all far discovering a new time period but I don't think we should have an end of the world million year future or go to the begging of time.

I have some ideas for possible years we visit.

I don't mean any offense but your idea seems like a cash-in for a lack of a better word.
    That's a bad idea. Time is endless. So there is unlimited number of adventures to be had. That can be used as an excuse to make more and more BTTF to the point were it is an extremely milked/overrated franchise. They can go to the far future and then even further and further.

I personally think we should stick with the time periods that we have. I am all far discovering a new time period but I don't think we should have an end of the world million year future or go to the begging of time.

I have some ideas for possible years we visit.

I don't mean any offense but your idea seems like a cash-in for a lack of a better word.

To be fair though 'wasteland' is a vague word, you could use that word to describe the alternate 1931 or biffhoric 1985.

I definitely think they should stray away from 1920-1940. As it is they probably spent too much time in 1931 (3 and a half episodes). It is important to add or develop characters so they can't go crazy with the time travel and literally make it like the ride.

I'd ideally like each episode in a different timeframe. Here's how I'd do it;
    3 in the future; at the end of the episode 5, Marty says it's a problem with the great great grandkids, meaning thats 3 generations of McFly's we haven't seen. So portray say 2035 for marty's grandkids, 2060 for his great grandkids, and 2085 for his great great grandkids. I'd actually start the furthest ahead in time, see things vastly different and work backwards with the 3 futuristic episodes to put the pieces together to show us how we got there. They could even do one in each of the 3 marty's timelines.
    I'd do the other 2 in the past. One past time period which should be shown is the early 20th century, showing William younger and his tannen counterpart (Bufords son/Kids father). Also incorporate Edna's father (who would be the young boy shown with the Marshall in 1885).
    For the 2nd one, either go back to the 1860's to further develop Beauregard tannen (I don't like this idea though because assuming he's Bufords father, there is no McFly counterpart since William is the first to be born in america. Though you could argue that seamus' father moved there with him). I'd be in favour of going to 1967 and using the unused script for the second movie which takes place in 67 instead of 1955 (the year before marty is bron having him endanger his existance). They could also do a variation of this if they go to say 1912; endanger doc's birth.
  • edited January 2012
    To be fair though 'wasteland' is a vague word, you could use that word to describe the alternate 1931 or biffhoric 1985.

I definitely think they should stray away from 1920-1940. As it is they probably spent too much time in 1931 (3 and a half episodes). It is important to add or develop characters so they can't go crazy with the time travel and literally make it like the ride.

I'd ideally like each episode in a different timeframe. Here's how I'd do it;
    3 in the future; at the end of the episode 5, Marty says it's a problem with the great great grandkids, meaning thats 3 generations of McFly's we haven't seen. So portray say 2035 for marty's grandkids, 2060 for his great grandkids, and 2085 for his great great grandkids. I'd actually start the furthest ahead in time, see things vastly different and work backwards with the 3 futuristic episodes to put the pieces together to show us how we got there. They could even do one in each of the 3 marty's timelines.
    I'd do the other 2 in the past. One past time period which should be shown is the early 20th century, showing William younger and his tannen counterpart (Bufords son/Kids father). Also incorporate Edna's father (who would be the young boy shown with the Marshall in 1885).
    For the 2nd one, either go back to the 1860's to further develop Beauregard tannen (I don't like this idea though because assuming he's Bufords father, there is no McFly counterpart since William is the first to be born in america. Though you could argue that seamus' father moved there with him). I'd be in favour of going to 1967 and using the unused script for the second movie which takes place in 67 instead of 1955 (the year before marty is bron having him endanger his existance). They could also do a variation of this if they go to say 1912; endanger doc's birth.

Well we actually do know their great grand kids if we watch the cartoon. I know it's not canon but that doesn't mean you can't incorporate elements of it into the canon universe. Did you know Beauregard was originally introduced in the cartoon?

I guess your right. we have spent enough time in 1930. However I would like to see a 1940 because it would take place during the war.
    Well we actually do know their great grand kids if we watch the cartoon. I know it's not canon but that doesn't mean you can't incorporate elements of it into the canon universe. Did you know Beauregard was originally introduced in the cartoon?

I guess your right. we have spent enough time in 1930. However I would like to see a 1940 because it would take place during the war.

I guess they're close enough geographically to pearl harbour (1941) but the main thing is the characters. That time period would still have most of the 1931 characters, Kid and possibly edna would still be in jail, George would be an infant. I think they've run out of plotlines for Arthur and Sylvia, I'd rather leave them alone to assume they lived happily ever after.

They claimed it wasn't canon but the game does remain faithful to the cartoon; georges father was named Arthur, Verne was a video gamer, Beauregard tannen was in the civil war.

That episode with Marlene McFly and Ziff tannen was the only one which took place in the future. Bob gale did work on the cartoon.
  • edited January 2012
    And one other thing: someone put Power of Love, Doubleback, Back in Time and Johnny B Goode in there!
  • edited January 2012
    And one other thing: someone put Power of Love, Doubleback, Back in Time and Johnny B Goode in there!

well season 1 had Aj doing a terrible try at Johnny B goode which I wish they didnt add but whatever, they have had back in time played many times, only one is power of love and doubleback.

I would like it for them to be waiting somewhere then the time train blasts out of no where and the doors come down and there is Clara making a fantastic entrance... well it could happen :p

But that is something I really want to see, the time train it was only shown at the end of bttf 3 and the animated series (which is not canon though but then again the game is not either)

also if they do have the time train they need to make sure they use the right sounds, when it is first shown in bttf 3 it makes a louder slower version of the 3 sonic boom's, dont use the ones from the delorean or it will sound a little weird.
  • edited January 2012

Although I would love for power of love to be in it has been discussed in this thread already that licensed music costs money. Money that a small studio like telltale games can't afford.

However they said that E3 2011 that universal studios have been very supportive. This can mean they are assisting TTG with the budget. So there is some hope. ;)
    well season 1 had Aj doing a terrible try at Johnny B goode which I wish they didnt add but whatever, they have had back in time played many times, only one is power of love and doubleback.

I would like it for them to be waiting somewhere then the time train blasts out of no where and the doors come down and there is Clara making a fantastic entrance... well it could happen :p

But that is something I really want to see, the time train it was only shown at the end of bttf 3 and the animated series (which is not canon though but then again the game is not either)

also if they do have the time train they need to make sure they use the right sounds, when it is first shown in bttf 3 it makes a louder slower version of the 3 sonic boom's, dont use the ones from the delorean or it will sound a little weird.

actually it is kind of inconsistent what happens when the delorean enters a new time. Here's what happens in the trilogy each time we see it;
    1) Einsteins maiden voyage, no boom, the delorean just basically appears (similar to how marty enters 1931 in episode 1)
    2) Marty returning to 1985 from 1955 at the end. Only seen not heard, not huge bangs but you can hear it and it does mess up reds news paper
    3) Doc returning to 1985 presumably from 2015; similar bang to the previous one and does blow Jennifer and Marty's hair
    4) Doc, Marty and Jennifer entering 2015; 3 big bangs (in mid air)
    5) Doc and Marty entering 1955 from 1985; just like the previous one, again in mid air
    6) the final one with the delorean, returning to 1985 from 1885. Again 3 big booms and leaves some smoke behind. It's also worthy to note this time travel had the biggest fire trails. There's two theories as to why this is; either 1955 Doc's repairs caused bigger fire trails (there are far more sparks and streaks for both time travels since then) or the fact that the last 2 time jumps the delorean makes are the biggest time jumps we see it intentionally make (doc getting struck by lightning doesn't count); 70 years into the past and 100 years into the future. Mind you I don't buy the fact that the fire trails are relative to the time jump; Einstein going 1 minute into the future created the same fire trails as the rest of them (which are all 30 year time jumps)
  • edited January 2012
    does anyone know when telltale will be starting work on season 2 ?
  • edited January 2012

No. I don't mean to be rude but please stop asking these questions. We don't know this stuff. We need to wait and do other stuff in the meantime.
  • edited January 2012

We have already told you the most likely times
  • edited January 2012
    I feel really bad for who ever is going to read through all these posts for ideas to the next season of bttf

Good luck to that intern!
  • edited January 2012
    DBXMe2 wrote: »
    I feel really bad for who ever is going to read through all these posts for ideas to the next season of bttf

Good luck to that intern!

I don't think Telltale would make a second season so blindly though. They might glance over a few ideas, sure, but I think they'd have a basic idea of where they want to go before season two gets created.

Not to mention, about half of the posts are agreeing with an idea already said and/or talking about the idea of time travel within the movies. Less to sort through.
  • edited January 2012
    Admit it....You all want Marty to go to a realistic future just to say "It's 2015 & still no flying cars."

Just finished watching the B2tF trilogy, & remembered why I never liked the 3ed movie. I hope that if there is a 2ed season that it also does not include Clara Clayton as anything more than a mentionable. She ruined part 3 for me & a few other complainers on the net....

1)She's 30 & 40 & she instantly falls head over heals for a senior citizen?
    2)Doc is 70 or 80s. He's too old for relationships or sowing wild oats. & considering his age & lack of libido, he should statistically have been impotent at his age.
    3)When 2 best friends get married & start families, they drift apart & maybe see eachother once a year.
    4)2 things come to mind when I think of the relationship between Emmett & Clara; "contrived" & "Disney Romance."
    5)She has no personality or past. She's a pointless token love interest. Her only contribution to the plot was filler; to make the 3ed movie just long enough.
    6)Edna was a disagreeable selfish little hellspawn, but she had a backstory, a purpose, a complex personality. She was actually interesting. I prefer Doc as a bachelor, but I'd choose her over Clara anyway.
  • edited February 2012
    LikaLaruku wrote: »
    Admit it....You all want Marty to go to a realistic future just to say "It's 2015 & still no flying cars."

Just finished watching the B2tF trilogy, & remembered why I never liked the 3ed movie. I hope that if there is a 2ed season that it also does not include Clara Clayton as anything more than a mentionable. She ruined part 3 for me & a few other complainers on the net....

1)She's 30 & 40 & she instantly falls head over heals for a senior citizen?
    2)Doc is 70 or 80s. He's too old for relationships or sowing wild oats. & considering his age & lack of libido, he should statistically have been impotent at his age.
    3)When 2 best friends get married & start families, they drift apart & maybe see eachother once a year.
    4)2 things come to mind when I think of the relationship between Emmett & Clara; "contrived" & "Disney Romance."
    5)She has no personality or past. She's a pointless token love interest. Her only contribution to the plot was filler; to make the 3ed movie just long enough.
    6)Edna was a disagreeable selfish little hellspawn, but she had a backstory, a purpose, a complex personality. She was actually interesting. I prefer Doc as a bachelor, but I'd choose her over Clara anyway.

No I don't want a realistic 2015. That would only work for a reboot. I do want to see lot's of future jokes that relate to our present.
  • edited February 2012
    I'm enjoying season 1 that much I'm just hoping there will be a season 2 :-)

Thanks Telltale Games for making this great series!
  • edited February 2012
    LikaLaruku wrote: »

Technically, he was in his 70's or 80's... but in his travels to the future, he went to a rejuvenation clinic and shaved about 20 years off of his body... thus having to put on an 'aged disguise' when returning to 1985 and peeling the disguise off again in 2015, revealing his 'rejuvenation treatment' to Marty.

Same situation, age and body-wise is BttF3.

By the time the game starts... Doc is in his 90's or 100's, Jules and Verne just entering college and Doc Brown's age beginning to show once again.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.