Possible BTTF Season 2 ideas/speculation/suggestion

Comments

• edited October 2011
    yoman45135 wrote: »
    Sure they would theres over 5,000 people who bought the game and when it gets the retail release there will be a few thousands more.
    So if im any good at maths thats a nice chunk of many for them to keep as well.

But do you really think there would be a significant difference between the amount of fans that would purchase the game without a specific composer's score vs. fans that would buy the game WITH the composer?

The music is, of course, important to any game but why spend that much more money when people are going to be buying the game for the game itself anyway? When I buy a Back to the Future game, that's exactly what I'm paying for. I'm not paying for a specific music score; I'm paying for the game.

Honestly, as long as the music didn't stray too far from the original (obviously a heavy metal soundtrack wouldn't work for the game), changing the format of the music would be an unnecessary expense.
  • edited October 2011
    Sure they would theres over 5,000 people who bought the game and when it gets the retail release there will be a few thousands more.

Okay, let me put this in perspective for you. Zelda Reorchestrated, a fan group dedicated to taking classic music from the Legend of Zelda series and remixing it to sound orchestrated has been working on a project called Twilight Symphony. In order to secure a choir, JUST A CHOIR MIND YOU, they had to open up a fund raiser and raise over $20,000 to pay the choir. Just picture how much it would cost for a full symphony orchestra. No, I do not think that money would be made back.
  • edited October 2011
    ok then i was wrong then sorry about that but still alan silvestri rules and the guy who does the music at the moment isnt very good (to repetitive and not epic) they could at least get a guy who knows how to make good music.
  • edited October 2011
    Also to back up my point listen to this song:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG9n7SuVBg0

and now listen to this song after you finish the other one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtKnT-TE_5Y

If you prefer the second one you have bad taste in music (some justin bieber fan or something)
    Now dont get me wrong the second one is ok but compared to the first one its nothing.
  • edited October 2011
    Of course it's "nothing" in comparison! You're comparing a full orchestral score to something that used samples from the film score mixed with synthesized tracks.

AND YET AGAIN WE'RE OFF TOPIC!
  • I'm with Shadownight. They can use a 'cheaper' mimick for a fraction of the price. There's far better places to dump their budget into. Zelda is irrelevant because Nintendo has a FAR bigger budget and customer base than telltale does. If they had extra money they likely would have ponied up to get Tom Wilson (no offense Kid Beyond).
  • edited October 2011
    If they had extra money they likely would have ponied up to get Tom Wilson (no offense Kid Beyond).

I agree I think they should get tom wilson for a season 2 no offense to kid beyond but he sounds nothing like biff I think telltale could of at least done some auditions to find a good biff like they did with marty mcfly.
  • edited October 2011
    The main thing I would like to see is puzzles that involve time travel between different eras. I would also like to see something involving the 2015 era in BttF 2.
  • joek86 wrote: »
    The main thing I would like to see is puzzles that involve time travel between different eras. I would also like to see something involving the 2015 era in BttF 2.

Yeah I'd love it if they did an episode like that; let you go to each era in any order you like with the entire episode as a giant puzzle.
  • edited October 2011
    Well for the next installment I would like better graphics. Not that graphics matter but I didn't prefer the cartoon style.
  • edited October 2011
    Tornreaper wrote: »
    Well for the next installment I would like better graphics. Not that graphics matter but I didn't prefer the cartoon style.

I agree but in a certain way graphics do matter, damn now I said that telltale fans will slaughter me because they hate people who complain about graphics :|
  • edited October 2011
    I dislike people that complain about graphics, but not because I'm a "TellTale fan" but because I believe that the idea of "let's get these graphics as close to real life as possible" is boring. If the graphics look like real life, then where's the fantasy? Where's the fun? And most importantly, where's the CREATIVITY?! If every game gets ultra-realistic graphics, then every game will look alike.
  • edited October 2011
    I dislike people that complain about graphics, but not because I'm a "TellTale fan" but because I believe that the idea of "let's get these graphics as close to real life as possible" is boring. If the graphics look like real life, then where's the fantasy? Where's the fun? And most importantly, where's the CREATIVITY?! If every game gets ultra-realistic graphics, then every game will look alike.

people dont want crysis graphics just something better and I would maybe agree with you normally but when it comes down to: 'cartoon graphics for back to the future is the best kind'.... definitely No!!
  • edited November 2011
    the could base season 2 on the orginal 'Number Two' script.
  • edited November 2011

5000 x $20 = $100,000

Budget of BTTF1 = 19 million.
  • edited November 2011
    To my mind, the best bets for the time period/setting are-

1. The 1960's...they can borrow gags and elements from the unused 'Number Two' script and we get to see another version of George and Lorraine (I found flower girl hippy Lorraine quiet entertaining in that script). And maybe 60's Doc who is high on LSD!

2. The future...which does seem to be implied by the ending of the first season. I wouldn't mind seeing a 'revised' 2015 (or rather, 2016!) which shows a happier future for Marty (since he avoided the race with Needles). Or maybe the 2020's or later, showing us older versions of Marty Jr. and Griff. Hell maybe the far future...say around 2086...and we get to see Marty and Doc's descendants!

3. I would mind something set in the period between 1885 and 1931-say around the 1900's or 1910's, so we get to see William McFly as a young man and learn who HIS Tannen contemporary was. I would like to see the missing link in the Tannen family...Bufford's son and Kid's father (and Gertrude's husband) and how William's relationship with him went.

Actually, I wouldn't mind them spending a little more time in 1986. Once the time travel started, Marty hardly spent any time in the 'Lone Pine 1985'...he was there for all of 5 minutes at the end of BTTF1 and then the last ten minutes of BTTF3. I'd like to see more of the successful McFly family...in fact, if Arthur and Sylvia are still alive, I'd like to have Marty meet them (and I wonder if they recognise their grandson as 'Sonny Crockett' though I have my doubts about that-but it will be interesting for Marty to see that 'hot babe' once more as an aged woman!) Also, maybe we could see Clara, Jules and Verne...and how they are trying to fit into the 20th century.
  • the could base season 2 on the orginal 'Number Two' script.
    sn939 wrote: »
    To my mind, the best bets for the time period/setting are-

1. The 1960's...they can borrow gags and elements from the unused 'Number Two' script and we get to see another version of George and Lorraine (I found flower girl hippy Lorraine quiet entertaining in that script). And maybe 60's Doc who is high on LSD!

2. The future...which does seem to be implied by the ending of the first season. I wouldn't mind seeing a 'revised' 2015 (or rather, 2016!) which shows a happier future for Marty (since he avoided the race with Needles). Or maybe the 2020's or later, showing us older versions of Marty Jr. and Griff. Hell maybe the far future...say around 2086...and we get to see Marty and Doc's descendants!

3. I would mind something set in the period between 1885 and 1931-say around the 1900's or 1910's, so we get to see William McFly as a young man and learn who HIS Tannen contemporary was. I would like to see the missing link in the Tannen family...Bufford's son and Kid's father (and Gertrude's husband) and how William's relationship with him went.

Actually, I wouldn't mind them spending a little more time in 1986. Once the time travel started, Marty hardly spent any time in the 'Lone Pine 1985'...he was there for all of 5 minutes at the end of BTTF1 and then the last ten minutes of BTTF3. I'd like to see more of the successful McFly family...in fact, if Arthur and Sylvia are still alive, I'd like to have Marty meet them (and I wonder if they recognise their grandson as 'Sonny Crockett' though I have my doubts about that-but it will be interesting for Marty to see that 'hot babe' once more as an aged woman!) Also, maybe we could see Clara, Jules and Verne...and how they are trying to fit into the 20th century.

1. Definitely agree. I could see it too. Bob Gale pretty much wrote number two by himself. It had some good elements. The LSD thing is kind of tricky; it may not be appropriate content for the game although they could be subtle so children wouldn't get it but adults would. One of the drawbacks at the time of the second film was this script had Marty preventing his own conception again (which was 1967) and another elaborate sequence to get back to the future and it was too close to the first film. But given the fact that we've now had 2 more films and another season of the game, that wouldn't be a bad thing. Now one drawback is that each of the time periods we've seen at this point (the 4 in the films and 1931 and 1876) have all had different generations.

2. I'm kind of mixed on where in the future they should go. It might be neat to show this decade (which is their future). The 2040's could be a good thing to show Marty's grandchildren or even the 2080s (as his great great grandchildren are supposedly in trouble)

3. I'm hoping to see more of William. From what we see in the game, he may be the McFly most similar to Marty; he's confident, seems to be financially successful without any intervention. And yes there is the missing Tannen. It would be a neat role reversal to have a tannen who is not a villain. Beauregard was kind of an antagonist but only because his establishment was being threatened by Edna and he does believe he's doing the right thing with his saloon.

I don't know how much time we'll see in the 'present'. We see it for about a half hour at the beginning of the first film to set up the characters and the rest of the film and 5 minutes at the end of the first and third films to see the after effects of the time travels. Likewise in the game we see it for about 20 minutes to catch up on the last six months and introduce us to edna and the last 3 minutes of the final episode (no gameplay). The reality is at this point in a time travel story, the present is only interesting when it's an alternate timeline. I would hope to see Arthur and Sylvia at a later part of their lives.
  • edited November 2011
    Deep down in Louisiana close to New Orleans
    Way back up in the woods among the evergreens,
    There stood a log cabin made of earth and wood
    Where lived a country boy named Johnny B. Goode,
    Who never ever learned to read or write so well
    But he could play a guitar just like a ringin' a bell.

(Chorus)
    Go Go
    Go Johnny Go Go (x4)
    Johnny B. Goode

He used to carry his guitar in a gunny sack,
    Oh sit beneath a tree by the railroad track
    Oh the engineers would see him sittin in the shade,
    Strummin with the rhythm that the drivers made,
    Oh n' people passin' by they would stop and say
    'Oh my but that little country boy could play'

(Chorus)

His mother told him 'some day you will be a man,
    And you will be the leader of a big ol' band
    Many people comin' from miles around,
    To hear you play your music when the sun go down,
    Maybe some day your name will be in lights sayin
    'Johnny B. Goode' tonight
  • I just read the number two script again and it does in fact contain some elements of things we see in the game; When they are leaving 2015 the street starts to change (episode 5) and Marty realizes something may be wrong as they are about to hit 88 MPH in mid air (episode 2).
  • edited November 2011
    I just read the number two script again and it does in fact contain some elements of things we see in the game; When they are leaving 2015 the street starts to change (episode 5) and Marty realizes something may be wrong as they are about to hit 88 MPH in mid air (episode 2).

Yeah.

The problem with the Number Two script IMO, was that for the most part, it was essentially a rehash of the first movie-a 'Back to the Future in the 60's' kinda thing!

Sure we had the whole 2015 sequence, and there was the Almanac plot, but the latter in particular served as little more than a plot device to get Marty and Doc stranded in 1967. After that, we had the whole subplot of Marty interacting with younger versions of his parents, Marty endangering his existence and working to ensure his conception, and Marty enlisting the aid of a past version of Doc to get the Delorean back to the future. (Though of course, in this version, the two Docs have a lot more subtle interaction and there's a lot of humor there!)
  • sn939 wrote: »
    Yeah.

The problem with the Number Two script IMO, was that for the most part, it was essentially a rehash of the first movie-a 'Back to the Future in the 60's' kinda thing!

Sure we had the whole 2015 sequence, and there was the Almanac plot, but the latter in particular served as little more than a plot device to get Marty and Doc stranded in 1967. After that, we had the whole subplot of Marty interacting with younger versions of his parents, Marty endangering his existence and working to ensure his conception, and Marty enlisting the aid of a past version of Doc to get the Delorean back to the future. (Though of course, in this version, the two Docs have a lot more subtle interaction and there's a lot of humor there!)

Yeah it would be interesting to see how that script would have played out; it was definitely funnier. Bob Gale has actually indicated one of the reasons in part III that Doc doesn't remember his second visit from Marty in 1955 was him taking so much LSD in the 60's; well in that script we actually see it. The sequences with old man peabody were hilarious. It did heavily focus on a character trait that Marty is always out for a quick buck and the future was far darker than what we saw (marty really was a loser in the future).

The time travel sequences were far better though; the hover conversion being damaged by a police shootout while escapting Bifhoric 1985 and a more engaging and hilarious end sequence with a miscalculation of the weight in the Delorean (200 pounds of docs weight) when flying the Delorean over the canyon (could make for a good puzzle in a game).

Also there was less time in the Biffhoric timeline; there was no second encounter with Biff (finding out how and when he got the almanac), they already knew it was 1967, Doc called Biff to find out how he got it. Interesting though that it was Doc confused what happened to the timeline and Marty the one explaining it to him.

And of course that script ended with a somewhat less climatic ending than the first (doc saying he's going to focus on the fifth dimension) given that there was no "To be concluded" or third film at the time.

So yeah in summation I don't think we were ready for those elements number two had since they were too similar to the first film but at this point we are; The 'other self' paradox was great in part II but it was already redone in episode 2 (and 4 and 5 with doc). Episode 2 did touch on Marty preventing his birth to a lesser extent but I wouldn't mind seeing that happen again. Also getting stranded in time with an elaborate time travel sequence would be interesting and the cool thing about the number two sequence is that it would have been the only elaborate sequence with the flying deloran.
  • edited November 2011
    Yeah it would be interesting to see how that script would have played out; it was definitely funnier. Bob Gale has actually indicated one of the reasons in part III that Doc doesn't remember his second visit from Marty in 1955 was him taking so much LSD in the 60's; well in that script we actually see it. The sequences with old man peabody were hilarious. It did heavily focus on a character trait that Marty is always out for a quick buck and the future was far darker than what we saw (marty really was a loser in the future).

The time travel sequences were far better though; the hover conversion being damaged by a police shootout while escapting Bifhoric 1985 and a more engaging and hilarious end sequence with a miscalculation of the weight in the Delorean (200 pounds of docs weight) when flying the Delorean over the canyon (could make for a good puzzle in a game).

Also there was less time in the Biffhoric timeline; there was no second encounter with Biff (finding out how and when he got the almanac), they already knew it was 1967, Doc called Biff to find out how he got it. Interesting though that it was Doc confused what happened to the timeline and Marty the one explaining it to him.

And of course that script ended with a somewhat less climatic ending than the first (doc saying he's going to focus on the fifth dimension) given that there was no "To be concluded" or third film at the time.

So yeah in summation I don't think we were ready for those elements number two had since they were too similar to the first film but at this point we are; The 'other self' paradox was great in part II but it was already redone in episode 2 (and 4 and 5 with doc). Episode 2 did touch on Marty preventing his birth to a lesser extent but I wouldn't mind seeing that happen again. Also getting stranded in time with an elaborate time travel sequence would be interesting and the cool thing about the number two sequence is that it would have been the only elaborate sequence with the flying deloran.

Here are some ideas from the Number Two script that could be used in a game-

1. Marty encountering flower girl Lorraine and toddler versions of Dave and Linda; as well as Sam and Stella Baines. That would be a nice homage to the first movie.

2. Marty being considered a draft resister and ending up in jail, with Lorraine bailing him out.

3. Marty and Doc having to ensure Marty's conception could be a small puzzle in the game, with Marty having to ensure that Lorraine gets the money to celebrate her anniversary with George. However, it shouldn't really be the focus of an entire episode...but just a minor subplot at most.

4. Marty interacting with hippie 60's Doc high on LSD (it could only be implied though)...and MAYBE 60's Doc's plan to send the Delorean back to the future.

5. Maybe the whole bit about Marty having to give a speech at an anti-war rally could be a nice emotional moment in the game.

Actually I think the 1967 setting should only be used for 1-2 episodes and it should be tied in with a plot involving the future.
  • edited November 2011
    I would like to see the young Emmet involved again somehow, the dude was a hoot! It would be fun to place him and Marty in a situation like prehistoric times or whatever. But I don't see how that could be done as it would reveal to him his future in time travel.

Medieval times would be one era not explored in BTTF. With time travel the possibilities are pretty endless.
  • edited November 2011
    crmfghtr wrote: »
    I would like to see the young Emmet involved again somehow, the dude was a hoot! It would be fun to place him and Marty in a situation like prehistoric times or whatever. But I don't see how that could be done as it would reveal to him his future in time travel.

Medieval times would be one era not explored in BTTF. With time travel the possibilities are pretty endless.

Well that would make no sense because if im right there was no medieval times in america (Britian stilll owned america I think or they didnt discover them something like that)

Besides medieval is boring in my opinion I would rather see the 50's again or the wild west or the future.
  • edited November 2011
    Well that would make no sense because if im right there was no medieval times in america (Britian stilll owned america I think or they didnt discover them something like that)

Besides medieval is boring in my opinion I would rather see the 50's again or the wild west or the future.

The only way a trip to the Medieval ages would work is if they confirmed that the DeLorean could travel to specified places as well as times. This would require a little logic stretching, considering the options given by the time circuits, or an entirely new time circuit display. While it is implied that the DeLorean can travel through space as well as time, it's never really a set destination.
  • edited November 2011
    I really hope they treat this as a sequel and not more episodes of the same gameplay. The cartoon graphics have to go. I would like a little more free roam exploration and maybe some platforming not just an adventure point and click. In fact that's my major problem with BTTFTG. I hate adventure games. Good on story but weak on gameplay. There needs to be some more action involved. I would love for some uncharted like platforming while keeping some of the point and click/puzzle mechanics.

Also is it just me or does Marty not seem like Marty anymore? He seems like a kid not a teenager.
  • crmfghtr wrote: »

If they go back to the 1930's again the fans would have a crapfest. They already spend 3 and a half episodes there.

I can't remember who made the quote but when part IV was at it's height of rumours (late 90's) someone brought up Doc mixing wits with Merlin. Still I can't see them going outside 1800-2100
    -if they go to the past it's usually about cause an effect. As mentioned they'd have to leave hill valley (and if you include the game and the films the only scenes outside of hill valley are Marty's entrance into 1885 in part III and ending up on the outskirts at the beginning of episode 3.

I'm assuming the DeLorean CAN travel across space, seems awfully convenient that the automatic retreival system landed it on docs doorstep. But so far every time travel we've seen with someone driving the car, the car ends up in the same spot. Regardless though, the setting should remain Hill valley.

People were mad about the lack of time travel in the first game, they can make up for it here. Set each episode in a different time.
  • edited November 2011
    Keep in mind that time travel pretty much HAS to involve space travel to work at all. If one were to travel through time to the exact same spot in real space, to an arbitrary date and time, the rotation and position of the earth would have changed. In fact, given an expanding universe, even if one were to go to the right moment in time, say exactly one year ago taking leap seconds into account, the "real" location of the planet would be closer in to (the past) or farther out from (the future) the Big Bang origin point. And I'm not sure we even have a good coordinate system for measuring and placing the destination point -- almost everything we have ever had to calculate is relative to our own solar system.

Time travel to the same exact spot on a spinning, moving oblate spheroid in an expanding universe system means we have to somehow comprehend a relative system we can't currently even observe from any useful vantage point. Doc Brown rocks. :)
  • edited November 2011
    They need to make better graphics for a season 2 and make it less cartoony style story as well, I know thats hard for telltale because they concentrate on unrealistic cartoony games but for back to the future they should change there rules a bit or there will be a second wave of people spreading hate about how much the graphics suck (yes telltale fanboys there are people who dont enjoy cartoony graphics unlike you, not to spread any hate of course :rolleyes: )
  • edited November 2011
    If there is a sequel I doubt there will be any major change in style as then it wouldn't match or at least be close to the original game. I know that in some game series each individual game has a different style (like the Gabriel Knight series) but I don't think Telltale would do that, I feel that they're more likely just to improve the style they used on the first game like how the Sam & Max games have progressed - looking better with the upgrades to the Telltale Tool but still having the same style. This is if a sequel occurs sooner rather than later. If it happens way down the line then there may well be changes to the style.
  • edited November 2011
    If there is a sequel I doubt there will be any major change in style as then it wouldn't match or at least be close to the original game. I know that in some game series each individual game has a different style (like the Gabriel Knight series) but I don't think Telltale would do that, I feel that they're more likely just to improve the style they used on the first game like how the Sam & Max games have progressed - looking better with the upgrades to the Telltale Tool but still having the same style. This is if a sequel occurs sooner rather than later. If it happens way down the line then there may well be changes to the style.

I don't think the game is coming for a few years Why? Because the release date is obviously going to be October 21 2015 at 4:29 PM
  • edited November 2011
    They need to make better graphics for a season 2 and make it less cartoony style story as well, I know thats hard for telltale because they concentrate on unrealistic cartoony games but for back to the future they should change there rules a bit or there will be a second wave of people spreading hate about how much the graphics suck (yes telltale fanboys there are people who dont enjoy cartoony graphics unlike you, not to spread any hate of course :rolleyes: )

I actually felt that the cartoony style was perfect for bttf and the graphics was not next-gen by any means but I still liked it.
  • edited November 2011
    After seeing some footage of JP I think that's what the next BTTF game should look like with a little more polish.

On a side note JP looks like crap.
  • edited November 2011
    Branching character arcs a la Mass Effect would really be the only thing I want from any Telltale game. I'm hoping to see some of this in the upcoming Walking Dead games (I read somewhere that this was a whole thing.)

BTTF is the perfect place for this kind of mess, with the perfect way to wrap it all up being that he fixes the initial problem that caused any deaths/changes at the end of the arc, magically fixing most of the damage he'd done but storing the data on certain choices so that future dialogue trees and developments are affected.

That's what I want.
  • edited November 2011
    WARP10CK wrote: »
    I actually felt that the cartoony style was perfect for bttf and the graphics was not next-gen by any means but I still liked it.

are you joking? a cartoony style is the worst for a bttf game
  • edited November 2011
    A cartoon style game based on a live action movie?

Also the cartoon style would give people the impression that this was designed for kids. Yet the movies have cuss words, sexual references (And they didn't try to hide them) and the game follows this style closely for the most part.

What do you think a parent will say when they buy this for their kid, only to hear s**t, or Jesus Christ, or a magazine that says porn on it?

The graphics don't fit.
  • edited November 2011
    Tornreaper wrote: »
    A cartoon style game based on a live action movie?

Also the cartoon style would give people the impression that this was designed for kids. Yet the movies have cuss words, sexual references (And they didn't try to hide them) and the game follows this style closely for the most part.

What do you think a parent will say when they buy this for their kid, only to hear s**t, or Jesus Christ, or a magazine that says porn on it?

The graphics don't fit.

I couldnt agree more it's like saying that cartoon graphics fit gta better than realistic graphics
  • edited November 2011
    I think a comic book style would go nicely for special cut scenes.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.