Possible BTTF Season 2 ideas/speculation/suggestion

Comments

• edited July 2011
    I would like free roam exploration. That way you can pay attention to changes that occur when you alter time (Like in singularity).

There needs to be more than just puzzle gameplay. I know that it's a "point and click" series but I feel that there is no point in buying pure puzzle games because when you play it again you know all the answers and it gets boring.
  • edited July 2011

Dude you totally missed all the context that cause that ending to make perfect sense
  • edited July 2011
    Lying makes baby Jesus cry.
  • edited July 2011
    But sarcasm makes baby Jesus laugh
  • edited July 2011
    I Loved the story line of the game, but a few tweaks and suggestions. I guess there are a few ingredients missing from the Lore and from adventure gaming from the BTTF Season 1 that I Hope that there is in season two.

1. The feel of adventure.
    If you take anything from the old adventure games was that the puzzles were alot harder and that was what made adventure games more intriguing and enjoyable. With BTTF I know some hardcore fans out there were hoping for a lot more but putting together a Classic with an adventure game is a hard thing to meld together (I am guessing that there is only so much you can do to make the story line go in a Unidirectional format). And to make it simple and less complicated can put alot of fans off playing the game. I can see it from TTG (Tell Tale Games) point of view they tried to make it so that people wouldn't be put off by getting stuck especially if you are not an adventure game freak like I am. But personally I would have liked the game to be a little bit more complex.

2. Lore of the Game and Business Sense.
    If you are a hardcore fan I am sure you have alot to say about this bit that I am writing about (do your Worse). Simply this I thank you TTG for at least bringing back a classic with everyone in it. I have been a huge fan of the BTTF series and just to see another one come out was great. I do realise that you may not have Spielberg under your wing but the voice acting and the original actors just even for the moment felt like I was a 12 year old again watching the movie.

The story line was good, wasn't great but was still able to keep me in suspense and waiting for the next episode. But I guess splitting up the episodes instead of making it one game makes the feeling of adventure a bit constipated. It felt like TTG had to jam in alot of puzzles in order for the costomer to feel satisfied. I would rather instead of TTG pulling out 5 episodes and cramming it with easy lame puzzles gave the lore of the game a big let down. Maybe next time a 3 episoder... Like a trilogy and making each episode a bit longer during those three episodes so that you don't cram everything together, would give the game a bit more feel. I do realise from a business stand point this would be a bad idea but from a fan basis this would please more of the fans and increase the sales for the next episode. Same thing goes for the Sam and Max, Monkey Island and other adventure game series.

3. Lore Ending
    The Ending did make me say "Oh Boy". But the... well not going to spoil it for those who haven't played the game. Having the conclusing of season 1 was a bit confusing hopefully next episode would explain things like in the trilogy.

I guess writing a game is a lot harder than writing a movie where you have directors, producers and a uni-directional story line and story board but in a Multi-Directional Gaming world now of days fans really would like to walk around a whole map picking up stuff and interacting with other NPC's. More of a sandlot adventure game i guess was what is missing. But this wouldn't be appropriate for a game like BTTF just more purplexing puzzles and the ability to go to Hill Valley and Chase the Tannens into a manure truck... Just kidding...

But i guess the missing ingredient to this title was lack of gameplay. I think the fans would have loved to fly around in the DeLorean and jumped back and forward in time searching for stuff to complete the game. That would have been more fun.

Anyways I Voted Yes... With a condition as long as the game is more purplexing and alot more gameplay. Story line MUST go with it.

Wishing I could work at TTG would be fun.

Night All
  • edited July 2011
    PLEASE Make a Season 2! You left us on a cliff hanger! Don't leave us there! Please! Give us more Back to The Future!
  • edited July 2011
    ...what cliffhanger?
  • edited July 2011
    OK here's my thoughts for episodes 6 and 7. It will start off with Marty and doc flying into the year 2025.They then go to the same day that Griff vandalized the time machine.. Which might have caused the paradox involving the 3 Marty's. While Marty and Griff are fighting Edna steals the time machine and goes to the year 1967. After getting rid of Griff in a hover board scene they head home to 1986. They then see that time line is even more messed up because Edna shows off the time machine and gets rich enough for her and kid to take over hill valley. Marty and Doc then travel to 1967 and find out that she shows off the time machine to her younger self after she gets out of jail. Right when Young Edna is about to show off the time machine Doc temporarily disables the time circuits. She fails and goes to an asylum because people think she is carzy. Just as the credits roll Marty starts to fade out of existence.

Episode 7- Marty quickly looks at the picture of his family and see's that he's the only one fading out of the picture. He then finds out that George was reporting Edna's time travel discovery the same night that George and Lorianne had Marty. Marty ends up convincing George and Lorianne to have another kid. He succeeds but then him and Doc gets arrested for disarming the Edna's time machine. 1967 Doc finds out his old friend Marty is in trouble and breaks them out of jail. As they head back to 1986 Doc fades out of the delorean and Marty lands back in 1986 and sees that the delorean turned back into a regular car.

That's my thoughts for the first 2 episodes in season 2. I'll post more ideas soon
  • edited July 2011
    In a second. This game is great, it really felt like a BttF interactive movie and I didn't find the puzzles all that easy. I always felt compelled to progress the story and listen to all the dialogs, thus whenever I got stuck I used the tips to get through; sometimes getting through level 3. Wonderful game guys, thanks a lot Telltale.
  • edited July 2011
    Whatever crazy story they come up for Season 2, I will be buying that game for sure; let's just hope it happens.
  • edited July 2011
    More tits plz
  • edited July 2011
    More tits plz

Hey, watch it. Women have faces too. Fortunately, that's why veils and paper bags were invented.
  • edited July 2011
    Hey, watch it. Women have faces too. Fortunately, that's why veils and paper bags were invented.

*facepalm*

Anyways, second season, second season...honestly, I think Marty and Doc need to figure out what all has changed in 1986 so they can track the changes forward and hopefully figure out where three future Martys came from.

Also, I think the second season should have Jennifer show up more, and Clara and the boys should show up too. Oh, and the flying time train.
  • edited July 2011
    Considering how Back to the Future: The Game - Episode 5 ends, I was wondering about if they could actually a follow-up of episodes to act as a sequel to the story. What do you guys think?
  • edited July 2011
    Also, I think the second season should have Jennifer show up more, and Clara and the boys should show up too. Oh, and the flying time train.

Agreed. I would also like a little more time in 1985; something as simple as walking down the street to do an errand for Doc or exploring the McFly household.
  • edited July 2011
    To this, and all the other "what next" themed threads.

If we do get another installment of the BttF franchise in any form, I wouldn't mind if it more or less ignored this game. Moving on, doing it's own thing.
  • edited July 2011
    Agreed. I would also like a little more time in 1985; something as simple as walking down the street to do an errand for Doc or exploring the McFly household.

You mean 1986, right Martin? :P
    Tyrfing42 wrote: »
    To this, and all the other "what next" themed threads.

If we do get another installment of the BttF franchise in any form, I wouldn't mind if it more or less ignored this game. Moving on, doing it's own thing.

And why is that?
  • edited July 2011
    You mean 1986, right Martin? :P

No, I mean 1985. I want to go back one year. What, I can't take advantage of time travel every so often? ;)
  • edited July 2011
    And why is that?
    Why move on?
    To avoid overusing the same plots, jokes and references. Like this game started to do at points.

Why try to ignore this game while doing it?
    Because this game got a little silly. Worked okay in a, not taking itself to seriously, video game verse way. But hard to play off of seriously. Especially that ending.
  • edited July 2011
    I'm not worried about the end of ep. 5. The future isn't written so basiclly All 1986 marty has to do its learn why 3 future versions of himself are Upset and then NOT DO whatever event triggered all of this.

It opens a reason to go to the FUTURE from a story writing view.
    And i think it was just a fun idea for bob gale and for MJF.

Thou I do not think i would of ended it like that, Kind of "Bill and Tedish" didn't feel right.

So we can expect an all new story after the mutiple martys is cleared up ,which will be a quick fix. They can do anything they want after that.

I would like to see an HG WELLS apporach...(.if you haven't read the book: The Time Machine, written in 1895... then get on it ,If you like how Doc talks to himself and wanna hear the orginal Time travel story that started it all please read this book. its a must!)
    ....It would be great to see Doc and Marty really explore time! not just by 100 years but to 100,000,000 years. Doc himself even said that one of the reasons the invention of the time machine was to possibly answer the Infamous question "WHY?" lets run with that. Also the end of the life of the Sun. What artifacts of HillValley will remain on earth to the very end of time itself?

As for a New a bad guy: Biff is selfish and Edna is crazy.
    I wanna see someone truley Evil. Some one who gets the time machine and actually starts murdering people of the past to elimnate their offspring of the future. Stealing future Inventions and introduceing them way too early in time. things like that. Somebody really screwed up....Maybe RED the bum?

P.S. Was one of the Older Marty's Delorians Blue? or was that a glitch.?
  • edited July 2011
    OK here's my thoughts for episodes 6 and 7. It will start off with Marty and doc flying into the year 2025.They then go to the same day that Griff vandalized the time machine.. Which might have caused the paradox involving the 3 Marty's. While Marty and Griff are fighting Edna steals the time machine and goes to the year 1967. After getting rid of Griff in a hover board scene they head home to 1986. They then see that time line is even more messed up because Edna shows off the time machine and gets rich enough for her and kid to take over hill valley. Marty and Doc then travel to 1967 and find out that she shows off the time machine to her younger self after she gets out of jail. Right when Young Edna is about to show off the time machine Doc temporarily disables the time circuits. She fails and goes to an asylum because people think she is carzy. Just as the credits roll Marty starts to fade out of existence.

Episode 7- Marty quickly looks at the picture of his family and see's that he's the only one fading out of the picture. He then finds out that George was reporting Edna's time travel discovery the same night that George and Lorianne had Marty. Marty ends up convincing George and Lorianne to have another kid. He succeeds but then him and Doc gets arrested for disarming the Edna's time machine. 1967 Doc finds out his old friend Marty is in trouble and breaks them out of jail. As they head back to 1986 Doc fades out of the delorean and Marty lands back in 1986 and sees that the delorean turned back into a regular car.

That's my thoughts for the first 2 episodes in season 2. I'll post more ideas soon
    Hey Hey Moron EDNA WILL BE DEAD ALREADY!!
  • edited July 2011
    ko32190 wrote: »
    Hey Hey Moron EDNA WILL BE DEAD ALREADY!!

Let's Say she got the extra 40 years of life that surgery that doc got in 2015 or earlier! Who's knows if they could revive the dead in bttf 2015?!
  • edited August 2011
    Can we get a "Not Now" or "Not if it's like Season 1" option?
  • edited August 2011
    Can we get a "Not Now" or "Not if it's like Season 1" option?

may·be   /ˈmeɪbi/
    adverb
    1. perhaps; possibly:

As in,

It is possible that I will purchase the game if it bears no resemblance to the first season.

Maybe.
  • edited August 2011
    may·be   /ˈmeɪbi/
    adverb
    1. perhaps; possibly:

As in,

It is possible that I will purchase the game if it bears no resemblance to the first season.

Maybe.

*grumbles* Fine. *selects "Maybe"*
  • edited August 2011
    The ending was a bit stupid and was built with mistakes so if they could explain the mistakes in series 2 then bravo because telltale dumped themselves in some serious shit... Uh i mean manure...
  • edited August 2011
    Ok guys since TellTale might make a season 2 im making a forum where we post our ideas for a story in season 2 but try to link it to the ending of season 1 e.g: why martys future is messed up.

Ok my idea is kind of mixed with one of the story lines in the poll telltale asked back when season 1 was being made.

A guy has been curious about all these sightings of cars and trains dissapering and appering so decides to look futher into it and finds out the car is a delorean dmc 12 with modfications (very big ones at that.)

After year's of interviewing people who have sighted the Delorean and Time Train, (Danny parker, People in 2015, People at the Train line, Edna strickland, and seeing the newspaper which declared Otis Peabody mad because he said he had seen a ufo in his barn)

He waits for years trying to sight the Time Train and when he's finnaly succesfull he steals it and he accidently smashes the clock tower and travels throught time to 2018.

He finds a picture copyed of marty and doc standing outside the clock in 1885 and decides to find marty, when he gets to marty's house he accidently smashes throught the roof of martys house and decides it's better to try and go to a diffrent time before he causes trouble, but a bit of debris falls and kills one of martys kids.

Marty and jennifer want to have more children and keep on having... well you know, so thats how they have 12 kids.

Of course that last bit is rubbish but you can tweak that if you can be botherd.
  • edited August 2011
    yoman45135 wrote: »
    Ok guys since TellTale might make a season 2 im making a forum where we post our ideas for a story in season 2 but try to link it to the ending of season 1 e.g: why martys future is messed up.

Ok my idea is kind of mixed with one of the story lines in the poll telltale asked back when season 1 was being made.

A guy has been curious about all these sightings of cars and trains dissapering and appering so decides to look futher into it and finds out the car is a delorean dmc 12 with modfications (very big ones at that.)

After year's of interviewing people who have sighted the Delorean and Time Train, (Danny parker, People in 2015, People at the Train line, Edna strickland, and seeing the newspaper which declared Otis Peabody mad because he said he had seen a ufo in his barn)

He waits for years trying to sight the Time Train and when he's finnaly succesfull he steals it and he accidently smashes the clock tower and travels throught time to 2018.

He finds a picture copyed of marty and doc standing outside the clock in 1885 and decides to find marty, when he gets to marty's house he accidently smashes throught the roof of martys house and decides it's better to try and go to a diffrent time before he causes trouble, but a bit of debris falls and kills one of martys kids.

Marty and jennifer want to have more children and keep on having... well you know, so thats how they have 12 kids.

Of course that last bit is rubbish but you can tweak that if you can be botherd.

Actually, I've often thought that if anyone, it should be Biff who discovers the secret of time travel (again!)

I mean, let's look at what Biff knows, in the final timeline at the end of the movies-

1. He's met an old man who gives him a book that predicts the future.

2. Calvin Klien steals the book from him and escapes in what looks like a UFO. He knows now that there is definetly some connection between Calvin Klien and the book from the future. He also heard the old man's warning about a kid and a crazy scientist, so its not difficult for him to figure that the kid is Calvin and the scientist has to be Doc Brown (whom he must have heard was Calvin's 'uncle')

3. I don't care how long...Biff MUST have noticed how George and Lorraine's youngest seems to resemble the guy who ruined his chance at winning a quick fortune (in addition to causing him to crash into a manure truck TWICE) by stealing from him a book that told the FUTURE. Especially since Marty becomes friendly with Doc Brown. A kid who looks JUST like Calvin Klien and who's friendly with Calvin Klien's uncle...TOO much of a coincidence.

4. On the morning of October 26th 1985, Biff sees the Delorean rise up into the sky, fly off, and disappear. This should DEFINETLY remind him of the fact that Calvin Klien escaped in a UFO that STRONGLY RESEMBLED a Delorean, thirty years ago. Plus, he must have guessed that Marty might have been in the car, since Marty had just stepped outside to admire his truck and then disappeared.

5. I dunno what happens exactly after Doc and family leave in the time train, but if the wreck of the Delorean was found by the authorities, then Biff would likely hear about it and realise it was the same car he saw flying the previous day. He might also realise that Marty returned home suddenly dressed in a cowboy outfit the same morning the Delorean was wrecked (having been missing for a good 24 hours; since the time Biff saw the flying Delorean in fact)...this might further intensify his suspicions that Marty has something to do with the Delorean. This plus Doc Brown's sudden disappearance...

I dunno whether this is enough for Biff to suspect the whole truth...he definetly knows that Marty and Calvin Klien have some connection...that both are connected to Doc Brown and the mysterious Delorean...and with a book that told the future. There's JUST a chance he might realise that Calvin and Marty are one and the same...in that case, everything would snap into place and he'd realise that the Delorean was a time machine. Plus, the game gives us another solid reason why Biff would suspect the truth-

6. Edna Strickland is now Biff's stepmother. Now I dunno if Edna truly believed she was drunk and imagined the whole thing...but I have a feeling that regardless of whether or not she trusted her own memories, she might have told her husband (and possibly her step-son MAY have heard of this from her) about 'Sonny Crockett' (or Michael Corleone or whatever) and the latter's friendship with Emmett Brown, as well as about Carl Sagan. Biff would recognise these as contemporary names. She might have also mentioned the Delorean and how she spent a month or so back in 1876 before Carl Sagan and Sonny Crockett apprehended her and brought her back to '31. I dunno if she would have equated Sagan and Crockett with Marty and Doc...its possible she might have noticed the resemblance even 55 years later...in any case, if Biff hears about all this, especially about the Delorean, it will only heighten his suspicions EVEN further...
  • edited August 2011
    Yeah that's true but we definetley have to get the time train in season 2... the time train is so underated :(
  • edited August 2011
    This is my first post on this forum !

YES YES YES!!!

I preordered the first one and I will preorder again . I love everything about BTTF , the game and the movies.

Please Telltales I hope you will make a Season 2, all the fans of BTTF deserves it !
  • edited August 2011
    Yeah that's true but we definetley have to get the time train in season 2... the time train is so underated :(

AGREED. It's literally a steampunk time machine! And I wish there were replicas of it....you know, other than the silly McDonald's Happy Meal one.
  • edited August 2011
    The ending was a bit stupid and was built with mistakes so if they could explain the mistakes in series 2 then bravo because telltale dumped themselves in some serious shit... Uh i mean manure...

I thought it was epically hilarious, but it's definitely one of those "How could they follow up on this" moments. Now, I think Doc's line, "The future can wait, we have a present to catch up with" makes sense. It's very obvious that something that happened between 1931 and 1986 caused some interesting changes in the timeline that may or may not have resulted in the three-line split that we're seeing.

In any case, I wouldn't mind a second season as long as they can keep the entire cast, barring Michael J. Fox. Nothing against the man himself or his performances. Just respect for his health.
  • edited August 2011
    *grumbles* Fine. *selects "Maybe"*

*pats head* There's a good boy.
  • edited August 2011
    Just finished the 5th episode. The entire series was brilliant - don't mind the trolls hating on it - trolls will troll. Story and production were top notch, and the gameplay elements were fun (only falling into somewhat frustrating typical adventure game elements at points here and there). Great job on the game... it really made quite a few of my Sunday afternoons! Would buy the sequel without hesitation.
  • edited August 2011
    gunsakimbo wrote: »
    Just finished the 5th episode. The entire series was brilliant - don't mind the trolls hating on it - trolls will troll. Story and production were top notch, and the gameplay elements were fun (only falling into somewhat frustrating typical adventure game elements at points here and there). Great job on the game... it really made quite a few of my Sunday afternoons! Would buy the sequel without hesitation.
    Considering the vast majority of those who dislike the game are long-term fans of the company and their works, it seems unlikely that they qualify as "trolls", people who show up merely to stir up controversy. Generally speaking, trolls don't spend two years following and actively supporting their targets. You, the newcomer, are far more likely to fall under the "troll" label, especially since your single post exists solely to insult and marginalize an entire group of people, without ever considering that their point of view might have some weight or value, never weighing or even addressing their points.
  • edited August 2011
    I absolutely want a season 2!! I love season 1 and i restart the game in this moment... :) Please Telltale, make a season 2!
  • edited August 2011
    Considering the vast majority of those who dislike the game are long-term fans of the company and their works, it seems unlikely that they qualify as "trolls", people who show up merely to stir up controversy. Generally speaking, trolls don't spend two years following and actively supporting their targets. You, the newcomer, are far more likely to fall under the "troll" label, especially since your single post exists solely to insult and marginalize an entire group of people, without ever considering that their point of view might have some weight or value, never weighing or even addressing their points.

You're still trolling...

Big Telltale fan. Just first time posting on the forums. If you want to make a game that you love, go make it. The two years you spend complaining that someone else isn't doing things your way, you could be creating something that is your way. Guess I'm not so much arguing you on this, as I am the entire long-term critic culture in gaming.

The games were great. I liked them. Being that I work in games both in development and publishing, I know how tiring it is to read people ripping on your mates. My post is merely to say "hey guys! great job, I loved it, ignore the haters (after analyzing any constructive feedback)".

Laterz!
  • edited August 2011
    ...I don't think you have any idea what a troll is. And I'm a forum moderator here.
  • edited August 2011
    If you want to make a game that you love, go make it.

You may be a Telltale fan, but you're surely not a fan of looking up the basics of how gaming works. Protip: Making a game is not something you can do by yourself in your free time, just because you want to see that its made. The sentence is so full of logical fallacies, it's ironic that you call other people trolls. Boohoo, what a troll! Not only he does not agree with me -despite the fact that he does have valid reasons for this-, he bests me with logical reasoning when I call him a troll!
    My post is merely to say "hey guys! great job, I loved it, ignore the haters (after analyzing any constructive feedback)".!

Now don't play around to just SEEM like you're winning the argument. You did not analyze it. You did not dig through all those mess so that you can post in a forum. Heck, I wouldn't do it.

You want constructive feedbacks? Start with disregarding posts saying "Animations suck, story is a little too all over the place, it's easy and it's too linear with little to no scene spesific secrets, but still it's BTTF so I LOVE IT". There are a bunch of threads that have posts in them, listing out why this game is subpar in quality and why it's a boring mess. What happened to all of them is that "constructive feedback" (posts like "I love it because it's BTTF ^-^" or "trolls gotta troll") as you recall covered all of them like an avalanche.
  • edited August 2011
    Hey, guys. So, who's the new troll?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.