Possible BTTF Season 2 ideas/speculation/suggestion

Comments

• edited August 2011
    I think that people aren't necessarily trolling but are flaming the game because in their opinion it was poor. I think they're exaggerating on some points, but they certainly have a viable and normal opinion. There will always be people who dislike games, and others who like it. No point trying to change that.

And besides, Rather Dashing always wins arguments. He's seriously a master debater.
  • edited August 2011
    He's seriously a master debater.

*snort*
  • edited August 2011
    Why so much hate, people?

I finished BTTF:TG today and really liked it, but I fully understand those who did not.

I liked the story, it got a little cartoonish with Citizen Brown, but it quickly grew on me. The first two episodes and the last truly seemed like a Back to the Future 4 to me.:)

The characters were great, especially Edna, but they pretty much captured Marty and Doc too. My favorite new character was Trixie though and I loved her surprise ending.

The gameplay was not the best, I fully admit that. I hated one thing: I kept running into invisible walls, e.g. I could not walk on the grass next to the pavement, may I ask why?

The difficulty: I was one of those who got stuck in Monkey Island like every ten minutes. I'm just not good at classic adventure games. I beat the first two Monkey Islands and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, but with help from walkthroughs. So in a way I appreciated BTTF:TG's relative easiness. Sometimes it was way too easy, even for me, but I would pick this over a too difficult game. I guess I'm in a minority, some people really like be to challenged a lot.:)

All in all, I'd love to play a Season 2!!! TellTale should raise the difficulty level a bit though and they should not underestimate the importance of discovering the in-game world (~walking), because it helps immersion in a game. Otherwise, I was happy with Season 1.
  • edited August 2011
    I'd say maybe. Only because Telltale has shown in the past that they're capable of quality work, and while I'm upset and angry about the way Back to the Future was treated in this first outing, I'd still give a second season a try.

But if it ends up just like the first season, I'd probably come very close to swearing off Telltale entirely.
  • edited August 2011
    Well adding more ideas I think there should be different gameplay elements other than puzzles. I don't generally favor puzzle games since there will be no point in playing the game again because you know all the answers. Maybe something more than point and clicking. There could even be some stealth gameplay.

I would also like to see some other stuff that doc would invent besides a time machine.

And like I mentioned before an open world environment. I would like to explore all of hill valley and it would be cool if you could go into ever single building (or almost every building) That way you could check out what changes and you change time. Maybe you can also go beyond hill valley.

While on that subject another idea would be to have 5 different time lines (1886,1931,1986,2016, and some other timeline). With each episode you will unlock a new timeline. You might need to go back and forth between certain timelines (Maybe you need to get an item from the past to solve a certain puzzle in the future). with every episode there will be more traveling though time since you have more times to visit.

That would also be great for side missions or achievements. In short I want the next season to be a more non linear game and have lots of content.
  • edited August 2011
    Tornreaper wrote: »
    I don't generally favor puzzle games since there will be no point in playing the game again because you know all the answers.
    In that case, there is no point in playing THIS game a FIRST time.
  • edited August 2011
    MasCot wrote: »
    The difficulty: I was one of those who got stuck in Monkey Island like every ten minutes. I'm just not good at classic adventure games. I beat the first two Monkey Islands and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, but with help from walkthroughs. So in a way I appreciated BTTF:TG's relative easiness. Sometimes it was way too easy, even for me, but I would pick this over a too difficult game. I guess I'm in a minority, some people really like be to challenged a lot.:)

To me it just boils down like this; people who do not complain about this game's absence of any form of difficulty are obviously have NOT been seeking for a GAME in the first place; they played it just because it was about Back to the Future. A game is, in context, a series of challenges and obstacles expected to be overcome by user input. "This game is great even though it does not have any kind of enjoyable gameplay aspects" is just hypocritical. But it's still NOT invalid, I mean, you may still like the final product because it offers many cutscenes, dialouges, a storyline... To many people out there the game is not a game but the fourth movie of the franchise they had been starving of for years.

And this is where I have to play the bad guy and sometimes even bear through irrelevant personal insults and even threats as a response. The game does not only fails as a game; it's also boring and choppily executed in every other category (minus the voice acting). Dialouges tend to reference the old movies too much instead of bringing something new onto the table. Animations are completely horrible -which is downright INEXCUSABLE, Telltale has shown quality animation in their games since the debut of their first signature games: Bone and Sam and Max Save the World. Story is uninspired and even the parts which are expected to raise the most intrigue are simply uninteresting, it's FULL of shameless deus ex machinas, plotholes and one liner getaway explanations that make a little-to-none sense.

The game passionately tries to deliver what a BttF fan wants to see, kudos to that, but it relies on the most MEMORABLE parts of the movies which are already burned onto the very genes of every BttF fan, instead of uncovering and answering new questions that all fans think of after finishing with the trilogy. What happened to Clara? What happened to the time train? Where are the kids, and what about their personalities? What else changed with Marty's life? He's just the same? Oh and when there is a chance of answering new questions they're just there to fill in the plotholes and nothing else. "Sure uh... DeLorean just... duplicated itself!" or "Oh err I had these scientific stuff that will come perfectly handy in this perilous situation we're in, which are only usable for multiple DeLoreans, which is stupid because I never made more than one DeLorean at a time". When the game DOES offer something new it's either to create the godridden plot (Edna Strickland) or for padding (Judge Brown -was great to see how he looks like but he was only there just to make the scene go longer-). And the plot is ridicilous. If the Marty in the movies was in Citizen Brown storyline and able to go back to 1931 to fix the mess, he would probably PUNCH Edna in the face instead of just implying she's evil whereas she'd expectedly reply "I don't know what you're talking about". Story offers zero shock value and intrigue. Except for that ridicilous part where the ledge of the courthouse starts to crumble for plot (in)conveniency and nothing else.

TL;DR, my point is, even if you're a great BttF fan and EVEN IF you don't care if it's good as a GAME, I still can't deduce why so many people including you think it holds up as a great experience. It's just not a game, and it's just not a movie.

I know this pisses people off that I always leave a messy shitpile of walltext whenever I start talking about this game but... Seriously, me or the people agrees with me are pretty much UNABLE to voice out their opinion against the horde of the new forum users, who are mostly without much information about how Telltale was like in the past, without getting reported or insulted to be idiots/morons/jerks/trolls/gays/fats/jews/baby eaters. No offense to gay, fat, jewish or idiot people.
  • edited August 2011
    For me it's not hate, it's sadness and utter disappointment that Telltale failed so miserably.
  • edited August 2011
    So who's the character I am referring to? Tiffany Tannen! While Marty's doing some important time-fixing stuff in the 1980, he finally meets Biff's daughter Tiff, who is about the same age as Marty. Because of the family rivalry between the McFlys and Tannens, she becomes an antagonist and starts following Marty around and do typical dumb Tannen things.

But wait, how about making things more complicated? After the two of them suddenly have to work together in a dangerous situation against their will and gets to know each other, the two of them starts having romantic feelings for the other. This results in Marty struggling to either stay loyal to Jennifer, his wife in the current future timeline, or start going out with Tiffany, erasing the timeline and start a new version of the future.

He goes with the latter, and when he and Doc makes a trip to the new future, it turns out his new life with Tiff Tannen sucks. So like season 1 with Doc and Edna, they have to get Marty forget about Tiff and hook him up with Jennifer again. But Marty, who still loves both girls, starts screwing things up, and the results ends with the current Marty have to stop two Martys from deleting each other, one who married Jennifer in the old timeline, and one who married Tiffany in the new timeline.

... Wow. Can't believe I just spent quite some time writing down my speculations and wishful thinking. Anyway, I would like to see your own ideas about new characters and plots. It's interesting to read. :)

SPOILERS!

EDIT: Hey! I just noticed something! In the ending of the first season, Tiff and some part of my imagined plot is actually mentioned! When the second version of the future Marty shows up, the first version says;
    "Don't listen to him Doc! It's me you've got to help- If you want to save Jennifer and our twelve kids!"
    2nd: "What? That timeline was overwritten five jumps back! Jennifer's is at (someplace I can't make out). The woman of my life is Tiff!"
    1st: "Tiff Tannen?! But she's in prison!"
    2nd: "Not in my world."

Can't wait for season 2! :D
  • edited August 2011
    I still think we can all get along. I'm still friends with some peeps I know, and I loved Final Fantasy XIII while they thought it was a rancid pile of [CENSORED FOR BEING WORSE THAN AVGN RANTS]. Heck, there are some people that enjoyed Sonic Unleashed while I regret not renting it first to make sure it was enjoyable all the way. The point is, there's no reason we should let other peoples' judgements cloud our own feelings about a game. Cause really people, that's all it is. It's a video game. It's not meant to be taken too seriously because it's a form of entertainment. Were you entertained? If yes, then continue playing. If not, find a game that does entertain you and play that instead. :)
  • according to the BTTF facebook page http://www.facebook.com/bttfthegame

there may be an episode 6?
  • edited August 2011
    butthead wrote: »
    EDIT: Hey! I just noticed something! In the ending of the first season, Tiff and some part of my imagined plot is actually mentioned! When the second version of the future Marty shows up, the first version says;
    "Don't listen to him Doc! It's me you've got to help- If you want to save Jennifer and our twelve kids!"
    2nd: "What? That timeline was overwritten five jumps back! Jennifer's is at (someplace I can't make out). The woman of my life is Tiff!"

Wow, I went back and checked that, thought you were hearing things, but no, that's what they said alright. Wow.
  • edited August 2011
    Wow, I went back and checked that, thought you were hearing things, but no, that's what they said alright. Wow.

Yeah, I know. I never listened to their conversation before, but after writing my idea, I went back to the end to check if there was something I missed, and then I heard it. It surprised me a lot.

Can you make out what has happend to Jennifer in the Tiff timeline?
  • edited August 2011
    according to the BTTF facebook page http://www.facebook.com/bttfthegame

FAN-MADE Facebook page. I could make a fan Facebook page for anything too, it wouldn't make anything I said any more credible. Sixth episode "Rumors" come up at the end of EVERY SINGLE five-episode Telltale Season, possibly based off the six-episode Sam and Max Season One(which was always announced as and planned out as having six episodes). These "Episode Six" rumors are always based on very faulty logic, wishful thinking, and a complete lack of knowledge when it comes to how these things work. The "chances" of an "Episode Six" happening are less than a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a 100th of a percent.
  • edited August 2011
    Yeah, I know. I never listened to their conversation before, but after writing my idea, I went back to the end to check if there was something I missed, and then I heard it. It surprised me a lot.

Can you make out what has happend to Jennifer in the Tiff timeline?

She got fed up with Marty being a butthead, went to Hollywood, changed her name to Claudia Wells and became an actress. ;)
  • edited August 2011
    So who's the character I am referring to? Tiffany Tannen! While Marty's doing some important time-fixing stuff in the 1980, he finally meets Biff's daughter Tiff, who is about the same age as Marty. Because of the family rivalry between the McFlys and Tannens, she becomes an antagonist and starts following Marty around and do typical dumb Tannen things.

But wait, how about making things more complicated? After the two of them suddenly have to work together in a dangerous situation against their will and gets to know each other, the two of them starts having romantic feelings for the other. This results in Marty struggling to either stay loyal to Jennifer, his wife in the current future timeline, or start going out with Tiffany, erasing the timeline and start a new version of the future.

He goes with the latter, and when he and Doc makes a trip to the new future, it turns out his new life with Tiff Tannen sucks. So like season 1 with Doc and Edna, they have to get Marty forget about Tiff and hook him up with Jennifer again. But Marty, who still loves both girls, starts screwing things up, and the results ends with the current Marty have to stop two Martys from deleting each other, one who married Jennifer in the old timeline, and one who married Tiffany in the new timeline.

... Wow. Can't believe I just spent quite some time writing down my speculations and wishful thinking. Anyway, I would like to see your own ideas about new characters and plots. It's interesting to read. :)

SPOILERS!

That is ACTUALLY a neat idea!

That said I had another idea along the lines of the villain of the next season being...

Marty himself!

Not our Marty of course...but another Marty...and not one of the Marty's we see at the end of Ep 5.

No, the Marty I had in mind was a grown up future version of Hell Valley Marty.

This is the vague scenario I had in mind...

In the Hell Valley timeline, before it erased, Doc, who was in the asylum being tortured by Biff's men, made arrangements somehow for Marty (Hell Valley Marty) to receive a certain package...

Sometime in the future, maybe around 2015, much after Biff's death at Lorraine's hands, Marty receives the package. In that package is a letter Doc wrote LONG before his death (from torture most likely). This Marty has likely not met Doc before and so has no idea what's going on...

In the letter Doc tells Marty about how he met another version of Marty back in '55 and how he has figured that the world they're living in has been caused by a deviation in the timeline. He tells Marty all about time travel and how Marty can use it to fix the time stream and rewrite his life back to what it should have been. Doc encloses blueprints for the Delorean time machine in his package.

Marty manages to get the Delorean developed (after all, he has inherited BiffCo) and then gets the hang of time travelling, jumping to another time period. At some point during his time travelling, he sees the timeline change back to the 'normal' timeline...yet somehow HE hasn't been erased (can't think of a reason why, except that he's immune to the ripple effect somehow because he's outside his own time). He learns all about the happier life of his 'other self' ('our' Marty)...and years of abuse at Biff's hands and the destruction of his family have already unhinged Hell Valley Marty...he feels envious of 'our' Marty who he feels has 'stolen' the life he should have had, and now has a plan to ruin 'our' Marty's past, present and future...

A bit too far-fetched perhaps, but it MIGHT work...
  • edited August 2011
    sn939 wrote: »

And a plot about a time machine constructed out of a DMC-12 DeLorean sports car isn't far-fetched? ;) That's the great thing about movies/video games involving time travel. Nothing is too far fetched if you think about it.
  • edited August 2011
    I have some more ideas. What is they went back in time and somehow managed to help Hitler win world war II or maybe in 1962 they caused the Cuban Missile Crisis to occur resulting in world war III. If Hitler won world war II then my guess he would eventually try to take over the US.

I was also wondering if some sort of co-op mode could be made.
  • edited August 2011
    sn939 wrote: »
    That is ACTUALLY a neat idea!

That said I had another idea along the lines of the villain of the next season being...

Marty himself!

Not our Marty of course...but another Marty...and not one of the Marty's we see at the end of Ep 5.

No, the Marty I had in mind was a grown up future version of Hell Valley Marty.

This is the vague scenario I had in mind...

In the Hell Valley timeline, before it erased, Doc, who was in the asylum being tortured by Biff's men, made arrangements somehow for Marty (Hell Valley Marty) to receive a certain package...

Sometime in the future, maybe around 2015, much after Biff's death at Lorraine's hands, Marty receives the package. In that package is a letter Doc wrote LONG before his death (from torture most likely). This Marty has likely not met Doc before and so has no idea what's going on...

In the letter Doc tells Marty about how he met another version of Marty back in '55 and how he has figured that the world they're living in has been caused by a deviation in the timeline. He tells Marty all about time travel and how Marty can use it to fix the time stream and rewrite his life back to what it should have been. Doc encloses blueprints for the Delorean time machine in his package.

Marty manages to get the Delorean developed (after all, he has inherited BiffCo) and then gets the hang of time travelling, jumping to another time period. At some point during his time travelling, he sees the timeline change back to the 'normal' timeline...yet somehow HE hasn't been erased (can't think of a reason why, except that he's immune to the ripple effect somehow because he's outside his own time). He learns all about the happier life of his 'other self' ('our' Marty)...and years of abuse at Biff's hands and the destruction of his family have already unhinged Hell Valley Marty...he feels envious of 'our' Marty who he feels has 'stolen' the life he should have had, and now has a plan to ruin 'our' Marty's past, present and future...

Maybe doc made a device that makes you immune to being erased.

However for my idea was similar but a bit different. Something happens to Marty making him become evil in the future. I figured that the event that changes him happens on his graduation day seeing as that day is only a few months away.

But I haven't found a reason why Marty would go back to 86 to fight him self.

I actually think I can put some of our ideas together.

When he graduates, something he does causes Jenifer to dump him. He then decides to date Tiff Tannen. That results in him becoming a jerk as he is falling in with the wrong crowd.

As time goes on his anger grows and he becomes evil. So evil that he is a menace to everyone in Hill Valley and ruins their lives and stuff.

What do you think?
  • edited August 2011

1297953326spit-take.jpg
  • edited August 2011
    according to the BTTF facebook page http://www.facebook.com/bttfthegame

Yeah, I know. I saw that too. Sad thing is that people are actually buying it.. :o
    But as Rather Dashing said, it's just a fanmade page, nothing official. Not gonna happen.
  • edited August 2011
    it's a video game. It's not meant to be taken too seriously because it's a form of entertainment. Were you entertained? If yes, then continue playing. If not, find a game that does entertain you and play that instead. :)

this
  • edited August 2011
    1297953326spit-take.jpg

He's not lyin, future Marty 2 does claim to be with Tiff Tannen.
  • edited August 2011
    He's not lyin, future Marty 2 does claim to be with Tiff Tannen.

I went back and pulled up my own copy since I was skeptical but you're both quite right. It's very easy to miss since it doesn't even show up with subtitles.

I am very curious to see what Tiff looks like. She must be quite a fox if she beat out Jennifer... Or she looks like Thomas F. Wilson in drag.

Looks like a hit or miss, folks.
  • edited August 2011
    Falanca wrote: »
    No offense to gay, fat, jewish or idiot people.
    None taken, love!
  • edited August 2011
    I went back and pulled up my own copy since I was skeptical but you're both quite right. It's very easy to miss since it doesn't even show up with subtitles.

I am very curious to see what Tiff looks like. She must be quite a fox if she beat out Jennifer... Or she looks like Thomas F. Wilson in drag.

Looks like a hit or miss, folks.

AGH! The mental images!!!
  • edited August 2011
    AGH! The mental images!!!

brain_bleach.jpg?w=162&h=198
  • edited August 2011
    I've been wondering...Bob Gale did mention in some interviews that in serving as a consultant on the game, he had suggested some of the ideas for the game which he had once toyed around while planning the BTTF sequels, such as the Prohibition era and young Doc...so I've been thinking, would it be possible to adapt elements of the 'Number Two' script and its 1960's setting into a game sequel.

I quiet liked the 'Number Two' script and Marty's trip to 1967, though it wasn't a patch on the REAL BTTF2...the idea of Lorraine as a hippie flower girl was interesting, and Marty's reactions to the hippie culture were simply hilarious!

Of course, the 1960's setting in itself wouldn't work for the entire plot...and I don't think the idea of Marty endangering his existence AGAIN is particularly desirable...a 60's Doc high on LSD though might be interesting! Maybe they could tie it in with something about the future. And MAYBE Biff can be a villain again.
  • sn939 wrote: »
    I've been wondering...Bob Gale did mention in some interviews that in serving as a consultant on the game, he had suggested some of the ideas for the game which he had once toyed around while planning the BTTF sequels, such as the Prohibition era and young Doc...so I've been thinking, would it be possible to adapt elements of the 'Number Two' script and its 1960's setting into a game sequel.

I quiet liked the 'Number Two' script and Marty's trip to 1967, though it wasn't a patch on the REAL BTTF2...the idea of Lorraine as a hippie flower girl was interesting, and Marty's reactions to the hippie culture were simply hilarious!

Of course, the 1960's setting in itself wouldn't work for the entire plot...and I don't think the idea of Marty endangering his existence AGAIN is particularly desirable...a 60's Doc high on LSD though might be interesting! Maybe they could tie it in with something about the future. And MAYBE Biff can be a villain again.

You may be onto something. this is taken from the IMDB
    Several elaborate sequences were deleted through various revisions of the script, including: -During the 2015 hoverboard chase, Marty grabs on to a flying car that actually pulls him into the sky to a very high altitude. When Marty loses his grip, he is rescued by Doc in a flying van. -Marty and Doc, after learning when Biff received the almanac, have to escape in the DeLorean during a police shootout. When the car's flying circuits are damaged by gunfire, Doc plunges the time machine straight toward the ground in order to reach 88mph. -While Marty and Doc try to recover the almanac, the fusion generator (and in later revisions, the time circuits) is damaged by Farmer Peabody - a character Marty encountered in the first film - who still thinks the DeLorean is a space ship. -With Mr. Fusion and the flight circuits heavily damaged, Marty and Doc fly the DeLorean into an array of power lines over the Grand Canyon to generate enough power to return to 1985.

I can't tell if the latter was supposed to take place in the past or the future (this was likely the script when it was only one sequel planned instead of two). One aspect that the game didnt recreate from the films is the prospect of being stuck in time. Seems part II (which is of course the only one of the trilogy in which Marty does not get time suck) also had the prospect of being stranded in time at one point. It would be an interesting premise to be stuck in the future. Part of the mystique of the future is that unlike the past, you have no clue what is to come. Both of the plans to get back to the present from 1955 and 1885 involved known future events (the lightning bolt at the clock tower and the bridge being finished).

Also something to keep in mind was that during the first film, George and Lorraine were just as integral to the plot as Biff and Doc. Bob Gale likely wrote the first draft of the sequel with the similar premise with respect to the character assuming Crispin Glover would be returning. It wasn't until he left when George was significantly downplayed (and Lorraine too has less of a role in the 2nd film than the first).
  • edited August 2011
    You may be onto something. this is taken from the IMDB

I can't tell if the latter was supposed to take place in the past or the future (this was likely the script when it was only one sequel planned instead of two). One aspect that the game didnt recreate from the films is the prospect of being stuck in time. Seems part II (which is of course the only one of the trilogy in which Marty does not get time suck) also had the prospect of being stranded in time at one point. It would be an interesting premise to be stuck in the future. Part of the mystique of the future is that unlike the past, you have no clue what is to come. Both of the plans to get back to the present from 1955 and 1885 involved known future events (the lightning bolt at the clock tower and the bridge being finished).

Also something to keep in mind was that during the first film, George and Lorraine were just as integral to the plot as Biff and Doc. Bob Gale likely wrote the first draft of the sequel with the similar premise with respect to the character assuming Crispin Glover would be returning. It wasn't until he left when George was significantly downplayed (and Lorraine too has less of a role in the 2nd film than the first).

Well, I've read the 'Number Two' script and the Grand Canyon sequence was to return to 1985 from 1967. Also George's part in that script was pretty minimal...Lorraine had the major focus.

As far as being stranded in time goes...well, Edna does end up getting stranded in the past in Ep 5. Also, Marty is NEARLY stranded in an alternate 1986 (technically, his time, but still...) with the Delorean being a wreck.

I think a dangerous aspect about being stranded in the future is that if you stay in the future for too long, its likely the ripple effect will erase your future self and/or any descendants of yours when the probability of your returning to your own time reduces. And given the seeming paradoxes related to future travel and seeing your future self which have already arisen in BTTF2, I doubt the writers want to complicate things further.
  • edited August 2011
    Yes, I would definitely play a season 2 of BTTF. I've played through almost everything Telltale has put out (except Hector -- only started -- and the poker and CSI games) and, just like the others, I enjoyed this one quite a bit. (It was also the first adventure game I was able to get my wife to sit down and really play through with me since the first Gabriel Knight.) I feel like it respects the BTTF franchise -- I had actually never seen the movies before playing the games, though I knew the general plot of the first one, and having watched the first two films afterwards, I didn't find them jarring or at all out of synch with the games. (Yes, I know I am looking at this backwards. Thought it might be an interesting perspective for this discussion.)

Was the game on the easy side? Sure. Are human characters and emotions harder to animate than more cartoonish subjects? Arguably. Is it tougher to tell a compelling story across five episodes than to do single episodes with a few unifying story elements? Clearly (although I thought Sam & Max season 3 made more progress than BTTF does.) Were there some audio mix/volume issues on Doc Brown's lines? Definitely.

But I play a lot of old-school adventure games, and after a series of failed attempts to START REACTOR and FUEL REACTOR, until finally realizing that I needed to tell a robot encountered near the beginning of the game to FOLLOW ME every ten turns or so, so I could ask it to PULL CRYSTAL at the end of a long and air-supply-constrained maze, and then try unsuccessfully to PUT CRYSTAL, PUT DILITHIUM, DROP CRYSTAL, INSERT CRYSTAL, INSTALL CRYSTAL, INSTALL DILITHIUM, and PUT DILITHIUM IN REACTOR before finally cracking the parser with POWER REACTOR - With what? - CRYSTAL...

Well, it's pleasant to sit down in the living room with a game that feels more like watching a TV program. I'm engaged interactively, so I can have the illusion of accomplishment and I don't feel like I'm wasting my time just watching TV. But I don't have to cover pages of graph paper with boxes and arrows or keep restoring and backtracking because of unforeseeable deaths and ridiculous complications. We can sit on the couch with a snack and a wireless mouse and enjoy the experience for what it is.

I have decades' worth of adventure games to choose from now. Challenge is available in spades when I want it; difficulty is not everything, and I can appreciate what BTTF does well while acknowledging room for improvement.

It's certainly a lot better than the Buckaroo Banzai game, or the NES BTTF game. Just sayin'. :)
  • edited August 2011
    'Did I enjoy the 1st season of Back to the Future: The Game?' - Yes, I did. Very much so.

'Would I buy a 2nd season of Back to the Future: The Game?' - Absolutely.
  • ufoufo
    edited August 2011
    I am willing to pay for season 1,2,3,4,5,6.... Continuing a movie theme is a great thing and playing is more fun than just watching. I think of this game and the new batman series which i also can't wait for. What both have in common is original story and nice characters and you can't say that about many games or movies nowadays.
  • edited August 2011
    ufo wrote: »
    I am willing to pay for season 1,2,3,4,5,6.... Continuing a movie theme is a great thing and playing is more fun than just watching. I think of this game and the new batman series which i also can't wait for. What both have in common is original story and nice characters and you can't say that about many games or movies nowadays.

continuing a movie series as a game is great. Milking it with over 6 sequels on the other hand...
  • edited August 2011
    Tornreaper wrote: »
    continuing a movie series as a game is great. Milking it with over 6 sequels on the other hand...

I hope you dont count episodes 2-5 as sequals considering the game was episodic(so technicaly speaking, half life 2 isnt fully out yet since episode 3 has been on endless delay). Seasons 2-5 though may be milking it though since Sam and Max is the only telltale game to even get a second season(let alone a third).
  • edited August 2011
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    I hope you dont count episodes 2-5 as sequals considering the game was episodic(so technicaly speaking, half life 2 isnt fully out yet since episode 3 has been on endless delay). Seasons 2-5 though may be milking it though since Sam and Max is the only telltale game to even get a second season(let alone a third).

Though Jurassic Park is pretty well confirmed for at least a second season from what I've read.

As for BTTF...I think maybe a 2nd season, but not past that.
  • edited August 2011
    Gman5852 wrote: »

I was referring sequels as the seasons, not the episodes. The guy I replied to wanted over 6 seasons.
  • edited August 2011
    I would buy a season 2, definitely. Sorry to all you complaining on this thread when you didn't finish the game. I'm not saying that you have to finish a game to know if its bad or not, but the thread clearly says "If you have completed" If you haven't then air your frustrations elsewhere. Also, I've noticed a few who claim to hate this game to no end, but yet can't seem to stop talking about it, or going through forums for it. If I truly hated a game, I would never even visit the forum in the first place. Just because YOU didn't like it doesn't mean that there's not plenty of people who did, and they're not stupid for liking it. I'm certain that not everyone likes everything YOU like either. (Sorry, but someone had to say it)

Also, for those who complain about the ending, they obviously didn't pay much attention to the game. Doc says that they need to catch up to the proper present, so they leave. It's as simple as that. For anyone who hate the reprise of "Do we become assholes?" hasn't followed the series very well either, which has a habit of reprising lines. The whole multiple Marty's thing was a great nod to die hard BTTF fans, because any discussion of the movies ends up as an argument of multiple Marty's.
  • edited August 2011
    I answered yes. I thought the story was pretty solid, though it had a couple of a bit too silly bits puzzle wise. Over all a solid experience, I'd say and I wouldn't mind playing more.
  • edited August 2011
    As far as puzzles...no Einstein in Season 2 please. :P
Sign in to comment in this discussion.