Possible BTTF Season 2 ideas/speculation/suggestion

Comments

• edited November 2011
    I just hope that they keep Marty as the main character. If it turns out to be something like the Animated Series, where the main characters were Doc's kids, I won't even waste my money on it.
  • edited November 2011
    bobber56 wrote: »
    I just hope that they keep Marty as the main character. If it turns out to be something like the Animated Series, where the main characters were Doc's kids, I won't even waste my money on it.

HA! Marty not being the main character! That's a good one!

However I wouldn't mind multiple characters such as playing as the future Martys. Season 1 was all about exploring Doc's character and past. Now it's Marty's turn so I say we will be seeing is past and future. This could go for some serious character development and that's why I think the sequel will be way better than the first.
  • edited November 2011
    OK here's my thoughts for episodes 6 and 7. It will start off with Marty and doc flying into the year 2025.They then go to the same day that Griff vandalized the time machine.. Which might have caused the paradox involving the 3 Marty's. While Marty and Griff are fighting Edna steals the time machine and goes to the year 1967. After getting rid of Griff in a hover board scene they head home to 1986. They then see that time line is even more messed up because Edna shows off the time machine and gets rich enough for her and kid to take over hill valley. Marty and Doc then travel to 1967 and find out that she shows off the time machine to her younger self after she gets out of jail. Right when Young Edna is about to show off the time machine Doc temporarily disables the time circuits. She fails and goes to an asylum because people think she is carzy. Just as the credits roll Marty starts to fade out of existence.

Episode 7- Marty quickly looks at the picture of his family and see's that he's the only one fading out of the picture. He then finds out that George was reporting Edna's time travel discovery the same night that George and Lorianne had Marty. Marty ends up convincing George and Lorianne to have another kid. He succeeds but then him and Doc gets arrested for disarming the Edna's time machine. 1967 Doc finds out his old friend Marty is in trouble and breaks them out of jail. As they head back to 1986 Doc fades out of the delorean and Marty lands back in 1986 and sees that the delorean turned back into a regular car.

That's my thoughts for the first 2 episodes in season 2. I'll post more ideas soon

I think thats a fantastic story 1. It's like the films and the second reason is that story would have way more action scenes which makes the game more epic which is something you need to make a succesfull back to the future product, I thought there was way too much time walking around in 1931 in season 1 which ruined it for me so this looks like time travel, time travel and more time travel.
  • edited November 2011
    I would love for Uncharted type gameplay. The movies are adventure movies. While this is an adventure game, they do not share the same qualities unless it is an action adventure. The insane platforming and stealth of Uncharted 3 mixed with some of the puzzle elements of this game would be a perfect fit.
  • edited December 2011
    Tornreaper wrote: »
    I would love for Uncharted type gameplay. The movies are adventure movies. While this is an adventure game, they do not share the same qualities unless it is an action adventure. The insane platforming and stealth of Uncharted 3 mixed with some of the puzzle elements of this game would be a perfect fit.

Yes but not with all the guns and falling throught roofs or that would be over the top but yes uncharted style would be perfect
  • edited December 2011
    yoman45135 wrote: »
    Yes but not with all the guns and falling throught roofs or that would be over the top but yes uncharted style would be perfect

Yeah gun play would not suit BTTF. But I disagree with there not being over the top platforming. I was thinking that they could ripoff the train scene for Uncharted 2 with the time train lol.

Anyways , do you think it's possible that the other Martys are from different timelines?
  • edited December 2011
    As much as I loved this season, there is one thing that would have made it better.
  • Tornreaper wrote: »

Anyways , do you think it's possible that the other Martys are from different timelines?

They have to be, they even say they are
  • edited December 2011
    They have to be, they even say they are

What about timelines that we have already seen? It seems (IMO) that a time traveler doesn't catch up with the timestream unless they either die or change them from time traveling in the first place. That's why Doc turned into FCB. That's why Marty doesn't recognize the timeline changes because although it's part of his timeline he never experienced it. If Doc still traveled though time then he would be with Marty and have no idea that he runs Hill Valley.

So it makes sense. If some changes result in Marty traveling through time then the change will not affect them.

My guess is the second Marty is part of our final timeline and the forth is maybe part of the "Hell Valley" timeline. I'm not so sure about the blue one though.
    What about timelines that we have already seen? It seems (IMO) that a time traveler doesn't catch up with the timestream unless they either die or change them from time traveling in the first place. That's why Doc turned into FCB. That's why Marty doesn't recognize the timeline changes because although it's part of his timeline he never experienced it. If Doc still traveled though time then he would be with Marty and have no idea that he runs Hill Valley.

So it makes sense. If some changes result in Marty traveling through time then the change will not affect them.

My guess is the second Marty is part of our final timeline and the forth is maybe part of the "Hell Valley" timeline. I'm not so sure about the blue one though.

Doc changes into FCB because Doc has spent over two decades away from his timeline. He's not the same age as FCB n 1986.

Isn't the blue Delorean Marty the one who marries Tiff Tannen? Kind of weird for him to end up with his step sister.

Think of it this way;
    -Lone Pines 2015 Biff goes back to 1955. We see him in 1955 during what is now the biffhoric timeline (where it's implied he doesnt live until 2015). In the eastwood timeline he could get another time machine and go back to 1955 again and we have the same scenario.

The reason those 3 marty's show up at that specific time is that it's the earlier they can show up without preventing the critical 1931 trips. All 3 of them were likely that 1986 Marty at some point in their timelines. The timelines skewed at some point
  • edited December 2011
    Doc changes into FCB because Doc has spent over two decades away from his timeline. He's not the same age as FCB n 1986.

Isn't the blue Delorean Marty the one who marries Tiff Tannen? Kind of weird for him to end up with his step sister.

Think of it this way;
    -Lone Pines 2015 Biff goes back to 1955. We see him in 1955 during what is now the biffhoric timeline (where it's implied he doesnt live until 2015). In the eastwood timeline he could get another time machine and go back to 1955 again and we have the same scenario.

The reason those 3 marty's show up at that specific time is that it's the earlier they can show up without preventing the critical 1931 trips. All 3 of them were likely that 1986 Marty at some point in their timelines. The timelines skewed at some point

Interesting theory. But I disagree with it. I still believe you only catch up with the timestream if you erase your time travel existence (Died or otherwise).
    Interesting theory. But I disagree with it. I still believe you only catch up with the timestream if you erase your time travel existence (Died or otherwise).

Well is it not logical that could have happened with Doc; He spends at least 10 years away from his timeline prior to returning around the end of part III and likely 10 more prior to the game (Jules is around college age) plus any of his travels alone with the delorean at the end of part I (we can only assume whether he went other places aside from 2015). If he's 18 in 1931 that means he should naturally be around 73 in 1986 but old doc has been alive for over 90 years so not hard to assume FCB doesn't live that long. You could also argue that because of how critical FCB is to that timeline, old doc had to be erased to make way for FCB (perhaps the same thing happens with Biff in 2015, that biff disappears but another rich one is there).
  • edited December 2011
    Well is it not logical that could have happened with Doc; He spends at least 10 years away from his timeline prior to returning around the end of part III and likely 10 more prior to the game (Jules is around college age) plus any of his travels alone with the delorean at the end of part I (we can only assume whether he went other places aside from 2015). If he's 18 in 1931 that means he should naturally be around 73 in 1986 but old doc has been alive for over 90 years so not hard to assume FCB doesn't live that long. You could also argue that because of how critical FCB is to that timeline, old doc had to be erased to make way for FCB (perhaps the same thing happens with Biff in 2015, that biff disappears but another rich one is there).

It shouldn't matter how big of a change it is. George beating up Biff and having a better life would have had a significant impact on Martys life. The least that could happen is his memory of these events would catch up with the timeline. Also I am pretty sure Biff faded because he got killed in the new timeline.

If his age did change then he would probably not fade out but be surprised that he looks younger.

Marty was expected to be somewhere in FCB timeline so why wouldn't he disappear into that Marty?
  • edited December 2011
    are you joking? a cartoony style is the worst for a bttf game

So you want Crysis graphics for BTTF? Good bleedin' luck with that kiddo. It's cartoony or nothing, take your pick.

tlq123 wrote: »
    As much as I loved this season, there is one thing that would have made it better.

...That would be??
  • edited December 2011
    So you want Crysis graphics for BTTF? Good bleedin' luck with that kiddo. It's cartoony or nothing, take your pick.

...That would be??

We're not saying the graphics have to be ultra realistic. But the cartoon design has to go. Like I said earlier, they should use a graphic style similar to JP only with a bit more polished. There's a difference between graphic quality and graphic design. I'm not complaing that BTTF has out dated graphics but more like the design of it was off.

Look at Zelda SS. They did their best with SD wii graphics by making the art style beautiful although textures are low res.
    It shouldn't matter how big of a change it is. George beating up Biff and having a better life would have had a significant impact on Martys life. The least that could happen is his memory of these events would catch up with the timeline. Also I am pretty sure Biff faded because he got killed in the new timeline.

If his age did change then he would probably not fade out but be surprised that he looks younger.

Marty was expected to be somewhere in FCB timeline so why wouldn't he disappear into that Marty?

Except Doc got rejuvenated hence why he looks young for his age. It's the same deal as Biff, Doc doesn't live to his current age in the new timeline and thus fades.
    We're not saying the graphics have to be ultra realistic. But the cartoon design has to go. Like I said earlier, they should use a graphic style similar to JP only with a bit more polished. There's a difference between graphic quality and graphic design. I'm not complaing that BTTF has out dated graphics but more like the design of it was off.

Look at Zelda SS. They did their best with SD wii graphics by making the art style beautiful although textures are low res.

JP is about as good as it would get.
  • edited December 2011
    One thing that I would have loved as a feature in the BTTF game is the possibility to wonder off and do your own thing. I know its an adventure game with missions, but I found it pretty limiting on how much of Hill Valley you can actually visit.

With this game series, you guys can finally give BTTF that fourth writing, a continuation that you can lead fans in, but also give them the freedom to explore back into the original movies.

Have BTTF 1,2,3 re-visited with the game.

1. Get Marty to go back and get the Sports Almanac.
    2. Let Marty JR from the future get arrested and then Doc and Marty try and prevent Marleen from getting arrested for breaking out her brother.
    3. Lets live those years that Doc is back in the old west building his Train Time Machine.

Make it a prequel pack or something where we fill in the blanks of all the cool things from the original movies. That would be Awesome.
  • edited December 2011

The game wouldn't feel the same then, it's gonna be Cartoony. Unless the game is remade, it's gonna be Cartoon like. Maybe the quality could be upgraded, to Jurassic Parks standard, but other then that then that's what the game will look like.

Were making a new season, not a remake or a new game. So Zelda is out of the question.
  • edited December 2011
    The game wouldn't feel the same then, it's gonna be Cartoony. Unless the game is remade, it's gonna be Cartoon like. Maybe the quality could be upgraded, to Jurassic Parks standard, but other then that then that's what the game will look like.

Were making a new season, not a remake or a new game. So Zelda is out of the question.

Yeah well I think I speak for most people when I say season two should feel like BTTF and not just more episodes. They need to treat season two like a sequel and not more of the same gameplay. Otherwise they can not really improve much.

It's a BTTF fan service game. Would you rather have the art style feel like the movie that the game is representing or a cartoony style that doesn't not resemble the movie or even the content of the game just because it's another season?

Plus it's a horrible graphics choice. As I said it's a game with mature content. People will get the impression this is for kids. I wouldn't mind if there were a few hidden sexual references but they're not hidden and it has a fair bit of swearing. I'm no art designer, but I can tell you that that's an awful choice.
  • edited December 2011
    My favourite back to the future is number 2, i loved the idea of what the future would be like, hence i was disappointed that there was no travelling into the future in the first games series. I did however love the idea of the story, i would welcome any more adventures from the doc and marty

BUT PLEASE HAVE SOME ADVENTURES SET IN THE FUTURE!!!!!!

I have loved back to the future since the day i first saw it as a young boy, and i will love it until the day i die!!!! BEST MOVIES EVER (Slightly eclipsing The Matrixes)
  • edited January 2012
    Main things I want:

1. A story that makes sense and fits in with season 1 but I dont want it to be silly and over the top.

2. Great voice actors also I hope telltale get Tom Wilson to voice Biff Tannen

3. Longer episodes with more puzzles like the one in outatime where you have to connect the satellite dishes to the delorean.

4. Better graphics which are slightly better than the Jurrasic park graphics and I will be happy.
  • edited January 2012
    Main things I want:
    2. Great voice actors also I hope telltale get Tom Wilson to voice Biff Tannen

That is the #1 essencial thing for this game to really come together with the current elements the game already has.

Biff's voice is synonymous with who that character is.
  • edited January 2012
    I want the game to have more of a movie feel like Heavy rain but still have some fun factor in it. I also want a small open world type game so we can explore hill Valley.
  • edited January 2012
    Just played the entire series in two days. I really want a second season. Loved the story(telling). Setting, characters, character development, dialogue, everything was great about that, just like the movies. Loved the gameplay, though I admit it was maybe too easy at times, though for me great difficulty is not a requirement for this type of game. Graphics were generally good, same as most other Telltale Games, fit for the job, except in most of the episodes (2 through 5, I think) I encountered graphical glitches at some points in the games that were annoying/made it difficult to continue without restarting the game or changing the graphical settings first. What I'd say is: Telltale, keep up the good work, and keep the games coming. Also, while I'm at it, I suggest a new Hector season, if possible, and maybe more Puzzle Agent/Strong Bad... And possible more Tales of Monkey Island, Wallace & Gromit and Bone series, but can't say for sure since I haven't played through those yet. In general, keep giving us more amazing point-and-click adventure/puzzle games.
    I also want a small open world type game so we can explore hill Valley.

That's not going to happen with Telltale's games for sure, since they're point-and-click adventure games... But I would love for there to be an open-world BTTF game, maybe an MMO... But unlike Star Trek and Star Wars and other big franchises on which MMORPGs are being based, BTTF doesn't have nearly as much material/content/story to it, since there were only 3 original movies. As you said, it'd have to be a small game, which would make it unfit for multiplayer in MMO style...
  • edited January 2012
    Just played the entire series in two days. I really want a second season. Loved the story(telling). Setting, characters, character development, dialogue, everything was great about that, just like the movies. Loved the gameplay, though I admit it was maybe too easy at times, though for me great difficulty is not a requirement for this type of game. Graphics were generally good, same as most other Telltale Games, fit for the job, except in most of the episodes (2 through 5, I think) I encountered graphical glitches at some points in the games that were annoying/made it difficult to continue without restarting the game or changing the graphical settings first. What I'd say is: Telltale, keep up the good work, and keep the games coming. Also, while I'm at it, I suggest a new Hector season, if possible, and maybe more Puzzle Agent/Strong Bad... And possible more Tales of Monkey Island, Wallace & Gromit and Bone series, but can't say for sure since I haven't played through those yet. In general, keep giving us more amazing point-and-click adventure/puzzle games.

That's not going to happen with Telltale's games for sure, since they're point-and-click adventure games... But I would love for there to be an open-world BTTF game, maybe an MMO... But unlike Star Trek and Star Wars and other big franchises on which MMORPGs are being based, BTTF doesn't have nearly as much material/content/story to it, since there were only 3 original movies. As you said, it'd have to be a small game, which would make it unfit for multiplayer in MMO style...

lol When did I ask for a MMO? You can have open world in singleplayer you know. Plus I think open world actually suits adventure games a lot. Adventure games don't focus on action elements such as shooting or hack and slash titles so a good substitute would be exploration.
  • edited January 2012
    , just like the movies.

Yeah im not so sure, yeah it was fun at times and had a good story but certain bits of it just didnt feel like bttf.
  • edited January 2012
    Yeah im not so sure, yeah it was fun at times and had a good story but certain bits of it just didnt feel like bttf.

Well, everyone experiences things differently.
    lol When did I ask for a MMO? You can have open world in singleplayer you know. Plus I think open world actually suits adventure games a lot. Adventure games don't focus on action elements such as shooting or hack and slash titles so a good substitute would be exploration.

I didn't say you were talking about MMOs, I thought that *might* be a good idea. Single-player open world could work if done in a certain way. But I don't think Telltale will make a game like that, they haven't done so far and their formula has been successful enough.
  • edited January 2012

True but I still think certain things didnt feel very 'Back to the future' :rolleyes:
  • edited January 2012
    Well, of course it's impossible to make it completely like a/the movie(s)...
  • edited January 2012

I didn't say you were talking about MMOs, I thought that *might* be a good idea. Single-player open world could work if done in a certain way. But I don't think Telltale will make a game like that, they haven't done so far and their formula has been successful enough.

I don't see what's so successful about a non liner game that has choices that only change dialog and some give you options but the dialog is the same and a game with only puzzles for gameplay.
  • edited January 2012
    It is not the most important thing but I think they should add some cizitens walking around because Hill Valley felt like a ghost town most of the time.

Also some more delorean chase scenes and stuff.
  • edited January 2012
    It is not the most important thing but I think they should add some cizitens walking around because Hill Valley felt like a ghost town most of the time.

The Soup Kitchen guy wasn't enough for you? :rolleyes:

I do agree with you though. Aside from the occasional car that goes by, the town was pretty much dead; although it didn't help matters that you couldn't go inside most of the stores and were limited in terms of movement within Hill Valley.
  • The Soup Kitchen guy wasn't enough for you? :rolleyes:

I do agree with you though. Aside from the occasional car that goes by, the town was pretty much dead; although it didn't help matters that you couldn't go inside most of the stores and were limited in terms of movement within Hill Valley.

Food for thought though, that confuses things more (which some think is good, others do not like). Adding more areas and objects which are not required to advance would make it harder.
  • edited January 2012
    There is something in the game that I don't understand.

When he returns to 1985 and it has become a police state, then that means that Doc would have never built the time machine, yet the machine is still there and is able to be fixed by Doc #2. Shouldn't it have disappeared?
  • edited January 2012
    There is something in the game that I don't understand.

When he returns to 1985 and it has become a police state, then that means that Doc would have never built the time machine, yet the machine is still there and is able to be fixed by Doc #2. Shouldn't it have disappeared?

It's true it is a game error but most people say the reason the time machiene is there is because it is a duplicate so the original time machiene if it was still around would of disappeared but the duplicate doesnt for some random reason. :confused: :confused:

(Also it is not 1985 it is 1986)
  • edited January 2012
    Having now completed BTTF I think it's good that more BTTF is on the way. I think the (visual) hint system was pretty crap. The audio hint's were good without being too obvious. I'm not sure the new BTTF stuff should be more complex, I think Telltale got it about right. The visual hint thing must be overhauled. Oh yeah, there were a few bugs in the Expo - I floated between floors in the home of glass (and got stuck, having to quit and start again) and the diver / Doc still tells Marty off even though he had run off in an earlier scene. The graphics are good even on my low-spec laptop.
  • edited January 2012
    Maybe the quality could be upgraded, to Jurassic Parks standard, but other then that then that's what the game will look like.

Im happy with that as long as it is a bit more polished
    with the current graphics everyone either has big heads or are hunchbacked
    Jurassic Park graphics would work a lot better.
  • edited January 2012
    i don't care what the story is... just make another season so i can spend 4 straight days beating it all
  • edited January 2012

(Also it is not 1985 it is 1986)

Good point. But it's still confusing.

I also would like to have a chance in season 2 to drive the Delorean, and I would like to see what happened to the time travel train.
  • edited January 2012
    Good point. But it's still confusing.

I also would like to have a chance in season 2 to drive the Delorean, and I would like to see what happened to the time travel train.

Yes I agree I would like the time train to make a appearance
Sign in to comment in this discussion.