Possible BTTF Season 2 ideas/speculation/suggestion

Comments

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited January 2013
    yeah encouraging but it's been a year and a half since the last episode was released and literally no news other than that.
    That's been Telltale's way since the February 2011 press announcement of five new games. That big announcement turned out to be a mistake since they planned to have them all out by the end of 2012, but the postponed release of Jurassic Park moved the completion date of Fables up to 2013.

They've now become very tight lipped about future projects, even already announced ones. Fables was announced in February 2011, and then nothing was said about it except for a tweet saying they're making it around the time of the NY Comic Con last year and then a mention that they're now focusing on Fables in the last episode of Playing Dead.
  • edited January 2013
    yeah encouraging but it's been a year and a half since the last episode was released and literally no news other than that.

Actually, I meant it to be the exact opposite of that. Nothing against Christopher Lloyd, but most actors don't reveal these things unless and until they're actually contracted to make the appearance. And everything I've heard about his "slip-up" suggests that he was saying that he was certain that Telltale would make another game. Not that they are.

I want another season of Back to the Future. I really do. But with Fables and King's Quest and Walking Dead Season 2 in the pipeline, I don't expect it to happen any time soon.
  • edited February 2013
    well its possable that develepment of the game could start by the end of this year or early next year judging on how long it is going to take them to finish there other games.
    edited February 2013
    multicolt wrote: »
    well its possable that develepment of the game could start by the end of this year or early next year judging on how long it is going to take them to finish there other games.
    It definitely is possible. They have 2 to 3 games in the pipeline now, and they typically release 2 or 3 games a year.

However, Telltale is increasing their staff in the spring, so it's possible they'll be able to do more than 2 or 3 games a year after the influx of new staff.
  • also with the first game, it was officially announced in June and the first episode was released 6 months later. With the influx of staff, not hard at all.
  • edited February 2013
    I only know of one source that proves this may be real, the end of the BTTF game where it says To Be Continued after random Martys show up does anyone else have any proof as to if it is real???? :confused:
  • edited February 2013
    I'm sure if they did someone would have posted something.
  • edited March 2013
    So any news on a "Season 2" BTTF game, or is it on indefinite hold???

Would love to see more games, as I enjoyed the first "season". Could use a bit more developed puzzles, but I enjoyed the overall story.
  • edited March 2013
    On a side note I would like to see what happened to that fox photo booth, whether they replaced it or anything? :p :D
  • edited April 2013
    Has there even been an indication from TTG that there IS going to be another game?
  • edited April 2013
    Has there even been an indication from TTG that there IS going to be another game?

Well apart from the ''To be continued'' at the end of Outatime, no nothing yet. :(
  • edited April 2013
    Damn, that sucks. Maybe we'll have to wait another couple of years, like we did in between BttF 1 and 2.

Hey I have another question about the game on DVD. Can the special features/audio commentaries be watched on a DVD player, or does it have to be on the computer? Main reason I bought the DVD was for the special features, and I would hate if I had to sit in front of my PC to watch them.
  • edited April 2013
    Damn, that sucks. Maybe we'll have to wait another couple of years, like we did in between BttF 1 and 2.

Hey I have another question about the game on DVD. Can the special features/audio commentaries be watched on a DVD player, or does it have to be on the computer? Main reason I bought the DVD was for the special features, and I would hate if I had to sit in front of my PC to watch them.

You can watch it on a DVD player but, there's no real menu. You need to go into the disc files or something.
  • edited May 2013
    I really hope they make a second and third season of this incredible series. Please more Back to the Future soon Telltale
  • so I wonder with E3 about to start, are we basically at a point where it's now or never?

it's 3 years since the first game was announced (my god has it been that long?)
  • edited June 2013
    their never gonna make season 2 *sigh* i enjoyed the first game and was looking forward to a second season but looks like it aint gonna happen
  • edited June 2013
    #WhereIsMartyMcFly
  • edited June 2013
    If i'm honest I would prefer if they wait a while so Telltale can grow and get a bigger budget so they can get more of the original cast voicing characters and get rid of that terrible guy who voiced biff.
  • edited June 2013
    I hope they make a season 2, they can't leave us on a cliffhanger like that
  • edited July 2013
    Hallo, when will be 2nd season of Back to The Future: The Game?

After releasing 5th episode you promised that there will be 2nd season in the future. I understand that The Walking Dead is important right now, it gives you money and popularity :p But please don't forget about continuation (in my opinion) your best game, BTTF: The Game. I think 2015 - the 30th Anniversary of the series is good moment for 2nd Season, don't you think? :)

P.S. Please, put Clara and kids in 2nd Season :D
  • edited July 2013
    So Telltale, could you answer me? I send you mails, privs on FB and posted post here and there is silence... Could you reply?
  • edited July 2013
    G'Day from Down Under. (Australia)
    Hope you will not mind this.
    I may be one of the much older big kids, in the world. Who likes to play computer games. In my case as boring it might seem, on PC.
    (Console, sorry all, my pinkys aren't not that flexible or speedy in handling one, hope you won't hold that against me, to much.)
    But, all the same, it's fun.
    I hope, should Telltale make another series for BTTF game. Then let's tell them, to make sure all Bugs, etc. Are fixed before sellng the game.
    I am tired of games that have been coming out, in the last 5 years or so, not running smoothly, for us the buyer, of any game.
    eg: Silent Hunter 5, (And the DRM it had on the game), you name it.

Just want to enjoy a game, Not having to Register etc, or go online, unless you want to. (That's all fine, if you can afford it. Bills etc.)
    Anyway, have they considered changing the local and world enviroment, the look of the charaters, vehicles, how you use or access things on the sceen walk, talk etc, in the game.
    Like say, Fallout 3 or Mass Effect, Dead Space, etc.
    The DeLorean looking, like the real car, as per this kind of video upgrade, for example.
    And isn't it time, we saw Jennifer, etc, this time around, huh!
    Well hope that wasn't all to bad from this old young person, that I am.

Until next time, mate.

Catch ya.
  • edited August 2013
    The game never got the same love I felt after PC. The game really should've come out on XBOX like their other games. I never really understood their move on that one and didn't really like the reasoning as then none of their games should've come out on XBOX then given the statements that were made.

I know Back to the Future fans that never have time to go online and didn't even know the game existed. I liked the episodic versions that came out, but you gotta admit PC gaming is not where the money is these days, you gotta do like the other games that are making them money which is put it on consoles. If Back to the Future was on XBOX they would've made way more money. The type of people that play the Wii these days weren't even alive or could fathom back to the future, as far as the general populace that owns the system which are casual gamers.

Not releasing this on 360 was by far and above the worst mistake they made with this game.

This game totally deserves a sequel more than any of their other games. Especially with the over-flooded zombie thing that seems to have resurfaced lately, can we say its officially gone from vampires to zombies? Anyways another fad, even tho its a great game its being released on xbox 360 when Back to the Future wasn't.

I bought the entire set for PC for Back to the Future and I plan on playing through it again as my machine got quite a bit better.
  • edited August 2013
    daren1988 wrote: »
    I really hope they make a second and third season of this incredible series. Please more Back to the Future soon Telltale
    Definitely agree with you on that!
  • edited August 2013
    Cez24 wrote: »
    Hallo, when will be 2nd season of Back to The Future: The Game?

After releasing 5th episode you promised that there will be 2nd season in the future. I understand that The Walking Dead is important right now, it gives you money and popularity :p But please don't forget about continuation (in my opinion) your best game, BTTF: The Game. I think 2015 - the 30th Anniversary of the series is good moment for 2nd Season, don't you think? :)

P.S. Please, put Clara and kids in 2nd Season :D
    BTTF is definitely telltale's best game (IMO)
  • edited August 2013
    Maybe when you're done TWDG season 2 are you guys going to consider making a second season to Back to the Future? I loved season 1 and I'd be looking forward to a season 2 especially with the ending that season 1 had.
  • edited August 2013
    I am surprised TellTale Games hasn't given a thought to making a Back to the Future Season 2! I mean, YOU GUYS GET MONEY FROM US, but don't care about the request for a Back to the Future Season 2! You guys just focus on AMC's The Walking Dead Season 2, but DON'T EVEN CONSIDER our requests for a Back to the Future Season 2! GIVE US A SIGHN THAT IT WILL BE MADE! PLEASE! VOTE ON THE POLL IF YOU WANT THE GAME TO COME OUT!:mad:
  • edited August 2013
    Would you buy "Back to the Future: The Game Season 2" if it came out? VOTE NOW!:confused:
  • edited August 2013
    Really in this case I don't care about the game-play so much. I enjoyed the story. So for season 2 I would say forget about the caught scenes.. They will be annoying. Nothing for frustraighting than "dying" 5-20 times and redoing the same thing over and over to get back to a point just to get a caught screen again. I just played through Ducktails remastered.. they got rid of lives and when you died they they reset you to the place you died so much faster and enveloping. The game-play will be linear it has to be with this type of game. Unless you made it a choose your own adventure. which is alright but I would rather have something that was 'cannon'. It is kind of tough to talk about a game or something like you remember when Marty did this and the other guy going no.. and having no shared experience. bummer.. to sum up really I think they just need a good story to explain the ending of season 1 and bring back the voices of Doc Brown (Christopher Lloyd) and somewhere have Michael J. Fox in again. It is so great to hear them reprise the roles. I would refrain from having a cliffhanger ending unless they knew they were making a 3rd season. This really feels like the ending of the oridginal BttF movie as I really started to wonder if they were going to make a 2nd or 3rd movie after a time. Okay Done thinking.
    edited August 2013
    GIVE US A SIGN THAT IT WILL BE MADE! PLEASE!
    Telltale made the mistake of announcing a bunch of games in 2011 and then got a lot of flack for it when they were postponed, or in the case of King's Quest, had their license revoked by the intellectual property owner. So now Telltale understandably doesn't announce projects until they are almost ready to be released.

They did say that they have a bunch of unannounced projects in the works, and Christopher Lloyd said at the 2012 FanExpo that he will be providing voice overs for more Telltale episodes of Back to the Future. So, it's likely that Back to the Future: The Game Season Two is one of those unannounced projects.
  • edited August 2013
    That is nice, I liked this game quite a bit, I mean I love Walking Dead with all my heart but they do need to give BTTF another go after such a good first season and after learning so much from Walking Dead and soon Wolf Among Us.
  • cant wait too see what all they have in store for season 2.

• edited October 2013

Thread: Episode 2?

When? i want more of Back to the Future!

• If you want to check out a playthrough of BTTF season 1 as a refresher, come check out my playthrough of it on my new Let's Play Channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/Papaneeks

• Season 2
    Sorry...
    When?? wiil there be? please yes!

• edited December 2013

Good question!!!

Season 1 debuted 3 years ago!!
    (just about anyway ! December 22nd, 2010 I believe)
    So it`s almost time for my anniversary playthrough :)

But it seems Talltale have forgotten us BTTF fans and instead have gone
    all grim'n'gritty these days (Walking Dead , Wolf etc)
    I suppose dark , simple, challenge-free 'adventure' games sell more copies :p

But I`m with you - bring back Chris Lloyd and Michael J! Bring back the FUN!
    Bring Back Back to the Future, Telltale - c'mon!!!
    :)

talbar153 posted: »

Season 2 Sorry... When?? wiil there be? please yes!

• I concur, where is season 2?

• As much as I absolutely LOVED the game, I gotta admit there probably won't be a part 2, mainly cause Telltale is moving on to other franchises and I feel the game is more than enough and they wrapped it up very nicely. Of course, the ending does leave room for a sequel (especially for the "To be continued" text, but that could have been just a nod to the movies) which, yeah, I'd love to see.

One thing's for sure though: IF Telltale is ever gonna make a sequel, it won't be soon, seeing all the other games under development, and there's probably another huge bunch waiting in line.

• edited December 2013

Thread: Any chance of a second season?

I know, it probably won't happen, but I'm still interested in seeing a second season of Back to the Future, especially if Telltale does the whole "this game becomes tailored to your choices" thing.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.