Possible BTTF Season 2 ideas/speculation/suggestion

Comments

• I also think that a "tailored choice" Back to the Future would be interesting. The first season used a really easy version of Telltale's old point and click adventure gameplay back when they were trying to figure out how to make their games more casual, but the choice gameplay would fit the story they were trying to tell a lot better (especially the consequences from time travel).

As for a Second Season, it initially seemed like they were teasing one from the end of Episode 5, but as of now it seems like Telltale's focus is on more dramatic series so I don't know if we will get a new Season for a while.

• i would cry enjoyment, for some odd reason i love BTTF game

• I actually think that the choice and consequence style would be great for Season 2 because of all of the different parallel timelines/universes opening up here.

I also think that a "tailored choice" Back to the Future would be interesting. The first season used a really easy version of Telltale's old p

• The game was good but I wouldn't get your hopes up because they're working on the walking dead season 2, the wolf amoung us and they're also developing a game of thrones game and talles of the borderlands.

• i always get my hopes up because hope keeps me positive, and even if what I hope doesn't happen it's not a huge disappointment because in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter, at least in regards to video games.

and I know what they're developing. That's their 2014-2015 schedule. Past that is yet to be filled.

TWD PDX503 posted: »

The game was good but I wouldn't get your hopes up because they're working on the walking dead season 2, the wolf amoung us and they're also developing a game of thrones game and talles of the borderlands.

• This was also one my favorite Telltale releases, didn't expect much when I started but really enjoyed it all the way through. I think it was a really good balance of casual gameplay and story. I hope to see more "casual" games like this in the future as I can't get into the more serious series very much...

• I liked both this and Tales. And I wish that they wouldn't end on cliffhangers when they have no intentionof continuing the series. That is one thing I don't like.

• A second season would be awesome!
    Especially if, as I hope, Marty would travel into the future this time!
    I wanna see (more) flying cars, hoverboards, and other high tech
    future goodies :)

But I think Talltale sees the big bucks coming from dramatic, difficulty-free
    games these days.
    Seems the days of humorous , challenging adventure games from Telltale,
    are long gone.
    Very happy to be proven wrong tho!!

• There is another hint at a second season. On a Back To the Future The Game facebook page (not sure if it is the official one or not. I think it is), there was a picture posted with the Back To the Future the Game logo and under it, it had a little arrow in BTTF style saying Part 2. So there are 2 hints pointing towards a season/part 2.

• that facebook page is a fanpage

VeryTori posted: »

There is another hint at a second season. On a Back To the Future The Game facebook page (not sure if it is the official one or not. I think i

• I just finished it! I actually applauded. I just couldn't help it. What a fantastic game!

As a long-time adventure game buff, I admit I thought it was a bit too easy. It had, as so many games do in the console era, a tendency to lead the player around by the hand, which I thought was odd for a game with a built-in hint system. That said, the ease of the puzzles doesn't detract from the sheer fantasticness of the experience. Thank you, Telltale!

I also was thrilled when I saw the "To Be Continued" at the end, just as I was back in 1985. Of course, the wait for the second movie was interminable, and no one ever thought it would happen... I have a suspicion the game developers had a little symmetry in mind when they put that in there. So I shall continue to hope for a continuation here as well!

• I would love to see some more new episodes, but I agree with what someone said earlier about them being too busy with the Walking Dead and other games. Its all good though. I'm in no real hurry to see them, but being a big fan of Back to the Future, I would love to see how it develops. I thought the first season was great, if somewhat easy.

• edited January 2014

I loved the game and would love a second season! BUT I think ending on a cliffhanger, knowing that they have no intention of ever making a sequel would be the perfect homage to the original movie, since that is what gale and zemeckis originally planned.

• Indeed. Except that the "To be continued" was not there in the original theatrical release. That was added afterwards, so in a way, Telltale HAS made a promise here... ;)

WoolCorp posted: »

I loved the game and would love a second season! BUT I think ending on a cliffhanger, knowing that they have no intention of ever making a seq

• ikr but chances are kind of agaistuse bttf fans I have given up on it BUT WHAT ABOUT THE 5 MARTYS thats why I just hope and grean but hear is the pic Alt text

VeryTori posted: »

There is another hint at a second season. On a Back To the Future The Game facebook page (not sure if it is the official one or not. I think i

• In Season 2 they should go to the future like 2015 (it's almost 2015 either this Alternative (possible 2015 in real life or the future that the BTTF trilogy has or a bit further

• I'm going to hold out hope that a Season 2 at least starts being released before the end of 2015. I mean, 2015, wouldn't that be perfect?

• Then you have to play through all timelines to unlock the true ending. Like KH:BBS.

Jexx21 posted: »

I actually think that the choice and consequence style would be great for Season 2 because of all of the different parallel timelines/universes opening up here.

• The last episode should be released on October 21.

Bramton1 posted: »

I'm going to hold out hope that a Season 2 at least starts being released before the end of 2015. I mean, 2015, wouldn't that be perfect?

• I hope they make a second season of BTTF & they keep the game classic adventure style, there is already enough new games that were they have altered the game style to be fast paced action style (Jurassic Park, Walking Dead & Fables). But with some games such as BTTF, Hector, Puzzle Agent & Sam & Max should be kept classic point & click adventure games. However, I would agree on the principle of different story outcomes & endings based on decisions made by the individuals choices.

• Alt text

dunno if it's the right section :P

• Just played Season 1 again instead of revising. PLEASE DO A SECOND SEASON TELLTALE!

Maybe sort of in the style of TWD but funnier.

• edited May 2014
    There's only 3 things I want from TellTale;

*Back to the Future 5 aka Season 2.
    *Sam & Max season 4.
    *Hector: Badge of Carnage season 2.

I'd already lost interest in the Walking Dead before season 1 came out, & no offence, but the art style sets off my Uncanny Valley Discomfort Alert every bit as much as LA Noir did.

Well, 4 things....I still want them to do a Ghost Busters series, don't care if it's based on the movies or the 80s cartoon.
  • E3 coming up, hoping we get some good news.

LikaLaruku posted: »

There's only 3 things I want from TellTale; *Back to the Future 5 aka Season 2. *Sam & Max season 4. *Hector: Badge of Carnage

• Just bought and downloaded the game. So far, I love it.

I don't have many ideas for a sequel game. Maybe have both time machines (the car and the train) involved, have an adventure with Doc's children or maybe have Marty's children continue the time travel business. Maybe have Marty's from alternate universes scattered through out the timeline and its up to the original Marty and Doc to put them all back.

Like I said, I don't have many ideas if a sequel game is in the works. I just bought and played the game for the first time and really enjoyed it.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited October 2015

I'm still holding out hope for a season two, since Christopher Lloyd did mention that he was going to voice Doc Brown in more Telltale episodes at the Fan Expo in 2012. If this does come to be, 2015 would be a good date for Telltale to aim for, since it's an important date in the series. :)

I wouldn't expect anything new from Telltale to be announced until after Tales from the Borderlands (if not Game of Thrones) is in mid-season.

• Just finished the game, I really really liked it! Ended up watching the movies again. If they make another season, I would be very happy!!! I think the way they made the story, and the way they told it was genius. I'm very grateful to Telltale for making this game, it kept me company in a ver nice period of my life, and the time theme made me reflect a lot.

I cast my vote for the next season!

• edited June 2014

I vote yes,

I would buy it and play it.

I think it was an awesome game.

I'm grateful to TellTale for making this game.

• Yes, but serious changes would need to be made. You should be able to die, play as Dr. Emmett L. Brown. Clara should be in it and they should go to 2045 and meet a new Tannen, Griff's son, Ratliff.

• I still hope to this day for a season 2. Hell I'd take a port to the Xbone and PS4 even. Still my favorite game series telltale has done next to the Sam & max games.

Jennifer posted: »

I'm still holding out hope for a season two, since Christopher Lloyd did mention that he was going to voice Doc Brown in more Telltale episo

• I enjoyed the first Season and would certainly buy the second.

• YES, The game was amazing, it stick to the ORIGINAL idea of what the movie was, I know it was NOT based on the movie and this was what MADE IT AMAZING, having something different to experience from what has been one of the BEST MOVIES EVER.
    I would love to PLAY A BTTF 2, I know people complain about the graphics, or the story type, but I have to say the GAME WAS AMAZING, very WELL DONE I personally CONGRATULATE TellTale for making a game that was so AMUSING, that had all the typical plots and incoherence from the movies, I have to say this game TOOK ME BACK IN TIME :)
    I love the TellTale games, WALKING DEAD is MAGNIFICENT, but this one was just AMUSING and ENTERTAINING.
    Please do a BTTF 2 I know there are a LOT of fans out there

• It will be great to have a BTTF 2
    I just completed the game and I have to say, it was AMAZING, it took my BACK IN TIME, it made me remember how I felt after every movie
    What I loved the most of this game is that it took the original "flavor" of the movie, where all the incoherence and everything always got solved, where the final future that they finally arrived is ALWAYS BETTER than the original, and in that case they do not care and they prefer to just "WALK SLOWLY INTO THE LAB" :)
    I enjoy all the TellTale games but this one specifically was just MAGNIFICENT, hope they make a BTTF 2

• Thread: season 2 should it happen

In my opinion I think they should make a season 2 of the back to the furture because just how it ended by all the martys coming to get Marty because of his life and to take him back to prevent what happen to his life and if u guys agree say yes and if u don't say no and if telltale don't make a season 2 they are not smart because they left us with a cliffhanger

• Thread: "To be continued" Kind of a jerk move

Yo, never put a to be continue on a series you don't have solid plans to continue.

• Highly agreed on that! I hope BTTF Season Two will be released sometime, in 2015. Just for the 30th Anniversary.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited August 2014

I don't think they have to do anything to resolve the ending, since it's not really a cliffhanger. Marty and Doc are gone, so all but one of the future Martys will fade out. By this point in his life, Marty knows all about time travel, so no matter which version of himself he is, he's going to know not to mess with anything in 1986. Now that he got his message to Doc and past Marty, he'll just head back to the future trusting that his past self will sort things out now that he knows that something is going to get screwed up in the future.

Doc's message to Marty was that it really didn't matter which Marty was the real Marty, since all that matters is how he lives his life from that point, shadowing the message of "the future is what you make of it" message from the third film.

That said, I'd really like to see a second season of Back to the Future from Telltale. I thought the gameplay of the first season was a bit hit and miss, but I loved the storyline. It would be great if they could take what they learned since then and improve upon it (a mixture of puzzles and decision based gameplay would fit the franchise quite well in my opinion).

• edited August 2014

I took it as a reference to the ending of the Back to the Future movie rather than as a solid promise that there would be Season 2.

That said, I would love to see Season 2.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.