BTTF Ep. 5 OUTATIME Discussion & BTTF Game Review

Well ya post stuff. Be all cool and smart and able to think through multiple time spectrum things in order to disprove other peoples theories. Ya...

Comments

• edited June 2011
    is it available to download at telltale?
  • edited June 2011
    It will be on the 23rd, just as it states above on the banner.
  • edited June 2011
    Well, here in Holland it's the 23rd. Have enjoyed the BTTF game immensely- Thank you Telltale!!! Waiting patiently and had pleasure reading the forums. First (real) post though. Hope the last episode is will be smashing. Wonder how they'll be fixing the part in ep.2 about the flying bike, the double DeLoreans and such. Looking forward to it!
    one missisippi
    two mississipi....
  • edited June 2011
    Waiting for the game since morning. The Telltale website was offline for a while so I hoped that the game was released after site came back up, but I guess still have to wait a few moments. :)

Previous parts always came around 8-9AM EET, but this seems to come later.
  • edited June 2011
    fourthousandnineteen mississipi
    fourthousandtwenty mississipi...
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2011
    We will not have a SECOND waiting thread today, which also confuses users about whether the game is already out or not (IT'S NOT). This is closed until release.
  • edited June 2011
    Decided to get going and set up the discussion thread for Episode 5 for when you guys finish playing it. Since I'm holding out on both walkthrough vids on Youtube to start popping up (and eventually, the PSN version in a few weeks), here's some questions of interest that I'd like to have answered:

1. Who turns out to be the REAL speakeasy arsonist?
    2. Are Trixie and Sylvia (the person Arthur McFly's SUPPOSED to marry) the same person?
    3. What will become of Edna by the end of the game?
    4. Which 2 characters does Michael J. Fox voice in this episode?
    and 5. The big one: HOW WILL IT END?

Have fun playing, guys, and I'll see you on this thread after you've finished beating it! Good luck!
  • edited June 2011
    Check back with me when Telltale releases a fix for the gamebreaking bug that happens within the first 10 minutes...
  • edited June 2011
    Umm am the only person who cant click any thing in the glass house )_)
  • edited June 2011
    Decided to get going and set up the discussion thread for Episode 5 for when you guys finish playing it. Since I'm holding out on both walkthrough vids on Youtube to start popping up (and eventually, the PSN version in a few weeks), here's some questions of interest that I'd like to have answered:

2. Are Trixie and Sylvia (the person Arthur McFly's SUPPOSED to marry) the same person?

Have fun playing, guys, and I'll see you on this thread after you've finished beating it! Good luck!

Spoilers ahoy!
    Just play the game. ;) All is answered in there.
    Btw, I will only say two things:
    "Prepare to be erased!" (hehe, that sounded funny for me) and of course "Mr McFly, thrill me." :D

As for the game, this time, I enjoyed it more than all the others, it felt like a game, small once again, but it was nice getting answers to everything and even the little "vehicle" everyone wanted. :D

Of course, people will have a big debate about how the timeline changed and well, the ending... Heh, that'll spark up quite a few theories again. P.S. You didn't expect any other song for the end credits, right? :P

Rileyjo7 wrote: »
    Umm am the only person who cant click any thing in the glass house )_)

Had the same problem too (posted it in the thread with the release dates. Had to start all over again (and skip everything with right clicks) and it worked. Not sure how, but I don't want to poke things that work when they do. :P

I could give the Michael J. Fox spoiler, but it's so much better to see for yourself.
    (and funny)
    :D
  • edited June 2011
    Spoilers ahoy!
    "Prepare to be erased!" (hehe, that sounded funny for me) and of course "Thrill me Mr. McFly." :D

As for the game, this time, I enjoyed it more than all the others, it felt like a game, small once again, but it was nice getting answers to everything and even the little "vehicle" everyone wanted. :D

Of course, people will have a big debate about how the timeline changed and well, the ending... Heh, that'll spark up quite a few theories again.

I'm a PSN BTTF owner, not PC. You're allowed to spoil it on here. If not, you can just PM me the answers I seek. Besides, it's gonna be a while before I'm able to play it anyway. Please?
  • edited June 2011
    yeah same, I cannot click anything in the glass house.
  • edited June 2011
    What the hell is going on here? Why the F*!ck Is there a MAJOR bug in the glasshouse? & MORE improtant, why the hell haven't they (Telltale) fixed it yet? c'mon man this is serious bussines!
  • edited June 2011
    JKD88 wrote: »
    What the hell is going on here? Why the F*!ck Is there a MAJOR bug in the glasshouse? & MORE improtant, why the hell haven't they (Telltale) fixed it yet? c'mon man this is serious bussines!

Calm down there dude, they're looking into it.

Anyways, something Citizen Brown did right at the beginning surprised the Hell out of me, I would post what it was, but I don't know how to put the spoilers label over my text.
  • edited June 2011
    They lied when they said they testing it than any episode
  • edited June 2011
    What do you mean they're working on it? This cannot be happening dude... NOT now with the LAST episode, I thought they tested EVERY episodes BEFORE they put it aviable to the public... This hasn't happened with any other episodes thus far... Im dissapointed in this man! Shiiiit
  • edited June 2011
    What do you mean they're working on it? This cannot be happening dude... NOT now with the LAST episode, I thought they tested EVERY episodes BEFORE they put it aviable to the public... This hasn't happened with any other episodes thus far... Im dissapointed in this man! Shiiiit

Games have bugs, nothing is going to get released perfectly, even the final episode of this game, as I said, they're looking into it and once they're able to, I'm sure they'll get it fixed.
  • edited June 2011
    The only bad thing for me, apart from some voice sound hiccups (I hope it was my system only), was the quite bad lip sync, but the episode more than made up for it.

Movielord, you have a PM. :)
  • edited June 2011
    So you people are saying this game is unplayable as it is now??
    From what i read here this dosent sound like a minor bug and should have been discovered during testing.
  • edited June 2011
    boxman wrote: »
    From what i read here this dosent sound like a minor bug and should have been discovered during testing.

Apparently it seems to be happening to random people, some people say they've got the bug, some say they don't. I haven't reached that part yet, but I'm getting quite close.
  • edited June 2011
    Ashki wrote: »
    Apparently it seems to be happening to random people, some people say they've got the bug, some say they don't. I haven't reached that part yet, but I'm getting quite close.
    I guess i will give it a try then and hope for the best.
  • edited June 2011

I managed to complete the game without any bugs, so it's definitely playable.

Although it's 5am now, and I'm slightly too tired to post my impressions. Enjoyed it though.
  • edited June 2011
    I guess i will give it a try then and hope for the best.

Also, Celeb said that the glitch happens if you skip dialogue, just to let you know, not sure if that is the case or not, but I wouldn't chance it.
  • edited June 2011
    I had no problem with glasshouse
  • edited June 2011
    replayed it, up to the bug point and now it works lol
  • edited June 2011
    Plz reveal the spoilers! I AM DYING TO KNOW! PLEAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
  • edited June 2011
    Calm down there dude, they're looking into it.

Anyways, something Citizen Brown did right at the beginning surprised the Hell out of me, I would post what it was, but I don't know how to put the spoilers label over my text.

I think u can reveal spoilers. Just please post!
  • edited June 2011
    Bttfwoot wrote: »
    I think u can reveal spoilers. Just please post!

Well, I will, anyways, Citizen Brown nearly
    commits vehicular homicide
    right at the beginning.
  • edited June 2011
    Spoilers ahoy!
    "Prepare to be erased!" (hehe, that sounded funny for me) and of course "Mr McFly, thrill me." :D

Of course, people will have a big debate about how the timeline changed and well, the ending... Heh, that'll spark up quite a few theories again. P.S. You didn't expect any other song for the end credits, right? :P

Had the same problem too (posted it in the thread with the release dates. Had to start all over again (and skip everything with right clicks) and it worked. Not sure how, but I don't want to poke things that work when they do. :P

I could give the Michael J. Fox spoiler, but it's so much better to see for yourself.
    (and funny)
    :D

Can you PALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASEEEEEEEE reveal the spoilers?
  • edited June 2011
    Can you PALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASEEEEEEEE reveal the spoilers?

You do know you can just highlight over the spoiler tags though, right?
  • edited June 2011
    I won't spoil anything, but I simply had to make my first post on the forums to thank Tell Tale for this game, and for an amazing ending.

THANK YOU.

The ending was so amazing that I was both laughing and crying from how unexpected it was. Thank you, Tell Tale.
  • edited June 2011
    You do know you can just highlight over the spoiler tags though, right?

I know, but you keep "hinting" at stuff. Seriously, spill the beans.
  • edited June 2011
    Honestly, it's just that I can't buy it and seriously just wanna know what happens.
  • edited June 2011
    Plz reveal the spoilers! I AM DYING TO KNOW! PLEAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    Emmett's invention brings him and Judge Brown closer, despite Citizen Brown's wishes. That kills Citizen Brown, while Edne, now revealed as the speakeasy arsonist steals his Delorean, going back to the old west, a little after Part 3's timeline to thwart the plans of Kid's father and Buford's son, Bureagard Tannen.

However, when she tries to burn down Bureaugard's saloon, the rest of Hill valley catches fire, making it not exist in the timeline. Marty and Doc manage to stop her and Bureaugard from killing each other, and sync her Delorean with Doc's so she end sup back in 1931, where the Delorean vanishes and she's sent to prison, where her and Kid reconcile, they get redeemed, and she becomes Biff's stepmom and Einstein's dog trainer.

After this is done, it's revealed that Judge Brown made a scholarship with Doc's help for young scientists like him, and now Doc, Clara, and the kids will live part time in 1986 to be close to Marty. In addition, Doc gives Marty a book based on the Mcfly lineage, completed because of proof that Trixie is in fact Sylvia Mcfly, married to Arthur after the Expo finishes. This is why Doc went back to 1931 in the first place.

Then 3 alternate MJF voiced future Martys come back to 1986, all saying that Doc and presnet Marty need to help them fix the timeline. So Doc and Marty escape to a random time to avoid them, until Season 2 is possibly released. Also the end of the credits says "TO BE CONTINUED", so it could mean teasing Back To The Future: The Game Part 2
  • edited June 2011
    As the other thread is locked, what did you think of this "last" episode?
  • edited June 2011
    Thank you! Omg!
  • edited June 2011
    YOU ARE SO AWESOME! And wow some of this makes sense and some of it is like WHOA!
  • edited June 2011
    Ok, I'll copy/paste what I sent to MovieLord. Well, fixed some little mistakes I had made.

Serious spoilers.

Edit: Ah, didn't notice rachetdream's
    to be continued after the credits, since I turned off the game.
    He also explains it better. :D

Anyway, I still leave them here if you want them.
    Well, I'm not a great fan of spoiling nice stuff, but if you insist...

Like many others had already guessed, there's only one person who wouldn't like hooligan stuff in her town. ;)
    And you learn it quite fast in the episode too.

Well, that's one left for almost the last, but yeah, "You didn't think my real name was Trixie Trotter, did you?" (or something like that)

Certainly gets a happy life it seems, but you would never expect with whom. :P
    With Kid. ;)

William McFly and... quite a few Marty McFlys at the end. :P

They go back to the sale, but it's a garage sale that Doc is having now (altered timeline) and he says that Clara and him had always a part time residence in Hill Valley "wasn't that how it was when you left?" (Marty to himself) "...no...".

And we learn why did Doc went back to 1931.

He wanted to research all McFlys and give their history as a thank you to Marty for saving him in the movies and so went through time and the one he had troubles with was Sylvia (since she went by the name of Trixie). :)

Of course, the way the game ends, I guess he'll have to make more trips in the ...future? :p

Edna comes with Einstein and Doc thinks she was doing some harm to him, but she explains that she did what she would do, take Einstein for a walk.
    Doc and Marty are getting really weird vibes and Doc says they better go slowly back into the lab, before they see any more changes. Then Kid comes up and calls to her since it appears they really got together while spending time in prison. They then call Biff and leave as a happy family. (weird for Tannens eh?)

And then, a Delorean pops up, a future Marty comes out (Michael J. Fox) with the usual "Doc, you have to come back with me" "Where?" "Back to the Future!" "But if your past self sees you *Marty is seeing him clear as day at that point :p* there will be irrepairable damage" (or the usual stuff he says) and then future Marty says that it's ok for our Marty to also come with him. Then another Marty from the future comes with a blue Delorean (MJF again :P) and claims the other Marty is lying, then a 3rd Delorean appears (a black one I think) and a more biker-like Marty (MJf of course) comes out and the 3 Marties start arguing between themselves.

Of course Doc goes all "the timestream is being destroyed" and game Marty asks "but who is the real me?", where Doc just looks at him and smiles, so they go in the Delorean to fix everything and Marty asks the date to go, to which Doc replies "Mr. McFly, thrill me." and like in the end of BTTF (the movie), they go airborne over the road and fly towards the camera. Then the credits come up with the Back in Time song. :)

img151.imageshack.us/img151/5350/backtothefuture10520110.jpg
    img197.imageshack.us/img197/5350/backtothefuture10520110.jpg
    img811.imageshack.us/img811/5350/backtothefuture10520110.jpg
    img171.imageshack.us/img171/5350/backtothefuture10520110.jpg
    img42.imageshack.us/img42/5350/backtothefuture10520110.jpg
    img832.imageshack.us/img832/5350/backtothefuture10520110.jpg
  • edited June 2011
    A little bit short, ending was fun (especially the
    "Lets slowly go backwards into the lab and hope that ..." part
    ).

Not a bad episode.

Edit:

Btw, did anyone else experience some sound effects missing. E.g.
    when the first of the 3 "future" deloreans arrived, there was no sound at all. Even when it ran over the garbage can.[/Spoiler.]
  • edited June 2011
    It was simply one of the greatest games I've played. I can only imagine that the people complaining about every little detail of this game weren't true BTTF fans. This game exceeded very expectation I had, and the ending was simply jawdropping.

I'll probably start over from the first game just to play all the way through to get that "complete" feel of it, but overall it left me awe struck and begging for more. In fact, when the
    "To Be Continued..." image appeared
    , I nearly squealed my head off. I seriously hope that it means EXACTLY what I think it means.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.