BTTF Ep. 5 OUTATIME Discussion & BTTF Game Review

Comments

• edited June 2011
    We still need an explanation for Einstein going back with Edna's shoe.
  • edited June 2011
    I absolutely loved the game. It was everything i wanted it to be. Thank you telltale for making such a cool game. :D

For episode 5, thought it was much better than epsiode 4. It had better puzzles and I really liked the fact we went somewhere other than 1931. The ending was insane and I was laughing hysterically at the end. I really liked the punk rock Marty with 12 kids, he was funny.
    One thing I was disappointed with was that we didn't get to go to the future (ie. past 1986) I was really looking forward t doing that.
  • edited June 2011
    I think our Doc returned after he look at the newspaper Marty gave him eg. after he got the key to the city.
    Well considering that Doc had no idea why Marty was in 1931, this is probably the case. I can't help but feel that, as the events of the game hasn't happened yet, that Doc jumping through time would cause a paradox. Doc needs to be in 1831 for the events of the game to happen. When did the new Doc return to 1931, so that events that have yet to happen still happen? He obviously went to 1931 prematurely because of Marty's newspaper clipping. One theory is that the Doc that got erased after episode 2 went back to 1986, once time returned to normal but why wouldn't he recall Marty being in 1931?
    Or maybe I'm just thinking about it too much....I feel like my head is going to explode everytime I try to make sense of time travel.
  • edited June 2011
    just finished episode 5 and i must say i dont normally post on forums but i had to say how much i loved it! i love how at the end its almost like doc and marty are like "oh cant be arsed with this anymore" and just randomly fly off to where ever as if it wont make a difference anymore lol proper loved it, hope theres another :D
  • edited June 2011
    OK, the last episode was actually really good, easily the best of the five. The season has been far from perfect gameplay-wise, but they've created a fantastic Back to the Future story that would've made a worthy 4th film. AJ did a mind-blowingly brilliant job as Marty and hearing MJ Fox in episode 5 was a beautiful thing.

So... 5>1>4>2>3 I think.
  • edited June 2011
    Man that ending was horrible. It seemed like something out of some bad BTTF parody skit. 3 Martys? What the hell were they thinking? It doesn't even make sense given the rules theseries has set up.

And Doc're reaction to this horrible/potentially universe destroying paradox? Walk away and come back later? Doc in the original trilogy realized how much they are constantly screwing things up by time traveling and wanted to stop it. Now he is jumping all over the place and letting his sons live in different time periods. And his solution to the 3 Martys problem? "Lets ignore it while we do some more time travel!".

What......the.......hell.
  • edited June 2011
    ShadowX81 wrote: »
    Man that ending was horrible. It seemed like something out of some bad BTTF parody skit. 3 Martys? What the hell were they thinking? It doesn't even make sense given the rules theseries has set up.

And Doc're reaction to this horrible/potentially universe destroying paradox? Walk away and come back later? Doc in the original trilogy realized how much they are constantly screwing things up by time traveling and wanted to stop it. Now he is jumping all over the place and letting his sons live in different time periods. And his solution to the 3 Martys problem? "Lets ignore it while we do some more time travel!".

What......the.......hell.

Yeah, I wasn't entirely sure about that ending, but I still liked it all the same.
  • edited June 2011
    People need to quit over analyzing. If you start that, the whole series, movies et al will be disasters. It was just a generic over the top, off on another adventure ending. For shit sake, you could easily pick apart all the movies in that case. I liked the ending for the simple fact that when you change something it WILL affect other events no matter what...enter Heisenberg people. At least it acknowledged that. Was it perfectly beautiful? no, but at least they came to the conclusion that things would have changed(I liked that). I've always had the thought that shit happens...and just because bad things happen and they have a time machine, they should go change things. Pretty damn selfish when you think about it right? but oh wait, IT'S JUST A MOVIE/GAME! Get over it. People can like it or dislike it. I understand that some people like fairytale endings, some don't, some like everything to be closed, some do not, some people like logical conclusions, some like anarchy. Just don't drag facts and canon into the argument since both have been destroyed in all three movies and this game, in favour of what people felt was a good story.

edit: I didn't love the ending but I accepted it and thought it was okay...let's say 6/10. A forum's secondary function is opinion and I respect people's. I don't have any issue with people who are saying that they didnt like it, they didn't like the cluster#$%& at the end and that nothing was explained. I respect that. It's people that are bringing logic into science fiction. Basing facts on something that is non-existent and are just generally conceived sci-fi "rules". I understand keeping everything within the BTTF "universe", but the rules in the franchise change every edition...I mean how many times has Doc admitted to making a mistake. It felt like 2-3 times per movie. So really, this universe has no set rules...back to what I said earlier...ideas and themes were ditched in favour of what they felt would make the best story.

Now, I've had a few and am not sure if this really makes sense or comes off as a rant...but elementally, what I'm saying is...

Like it or don't, it's just a game/story. If you don't like it, say so, ignore it, walk away and don't purchase any future sequels. I already don't accept the existence of a whole second trilogy of movies, and a few other sequels.
  • edited June 2011
    I was pretty disappointed by this episode, honestly.

I really liked episode 3 and 4; they had some very nice, very tense, very emotional scenes and the puzzle quality was a slight step up, which this episode lacked, for the most part.

I actually did like the first part of the episode, at the expo. When I entered the glass house, I seriously thought for a minute that we might actually get an interesting puzzle... but then it ended far too soon and it required no thinking. And I experienced the glitch where you walk up invisible stairs into the closed off room, which got me stuck. So much for that.

I felt like every scene after the expo was just kinda tacked on. Made it hard to get excited about Michael J. Fox's character (though I did like having him back, and the character was introduced nicely). The cliffhanger at episode 4 made it seem like something much bigger were about to happen... but it ended so quickly after the expo episode and then it just dragged on.

I kinda feel like the ending was mocking me, honestly, especially since it seems like a lot of seemingly important plot points were never resolved (most people pointed out the dream in the 1st episode already)

So yeah, I was quite disappointed. I'm surprised so many people liked this episode, it just left me kinda empty and disappointed.

It's a shame, because I really liked the season finale for Tales of the Monkey Island, so I was pretty confident I would enjoy this final episode too... but no dice.
  • edited June 2011
    ^ great example of an opinion based on preference.

I think most people agree that episode 3 was the best...mostly due to the fact it was different. You weren't talking to the same personalities over and over(Hint hint TTG, this did REALLY well amongst the fans). Personally, I felt that was the biggest concern(they can make a story I don't like and that's okay, I'm sure other people like stuff I don't)...but there was no character development voice and attitude wise. Either the writer, producer, or vocal director(or combo of all 3) dropped the ball on that in my opinion. It was like the actors came in, were given the characters worldly trait and talked...little or no direction between lines. Hey, could have been the actor's fault too. I don't know.
  • edited June 2011
    Actually I thought episode 3 was the worst one. It was paced horribly. Imagine in BTTF Part 2, instead of Marty getting a brief look at Biff's Hill Valley before he gets brought upstairs to meet his mom and continue the story, the plot comes to a screeching half for 3 hours so Marty can go around town pulling pranks to get the attention of Biff's goons.

Plus the whole Police State idea was way to cartoony and out there. I have a hard time believing the state and federal government would not sick the militia and national guard on FCB's ass the second he started setting up his own little dictatorship.
  • edited June 2011
    ShadowX81 wrote: »
    Plus the whole Police State idea was way to cartoony and out there. I have a hard time believing the state and federal government would not sick the militia and national guard on FCB's ass the second he started setting up his own little dictatorship.

Yea, that was my biggest problem with the plot; that along with Edna being the cartoon villain of the cartoony police state, she just needed a twirly mustache and cape.

Other than that, I liked the plot...
  • edited June 2011
    First post, so get easy on me, please^^
    But did someone else saw the big "TO BE CONTINUED..." Screen at the end? And if you saw it, you think it was just a joke or a reference to the movieendings? Or could we see more bttftg episodes in the future?
  • edited June 2011
    Back To The Future: The Game - Episode 5: OUTATIME Review - Alternative Magazine Online

"When I first reviewed Episode 1 six months ago, I finished by saying that “Back To The Future: The Game may well grow to become Telltale’s greatest gaming achievement yet.” Looking back at the series as a whole, I don’t quite think that is the case anymore, but I must make it clear that this is still perhaps the greatest film-to-video game adaptation ever made. For that, I applaud Telltale Games and eagerly look forward to seeing what they do next. Marty and Doc, it has been an absolute pleasure."

As always, all feedback appreciated! My final interview with AJ LoCascio will be coming soon, if you have any burning questions you want me to ask him - I will select the best ones - please let me know! :D
  • edited June 2011
    I got a Question you can ask AJ. While working on OUTATIME did he have a chance to meet/work with Michael J Fox if so what was it like and what did he think of AJ's Impression of himself?
  • edited June 2011
    I already had that question in mind Ichijo so don't worry, it will definately be getting asked! :) I know he blew Christopher Lloyd away with his voice work so it would be great to hear what Michael J. Fox himself thought! :D
  • edited June 2011
    Im glad that i wasnt the only one thinking this lol :D
  • edited June 2011
    I just want to say Telltale, well done on making such a awesome episode and cliff hanger at the end!

I don't mean to jump the gun on this but any news on the future episodes?

And if we'll need to pay again?
    Or will Telltale keep us in susspence? ;-)

And thank you for putting the Legend that is MJ. Fox in!
    I hope he's going to be in the new episodes!

Also as Doc says somthing like "A future self coming into contact with your present/past self will cause somthing to the space time continum!"
    So how come 1986 Marty hasn't been wiped?
    Confussing...!!
    English Doc! :-)

P.S BLUE AND BLACK DeLeoreans?! lol
  • edited June 2011
    I want the old doc back, I mean the new doc is ok, but BTTF Isn't the same with the new doc.
  • edited June 2011
    I loved it! And no problems or bugs here, worked fine
  • edited June 2011
    Wrong.

I liked the series, even though it wasn't as strong puzzle wise. The writing, voice acting and the plot itself were fantastic though. And I'm both a gamer AND a huge BTTF-fan.

I agree with you! I am a gamer and a BTTF fan as well! I am also in general an 1980's fan!!
  • edited June 2011
    I want the old doc back, I mean the new doc is ok, but BTTF Isn't the same with the new doc.

SPOILER ALERT
    I agree! It is a mixture of the old doc and the new doc! Its cool that Doc came back in 1931!! If not, then Marty would be time stranded! MJF played two characters more than told! And it was almost going to the future! I loved this fiinal episode!!! It may have been the same length but felt longer. (It could be because I stopped in between the game and the shadowing refused to let me play past the Marty falling into the tent after flying. I miss the original Doc. After the whole game, I just tried to wrap my brain around everything that just happened! TellTale, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make a Season 2!!!!! I loved the final episode!!! My friend and I were trying to figure out the wall of glass then looked online and found out you just walk to the brown and wooden thing. Wow. How easy is that!!! I would have shared my favorite part, but it is pretty much video. Now what would have been cool but nearly impossible because the second season would be too difficult to make is you choose either to go with one of the Martys' (Of your choosing.) Or do what Marty and Doc did!!! Who knew Edna would love Dogs??? And what happened to what happened at the sale and is Biff just acting nice or is actually generally nice? Why did they not share the marriage and/or real name/fake name of Trixie sooner in the episode? And what exactly did Marty say when trying to pry the secret out of Trixie for the first time? And I hope Emmett kept the promise!! Why and how could Emmett be in love with Edna in the first place??? And What would Doc have said in 1885 and 1955 when seeing Marty ? Would he say what he did in the movies or saying "Hi Marty!" And Marty would be creeped out but okay at the same time and stuff? And whats up with the Algae cake guy? Why would they add him and what about the lady who was seen in 2 or 3 different parts of the game? (The girl who walked by when Marty shows the shoe to Edna in episode 1 and the girl in the past then and maybe in FCB timeline!)
  • edited June 2011
    The final episode, as well as the entire series, were absolutely fantastic. I can't really say much that people haven't already - the voice acting with all its talent was awesome, and I liked the storyline quite a bit. I wouldn't have minded harder puzzles, but I also don't have as much time as I used to to play adventure games, so a slightly easier game that I can take in the whole story pretty quickly without being super frustrated is actually refreshing.

Really hope there's a series 2! The ending was a hoot.
  • For ever episode I always play through it once and then watch a walthrough on youtube. I just finished watching the playthrough for episode 5.

Now ever since the game synopsis' were announced, I thought outatime had the best synopsis; cinematic chase, THE FUTURE. The fact that it is the ending is appealing to some but no so much for me (part III is IMO the weakest of the trilogy). Here were my final thoughts on it;

-far too much time in 1931. 3 or the first 4 episodes were primarily in that time and probably about 60-80% of episode 5 as well (depending on whether or not you want to count the alternate 1931).
    -continuing on the last point, i thought the expo could have been cut down. FCB and edna are both well established as the villains at this point, we didn't need the elaborate and boring glass house.
    -MJF as willie was an AWESOME cameo in both timelines. He does have shades of seamus with more eccentric undertones. Great character with great voicing, pieced together the 6 generations of the mcfly timeline (seamus would be marty jrs great x 3 grandfather)
    -the alternate hill valley bit could have been cut down as well. Some people don't believe it's plausible that a town burned down in 1876 would be vacant 55 years later. I'm not sure if it would or not, i dont think edna is crazy enough to scare everyone off, in those times she'd likely get offed. But anyhow i think this sequence was overkill. We already know she went crazy by that age in the normal timeline (for those unable to do the math, 1931 and 1986 would have the same time interval as 1876 and 1931 so she is the same age as she is in the present). The puzzle to get the cactus to look like marshall was slightly overdone. And hadnt it been mentioned that just like the normal timeline she collected every newspaper she could in this one as well? Could they not have broken into her house and gone through and figured out which one was the earliest one?
    -1876 i have mixed feelings on. I guess it's better than still being in 1931. We get another Tannen and one with a little more depth, this one seems to be somewhat reasonable, he believes what he is doing is right as it helps people earn an honest wage. Given all we see in that time (the inside of the salloon and the road), it could just as easily have been any time and wouldnt have made much difference but given the fact that it's a new time with a new character, i'll cut it some slack
    -the double delorean sequence was awesome; got the hoverboard and a puzzle involving the deloreans. Very well done (I believe this is the last part of the gameplay, the remaining 1931 and 1936 scenes were all cutscenes)
    -we got cheated out of seeing the future as the synopsis indicates, plain and simple. The future technology and future marty's are not suffice
    -WRT the ending; i'd really have to wait and see what happens to decide whether I liked or dislike it. When the first marty showed up and told doc he has to come back to the future with him I thought "okay this is an awesome parallel" but then he said his great x 2 grandchildren were in trouble and I thought it was getting slightly far fetched mind you that would probably be around the 2080's which is the same time interval as part III. The last 2 marty's showing up almost make it as though this ending is a spoof of the films and previous episodes (though I'll give Bob Gale the benefit of the doubt).
    -to me that 'to be continued' is a make or break visual. It's either going to be foreshadowing the next season or another lie on telltales part (and nothing against TT, they gave us a game we didnt have to have and did a lot of good things).

So i'm still debating whether i like or dislike this finale.
  • edited June 2011
    How is it not the same Doc? At the end he gave Marty that McFly History book and mentioned the whole reason he went back to 1931 in the first place was to find more information about his grandmother. So he must remember everything.
  • edited June 2011
    Okay! now that I have finished Ep. 5, I here is my review..I loved it! we got Doc back! and best of all the series isn't finished yet. I enjoyed the story and loved the surprises along the way. Michael J. Fox did a great job with his Characters. the whole series was just Phenomenal! and with will continue to play the whole season from beginning to end over and over again.
  • edited June 2011
    Episode 5 was the worst yet of the episodes and it had an absolutely horrible ending that didn't wrap up anything. They didn't even leave anyway for them to create a new series like a lot of people on here seem to think they will be able to do. All 5 episodes were a waste of time and money waiting around for them to come out and be disappointed for each one.
  • edited June 2011
    Alright. I haven't posted in the forums before, but I have been lurking since the first episode came out. I haven't posted a review yet because I didn't really have too great of an opinion of the series so far, before the ending.

I thought Episode 5 was awesome. I'm not a huge adventure-gamer, but enjoy it nonetheless. I thought the Puzzles and Interactions were quite easy to figure out, but to be honest I didn't really care.

I guess what people have to understand is that the game is played for different reasons. Personally I'm a huge BttF fanboy and will do anything that involves the franchise, I also happen to like games so for me its a good combination. If you're a hardcore adventure gamer I don't honestly think BttF was ever intended for you.

I thought Episode 5 was the best. It felt longer and it had way more action in different scenes (I actually thought it was over when you get to Edna's Cabin) so I was pleasantly surprised to play on for quite a while longer. The ending kinda sucked though :(

If I had to bring up a big point of criticism it has to be directed towards the exploration that has been brought up in the thread before already. Walking around the Expo floor and having like 10 things to click on seems pretty bad, I would think that something like a future exhibition could have many points of interaction but I guess that's a serious flaw of the whole series. I don't care about the puzzles tbh, but at least allow people to monkey around and click on a bunch of stuff.

The inventory also seems kinda useless as mentioned previously, I think TellTale really need to start adding a lot more "items" to the world, they don't all have to be used in puzzles, they can be like the algae cakes.

Overall thought I'd happily recommend the series to any BttF fan and I know for sure that I will play through all episodes very soon, exhausting every dialogue and scenery :)

And guys, even if you found the series almost unplayable - keep a civil tone, yes?
  • edited June 2011
    For ever episode I always play through it once and then watch a walthrough on youtube. I just finished watching the playthrough for episode 5.

Now ever since the game synopsis' were announced, I thought outatime had the best synopsis; cinematic chase, THE FUTURE. The fact that it is the ending is appealing to some but no so much for me (part III is IMO the weakest of the trilogy). Here were my final thoughts on it;

-far too much time in 1931. 3 or the first 4 episodes were primarily in that time and probably about 60-80% of episode 5 as well (depending on whether or not you want to count the alternate 1931).
    -continuing on the last point, i thought the expo could have been cut down. FCB and edna are both well established as the villains at this point, we didn't need the elaborate and boring glass house.
    -MJF as willie was an AWESOME cameo in both timelines. He does have shades of seamus with more eccentric undertones. Great character with great voicing, pieced together the 6 generations of the mcfly timeline (seamus would be marty jrs great x 3 grandfather)
    -the alternate hill valley bit could have been cut down as well. Some people don't believe it's plausible that a town burned down in 1876 would be vacant 55 years later. I'm not sure if it would or not, i dont think edna is crazy enough to scare everyone off, in those times she'd likely get offed. But anyhow i think this sequence was overkill. We already know she went crazy by that age in the normal timeline (for those unable to do the math, 1931 and 1986 would have the same time interval as 1876 and 1931 so she is the same age as she is in the present). The puzzle to get the cactus to look like marshall was slightly overdone. And hadnt it been mentioned that just like the normal timeline she collected every newspaper she could in this one as well? Could they not have broken into her house and gone through and figured out which one was the earliest one?
    -1876 i have mixed feelings on. I guess it's better than still being in 1931. We get another Tannen and one with a little more depth, this one seems to be somewhat reasonable, he believes what he is doing is right as it helps people earn an honest wage. Given all we see in that time (the inside of the salloon and the road), it could just as easily have been any time and wouldnt have made much difference but given the fact that it's a new time with a new character, i'll cut it some slack
    -the double delorean sequence was awesome; got the hoverboard and a puzzle involving the deloreans. Very well done (I believe this is the last part of the gameplay, the remaining 1931 and 1936 scenes were all cutscenes)
    -we got cheated out of seeing the future as the synopsis indicates, plain and simple. The future technology and future marty's are not suffice
    -WRT the ending; i'd really have to wait and see what happens to decide whether I liked or dislike it. When the first marty showed up and told doc he has to come back to the future with him I thought "okay this is an awesome parallel" but then he said his great x 2 grandchildren were in trouble and I thought it was getting slightly far fetched mind you that would probably be around the 2080's which is the same time interval as part III. The last 2 marty's showing up almost make it as though this ending is a spoof of the films and previous episodes (though I'll give Bob Gale the benefit of the doubt).
    -to me that 'to be continued' is a make or break visual. It's either going to be foreshadowing the next season or another lie on telltales part (and nothing against TT, they gave us a game we didnt have to have and did a lot of good things).

So i'm still debating whether i like or dislike this finale.

I agree with you on a lot of points. I thought the ending was good. However, the point I agree most with you on is the fact that the synopsis and preview were misleading. It clearly says a chase through the future, plain and simple. In the preview there is concept art for a future house which leads us to believe we will go to the future since the synopsis says we will. That alone upsets me because to me it seems like we were intentionally mislead in order to boost interest and sales.
  • edited June 2011
    was a so-so ending to this particular series.... first off ... no clara. we bounced around the hill valley 31. and was short comings we go though glass house and then a short series of sentences and poof were at the delorian... sequences was good but ending ... was kind of hard to swallow.. was sort of reminiscent of circa 1985 but 4 martys in front of each other??? hmmm not quite the space time continuum we would hope for///... all in all hewey at the end helps a little.. will play again but not high expectations..
  • edited June 2011
    I loved the game! Just one thing I do not think I mentioned before. After the whole season, 1931 seems to be more of a home than 1986! But in episode 4, 1931 felt overused, but this episode made it better by traveling to a different time for like 5 - 10 minutes and more places to visit!
  • edited June 2011
    After all i very liked the series in most parts.

Episode ranking: 3>5>4>1>2

Episode 3 was by far the very best episode of them all with a nice story twist and a few emotional moments. Liked the last one, too. The three Martys at the end were a bit over the top, but the last scene just gave me shivers, really good job in points of atmosphere in the whole season, good job Telltale!
  • edited June 2011
    The whole series was good, but way too talky. I'd rather pick stuff up and do stuff with it, than track through so much boring conversation.
  • edited June 2011
    Oh my word, where to begin. The ending was a hoot to say the least! It had me crying and laughing at the same time. xD And the two couples at the end, who would have ever thought! And I died laughing when Edna ended up in jail with Kid... So served her right! The idea of them being married is crazy in itself! :D:D:D

I ended up with the glass house bug and had to completely start over so I could continue the game. A bit annoying, but eh, at least managed to get past that point. I also found a few errors along the way as well. One that really made me laugh was when Marty was in the glass house and he vanished through the floor instead of walking down the stairs. I was thinking, when did they bring the Star Trek teleporters into this? lol

Over all the puzzles were more difficult, I'd say. The alignment of the flux over riders was pretty tough, but nicely done. I have a 13 year old keyboard that doesn't exactly still work well so it made it quite interesting in trying to nail it right lol.

But as far as the end goes, I can't say enough. Twelve kids? haha Poor Jen xDD The part with Trixie being Marty's grandma was a hoot! Doc saying he took nekkid photos of her hahaha! I wouldn't want to see my grandma naked that's for sure. lol

And I loved the To Be Continued at the end! I felt sad at first that this was the last one and it seemed like I was part of the BTFF crew again like it was when the movies were out. Even though this is to be continued, it's like a closure as well. Well done even with it's little irks and quirks here and there.

:)
  • edited June 2011
    I really liked this episode story-wise. Compared to the other episodes it was less predictable.
    Especially the ending. I was laughing my ass off at that. :D
    Edna being together with Tannen. And then all those Marty's showing up.
    Mercedez wrote: »
    Twelve kids? haha Poor Jen xDD
    Haha yeah, Marty that horny little devil.

The episode didnt seamed as rushed. For example we got to see Emmett's dad.
    It was pretty akward in the earlier episodes just having him hidden around the corner.
    And of course Michael J. Fox' cameo appearances.
    He did very well and I found it awesome for him to be Marty McFly again.
    The William character was interesting too. He risked his life to save Marty and Doc from Edna, even though they were strangers to him.

As for the things I didnt like. Well its pretty much the same flaw the other episodes had too.
    Puzzles are either really easy, or are just confusing and could have multiple solutions with the game offering no explaination why the others wouldnt work.
    And just clicking on everything makes you progress faster then actual thinking.
  • SPOILERS BELOW!!

Best bits
    The story! When Doc grabs Marty on the hoverboard at the end of the chase and the theme tune kicked in that really made me smile :D I just love back to the future and the story really did the films justice.
    Great voicework

Worst bits
    Bad controls (but better with an xbox controller than kbrd mouse)

Bad controls!! they made doing some of the puzzles awkward, like flicking the switch on the projector etc. trying to get him to run in the right direction is difficult a lot of the time.

Having to set the graphics settings at the start of every episode. Also rather than choose whether goals are enabled or not, I'd rather just have a 'default' setting for the optimum experience.

Overall verdict: great back to the future experience, big thanks to the BTTF fans at telltale for taking me back in time! Special thanks to christopher lloyd and michael j fox!! You are living legends!!
  • edited June 2011
    I think the ending with all the Martys felt more like a bad parody than a proper ending to the season. Don't really know what they were thinking there, and I didn't get the feeling that the next season is going to do anything to explain it. It's almost as if the next season is just going to ignore the three extra Martys and make a new season with a new story, completely disconnected from this season.

It was also the most unpolished telltale game I've yet played. The playtesters must've been on a vacation, because how else can you not see all the little glitches that happens. The bugs are one thing, but things that aren't really problematic, but it's extremely glitchy and lacking of polish.

That said, I enjoyed the series, not as a game, but the story and music and I was always somewhat curious about what happens next. So, I may jump into the next season as well. That said, as a game it failed on just about every account it could, and as an interactive movie, it needed a lot more polish. The whole interaction part of it felt like an afterthought, and there were so many mistakes that you'd think experienced adventure game developers would not fall into. Makes me wonder how much of Telltale is a big collection of big names from the past glory days of adventure games, while the real developers of telltale are those who're doing the dirty work, and not really doing a particularly good job at it.

Playing through Tales of Monkey Island then playing through BTTF: The Game, and you ask yourself, what the hell happened? ToMI was so polished compared to this mess, it doesn't seem like the same company. Even Telltale's first games were more polished than this.
  • edited June 2011
    What a p*ss poor episode. We were so excited, waiting for months. Finally downloaded it was almost a ceremonial thing to start playing it. But low and behold what a disappointment! Without using hints or walkthroughs it took maybe 1.5h to complete the game. There were not many real puzzles which is kind of a snag when playing a puzzle game. We got stuck in the glass house which without wanting to cheat we took a long trying to correct before consulting the internet and reinstalling the game. We happily forgive the glitch (sh*t happens) but the poor puzzles and the incredible short game play are unacceptable. For anyone paying separately for Ep 5 that must have been a major kick in the giblets! (oh and what on earth were Martys choppy movements about????). Loved all the prev episode for story, game play and voice acting. The ending on Ep 5 certainly wets our appetite but having to play about 4 puzzles before the credits roll was a disgrace. Come on Telltale you can do better!!!! Two very frustrated BTTF fans!
  • edited June 2011

So who's the "old" Doc, the one who was shot by libyans and died? or the one that meets a teenager from the future?

Time Travel have this kind of stuff

There is no "old" or "new" Doc, the final one it's the equivalent one to the one your thinking the only difference is that he briefly dated Edna before the expo and no more after that, and now have stuff to do in the present, the rest was carefully implied by telltale through the episode and ending, this Doc also lived through the events of the movies and the game too. (excluding FCB timeline.)

He is "the" Doc.
  • edited June 2011
    I really liked this episode story-wise. Compared to the other episodes it was less predictable.
    Especially the ending. I was laughing my ass off at that. :D
    Edna being together with Tannen. And then all those Marty's showing up.

Haha yeah, Marty that horny little devil.

I guess we know the real reason Marty takes Jennifer to the lake. xDDD

No bait needed there.. hehe :D:D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.