Steam Walking Dead Out, TELLTALE version OUT NOW!

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Anyone want a teaser...?
    http://youtu.be/3MUPh-6QJvI
  • edited April 2012
    Burzy308 wrote: »
    they should apologize to us but at least are version wont be buggy
    You can't say that with ANY certainty.
  • edited April 2012
    What I'm realizing is that my effort to try and keep communication up in good faith, since people are so interested in being provided with updates constantly, is an absolute waste of time. So I won't bother further

And I appreciate that, but just cutting the line seems anti-productive. I'd expect someone working with them/having knowledge not to just storm off. It's a bit unprofessional.
  • edited April 2012
    crofael wrote: »
    What I'm realizing is that my effort to try and keep communication up in good faith, since people are so interested in being provided with updates constantly, is an absolute waste of time. So I won't bother further.

Call it "good faith" if you want, there is NO REASON to not keep us informed on what is going on. This is absolutely unprofessional in every possible way. Update your website, update the boards with a sticky, I don't care but to keep the fans waiting like TTG has all day is simply unacceptable.
  • edited April 2012
    What I'm realizing is that my effort to try and keep communication up in good faith, since people are so interested in being provided with updates constantly, is an absolute waste of time. So I won't bother further.

Don't worry, crofael. I and other people that are actually interested in knowing what's going on are the ones not complaining. I would appreciate open communication, but I don't require an update every 5 minutes or my brain dies.
  • edited April 2012
    Goldrock wrote: »
    Its just poor poor there really no excuse whatsoever the game is done and they obviously were able to hand the game out to their 3rd party partners but not able to deliver it to the fanbase and cust. base here on their own site pretty pathetic they should just refund everyone who purchased it here so that we can just go pick it up on steam i already re purchased it on steam so now i got both sites with the game lol i already finished my first play through it was a pretty solid hour maybe 2 time flies when your having fun.

It's not as simple as that.
    There's different builds.. versions.

The version STEAM has is a completely different version, with things written in it -FOR- STEAM.

The version they are releasing is different, and is supposedly improved.
  • edited April 2012
    I honestly feel bad that I upset him. And here I have been a good little customer and not complained one time about the wait. In fact, I have been supportive. :(
  • edited April 2012
    I am amazed that you advertise an April 24th release date on your Telltale Games website, yet have not provided any download for the game at all as of yet. You allow for the game to be released from competitor retailers such as Steam and PSN...even offering the preorder deal offered on the Telltale store...giving their customers advanced opportunity to play the game. Much less restrict a Telltale store customer from accessing any information on various websites, due to the chance of encountering any spoilers.

I preordered this game on April 10th.... it is the 24th, Release Day..9pm EST and no game that I paid for through Telltale Game's store. But Steam and PSN have versions....and even heard of another source offering it. I mean seriously... THIS is how you treat your paying customers?? I know that there is a 3 hour delay from EST to PST....but does it seriously take you all day to get this client to your webstore customers? It couldnt possibly, as other retailers already have theirs.... and seeing as how it is Digital... still dont see how it could still be unavailable.
    And if reports of Steam versions being buggy and Telltales being better due to the later release are true....then why even set today as a Release Date at all??? Apparently it is not even finished.

Do you understand that people have set aside hours and hours on this day to get the game... putting aside any other affairs just so they can get their copies and spend time playing the game...on the day of it's release?? Is this truly the way that you treat your own customers, whom go to your own website in order to purchase games so that all of the monetary sales go directly to you, and not percentages going to outside retailers? I mean seriously, I am trying to remain calm and understand my excitement for the game has me expressing outrage as such...but this is truly an outrage as a paid game Telltale Game store customer.
  • edited April 2012
    We're going to have an official announcement soon. I'm not authorized to give the details, but I wanted to let you guys know that a definitive answer is imminent.

Uh-oh. Sounds like the relationship equivalent of "We need to talk".

If it's delayed much beyond a few hours or so, I think a steam code for the first ep might be a nice gesture - but we shall wait & see......
  • edited April 2012
    They're gonna make it up to us. So, I'm not worried.
  • edited April 2012
    Valeris wrote: »
    And I appreciate that, but just cutting the line seems anti-productive. I'd expect someone working with them/having knowledge not to just storm off. It's a bit unprofessional.

Yep, I agree. While attempting to be police and respectful, I'm not going to act like I'm privileged to be getting updates. We bought the game so it should go without saying. Constant updates should simply be the norm, last time I checked it costs nothing to simply let people know what's up. It's the "least" you can do.
  • edited April 2012
    you guys are at fault here and now you're going to come to the forums where the tension is already high and make it worse? wow... really professional. i hope you're not in charge of public relations for ttg.

...Did you notice the fact that he's a programmer and NOT a PR guy?
  • edited April 2012

talk about overreacting to a joke and a funny joke I might add
  • edited April 2012

I, for one, appreciate it (and I gather that the bulk of people reading this thread do as well). Best not to give much attention to those who don't.
  • edited April 2012
    Where's my game? Shoulda just bought it through Steam, guess I'm an idiot for thinking I would get it quicker by PRE-PURCHASING from the Developer.
  • edited April 2012
    I honestly feel bad that I upset him. And here I have been a good little customer and not complained one time about the wait. In fact, I have been supportive. :(

Don't feel bad. Being supportive isn't the same as kissing their ass. Dude is being childish and wants us to feel guilty for expecting information on a product we paid for.
  • crofaelcrofael Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2012
    Nathanial wrote: »
    I don't believe he was being hostile, and I don't think you should worry. Don't take it personally, and I'm sure people appreciate the communication regardless.

I sure hope so. We have been agonizing over the delay ourselves, and for myself personally, all the nights I was at the office until 1-2 AM or later are meaningless until fans who purchased the game are able to get their hands on it and enjoy all my hard work. I understand the frustration of not being able to play the game you paid for; I really do. I'm a gamer myself. But all I can do at this point is pass on the few tidbits that I'm sure I'm allowed to.

And I wasn't trying to be flippant or clever with my last post, in case people are thinking that. We have a plan of action, I wanted to let everyone know that we're not just sitting on our thumbs, but I am not high enough up on the chain to make the statement myself.
  • edited April 2012
    KujoAK wrote: »
    Where's my game? Shoulda just bought it through Steam, guess I'm an idiot for thinking I would get it quicker by PRE-PURCHASING from the Developer.

Lol, have you read the last 39 pages of flaming??
  • edited April 2012
    ted12 wrote: »
    ...Did you notice the fact that he's a programmer and NOT a PR guy?

attempts at sarcasm succesfully thwarted.

/clap
  • edited April 2012
    Seriously, though, this happens with every release. The fans get up in arms until it finally gets released in the late afternoon. I guess that's the price you pay for interacting with your fans.
  • edited April 2012

Geez. Seems he's not having a good day. I think the guy was just trying to keep it light and joke a little but I guess with the problems TTG is having today every comment might just seem like an insult to them.

We appreciate your updates and hope you continue. Buck up, stiff upper lip and all that.
  • edited April 2012
    Yes, I like the idea of recieving a steam key for ep1. X3
  • edited April 2012

We were mostly joking dude. Be professional. No emotions in the workplace unless they are smiles.
  • edited April 2012
    Guys I don't know if this is a bad time but I just brought the Telltale almost everything pack for 42.49. Am I late?
  • edited April 2012
    KujoAK wrote: »

That about sums it all up....
  • edited April 2012
    Cro, just do what you can then. If your hands are tied, your hands are tied when it comes to that. We just appreciate the updates period, and it's better than just sitting here not knowing what's going on. Not all of us are going to give you grief though. :)
  • edited April 2012
    The complaining over this game being late is a good thing but to jump on someones a$$ because they are updating you and then also being frustrated in their response is kinda childish. I think the purchasers of the product and the guys pushing the product out is equal. Who wants to tell someone something is coming out and then it not happening as fast as they would like? Give them a little more time and if you dont like the game when it comes out you can then bitch about it. :) "first reply"
  • edited April 2012
    We're here rooting for you, crofael. :(
  • edited April 2012
    Guys I don't know if this is a bad time but I just brought the Telltale almost everything pack for 42.49. Am I late?

Nah, you're fine. Might I suggest playing Hector?
  • edited April 2012
    I sure hope so. We have been agonizing over the delay ourselves, and for myself personally, all the nights I was at the office until 1-2 AM or later are meaningless until fans who purchased the game are able to get their hands on it and enjoy all my hard work. I understand the frustration of not being able to play the game you paid for; I really do. I'm a gamer myself. But all I can do at this point is pass on the few tidbits that I'm sure I'm allowed to.

And I wasn't trying to be flippant or clever with my last post, in case people are thinking that. We have a plan of action, I wanted to let everyone know that we're not just sitting on our thumbs, but I am not high enough up on the chain to make the statement myself.

That's understandable, and we appreciate the thought considering it's not your job or your responsibility to do so. Still though, they should be providing the community manager with more information to relay to us.
  • edited April 2012

And I really appreciate your efforts. The joke was simply that, a joke. no malice or disrespect was intended. I sincerely apologize for upsetting you. I have not complained or flamed in any way. I have been supportive of what you people are going through. I understand the frustration and pressure involved.
  • edited April 2012

UH..... fans DO have it already...they were just smart enough to go through STEAM it seems. I mean c'mon!
  • edited April 2012

Hey man, I know exactly what it's like. Situations like these are not YOUR fault directly. They happen.
    And you guys will have a game delivered in the end, that people will enjoy, regardless of the hate that's going on right now.

It all comes from them being disappointed that they can't play your hard work (that they paid for) RIGHT NOW anyway.

So cheers, and good luck! The loyal fans will stand behind you guys. :)
  • edited April 2012
    I feel like everybody in here has just been bickering and arguing about the stupidest crap since I last looked on this thread at like 2 pm. Take a break guys, jeez change your tampons.
  • edited April 2012
    Its people like you that make it harder on others because you bitch about things that are not even necessarily that serious yet......Youve never waited on anything in your life i guess....guess now is a good time to start
  • edited April 2012
    wow, 9:03 pm est and nothing. Why do they put a store front up just to troll their dwindling fan base?
  • edited April 2012
    imdgart wrote: »
    i feel like everybody in here has just been bickering and arguing about the stupidest crap since i last looked on this thread at like 2 pm. Take a break guys, jeez change your tampons.

lol
  • edited April 2012
    I feel like everybody in here has just been bickering and arguing about the stupidest crap since I last looked on this thread at like 2 pm. Take a break guys, jeez change your tampons.

...It's only 9 here. Timezones, remember?
  • edited April 2012
    I feel like everybody in here has just been bickering and arguing about the stupidest crap since I last looked on this thread at like 2 pm.

It's part of the Telltale Games Experi... you know what, nevermind!
  • edited April 2012
    Even worse its available bittorent already - not that I condone piracy.
This discussion has been closed.