Steam Walking Dead Out, TELLTALE version OUT NOW!

Comments

• edited April 2012
    sirlummox wrote: »
    How the hell can you put a release date when it's not ready? Explain that to me please? I need the "Republicant" explanation as to why. Meaning, please go on not making sense.

The official response is:

Shit Happens.
  • edited April 2012
    I agree with that, I just can't see them being told to go ahead whenever they were done without checking through Telltale first, it doesn't make much in the way of sense. If Telltale did give them that sort of authority with no knowledge of when their own product would be ready, then that would have me scratching my head.
  • edited April 2012
    ADavidson wrote: »
    Yeah I just got it a couple days ago too.

Pretty awesome already, gonna be amazing when finished. you dont need the desura client tho. I hate clients, just like Steam

Just use email and password to login

True, but I had to use paypal and I thought that was the only way.. Oh well.
  • edited April 2012
    Chillforce wrote: »
    I've been saying this the whole day. Minus the part where you are reasonable and willing to wait. I had a fever. Anyway, now there are two of us. I guess that's how the infection spreads.
    We're smart zombies.

zing!
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited April 2012
    Valeris wrote: »
    You're not getting it, Steam can't just release whenever they feel like it, they are procedures involved. Telltale calls the shots, Steam has to go through the proper channels through them before they can release. If you don't get that, then I don't know what to tell you.
    Content providers release games on their own schedules. The developer provides the build to the provider, the provider releases it according to their release schedule.
  • edited April 2012
    How the hell can you put a release date when it's not ready? Explain that to me please? I need the "Republicant" explanation as to why. Meaning, please go on not making sense.

Marketers place a date that the actual producer's can't actually keep? That happens a lot in the industry actually and games tend to start off buggy and are slowly patched to the actual build as it goes. Didn't this problem happen with Dead Island?
  • edited April 2012
    crofael wrote: »
    We're going to have an official announcement soon. I'm not authorized to give the details, but I wanted to let you guys know that a definitive answer is imminent.

oh boy
  • edited April 2012
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Again, steam has released stuff before it was supposed to before. Poker Night IIRC wasn't supposed to be released yet at all and Steam put it up.

From what I remeber the telltale version was released first then the steam, both buggy.
  • edited April 2012
    We're going to have an official announcement soon. I'm not authorized to give the details, but I wanted to let you guys know that a definitive answer is imminent.

Y'know what, I'll take it. I'll get the helium ballons.
  • edited April 2012
    uh oh.. Somehow that does not sound promising. lol
  • edited April 2012
    Nathanial wrote: »
    I'm not here to "prove" I work in the industry. I've released a game myself, and I work for a company that's going through the STEAM submission process.

The truth of the matter is, they signed a contract with Valve Software (STEAM) to have the game released on the 24th.

There is no magic button that TTG presses to cancel STEAM's release. Valve had the build, it was slotted, it was released.

The truth of the matter is, it's all in the paperwork. Not saying STEAM wouldn't remove it at TTG's discretion, but I doubt it's such an "issue" to begin with.

You would figure that a company would have their own game up and ready to go before another company's build:confused:
  • edited April 2012

So an announcement reguarding the announcement of a release...

All right then.
  • edited April 2012

I explained this already a couple posts back, but sure thing. I'll try to make it make sense to you. I'm a consumer of the product too, and if I bought from TTG instead of STEAM, I would probably be irritated.

So I'm not blaming you for being upset, first off.

Second, again, there's two different builds.

Let's say Build A, and Build B.

Build A is for the TTG base. Build B is for STEAM, which works with the STEAM overlay, achievements, etc

A lot can go wrong between different builds. TTG obviously felt that Build A, in this example, wasn't quite ready for release, so they are fixing it up before TTG release.

STEAM could have had their build as far as a couple of months back.
    The STEAM version apparently also has bugs, etc,
    So I hope it makes some sense? It's still the 24th, they could come out in an hour with it.

ted12 wrote: »
    Out of morbid curiosity, what game is it?

If you'd like to PM me, I'll tell you. I don't want to announce it publicly here and try to make it look like I'm advertising it out, or anything like that. :)
  • edited April 2012
    I suddenly have the Imperial March playing in my head at the mention of an announcement.
  • edited April 2012
    So an announcement reguarding the announcement of a release...

All right then.
    You realize, of course, you just announced the announcement regarding the announcement of a release.
  • edited April 2012
    Valeris wrote: »
    I suddenly have the Imperial March playing in my head at the mention of an announcement.

Really? I had the Final Countdown.
  • edited April 2012
    You realize, of course, you just announced the announcement regarding the announcement of a release.

And you just announced my announcement of the announcement regarding the announcement of a release.

MIND BLOWN!
  • edited April 2012
    Really? I had the Final Countdown.

Roflmao:D
  • edited April 2012
    He announced that there will be an announcement. That announcement will be that there will be another announcement at a later date to be announced at another time with clearer details about the announcement.

We're not getting the game today are we? It's 5:46 PST. They don't want to pay overtime so I won't get to play this game tonight?
  • edited April 2012
    and you just announced my announcement of the announcement regarding the announcement of a release.

Mind blown!

wat.
  • edited April 2012
    Who's on first? hehe. Sorry, couldn't help myself!
  • edited April 2012
    we should have a apologie
  • edited April 2012
    Who's on first? hehe. Sorry, couldn't help myself!

you don't need to apologise, that happens a lot. Welcome to Telltale.
  • edited April 2012
    Well, disappointed to see that I'm now ome from work, the game is still not released, and it's nearing 6PM PST.

I've never bought a TT game before, so needless to say, this is my first experience with the TT store. Lets just say, it's a pretty poor first impression...

First thing I bought from Steam was the Orange Box, the whole experience was awesome. I've purchased almost 100 games from Steam since.

That will not be the case with the TT store, it has not been a good experience.

Defend TTG and flame me all you want, but it's not my fault they're dropping the ball on this.
  • edited April 2012
    i think i've been too patient with this all day. if an issue was found 9 hours ago that caused this long of a delay, this is not some minor bug which means this is something that should have been found weeks ago by beta testers or developers. with that, i'm going to bed. very dissapointed with this entire situation and have lost a lot of respect for a company that i once held in high esteem. this is not an over-reaction. whatever this major oversight was on the developers part that is being worked on should have been addressed long before the start of business on the games release date. that's fact.
  • edited April 2012
    they should apologize to us but at least are version wont be buggy
  • edited April 2012
    Still waiting.
  • edited April 2012
    you don't need to apologise, that happens a lot. Welcome to Telltale.
    Sweet! Thanks! :D
  • edited April 2012
    I'm gonna go play draw something on my iPad for awhile. I'll just draw zombies for every word I get :P
  • edited April 2012
    While I don't exactly feel betrayed by this delay, as human error happens, and that's just life... Might I suggest better planning in the way of your fans' expectations? I'm a huge supporter of TTG, and have bought every game you've ever made through this port, and also most of them over on Steam. I was very excited about playing this today, but my day is over here on Atlantic time.

Maybe the build discrepancy issue can be planned and worked out ahead of time for the next round?

I don't mind a release date a day later, or even a week later, if that's what I've been told ahead of time. But I find this sad. And for anybody who thinks I'm being unjust in wanting to play this on the date of scheduled release after supporting a pre-order, and wanting to hold TTG accountable for the responsibility of releasing on time, I say that putting money into a pre-order is being more than just. It's having faith in a company. Having that faith and that expense met with a lack of accountability comes across as kind of soulless.

Again, I love TTG, and will continue to support the devs here, but I want the company to market better, because I want to see it last. I want more games in the future and I want positive buzz for one of my favourite devs, so TTG can thrive.

I hope this comes across as constructive criticism in this swarm of mean impatience, and misplaced indifference.
  • edited April 2012
    magic88889 wrote: »
    Release dates are changed so often it's not funny anymore. A release date is when they think a game will be ready. It can even be set months before a game is even done. And when an unexpected event changing things, they change the release date, because the don't KNOW when it's going to be ready.

Does the phrase 'Valve Time' mean anything to you?
  • edited April 2012
    i think i've been too patient with this all day. if an issue was found 9 hours ago that caused this long of a delay, this is not some minor bug which means this is something that should have been found weeks ago by beta testers or developers. with that, i'm going to bed. very dissapointed with this entire situation and have lost a lot of respect for a company that i once held in high esteem. this is not an over-reaction. whatever this major oversight was on the developers part that is being worked on should have been addressed long before the start of business on the games release date. that's fact.

/agree
  • edited April 2012
    I hope this comes across as constructive criticism in this swarm of mean impatience, and misplaced indifference.

No wories, it did. Props for not raging like most others.
  • edited April 2012
    What I'm realizing is that my effort to try and keep communication up in good faith, since people are so interested in being provided with updates constantly, is an absolute waste of time. So I won't bother further.

I don't believe he was being hostile, and I don't think you should worry. Don't take it personally, and I'm sure people appreciate the communication regardless.
  • edited April 2012
    I am still interested in hearing updates
  • edited April 2012
    What I'm realizing is that my effort to try and keep communication up in good faith, since people are so interested in being provided with updates constantly, is an absolute waste of time. So I won't bother further.
    Gosh, I'm sorry. No disrespect was meant. :( Was just having fun while we waited for the next announcement.
  • edited April 2012
    Its just poor poor there really no excuse whatsoever the game is done and they obviously were able to hand the game out to their 3rd party partners but not able to deliver it to the fanbase and cust. base here on their own site pretty pathetic they should just refund everyone who purchased it here so that we can just go pick it up on steam i already re purchased it on steam so now i got both sites with the game lol i already finished my first play through it was a pretty solid hour maybe 2 time flies when your having fun.
  • edited April 2012

That's being a tad touchy :/ It seemed obvious those guys we're joking. And yeah, considering people bought a game supposedly coming out today, they are at least entitled to a couple updates in my opinion.
  • edited April 2012
    finished episode 1 on PS3 and it was glitch free and would have to say for my first telltale game i enjoyed it very much. sorry to hear y'all still waiting
  • edited April 2012
    has there been any eta's or anything along those lines? anything about why its being delayed?
This discussion has been closed.