Steam Walking Dead Out, TELLTALE version OUT NOW!

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Nathanial wrote: »

Then again, an update for those of you guys waiting would probably be nice..
    crofael wrote: »
    There are some differences between the Steam build and the TTG one. We are currently working our butts off to try and ensure that when everyone who bought the TTG version downloads it, the worst part of the experience was waiting for it to be available.

Thank you for your continued patience.

One was already given.
  • edited April 2012

Check the previous page, we got one 15 minutes ago.

EDIT: Ack! Ninja'd!
  • edited April 2012
    mastone13 wrote: »
    One was already given.

Well then there you go. They're working hard on it. They still have about a work day full of hours left to technically get it out without "false advertising" or any crap people are trying to claim.

Again, I'm having no problems with the STEAM version, so it's worth checking out if you're that impatient :p
  • edited April 2012

Like has been said there was one. But that's the problem when it's a busy thread, it's so easy for one post to get lost amongst the chaff.
  • edited April 2012
    C'mon guys, waiting for the episode to release at the last minute of the deadline is part of the Telltale experience! It makes the anticipation and the games more exciting!
  • edited April 2012
    JBright wrote: »
    wow, only reason i got it off the site was because I thought they will release it first.. fucking fail.... should have gotten it on steam...

Totally Agree:mad:
  • edited April 2012
    I think I will go eat a bowl of Frosted Flakes and put together a 1500 piece puzzle while I wait... :D
  • edited April 2012
    it doesn't matter if it is 24 april ...what matters is that http://store.steampowered.com/app/207610/ has it and the official site doesn't have it posted. .....that needs to be explained ! Period
  • edited April 2012
    Epic Kiwi wrote: »
    C'mon guys, waiting for the episode to release at the last minute of the deadline is part of the Telltale experience! It makes the anticipation and the games more exciting!

Your entire statement has no meaning compared to the horror contained in your sig.
  • edited April 2012
    Epic Kiwi wrote: »

not when its already been released on steam, I think that is whats pissing a lot of people off (including me:mad:)
  • edited April 2012
    Bigpsycho wrote: »
    it doesn't matter if it is 24 april ...what matters is that http://store.steampowered.com/app/207610/ has it and the official site doesn't have it posted. .....that needs to be explained ! Period

...It was explained. By a TTG dev. Half an hour ago.
  • edited April 2012
    not when its already been released on steam, I think that is whats pissing a lot of people off (including me:mad:)

Pfft. Those Steam buyers don't get the Real Telltale Experience when they're just given the game straight away. No adrenaline rush at all.
  • edited April 2012
    ted12 wrote: »

so basically steam is 1st class and we are 2nd ?
  • edited April 2012
    shhh ted12, your logic has no place in their rage post!
  • edited April 2012

They are two different builds. A lot can go wrong between the builds. One is built for the STEAM overlay, etc, etc, one isn't.

The TTG build had something wrong with it they felt they should address before releasing. Hence the delay.
  • edited April 2012
    ted12 wrote: »

...and frankly my dear, we don't give a damn.

First and last purchase.
  • edited April 2012
    No. Did you read the post? I feel better knowing they are working to give me a superior product than what Steam put out.
  • edited April 2012

No, the TTG version and the Steam version are separate entities. They had to finish the Steam version (which had to be done by 1 EST) first, and are now finishing this version (which just has to be done by midnight) This is decidedly abnormal though, normally we get the game first by several hours.
  • edited April 2012
    MrKain wrote: »
    Meh. I'm done with complaining for now... this is stupid. Thanks to whomever enlightened me to Project Zomboid. I'm gonna go play that.

Just looked it up, saw "zombies", "co-op", and "$8" And now here I am installing Desura.. what just happened?
    Though when I get the email, I'm playing this game instantly. Tonight is all zombies. Catching my dad up on episodes 205 to 207, Project Zomboid, and with any luck The Walking Dead at some point.
  • edited April 2012
    Jedward wrote: »

First and last purchase.

You won't be missed. Constructive criticism is one thing, but if all you are going to do is flame and whine and complain, the telltale community can do without you.
  • edited April 2012
    Jedward wrote: »

Speak for yourself.
  • edited April 2012
    shhh ted12, your logic has no place in their rage post!

OH WAIT SHI-*

<Spacetime Continuum explodes>
  • edited April 2012
    toivohomi wrote: »
    I guess being an official board butler entitles you to being an asshole too

Please don't insult other forum members.
    Or if you really want to make kittens cry, do it through PMs. :D
    Thank you.
  • edited April 2012
    ericlr wrote: »
    When a company says on it's website the night before the game comes out that it'll come out the next day, so preorder now... then I expect they will keep their word. It doesn't make me scum to hold people accountable for what they say. If the game is out on steam already, then this is a huge error on TT's part. To ignore that makes you ignorant. Maybe you like businesses to treat you like you don't matter, but I don't and I won't be giving them anymore money.

That comment alone, makes you what you are calling others.
  • edited April 2012
    The bottom line is it should have been released here first. It was a bad decision on their part to release it elsewhere and it's basically telling their customers not to rely on them directly. They shouldn't want people going through others and getting a small cut, it's just not smart business and it's insulting people who wanted to support them.(Myself included.) If Steam is more reliable, then I'll buy from Steam from now on. The updates are nice, but it doesn't change the fact they've let a good portion of people who preordered and some that haven't down. Is there still time left? Yes, but their office hours are closing soon more than likely and I doubt they're getting paid overtime. The game won't be out until tomorrow at the latest, probably close to the end of the day then.
  • edited April 2012
    I think I will go eat a bowl of Frosted Flakes and put together a 1500 piece puzzle while I wait... :D

Way ahead of you!
    581822_10150803028870962_542540961_11959393_1684317396_n.jpg
  • edited April 2012
    does anyone know if it would be possible to use the tt key and activate the game on steam?

I'm rather annoyed that I payed for my copy back in march on TT but still don't have it, when my friends who payed a few days ago on steam are playing it right now...

Does anyone know when TT is actually going to let people play their copies? D:

This is aggravating.

I only got it on TT because I wanted it sooner.. and thought that I would be able to activate it on steam... god damn I must have been a derp that day :/

FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :mad:
  • edited April 2012
    CheesyChan wrote: »
    does anyone know if it would be possible to use the tt key and activate the game on steam?

I'm rather annoyed that I payed for my copy back in march on TT but still don't have it, when my friends who payed a few days ago on steam are playing it right now...

This is aggravating.

I only got it on TT because I wanted it sooner.. and thought that I would be able to activate it on steam... god damn I must have been a derp that day :/

Might I suggest heading to your friend's house?
  • edited April 2012
    am not in rage am just not happy how tell tale handled it ....a communique would have been nice ....something ...anyways i don't except it to see it tonight
  • edited April 2012
    Please don't insult other forum members.
    Or if you really want to make kittens cry, do it through PMs. :D
    Thank you.

yes sir

i sowwy
  • CBiggerstaffCBiggerstaff Banned
    edited April 2012
    Instead of wasting a very long day of multiple developers/testers/webadmin they should give everyone steam keys and release them all on Steam and not worry about 2 builds. Only reason I bought it on here was Steam didn't have the nearly complete package option including the other games at the discounted price. I'd just assume get extra features like overlay and achievements Steam offers.
  • edited April 2012
    CheesyChan wrote: »

This is aggravating.

You won't be missed. Constructive criticism is one thing, but if all you are going to do is flame and whine and complain, the telltale community can do without you.
  • edited April 2012
    ADavidson wrote: »
    Especially considering the Steam version has achievements as well.... Doesn't look like TTG preorderers get anything special this go round

You've got a chance at being in the game...... but what good is it if the game is relaesed everywhere else, and you can't play yet...lol
  • edited April 2012
    I'm not overly mad nor will I badmouth Telltale, in the end they are doing their part to deliver me a steak on a plate cooked the way it should be and not serving it hoping I don't mind a sub par steak. I'm just genuinely disappointed with the gaming industry as a whole for what's becoming a normal practice of not delivering games ready on time or to perform as meant to be on their release day. It should have had enough of an effect on the industry by now that all developers wouldn't dare put a release date on something until they have had more of a guarantee of being ready for that said day. It tarnishes the product in the consumers eyes no matter how well the product may deliver when it finally arrives. You couldn't tell me any different. I've got a degree in Advertising and have been working in the advertising industry for almost 20 years.
  • edited April 2012
    reddmhjlh wrote: »
    Way ahead of you!

HAHAHAHAAA!! That's so awesome! :D
  • edited April 2012
    Ok Telltalers. I'm being pretty patient(well in comparison), but can you guys explain what exactly went wrong here to where the steam version is out and the telltale version isn't? I know it happened with Poker Night as well, but I don't think by this long...
  • edited April 2012
    am not in rage am just not happy how tell tale handled it ....a communique would have been nice ....something ...anyways i don't except it to see it tonight

Hopefully, the game will be up after Chem class tonight. I'll just keep this tabbed on my lappy just in case.
  • edited April 2012
    Valeris wrote: »
    The bottom line is it should have been released here first. It was a bad decision on their part to release it elsewhere and it's basically telling their customers not to rely on them directly. They shouldn't want people going through others and getting a small cut, it's just not smart business and it's insulting people who wanted to support them.(Myself included.) If Steam is more reliable, then I'll buy from Steam from now on. The updates are nice, but it doesn't change the fact they've let a good portion of people who preordered and some that haven't down. Is there still time left? Yes, but their office hours are closing soon more than likely and I doubt they're getting paid overtime. The game won't be out until tomorrow at the latest, probably close to the end of the day then.

Are you people daft? STEAM RELEASED THE GAME.....not Telltale......get it through your heads that unless they held the Steam build back they had no control over this. Steam has to have time with the build to get it working with Steam. Steam released the game early go whine to them not telltale.
  • edited April 2012
    I'd actually be really surprised if it didn't come out sometime tonight. They're often very close to their announced deadline time, but I haven't seen them miss it completely yet (aside from ToMI ep 5, but they announced the delay for that weeks in advance).
  • edited April 2012
    Tails89 wrote: »
    Just looked it up, saw "zombies", "co-op", and "$8" And now here I am installing Desura.. what just happened?
    Though when I get the email, I'm playing this game instantly. Tonight is all zombies. Catching my dad up on episodes 205 to 207, Project Zomboid, and with any luck The Walking Dead at some point.

Yeah I just got it a couple days ago too.

Pretty awesome already, gonna be amazing when finished. you dont need the desura client tho. I hate clients, just like Steam

Just use email and password to login
This discussion has been closed.