Steam Walking Dead Out, TELLTALE version OUT NOW!

1353637383941»

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Cheeseness wrote: »
    This is the situation I'm in.

It's amusing because at one stage I was getting two copies of newsletters and stuff >_<

I guess it sucks to be you, too...

I've just noticed in the STEAM Keys thread that Mike said "If you haven't received a key at that point, it's because you're not eligible for one from our initial batch last night." - I wonder which part of pre-ordering two weeks ago made me ineligible.

Or perhaps it's the email problem again. I'm getting in touch with support now.
  • edited April 2012
    LabRatt wrote: »

I've just noticed in the STEAM Keys thread that Mike said "If you haven't received a key at that point, it's because you're not eligible for one from our initial batch last night." - I wonder which part of pre-ordering two weeks ago made me ineligible.

I'm in the same situation. Let me know if you have any luck with support. I'm in Australia so going to bed soon, hoping to wake up tomorrow with either a steam key or game...
  • edited April 2012
    I've not received any email from TellTale, besides order confirmations, since last June. My email address hasn't changed, and it's not a spam filtering problem at my end - every email that hits my server is logged whether it's spam or not, and telltalegames.com is whitelisted anyway.

Same here guys.. No spam filtering problem.
    Order #600149417371966 | Placed March 23, 2012.
    Back to the Future Flux Capacitor T-Shirt - Medium
    The Walking Dead - Season Pre-Order

So.. I preordered The Walking Dead and all I got was this awesome t-shirt :D
  • edited April 2012
    It looks like I was quite lucky to get a Steam Key early in the release (Tue, 24 Apr 2012 19:19:21 -0700 (PDT)) but I was away with work yesterday and haven't been able to get Steam running today. My firewall now has more holes in it than swiss cheese and I've given up on it. So I just wanted to flag up that some of us are still here waiting for the telltale release. I'm patient but please don't forget about us for too long...
  • edited April 2012
    I preordered the game on March 20th, posted in the STEAM KEYS thread requesting a key around 6 PM EST yesterday, and still no key.

I'm not patient, especially for something I paid for a long time ago. I'm really starting to bite my tongue here. I try to order stuff like this directly from the developer when I can, so they can see more of the money, but the fact that people have been playing this game all week on Steam while most of us have been angrily lurking around these forums is kind of ridiculous.

Oh, and next time mass email everyone that there's a problem, rather than expecting people to play the role of Sherlock Holmes around your forums ... think of all the people who still have no clue why the game hasn't been released.

Unacceptable, and certainly unforgivable.
  • edited April 2012

Fantastic. So, ordering in march was an error, because I'm not eligible? Great. And if they STILL sent those keys to email, AGAIN, after all the problems... ....PM them, your mail server (or mail) sucks.

In short. This. Is. not. Good. :mad:
  • edited April 2012
    I don´t wanna say that it isn´t your right to be angry, but I wrote a polite email to Telltale and got my Key. Maybe thats what some people leck, politeness...;)
  • edited April 2012
    Actually, it's very awesome to be me. I know you're secretly envious.

There were subsequent posts from Mike that indicated there were more keys going out, but that's how I read it at first as well.
  • edited April 2012
    paragondoe wrote: »
    I don´t wanna say that it isn´t your right to be angry, but I wrote a polite email to Telltale and got my Key. Maybe thats what some people leck, politeness...;)

I'm guessing a lot of people are asking the keys here, POLITELY.

:cool::cool:
  • edited April 2012

Oh, and next time mass email everyone that there's a problem, rather than expecting people to play the role of Sherlock Holmes around your forums ... think of all the people who still have no clue why

Good point, well made.
  • edited April 2012
    In the meantime, I got a steam key yesterday but cannot play the game as I currently have no internet at home :-)
  • RauRau
    edited April 2012
    Waiting to be able to play this game feels like waiting for an actual zombie apocalypse, and I'm beginning to wonder which seems more likely...
  • edited April 2012
    Rau wrote: »
    Waiting to be able to play this game feels like waiting for an actual zombie apocalypse, and I'm beginning to wonder which seems more likely...

Definitely zombie apocalypse!:)
  • edited April 2012
    *Hand up*

Lots of people game on Macs. Don't be so hard on the guy. All the games I want to play are cross platform anyway.

I have nothing but Macs and I'm fine with the quantity and quality of games I own.

This new game for instance, The Walking Dead, is simply amazing on a Mac, you should try it.
  • edited April 2012
    Korpil wrote: »
    This new game for instance, The Walking Dead, is simply amazing on a Mac, you should try it.

Let's try and get a key first, then perhaps I'll consider buying myself a Mac :p
  • edited April 2012
    This key issue is only applied to Steam?

What about who bought the game here?
  • edited April 2012
    The delays plagued the BTTF release too... I'd hoped Telltale had learned their lesson, but I guess not. Hope the game is good, but this is the last time I pre-order any of their games.
  • edited April 2012
    Um there were no delays with BTTF. The only delay were with the PS3 version and that was due to the Sony hacks shutting down PSN for a long time. That was out of Telltales control.
  • edited April 2012
    I don't buy this 'email server SPAM' nonesense. I run my own email server. I checked my spam logs, nothing in there. I also received email for my order confirmation and from support without any issue.

Also, I get that it is a manual process having to go through the thread and process keys, but at the same time, there are 20 posts per page and 19 pages. That's 380 people requesting keys. I'm not sure how that takes more than 24 hours to process.

Additionally, there is NO REASON that peolpe who ordered the game later are getting keys first. I only ordered a few days ago, but I feel very bad for people who ordered weeks/months ago and haven't received their key when peolpe who ordered yesterday are getting it.
  • edited April 2012
    Still no download from TTG :(

Been waiting 2 days now, I'm a professional Web Developer working for many blue chip clients including banks, credit agencies and government bodies. I'd definatly be asking some very serious questions of the Web and Server teams after this 'bug' is finally fixed...

Not that I'm bothered waiting, in fact I'm a serious TTG fan and don't mind waiting a little, and the Steam keys was a good offering (even if also implemented improperly, but can't complain about such a last minute fix). But, 48 hours for what in my mind is a 'critical' bug (critical = possible loss of business) is a bit beyond the pale! Especially when there's many other products wit a similar deployment and DRM model!

Well, here's hoping that TTG's Server/DRM/Web gurus can get it sorted soon! I really want to play some of this game at the weekend, when I get my first free time, please, oh god of the internet, let this download be available by close of play tomorrow!!

On topic: Any update on when direct download from TTG will be available??
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited April 2012

On topic: Any update on when direct download from TTG will be available??

No, just rumors. I'm waiting for the TTG download too... and have high hopes for my weekend. ;)
  • edited April 2012
    Well.... I broke down and installed the Steam version on my home gaming rig....(Although I DID find a patch to disable Steam mwahahahaha)

It works perfect on my nvidia high end machine. Audio is choppy here and there, but thoroughly enjoyable game!!!

Now hurry up and come out with the real version so I can uninstall STEAM!!!

Glad the game is worth the wait tho. Incredibly suspenseful and intense.
  • edited April 2012
    Was fairly priced to begin with, even more so when getting charged in USD and with a pre-order discount. So can't complain too much. Especially since I just bought it.
  • edited April 2012
    Any news?
  • edited April 2012
    Excited to see the game appear in my list of titles only to get this:

Looks like something went horribly wrong somewhere in the Internet. As a result, the page you've requested isn't available. Or maybe it doesn't exist. Maybe it never existed. Maybe this page is a figment of your imagination. Maybe you're a figment of your own imagination. Did we just blow your mind?
  • edited April 2012
    I've got the same issue. :( Shame, as I tried the demo on my console and couldn't wait to download the full game.
  • edited April 2012
    I like that error screen. Made me laugh the first time, just like some of the Homestar Runner ones. I know errors aren't meant to be good, but it's nice when they have jokey ones.
    Anyway, good news! That means it's maybe almost ready! We just need to be a bit more paitent...
  • edited April 2012
    Excited to see the game appear in my list of titles only to get this:

Looks like something went horribly wrong somewhere in the Internet. As a result, the page you've requested isn't available. Or maybe it doesn't exist. Maybe it never existed. Maybe this page is a figment of your imagination. Maybe you're a figment of your own imagination. Did we just blow your mind?
    Download button just popped up for me when I refreshed!!! Already downloaded 82 mb.... 4 minutes to go!!!
  • edited April 2012
    excited to see the game appear in my list of titles only to get this:

looks like something went horribly wrong somewhere in the internet. As a result, the page you've requested isn't available. Or maybe it doesn't exist. Maybe it never existed. Maybe this page is a figment of your imagination. Maybe you're a figment of your own imagination. Did we just blow your mind?

it's now downloading! :)
  • edited April 2012
    Truly can't wait to play.... So excited.... Positive attitude folks! :D
  • edited April 2012
    Only pc Version for Download ?
  • edited April 2012
    Whaaaa hoooo!!!! It's out!!! :D
  • edited April 2012
    whaaaa hoooo!!!! It's out!!! :d

woooooh!:d
  • edited April 2012
    Download button just popped up for me when I refreshed!!! Already downloaded 82 mb.... 4 minutes to go!!!

Oh, the many times I've seen this. I have about an hour or something. :p I get by, just wish it was a bit faster.
  • edited April 2012
    And let the flood begin... hehe
  • edited April 2012
    Download Complete!!!
  • edited April 2012
    Download Complete!!!

My TWD Application does not respond. Fml.
  • edited April 2012
    Woooooooot... Installing!!!!!
  • edited April 2012
    OMG. The game still isn't showing up on my downloads... NOW this is getting interesting... My Pre-ordered The Walking Dead + Almost everything pack doesn't include The Walking Dead? :D Oh my....
This discussion has been closed.