Steam Walking Dead Out, TELLTALE version OUT NOW!

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Mike wrote: »
    Jason6, sorry, but you don't meet the minimum requirements for the game. It requires at least 3gb of RAM, and a dedicated video card with at least 512mb of VRAM.

Really...so I can play World of Warcraft and all others using way more than your game....but I cant play this one?

OK. Send me my refund then....where do I go to get it?
  • edited April 2012
    Jason6 wrote: »
    Great. Doubt that will work for my Mac....but all I need to do is get a Windows computer. TT you buying? Will need a new Steam code for that new comp too..

What's your specs on your Mac? I'm running on 10.6.8 and my wife and I have both played "The Walking Dead" with not one problem at full screen at 2560 x 1440 on steam (thank you for the keys Telltale). Though I wouldn't recommend using the magic mouse....during the parts where you have to chose what you say is way too sensitive, even after adjusting the settings. Your problem could also be internet download and upload speed. Especially if you're trying to game at the higher resolution.
  • edited April 2012
    Exactly my issue. If you press ESC, which is the only way to exit...it will crash. Then auto restart to a blank/black screen....causing you to totally shut down your comp.

Lot of fun isnt it?!?!

Finally got it working. I'm running a new iMac, OSX 10.7. I signed out of Steam and restarted my iMac. Signed back into Steam and after about 30 seconds it started working.

Its playing well and the game is really good.
  • edited April 2012
    xoRAIDERox wrote: »
    What's your specs on your Mac? I'm running on 10.6.8 and my wife and I have both played "The Walking Dead" with not one problem at full screen at 2560 x 1440. Though I wouldn't recommend using the magic mouse....during the parts where you have to chose what you say is way too sensitive, even after adjusting the settings. Your problem could also be internet download and upload speed. Especially if you're trying to game at the higher resolution.

I appreciate it. Seem to have no issue with games of World of Warcraft, Diablo III...or the Beta of it, and games of the like.... on a SNow Leopard 10.6.8... but apparently Mike says it isnt enough for TWD.
  • edited April 2012
    Is it possible for to use my macally controller for my Mac on Telltale games. I'm curious if it will work when I finally get to run off of my telltale copy. I can't get it to work on my steam games.
  • edited April 2012
    I appreciate it. Seem to have no issue with games of World of Warcraft, Diablo III...or the Beta of it, and games of the like.... on a SNow Leopard 10.6.8... but apparently Mike says it isnt enough for TWD.

We posted minimum requirements for a reason. You can send an email to support@telltalegames.com and a refund will be processed as soon as possible.
  • edited April 2012
    JayCally wrote: »
    Finally got it working. I'm running a new iMac, OSX 10.7. I signed out of Steam and restarted my iMac. Signed back into Steam and after about 30 seconds it started working.

Its playing well and the game is really good.

Glad to hear JayCally. Good to know at least someone is having a good second day attempt with this game. I'm told my Mac isn't worthy.
  • edited April 2012
    We posted minimum requirements for a reason. You can send an email to support@telltalegames.com and a refund will be processed as soon as possible.

Great. I'll screen print this too, just to make sure.
  • edited April 2012

Sorry to hear that. I'm a graphic designer by trade, so when I had my iMac built in 09' I had it juiced up some. Must be the difference. Or is it an issue related more with 10.6.8 itself?

EDIT: I just read some past posts. Never mind. I'd look at taking your Mac in and getting some upgrades. Cheaper than buying a whole new Mac at least.
  • edited April 2012
    Hello Mike, I was wondering how long will it take till I receive the Steam Key? Just curious as this is the first time I have bought a game off the Telltale site.
  • edited April 2012
    Hello Mike, I was wondering how long will it take till I receive the Steam Key? Just curious as this is the first time I have bought a game off the Telltale site.

Remember he is doing this manually and by himself. Hopefully we will get our keys soon.
  • edited April 2012
    xoRAIDERox wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that. I'm a graphic designer by trade, so when I had my iMac built in 09' I had it juiced up some. Must be the difference. Or is it an issue related more with 10.6.8 itself?

EDIT: I just read some past posts. Never mind. I'd look at taking your Mac in and getting some upgrades. Cheaper than buying a whole new Mac at least.

Meh. I'll just get my refund, go buy it for less on the PSN store...and may or may not continue with any future episodes there, give PS some of my money instead of them getting it all I guess. Whole reason I went this route, give them the full dough. Other than this one....never buying any other Telltale game though...this whole thing has been a debacle from the start, whether I got it working or not.
  • edited April 2012
    Like the rest of you I do not understand why Steam would have it first before the actual developer has it. I think some people should get in serious trouble for this b.s. or those of us who bought the game directly from telltale should get a free game or some kind of compensation for this.

I was going to buy it off xbox live but didn't want to wait until Friday!!!
  • edited April 2012
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Remember he is doing this manually and by himself. Hopefully we will get our keys soon.

Ah I did not know he was doing it by himself.
  • edited April 2012
    Ah I did not know he was doing it by himself.

Yeah. I'm a little interested why the rest of the team aren't helping when its the web team working on getting Telltale's version up, but that is the case here sadly.
  • edited April 2012
    Got my key!

Thanks TT!
  • edited April 2012
    I'm caught up on now on any requests placed prior to my post on page 6. There was another bulk batch sent out this morning as well. I'm getting caught up on the rest as fast as I'm able, and I apologize for the delay.

If you requested a key prior to my post on page 6 and didn't get a PM from me, it's because you either didn't actually order the game, or your order was placed after the initial pre-order cut-off time for the first batch of keys that were mailed out yesterday. Any orders placed prior to the morning of Tuesday the 24'th would have received a key. Any orders placed between yesterday morning and the Telltale build of the game going live will be eligible for Steam keys, but do keep in mind that they're being mailed out in batches.

Well he's up to page 6 on the post. I'm on page 9, so things are getting close.
  • edited April 2012
    Any orders placed prior to the morning of Tuesday the 24'th would have received a key. Any orders placed between yesterday morning and the Telltale build of the game going live will be eligible for Steam keys, but do keep in mind that they're being mailed out in batches.

And what about orders placed after the Telltale build of the game went live?
  • edited April 2012
    And what about orders placed after the Telltale build of the game went live?

The Telltale build has yet to go live. That is why he is giving out steam codes...

Quick Question:
    I'm caught up on now on any requests placed prior to my post on page 6. There was another bulk batch sent out this morning as well. I'm getting caught up on the rest as fast as I'm able, and I apologize for the delay.

If you requested a key prior to my post on page 6 and didn't get a PM from me, it's because you either didn't actually order the game, or your order was placed after the initial pre-order cut-off time for the first batch of keys that were mailed out yesterday. Any orders placed prior to the morning of Tuesday the 24'th would have received a key. Any orders placed between yesterday morning and the Telltale build of the game going live will be eligible for Steam keys, but do keep in mind that they're being mailed out in batches.

I preordered on the 21st(still have confirmation email if needed) and don't have a key yet. Already posted in the one thread, but just double checking on the bolded part of me alreadying having the key when I don't.
  • edited April 2012
    I preordered on the 21st(still have confirmation email if needed) and don't have a key yet. Already posted in the one thread, but just double checking on the bolded part of me alreadying having the key when I don't.

Bad wording on my part. That's what happens when you don't sleep and you run on vending machine fumes.

Basically, any order placed prior to our build going live will be receiving a Steam key. Orders placed after that will not. They're being sent in batches, but if you don't receive those automated emails for some reason, I have to send them out manually, which is proving to be surprisingly time-consuming. I am getting them out, though.
  • edited April 2012
    Bad wording on my part. That's what happens when you don't sleep and you run on vending machine fumes.

Basically, any order placed prior to our build going live will be receiving a Steam key. Orders placed after that will not. They're being sent in batches, but if you don't receive those automated emails for some reason, I have to send them out manually, which is proving to be surprisingly time-consuming. I am getting them out, though.

That doesn't sound like a lot of fun, but someone has to do it I guess. Keep up the good work. With any luck you won't be up until midnight again.
  • edited April 2012
    Mike - Any info on when the game will be available on the TTG site? ETA? Any update would be great.
  • edited April 2012
    Meh. I'll just get my refund, go buy it for less on the PSN store...and may or may not continue with any future episodes there, give PS some of my money instead of them getting it all I guess. Whole reason I went this route, give them the full dough. Other than this one....never buying any other Telltale game though...this whole thing has been a debacle from the start, whether I got it working or not.

LOL Yes the debacle of you not checking your system against the requirements is their fault....what a joke...
  • edited April 2012
    I don't get it. I'm running a 286! It plays Space Quest IV just FINE!
  • edited April 2012
    Well, still no key.
    I was wondering when it'd be up on TT, does anyone know an approximate time? Kind of sucks since I pre-ordered it a few weeks back... Well, I'm sure the experience will be worth it. Good luck to you, Mike.
  • edited April 2012
    Telltale - I think the smart thing to do would be to post a blog about this and apologizing / explaining what went wrong for orders via TTG.

I think the people who are seriously upset would probably respond much more favourably / patiently if there was something official on the blog explaining what went wrong / when they can expect to get the game, and or possibly what sort of compensation will be provided for the oversight.
  • edited April 2012
    I just left a post on that link. didnt realize i was in the wrong thread.
  • edited April 2012
    Is the entire Walking Dead season, from Telltale, going to be able to activate on Steam because Amazon has it to activate on Steam?
  • edited April 2012
    Mike, status update on codes?
  • edited April 2012
    Still no code, sadly.
  • edited April 2012
    Same. Pretty frustrating to pay for a game and not have it available to play.
  • edited April 2012
    Mike, status update on codes?

He's offline ATM. Too much Telltale-grade coffee can't be good for anyone.
  • edited April 2012
    Still no code, sadly.

Sadly, Mike is the only one working on the codes. He posted that he was up to page 6 in that thread a while ago. I'm hoping he's at least at page 8-9 by now, but who knows what the process is to actually get the codes.

ted12 wrote: »
    He's offline ATM. Too much Telltale-grade coffee can't be good for anyone.
    Actually, I think he set himself as offline while still working. I noticed he did that a while ago today. Hard to tell if he is geniunly offline/online trying to have zero distractions on getting these codes out though.
  • edited April 2012
    Oof, two day delay now. Things must be serious. :(

3kefc.jpg
  • edited April 2012
    tobar wrote: »
    Oof, two day delay now. Things must be serious. :(

I know. First time Telltale has had to give out copies of a different version because of an F-up. Normally its for TF2 hats...
  • edited April 2012
    I know. First time Telltale has had to give out copies of a different version because of an F-up. Normally its for TF2 hats...

I'm legitimately surprised. Telltale launches usually aren't this messy. Still, it'll be that much sweeter to play it.
  • edited April 2012
    Yeah, I'm more worried on why some people are getting codes and others(me) aren't. I get they are going in order, but one guy who posted a couple of hours after me just got his code and I'm still waiting...

Not to sound impatient, but I would really like to play this game.
  • RauRau
    edited April 2012
    Yeah, I'm more worried on why some people are getting codes and others(me) aren't. I get they are going in order, but one guy who posted a couple of hours after me just got his code and I'm still waiting...

Not to sound impatient, but I would really like to play this game.

You're not the only one :S
  • edited April 2012
    Rau wrote: »
    You're not the only one :S

Checking your post, you were there earlier than me. I feel rather sorry for Mike being the only one getting this part done, but dang. I hope telltale can turn this around eventually.

I just want the code.

EDIT:Well I'm done waiting for the day. Hopefully I can get the game downloaded/beaten by tomorrow. If not, I did say the weekend is the perfect time for gaming...
This discussion has been closed.