Steam Walking Dead Out, TELLTALE version OUT NOW!

Comments

• edited April 2012
    I'm grateful they're doing this with Steam codes, as I kind of wish I waited to order on Steam anyway, but I haven't received a code yet and can see the order was charged back when I placed it in March.
  • edited April 2012
    Did anyone receive a key after posting on the other thread?

I still haven't received anything, and I posted on the first page of that thread.
  • edited April 2012
    The fact that Telltale gave us steam codes, shows how much they do care. Technical problems happen all the time. I think people need to be more understanding instead of going overboard.
  • edited April 2012
    I too posted to the other thread and have yet too recieve a steam key.
  • edited April 2012
    Funktion wrote: »
    Did anyone receive a key after posting on the other thread?

I still haven't received anything, and I posted on the first page of that thread.

Same here I'm on the second page and haven't gotten anything yet.
  • edited April 2012
    I agree with the numerous masses here. Just want to make it known. I will not be buying games directly through Telltale Games ever again.

Here is why: my opinion

1) I should not have to dig through the forums to find out why the main page has a release date of yesterday and no download link. Make it clear to your customers what the problem is.

2) I should not have to say to myself (after paying for a game with a release date) "Well, I guess they will get to it when they get to it." Give your customers at least a general idea of a time period. It could be days at this point.

The only redeeming factor they have pulled out of this is to hand out Steam Keys to those frustrated paying individuals. Lesson learned.... cut out the middle man. Go straight to Steam.
  • edited April 2012
    when can i get it on the xbox market place
  • edited April 2012
    It's annoying I STILL DON'T HAVE A STEAM CODE!
  • edited April 2012
    I got my Steam code via email at about 6PM PST yesterday. I was debating canceling my pre-order here and just going with the Steam version, so I was pretty stoked to get the Steam version for free. It played really well for me, though I did have that stuttering problem in the woods (setting shadows to low resolved the issue).

I think it's an excellent game, it's a shame it must be somewhat tarnished by this problematic release.
  • edited April 2012
    Moragami wrote: »
    I got my Steam code via email at about 6PM PST yesterday. I was debating canceling my pre-order here and just going with the Steam version, so I was pretty stoked to get the Steam version for free. It played really well for me, though I did have that stuttering problem in the woods (setting shadows to low resolved the issue).

I think it's an excellent game, it's a shame it must be somewhat tarnished by this problematic release.

How does one cancel there preorder? Curious because if it's easy then I'll just go buy it on Steam. I'm really excited to play the game.
  • edited April 2012
    Why hasn't everyone got a code. This is ridiculous. It's a day later and nothing!
  • edited April 2012
    The only thing I wish was that Mike wasn't being forced to be so vague about what the issue is. If it was something, even an issue I didn't understand, it would be something to examine. As opposed to "unforeseen event". I'm working under the optimism that it'll either be fixed today (as I have the day off from work to play), or Steam codes will flow like water soon. Either way, my rational self is having a hard time fighting the anxiety.
  • edited April 2012
    mwmatter wrote: »
    How does one cancel there preorder? Curious because if it's easy then I'll just go buy it on Steam. I'm really excited to play the game.

There's part of this mammoth thread that examines the Terms of Service Agreement that we all clicked without really reading, which basically states that we agree to be okay if a product or service is delayed. So I don't know how feasible or easy working on a refund would be.
  • edited April 2012
    There's part of this mammoth thread that examines the Terms of Service Agreement that we all clicked without really reading, which basically states that we agree to be okay if a product or service is delayed. So I don't know how feasible or easy working on a refund would be.

Dang that's a bummer. I just want to play the game.
  • edited April 2012
    Dang that's a bummer. I just want to play the game.

Likewise, man. I've scheduled the first episode of a walkthrough on my YouTube channel for a Thursday release, and I'm getting really antsy about having to alter my schedule because of it. Also, I just love The Walking Dead and TTG's stuff in general.
  • edited April 2012
    The only reason I came to this site was to get my Walking Dead fix. I really feel this game could have been huge for Telltale. Instead I now know about steam and feel this was great advertising for their site. TT=fail Steam FTW
  • edited April 2012
    sigh, been waiting for this since yesterday and still no download or email with steam code, remind me to just buy it off steam next time, an actual competent service.
  • edited April 2012
    Jesus people, get some flippin' perspective. It's a video game. It's not like they delayed delivery of your insulin or something.

You all really need to stop acting like the world owes you. It doesn't.

Mistakes happen, so be patient. Set a good example for others. Otherwise you could end up on the s@@t end of the stick one day, and nobody will cut you any slack.
  • edited April 2012
    your patience sorta stretches thin when its been 2 days of waiting for a product that is already out everywhere else it seems. and in fact yes they do owe me something, a game that i have bought and paid for.
  • edited April 2012
    The_Ripper wrote: »
    Are you comparing a Hardware system with a software program? Really? Do you think it's the same kind of support?

If you have any problem with a software program what's the problem on using it when the developers provide you a valid and alternative solution?

I mean... If you don't want to install a client to download and play the game... well... IT'S YOUR PROBLEM. The game it's there, ready to download through a download client.

And another thing:

Do you know what kind of problem have the Telltale guys to tell them that they have to use a backup from their servers? :confused: Not all server technical issues solved by restoring backups, you know? You should know this.

Jeez...

Backup servers.... you obviously know nothing about hardware. A backup server is its own machine. You should always have a backup server computer in case you have these kinds of issues. Not "restoring backups", you should know this. Or maybe you shouldn't, but Telltale should

Not accepting a Steam code because it involved installing a separate platform on my computer should not be my problem. I didn't order the Steam version to start with because I don't want Steam on my computer. Therefore the code is absolutely worthless, unless I sell it.

Don't criticize me for something you don't know about
  • edited April 2012
    Davido1000 wrote: »
    remind me to just buy it off steam next time, an actual competent service.

A competent service, which harvests your activities ;)
  • edited April 2012
    People tend to post when they want to vent or complain rather than when they are happy or content with something.

I just wanted to stop by to say how awesome I think it is that I got a Steam key as compensation for the download via TTG not working.

For me it's the best possible solution and I just wanted to let TTG know that I think they are super awesome, I'm a happy customer and I will be back to buy more of their games! THANK YOU!
  • edited April 2012
    macguy9 wrote: »
    Jesus people, get some flippin' perspective. It's a video game. It's not like they delayed delivery of your insulin or something.

You all really need to stop acting like the world owes you. It doesn't.

Mistakes happen, so be patient. Set a good example for others. Otherwise you could end up on the s@@t end of the stick one day, and nobody will cut you any slack.

Is this a website about diabetes? Perhaps you need the perspective.

I mean heck there's kids starving in Africa too, but this website, forum and specifically, this very thread isn't about that either. If reading peoples complaints about this games release annoys you so much then perhaps not clicking on and reading through this thread is a better idea (and example).
  • edited April 2012
    ADavidson wrote: »
    Backup servers.... you obviously know nothing about hardware. A backup server is its own machine. You should always have a backup server computer in case you have these kinds of issues. Not "restoring backups", you should know this. Or maybe you shouldn't, but Telltale should

Not accepting a Steam code because it involved installing a separate platform on my computer should not be my problem. I didn't order the Steam version to start with because I don't want Steam on my computer. Therefore the code is absolutely worthless, unless I sell it.

Don't criticize me for something you don't know about

Yes, I'm an IT support technician and a future engineer. I KNOW what I'm talking about.

You need to know what's the problem and what kind of problem. Not all is solved by restoring backups, I repeat. I'm sure they have backups from their web and DB.

And of course, once more, IT'S YOUR PROBLEM if you don't want to download the game from another place and play it. It's a temporal solution and it's valid. They say when they fix the problem you'll be able to download from Telltale web normally.
  • edited April 2012
    Just bought this game here at telltales' shop anxious to try it out, didn't know about the issues. Can't believe they didn't put a warning there that you can't play it yet if you didn't buy it from steam, sloppy work telltale!
  • edited April 2012
    Yes, I'm an IT support technician and a future engineer. I KNOW what I'm talking about.

You need to know what's the problem and what kind of problem. Not all is solved by restoring backups, I repeat. I'm sure they have backups from their web and DB.

And of course, once more, IT'S YOUR PROBLEM if you don't want to download the game from another place and play it. It's a temporal solution and it's valid. They say when they fix the problem you'll be able to download from Telltale web normally.

Still he's not talking about backup files but a SECONDARY SYSTEM they can fire up when the first one goes FUBAR. Kinda like having a spare tire in your trunk.
  • edited April 2012
    PainDealer wrote: »
    Still he's not talking about backup files but a SECONDARY SYSTEM they can fire up when the first one goes FUBAR. Kinda like having a spare tire in your trunk.

I see. But the problem seems is not having equipment down. Otherwise we couldn't use the forums or downloading other games from Telltale.
  • edited April 2012
    I see. But the problem seems is not having equipment down. Otherwise we couldn't use the forums or downloading other games from Telltale.

As stated earlier, it's their CDN that is down. It's separate from the web server.
  • edited April 2012
    As stated earlier, it's their CDN that is down. It's separate from the web server.

I didn't read that.

However, I couldn't download any game from Telltale if that's true. And I can download Back to the Future episodes. :confused:
  • edited April 2012
    Don't believe the bullshit guys. The Xbox 360 version just got a release date of Friday. They are working on that version getting released not this one. The xbox will get theirs first. Wait and see.
  • edited April 2012
    Like many I pre-ordered through Telltale directly and received a steam key yesterday for episode 1. However, I've heard a lot about this game having decisions that carry over into future episodes. Will this Steam code give me access to just the first episode or all future episodes through steam? If I only get the first episode, I'd honestly rather just wait until the server issue is fixed so I can avoid having to replay the first episode in order to have all my choices carry over into future episodes.

Does anyone know anything about this or can provide some clarity? Thanks guys.
  • edited April 2012
    When does episode 2 going to be released?
  • edited April 2012
    ((trish)) wrote: »
    When does episode 2 going to be released?

June, 2015. If the world doesn't end first.
  • edited April 2012
    Good news everyone! Seems like they're getting down to business, I just received my Steam code. So you guys can probably expect yours shortly.
  • edited April 2012
    Good news everyone! Seems like their getting down to business, I just received my Steam code. So you guys can probably expect yours shortly.

Got mine last night. Guess it doesn't pay to be a fanboy huh...
  • edited April 2012
    ericlr wrote: »
    Got mine last night. Guess it doesn't pay to be a fanboy huh...

You're lucky to have been in the first wave. There's quite a lot of us who didn't get the code.
  • edited April 2012
    You're lucky to have been in the first wave. There's quite a lot of us who didn't get the code.

I got mine at 11pm EST last night as well. But there's no way I'm installing Steaming pile of crap on my main rig. I'll continue complaining on the forum until we get actual factual information for TTG or the game is released.

Again, maybe it isn't even their servers that are the problem, maybe they lied about that too. We have no idea because their PR sucks balls
  • edited April 2012
    Howdy people! First post here and it's to ask for a Steam key since I still didn't receive it... How lame am I?
  • edited April 2012
    Got my Steam key a few minutes ago and the download is halfway. I'd love to stay and complain but the game isn't gonna play itself, right?

Thanks Telltale for the current workaround, I still expect official word from you, meanwhile I'm off to play.
  • edited April 2012
    Just received my Steam key.

I'm off to (finally) play the game. :p
This discussion has been closed.