Steam Walking Dead Out, TELLTALE version OUT NOW!

Comments

• edited April 2012
    the steamkey is a redemption for the waiting and i will recieve the TTG too, so that the steam version is an additonal (standalone/independent to the TTG) one?

Yes it is. Also: I cannot die. I am already un-dead. dsa Oh! My typing finger just fell off.
  • edited April 2012
    Sillium wrote: »
    @EliteLucker: Did you even read the mail?
    Yes i've read the mail but there stand "until" so that could be mean the take away the steam version after the TTG version is coming :p
    Sillium wrote: »
    Also It is not nice posting German in an English speaking forum.
    But not forbidden

That Forum is the global support forum, the should have the possibility to get supporter for the most countries the game will be released.
  • edited April 2012
    Wait, what there's a code? Unsurprisingly I didn't get one.
  • edited April 2012
    I didn't say it is forbidden :) But as der_ketzer said. You probably won't get an official answer that way.
  • edited April 2012
    PainDealer wrote: »
    Wait, what there's a code? Unsurprisingly I didn't get one.

It's not in your spam box? I got mine hours ago.
  • edited April 2012
    Mike wrote: »
    I'm the next AI chatbot from Telltale's own award-winning Bruce Wilcox. Still some kinks to work out, clearly.

If any of you don't have your steam keys by tomorrow, I'll help you out the best I can. Please keep in mind that it's 11pm here, though, and I'm kind of on my own with everything. I'm getting as much done as humanly possible, as fast as possible. I ate a protein bar for lunch today. Please have pity.

You should just sit down for a proper meal. Way better results in the end compared to running on protein bar fumes ;)
    Chillforce wrote: »
    It's not in your spam box? I got mine hours ago.

No. Plus I get all messages from TTG in my inbox so nothing to worry about there.
  • edited April 2012
    This is a clear and evident breach of contract. I paid my money. I got nothing but a broken game on a service I didn't want.

Hello!?! You tried to sell something that wasn't reasonably functional.
  • edited April 2012
    DERPYDOO wrote: »
    la la la la la

Your la la la la will not help you now.
  • edited April 2012
    This is a clear and evident breach of contract. I paid my money. I got nothing but a broken game on a service I didn't want.

At least you got something. Guess how disappointed I feel for waiting since day one and not even getting the broken product.
  • edited April 2012
    I'm glad that Telltale have finally acknowledged there's a problem and tried to provide a temporary solution. But I can't help but feel it came a bit late and basically agree with the people saying they should have done a lot more pre-release prep (and given themselves an extra day or two) to make absolutely sure something like this wouldn't happen. I hope they learn from this.
  • edited April 2012
    how do we get the steam code?
  • edited April 2012

E-mail. The adress you used to order the game. Makle sure to check the spam folder.
  • edited April 2012
    Just woken up in rainy old England and seen the latest updates. It was a little disappointing that the game didn't turn up yesterday but I'm impressed at what Telltale have done to rectify the problem.

I've been a gamer for 30 years and am more used to the Bethesda style of customer relations where I still have a broken game and no interest from the company months after release. So, on balance, although I was unhappy not to get my game, I'm happy with the company's response.
  • edited April 2012
    I have pre-ordered the game but i havent received any email with steam codes (I have also checked my spam folder)
  • edited April 2012
    anasbek wrote: »
    I have pre-ordered the game but i havent received any email with steam codes (I have also checked my spam folder)

Good to know i'm not the only one. Still hurts, but a bit less. ;)
  • edited April 2012
    nothing in my spam folder unless telltale have started selling penis growth pills and stay at home jobs
  • edited April 2012

Looks like your order was placed today, on the 25'th. The Steam keys were only sent out for pre-orders. We will likely be sending out another batch in the morning, however, which would include your order.

This is not something we're going to be doing indefinitely; only until our internal server issue is resolved.
  • edited April 2012

Keep on making those accounts......

Quote from Terms of Use:
    • Telltale reserves the right to terminate your access to the Site or your account for any reason or no reason.
    • If your account is terminated for a breach of this Agreement, no refund for any products or services will be made.
    • If Telltale terminates your account because you have breached this Agreement, you will not be entitled to any refund of any unused subscription fees or any other fee you may have paid in order to use any Telltale product.
    • Except for physical merchandise, which is discussed below, Telltale has a policy of NO REFUNDS for products or services purchased on or through the Site. By ordering merchandise from Telltale, you agree to the terms contained herein.

...and the big one for you......
    • If you have ordered any product from our Site, and we expect that there will be a delay in the delivery date of such product to you (or the date by which you may download or use a product from our site), then we reserve the right to notify you by e-mail of any such delay and the anticipated date by which the product will become available.

Which - on your original account, you acknowledged receiving.

You should feel free to read the rest: Right Here
  • edited April 2012
    My Order was placed at April 20...
  • edited April 2012
    "Derpydoo" was actually issued a full refund, for the record. But the lesson there is not to publicly boast about filing chargebacks on products you already admitted to receiving, I guess.
  • edited April 2012
    anasbek wrote: »
    My Order was placed at April 20...

And mine 24th of march...:cool:
  • edited April 2012
    I posted about this earlier, but it's 1am here and I can't do anything from home. If any if you still don't have your keys tomorrow, I'll get it taken care of as soon as I possibly can. Not sure why you don't have them, because they were all sent out hours ago. I apologize for the delay.
  • edited April 2012
    Surely we can wait a few more hours. Thank you for the immediate reply!
  • edited April 2012
    Get some sleep Mike. You deserve it.
  • edited April 2012
    Mike wrote: »
    I posted about this earlier, but it's 1am here and I can't do anything from home. If any if you still don't have your keys tomorrow, I'll get it taken care of as soon as I possibly can. Not sure why don't have them, because they were all sent out hours ago. I apologize for the delay.
    Shouldn't you be.. I dunno.. in bed perhaps? Sleeping and dreamin of lil fuzzy, pink zombies?
  • edited April 2012
    nothing in my spam folder unless telltale have started selling penis growth pills and stay at home jobs

That must be it! Shit I already scrapped them :(
  • edited April 2012
    I haven't got any steam key either :( Oh well. Checked my e-mail, nothing there. Not even in SPAM :)
  • edited April 2012
    Hi, I didn't receive the steam key in my mail either.
  • edited April 2012
    ok i just have one question when does the next episode come out and how long betwen them and where do i get them sins i got the game on steam by tt hompage will they be availeble on steam also
  • edited April 2012
    Woke up this morning to find the steam key in my inbox. While it was a tiny bit delayed, I am loving every minute of the game so far. Thank you telltale for doing helping a man get his zombie fix.
  • edited April 2012
    Huh. Maybe I shouldn't have placed an order for the game right now...

Bought since I saw the price was still discounted, got no TTG.com version, no email with a Steam key. :(
  • edited April 2012
    No steam key either. Hoping this can be resolved soon.
  • edited April 2012
    i purchased two season pre-order but i received only one steam key...you know if i'm gonna receive another steam key cause i need it to play the game :( i gave the other one to my girlfriend as a gift (and that's why i purchased the pass twice) so i wanted to know if i have to wait the TT link or is possible to receive another key :(
  • edited April 2012
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    No steam key either. Hoping this can be resolved soon.

Here too(Order placed March 29, 2012)..but screw this, maybe I have to beat the "Almost Everything Pack", and what´s I´m going to do...UNLOCK THE WALKING DEAD :D
  • edited April 2012
    Akitom wrote: »
    i purchased two season pre-order but i received only one steam key...you know if i'm gonna receive another steam key cause i need it to play the game :( i gave the other one to my girlfriend as a gift (and that's why i purchased the pass twice) so i wanted to know if i have to wait the TT link or is possible to receive another key :(

Just hang on, my guess is that they can't process all of the orders in one go, so they are doing it step by step.

Mike said they would be sending another batch of keys tomorrow morning, so i'd wait untill then and contact TT if you havent gotten the key or the game unlocked by then.
  • edited April 2012
    Thanks for the Steam Key... it came way late in the night, but at least I know you tried. And that's heaps of importance to me. Thanks a lot.

Sorry for the complaints and flip-flopping nature.
  • edited April 2012
    Thanks for the free key!!
  • edited April 2012
    Jennifer wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it will help, but try setting the exe to Windows XP compatibility mode. That fixed the problems for me in Puzzle Agent 2 through Steam.

Found in another forum: turn shadows off completely. Now the game runs perfectly and still looks very nice. Made it to the farm before my wife said shut up and go to bed. Gotta listen to the boss.;)
  • edited April 2012
    stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill waiting for the steam key. FFS, give me a refund or the game!
  • edited April 2012
    Where is my Steam Key?
This discussion has been closed.