Steam Walking Dead Out, TELLTALE version OUT NOW!

Comments

• edited April 2012
    JBright wrote: »
    TTG Is so unprofessional shouldn't they have set everything up and ready before this bull shit... Im heading to bed after taking a day off and waiting the whole day.. I have a right to complain fuck this shit, I tried to be patience but when someone tells me VERY SOON and 10 hours later its still not out thats not very soon and just pisses me off.

Be sure to never give them another dime. That's what I'm doing. When they go out of business they'll think back on this day.
  • edited April 2012
    Armand1880 wrote: »
    It is odd that people who pre-ordered a few days ago have their Steam codes already. I pre-ordered on 3/22 and nothing in my email.

I got one. Sell it to you for $24.99.

Edit: Wait.... might be awhile before I can get it to you. But give me some time, Ill work on it after I get the cash.
  • edited April 2012
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Well achievements have nothing to do with the game. Still weird telltale didn't think up anything for them, but they still don't matter.

Oh, I know, but they certainly could have done something better, like
    • Found all potential clues in the Babysitter's House!
    • Made a tough call on who lives and who dies
    • Killed XXX zombies

Stuff that is already in the game, so it'd be a bit like a journal rather than, woohoo, I finished a chapter.
  • edited April 2012
    I got an e-mail from Telltale that they got unexpected technical problem they give me a steam key for the game.Well time for me to put one in and start playing.Good thing I got a Steam account since they released Steam. XD =)
  • edited April 2012
    ericlr wrote: »
    Be sure to never give them another dime. That's what I'm doing. When they go out of business they'll think back on this day.

Well that is one thought process... at the same time though, do you really think they will go out of buisness from this? If they do, it will be do to crappy games(which might be happening actually), not crappy launches. Plus, I have this odd feeling you are a new customer and thus Telltale wouldn't have a major effect on your loss.

Don't get me wrong, stand up for what you believe in, but they won't be going out of buisness unless this game is a MASSIVE flop in ways beyond this release.
    EDIT:Ok. Its 11:00 PM. I'm tired, and still no code. So much for downloading the game overnight. I'm out. Peace.
  • edited April 2012
    Well that is one thought process... at the same time though, do you really think they will go out of buisness from this? If they do, it will be do to crappy games(which might be happening actually), not crappy launches. Plus, I have this odd feeling you are a new customer and thus Telltale wouldn't have a major effect on your loss.

Don't get me wrong, stand up for what you believe in, but they won't be going out of buisness unless this game is a MASSIVE flop in ways beyond this release.

You are correct. It's a launch day hiccup and while it sucks, it will not tarnish their overall image if you are happy with the game.

But that still doesn't mean they are not in breach by failing to provide what was paid for and a full chargeback is forthcoming (including the everything else package) even after I've played the steam version. :)
  • edited April 2012
    ericlr wrote: »
    That's because this company doesn't care about your business.

I am sure they do...but as someone who has been a customer since 2006, and has had one pre-order canceled the day of a supposed release (Jurassic Park back in April 2011)...and now this...I cant help but think Telltale's business practices need some review. A Dvd for the cost of shipping doesn't really cut the mustard any more. People want to play a game on release day...especially those who care enough to pre-order.
  • edited April 2012
    Jason6 wrote: »
    LOL no. I would hope you were more intelligent than they are, and were just posting as I am sure some have to shed good light on TT after all this by making an Alt email, which is what I was joking about.

But if you think giving away a free key to get the game is the compensation that is suitable for you, then by all means get it and go. To me compensation of a code to Steam that TT themselves have stated here on this forum as being a buggy version compared to theirs....is NOT compensation or good will. It is merely passing it on hoping we will go away, and they can taut their glorious achievemnets advertised on their own blog even though screwing their own customers over.
    I suppose that there is something to be said for that if it is a buggy version, but in the absence off the game being available here, I take it as a sign that I am a valued customer when someone offers me another way to get what I want, even if it's not the option that was number one on my list. Like I said, I work in customer service, so I'm particularly sympathetic - sometimes no matter how much you want to, you can't fix it for the customer right at that moment, and you have to offer an alternative as a stop gap or a workaround until you get the issue fixed. While I don't feel compensated, I do feel both mollified and valued. :)
  • edited April 2012
    Pre-ordered on the 19th and have yet to receive my steam code. I am pleased to be receiving that so I can play today, but I'm hoping I haven't somehow gotten screwed into not receiving the code either...
  • edited April 2012
    I haven't received my code either, for the record, but I'm not really eager to download Steam.

You know what would make this a great day though? How about a general amnesty for 'nightlightguy'. He should be unbanned, I hear he's a great guy.

:)
  • edited April 2012
    Preordered on Sunday... Well I've waited this long, I can wait a bit more.

Preorded... at 8:55 pm EST so that's about... 2 hours and 16 minutes ago from the time I'm typing this? I got a bit of wait, I think I'm calling it a night.
  • edited April 2012
    I just checked my ISP junk filter and sure enough an apology for it not being available on telltales site along with a Steam code, as I am already a Steam user I will activate through Steam. Telltale fail for ppl who Pre-ordered! No advantage at all unless you are going to make us all characters in the game......
  • edited April 2012
    I suppose that there is something to be said for that if it is a buggy version, but in the absence off the game being available here, I take it as a sign that I am a valued customer when someone offers me another way to get what I want, even if it's not the option that was number one on my list. Like I said, I work in customer service, so I'm particularly sympathetic - sometimes no matter how much you want to, you can't fix it for the customer right at that moment, and you have to offer an alternative as a stop gap or a workaround until you get the issue fixed. While I don't feel compensated, I do feel both mollified and valued. :)

When you post on your own websites blog all of the rave reviews it is getting from players, who have gotten from other retailers...and even advertise the fact that it is "OUT NOW ON PC AND MAC!"....I feel not mollified nor valued, but molested and ripped off being a TT Store customer. A self proclaimed buggy code by the dev...is surely a stop gap....a stop gap that says, "Stop bothering us. We will not update you any further. You'll have to wait unknowingly. But go play this crappy version in the meantime."

Again....if that makes you happy great...go do it. Im not that easy.
  • edited April 2012
    Just now got mine, so they are still coming out guys.
  • edited April 2012

Yup, and here is a case of trying to appease the customer and show them they are appreciated and valued and resolve the issue at the same time. As I said earlier, some Telltale folk are going to be getting wasted this weekend.
  • edited April 2012
    Downloading through Steam now, coulda done this hours ago, like this morning tards
  • edited April 2012
    AtleeUlver wrote: »
    Yup, and here is a case of trying to appease the customer and show them they are appreciated and valued and resolve the issue at the same time. As I said earlier, some Telltale folk are going to be getting wasted this weekend.

Appease the customer with a crappy version, proclaimed as such by the dev themselves. Yeah. Ok.

I guess a real piece of crap in a doggy bag will appease you for not getting seated at the restaurant too huh?
  • edited April 2012
    AtleeUlver wrote: »
    And I hope that they enjoy it.
  • edited April 2012
    I don't mean to be impatient. I'm just worried that the same issue that kept me from being added to the insider forum is keeping me from getting my key.
  • edited April 2012
    completely appeased, they sent me a steam key. Thank you TT
  • edited April 2012
    Appease the customer with a crappy version, proclaimed as such by the dev themselves. Yeah. Ok.

I guess a real piece of crap in a doggy bag will appease you for not getting seated at the restaurant too huh?

No, it wouldn't, but if the restaurant happened to be out of Sprite and offered me 7-Up instead I could probably stand it. Or to use seating as an example, I might be appeased with a free meal at a later date if there were unforseen circumstances, as there are here.
  • edited April 2012
    I'm wondering why some just pre-ordered the game like a day or 2 ago already got a code but other people like me who pre-ordered it over 3 weeks ago still havent gotten a code
  • edited April 2012

Can you point out to me where a Telltale employee said that, please?

I get that you're upset and it's a crappy situation, but we resolved it for today in the best way we could. It's not like you won't have a download available through us if it was ordered from our store once the issue is resolved. Delaying it in the first place was not a decision that was made lightly. The Steam version is in no way inferior, and nobody here said, or implied, that it was.
  • edited April 2012
    You know, its not that hard to host a file on the internet, need to fire your IT guy. You guys looking to Hire? :) All downloaded gonna play after dinner.
  • edited April 2012
    I had to send an email to support with my order number in the subject line to receive the Steam Code.
  • edited April 2012
    This from someone who got the code in another thread.... yeah compensated and valued.

" I used my Steam key but it won't let me play
    An error pops up saying i'm not authorized to access the game. Is this happening to anyone else? I sent a message to support but haven't heard anything back yet."
  • edited April 2012

They are doing the best they can to get the issue resolved. I work in a similar field as well and it's just the way things go. They are working through this right now trying to get the issue resolved as best they can. While trying to get their customers taken care of. I can understand what you're saying, but unfortunately these things do happen. And when they do happen, they seem to happen at the most unfortunate times.
  • edited April 2012
    Mike wrote: »

I get that you're upset and it's a crappy situation, but we resolved it for today in the best way we could. It's not like you won't have a download available through us if it was ordered from our store once the issue is resolved. Delaying it in the first place was not a decision that was made lightly. The Steam version is in no way inferior, and nobody here said, or implied, that it was.

I don't recall an employee saying it, but it's pretty widespread that the STEAM version is supposedly buggy. I myself, having purchased the STEAM version, never ran into this issues, but..
  • edited April 2012
    educator wrote: »
    I had to send an email to support with my order number in the subject line to receive the Steam Code.

That is a shame to hear you had to do that. Are the codes still being batched out or is this something we should be doing?
  • edited April 2012
    This from someone who got the code in another thread.... yeah compensated and valued.

You're telling people that a "dev" stated that the Steam version was inferior. That didn't happen.
  • edited April 2012
    Armand1880 wrote: »
    That is a shame to hear you had to do that. Are the codes still being batched out or is this something we should be doing?

They're going out in batches. I'm not able to issue codes manually tonight, sorry.
  • edited April 2012
    And I hope that they enjoy it.

Ditto. With the way this week has been going I may have to join them. :D
  • edited April 2012

" I used my Steam key but it won't let me play
    An error pops up saying i'm not authorized to access the game. Is this happening to anyone else? I sent a message to support but haven't heard anything back yet."

Turn your antivirus off for a second and try it again and see if it still produces the same error in the Steam client.
  • edited April 2012
    They're going out in batches. I'm not able to issue codes manually tonight, sorry.

Thanks for the continued updates Mike!
  • edited April 2012
    So they are going to put out a bug free one later on tt and we can use stream's bugged version in the meantime?
  • edited April 2012
    No link to down or key yet, is there a line somewhere?
  • edited April 2012
    Wow i get email with a steam key and now all of a sudden for the first time in 3 years steam wont open. I don't get anything when I click it. I'm not asking for help with that, ill find on google, but what a frustrating day
  • edited April 2012

Here you go buddy. Soak on this "said, implied" statement from a RED.

There are some differences between the Steam build and the TTG one. We are currently working our butts off to try and ensure that when everyone who bought the TTG version downloads it, the worst part of the experience was waiting for it to be available.
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29149&page=31
  • edited April 2012
    educator wrote: »

Whats the email for support?
  • KevinKevin Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2012
    The content is exactly the same between steam and the ttg version. The only differences are technical (how the game interacts with steam servers vs telltale servers). The game itself is identical in every way.
This discussion has been closed.