Steam Walking Dead Out, TELLTALE version OUT NOW!

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Mattroid wrote: »
    From what I've seen, most issues can be worked around, if they even present themselves.

Regardless, I'll move on to actually playing the game while the rest of you cry over what has obviously been an unfortunate situation, but has been temporarily resolved with free Steam keys. Too bad some people just like to complain about everything.

But you stayed just post a complaint about all the posts of people complaining...instead of doing the holier than thou statement you make of going and playing the game already.

Whatever you say bub.
  • edited April 2012
    BTW, is the steam key to preorders for one episode of for the whole series? Its fine if not, I'm just wondering.
  • edited April 2012
    Just curious..
    is the steam key the first episode or the whole season? :s
    sorry if this has been asked and answered, i did check tho :s
  • edited April 2012
    That's like- SO 25 pages ago. We have answers to all that now. :^)
  • edited April 2012
    Oh great, I forgot Steam and OS Lion don't play well AT ALL!
  • edited April 2012
    Thank you TTG for giving us Steam keys. At the very least, it will shut up some of the whiners while they download and play the first episode. :)
  • edited April 2012
    Jennifer wrote: »
    The Steam keys just let you download the game from the Steam client if you want to play it today. If you don't mind waiting, you'll still be able to download the game from your My Telltale games list once it's out.

Thank you. I think I wait. I really didnt know the difference or if I had to do the steam thing. but as much as I want to play the game. Ill wait for the finished version. But really thank you for your post it means allot to us first timers.
  • edited April 2012
    BTW, is the steam key to preorders for one episode of for the whole series? Its fine if not, I'm just wondering.

I was wondering this too, I would imagine its all 5 eps just as if you had ordered from steam.

also: TY TTG for the steam code! :)
  • edited April 2012
    Thanks for the steam key guys! Though I might just wait until you get this sorted out. :)

I wonder how transferring saves between the different versions of the game will work.
  • edited April 2012
    Thanks a lot for providing a steam code to your game so we could enjoy it earlier. I hope it didn't cost you to much having to deal with steam to fix this problem...either way, I appreciate it.
  • edited April 2012
    Oh great, I forgot Steam and OS Lion don't play well AT ALL!

What issues have you had with Steam and OSX Lion? I've been running Steam on my MacBook Pro with Lion since day one with no issues.
  • edited April 2012
    Isterio wrote: »
    Hey Crofael,

You seem to be a nice guy. And where you are, it's quite late now, so you might be a bit tired. Please don't take the flaming here personal. It's nice that you try to keep us informed.

And actually it shouldn't be the end of the world, if the release would be delayed for a day or so. But it's of course not very nice either.

However, I do not agree with how TTG is handeling the release:
    1. Why didn't they test ALL processes before? Including the upload...
    2. Why is there no official statement from the higher ups? Are they already at home?
    3. Why do other platforms release the game, before TTG?
    4. If the game is buggy, why setting such an early release day?
    5. Why don't the pre-order people get the game 1 day ahead anymore?

Don't worry, I still like TTG, but you could do better ;)

That ...that...and that. the first That being the best question of That.
    Server testing is inherent in any pre release testing.
  • edited April 2012
    Hello Developers,

I looked through some of this and all that I can think is 'Oh my goodness, (as of right now) there is 51 pages of this. Yeesh. I've pre-ordered and waited as well, and since I was pretty sure I was about to get a really awesome game (and that no one promised me a particular time today) I was prepared to wait. I'm sure that you guys are working your asses off at present, way past office hours, with at minimum 50 some odd pages of people asking if you're done yet. Can't be fun.

With that said - thanks for sending the steam key. I was really anxious to play, and I'm super excited to hop on. And thanks for all the hard work that you guys are putting in,
  • edited April 2012
    Thanks for the steam key guys, but I can wait. I absolutely hate steam. So I'll wait. It's not like I really had any time to play the game today anyway. As long as I have it by Friday, I'll be fine.
  • edited April 2012
    *Sniff* I've been gooood. I want my key!
  • edited April 2012
    Man it's getting late. 10:30 over here. I got class in the morning. Are the codes almost done being sent?
  • edited April 2012
    I'd say a STEAM key is considered taking care of your customers. Much obliged...Though i think i prefer to get it late with the guarantee of being a zombie in episode 4
  • edited April 2012
    Hello Developers,

I looked through some of this and all that I can think is 'Oh my goodness, (as of right now) there is 51 pages of this. Yeesh. I've pre-ordered and waited as well, and since I was pretty sure I was about to get a really awesome game (and that no one promised me a particular time today) I was prepared to wait. I'm sure that you guys are working your asses off at present, way past office hours, with at minimum 50 some odd pages of people asking if you're done yet. Can't be fun.

With that said - thanks for sending the steam key. I was really anxious to play, and I'm super excited to hop on. And thanks for all the hard work that you guys are putting in,

Make an Alt email just to post that fodder?
  • edited April 2012
    Mattroid wrote: »
    From what I've seen, most issues can be worked around, if they even present themselves.

Regardless, I'll move on to actually playing the game while the rest of you cry over what has obviously been an unfortunate situation, but has been temporarily resolved with free Steam keys. Too bad some people just like to complain about everything.

STEAM IS NOT A SOLUTION! I would have bought from steam if i wanted it on steam.
  • edited April 2012
    Mike wrote: »
    Another update: we're probably not going to get our server issue fixed tonight. However, we're working right now to get Steam codes mailed out to any of you that pre-ordered the game through us. They'll be going out ASAP, so keep an eye on your email!

Again, we profusely apologize for the delay and any frustration this may have caused. We appreciate your patience, and your passion for the game.

That's freaking awesome Mike. Got mine. You guys really do rock.
  • edited April 2012
    Hey guys. I've been pretty rational. Can I have my code please? I need to sleep too:p
  • edited April 2012
    Mike wrote: »
    Another update: we're probably not going to get our server issue fixed tonight. However, we're working right now to get Steam codes mailed out to any of you that pre-ordered the game through us. They'll be going out ASAP, so keep an eye on your email!

Again, we profusely apologize for the delay and any frustration this may have caused. We appreciate your patience, and your passion for the game.

Good solution. Thanks Mike :) Like this the people will even get their achievements.
  • edited April 2012
    Steam is a temporary fix while they solve the problem. It costs them money to pass out those keys, as I understand it, so it's more than they have to do.

They're not making you zombies, they're not giving you Almost Everything. They're just doing what they can to fix it. Deal.
  • edited April 2012
    Things happen we all understand:D It adds to the suspense
    suck up.
  • edited April 2012
    Alright, all of you crying about the Steam keys PM them to me. k Thanks.
  • edited April 2012
    Moragami wrote: »
    suck up.

Insult the people being rational. That is totally the best way to do things.
  • edited April 2012
    Good news everyone! Got my steam key!

Lol, did you fall for it? I got nothing...just sitting here on these forums hoping to play this game before I fall asleep. Not looking good for the home team
  • edited April 2012
    Thanks for the update Mike
  • edited April 2012
    i see no key in my email....
  • edited April 2012
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Insult the people being rational. That is totally the best way to do things.

Why not...you all have insulted us even though we have every right to complain.
  • edited April 2012
    Yeah can we have these out soon? I'm glad you guys are taking action, but I need sleep!

Jason6 wrote: »
    Why not...you all have insulted us even though we have every right to complain.
    No I haven't. If I insulted someone, it will be due to a personal attack on me or a friend of me. I did not insult anyone, I am just telling people to think rationally here and that complaining doesn't help anyone.
  • edited April 2012
    The key is a lie...
    See what I did there?
    Portal 2> my disappointment for not getting to play The Walking Dead today
  • edited April 2012
    I don't have my Steam key either, but I just made my preorder last night (it hasn't even been 24 hours yet) so I'm probably last on the list. lol
  • edited April 2012
    sirlummox wrote: »
    i see no key in my email....

If you pre-ordered from TT you will receive a Steam key with instructions on how to activate if you are unfamiliar with Steam. :D
  • edited April 2012
    What time did you preorder last night Darth? Cause I may be further down on the list than you lol
  • edited April 2012
    The key is a lie...
    See what I did there?
    Portal 2> my disappointment for not getting to play The Walking Dead today

That's unfair

Portal > everything. :p
  • edited April 2012
    I'm also keyless. Like a new-fangled car door.
  • edited April 2012
    The keys are being sent out in batches, based on order date. Make sure you're checking your spam folder if you're not seeing it.
  • edited April 2012
    Geaux wrote: »
    Haha yeah my thoughts exactly!! I just really got hooked on TWD from the start (of the Tv show at least) and haven't missed a day since. Even read the comics, so I decided to take a leap of faith with this.

If nothing else, it'll hold me over until October when the show starts up again!!

@AtleeUlver: Thanks :)

Me 2. Im a fan of all thing zombie. I like comic books. So of course i was into the walking dead. Im hit and miss with the show. Came up on console games and love them. Dont know to much about computers or computer games so all this is alien. So I feel you. Not liking the leap so far. But holding out hope. The delay actually gave me some optimism. I didnt want to deal with the steam problems. But the steam code thing?! Not liking that. Just let me download and play. Do I have to wait a day or a week? anything more then that then maybe Ill try the steam.
    Sometime i really miss colecovision.
  • edited April 2012
    1: Visit http://www.steampowered.com

2: Click the green “Install Steam” icon in the upper right.

3: If you’re on a PC, click “Install Steam Now” and save the file to your system. Click the “Also available on Mac” link if you’re on a Mac.

4: Run the installer and follow the on-screen prompts to install Steam.

5: Once Steam is installed, launch it. If you have a Steam account, login now. If you don’t, you’ll be prompted to create one.

6: Once Steam has loaded, click “Games” on the toolbar at the top, and then click “Activate a Product on Steam”

7: Follow the on-screen prompts and enter your Steam key when prompted.

Enjoy the game!

-Telltale Games

Here's a head start if you have yet to receive a key and don't currently have Steam installed on your PC.
This discussion has been closed.