Steam Walking Dead Out, TELLTALE version OUT NOW!

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Things happen we all understand:D

A quote to live by. Why can't at least half of the people who posted in this thread be this chill?
  • edited April 2012
    First time TellTale buyer and I have to say, I'm perfectly fine waiting. I get why people are so bent out of shape waiting for this but I mean, its a game. You can live without it for a bit, people did for thousands of years. They'll get it to you when they can. None of us know exactly what went wrong so we certainly cannot judge or anything. If you're angry, fine be angry. But don't talk bad about the company, they are working their a**** off to get this to all of us.

I agree. I mean I really wanted to play it today. Built my day around it. But Im glad I didnt buy it from steam. Im glad they are the guinea pigs used to find the bugs. Iv been waiting for this game, and really, really wanted to play it today. But Im glad that TT didnt send me a half baked product. I just wish they had been better at communicating the situation.
  • edited April 2012
    Mike wrote: »
    Another update: we're probably not going to get our server issue fixed tonight. However, we're working right now to get Steam codes mailed out to any of you that pre-ordered the game through us. They'll be going out ASAP, so keep an eye on your email!

Again, we profusely apologize for the delay and any frustration this may have caused. We appreciate your patience, and your passion for the game.

And THIS is why I love Telltale. Thanks so much for the update, Mike.
  • edited April 2012
    Woo! Steamy!
  • edited April 2012
    What website do zombies go to to pass the time?

http://www.zombo.com/

(yes, I reached way back into the bowels of the 90's internet for that one!)
  • edited April 2012
    Another update: we're probably not going to get our server issue fixed tonight. However, we're working right now to get Steam codes mailed out to any of you that pre-ordered the game through us. They'll be going out ASAP, so keep an eye on your email!

Again, we profusely apologize for the delay and any frustration this may have caused. We appreciate your patience, and your passion for the game.

That's awesome, thanks Mike!
  • edited April 2012

Aw man, well at least you're giving us some compensation. You rock for that, man.
  • edited April 2012
    Barzenak wrote: »
    ok..it is 10 o clock on the 24th and I still see no download for my pre ordered game from TT. I should of just gone the steam route...

No, we should have just not bought the game PERIOD. They will never get anymore of my money.
  • edited April 2012

Things happen, no big deal.
  • edited April 2012
    Take THAT, people who couldn't wait 9 hours so already bought a copy!
  • edited April 2012
    I do not blame them at all for their advertising. They want to make more sales. Completely understandable to me.

Thats cool...I advertised in the comments about getting screwed by them. So it all evens out.
  • edited April 2012
    DWhipp wrote: »
    Wow!!! I might call my girlfriend and have her pick up some anal ease, because my butt hole hurts after that F@&K Talltale games has given me today!!

right
  • edited April 2012

Good man - that's a fix.
  • edited April 2012
    As always, MANY thanks Mike and everyone else at Telltale! You guys never cease to amaze me :)
  • edited April 2012
    ericlr wrote: »
    No, we should have just not bought the game PERIOD. They will never get anymore of my money.

<sniff sniff> You going to stomp your feet and pout to?
  • edited April 2012
    Well done. Much respect and appreciation, guys!
  • edited April 2012
    I like the making us all zombies idea. And giving us Steam keys and "I suffered through TT Walking Dead delayed release and cried my eyes out" T-Shirts.
  • edited April 2012

That is above and beyond the call guys! Thanks. I bought straight from you to support and now you are supporting me. I am really proud to be your customer!
  • edited April 2012
    Dear Telltale,
    I love you, I love your games. Sorry you are having issues with the PC-direct version. I preordered from the TT store and the delay doesn't bother me but a bit. (A small bit)
    However I think the crutch of the issue is Telltale needs a better community manager. No personal offense to Alan Johnson but I think he could do a better job at being a manager of the community he is responsible for. If his job is to interact with the press, then Telltale needs to change his title and hire an actual community manager. He hasn't even been on since the 11th. If he is having personal issues, I understand and don't want to pry. Telltale games released through the TT store are almost always late via other outlets. Yet the community didn't use to freak out. Why? Because Emily Morganti was on top of things with answers before anyone had a chance to ask them. Since she moved on from the position, Telltale's official community response is to remade silent until the problem reaches the news sites. This was happening even before the incident with the jeep. Sure some TT employees come here on their own time and talk with us and that is appreciated but officially it needs to be better.

Anyways, I hope to be playing the Walking Dead on pc tomorrow, if not, I'm sure I'll manage.

Thanks for reading my two cents.

/ninja edit: Just saw the posts from Mike. Awesome! I hope the server issue doesn't fry your system admins or anything.
  • edited April 2012

OK. Im new here. and with this kind of thing altogether. Regardless. Thank you for getting it right before sending out mine. But I dont understand what your saying. Yes Im computer ignorant, a nube, or whatever. But Are you saying I cant play it tonight? If so. Ok. I just dont want to be up trying to get some code to work not know if im doing it wrong.
  • edited April 2012
    Mattroid wrote: »
    As always, MANY thanks Mike and everyone else at Telltale! You guys never cease to amaze me :)

HOW DOES THIS AMAZE YOU? Good God people, it's only FITTING that this is what they did. I'm happy, and grateful that they are doing this, but in my eyes this is the least of what they should do for those of us that pre-ordered.
  • edited April 2012
    zfan330 wrote: »
    I agree. I mean I really wanted to play it today. Built my day around it. But Im glad I didnt buy it from steam. Im glad they are the guinea pigs used to find the bugs. Iv been waiting for this game, and really, really wanted to play it today. But Im glad that TT didnt send me a half baked product. I just wish they had been better at communicating the situation.

Completely agree, the communications on both sides could have been smoother and handled better. But it's just how things go :]
  • edited April 2012
    So now instead of refreshing the forum, we get to refresh our email! wheeeeee! ;)
  • edited April 2012
    I don't want to try and grapple with Steam. Can I just be 'unbanned' please? I promise not to mention the 'p' word again. :(

'nightlightguy'
  • edited April 2012

Thanks! :D
  • edited April 2012

All is well now. You guys are awesome.
    But...i'm still a zombie. No fix for that is there? So offer me your interns as food.
  • edited April 2012

This is a very nice gesture. Thank you.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited April 2012

Excellent news! Thanks Mike (and all of Telltale). :D
  • edited April 2012
    Mattroid wrote: »
    What website do zombies go to to pass the time?

http://www.zombo.com/

(yes, I reached way back into the bowels of the 90's internet for that one!)

..dafaq did I just click?
  • edited April 2012
    Thank you for the update Mike. Sorry to hear the issue is ongoing, let the team know we are all rooting for them.

But seriously do yourselves a favour at the next release: switch the forums off and have a news item on the website front page appologising for the server issues. :p Most of the whiners that have filled this thread with pointless posts will not bother coming back once the game is actually released. Will save us all a headache. ;)
  • edited April 2012

At least we'll probably get to play TWD tonight. :)
  • edited April 2012
    Binhex wrote: »
    <sniff sniff> You going to stomp your feet and pout to?

I don't support companies that don't support me. You're the one acting like a child. I work for a living and I don't have time to be jerked around. And what's all this talk about them mailing us steam codes? It's 10 oclock and I've got nothing in the mail. You might enjoy being a fan boy, but in real life, this is just business, and what they've done is bad for business. You'll figure this out when you get into high school one day.
  • edited April 2012
    Good luck with the issues! I hope the whiners dont get you down. We do appreciate the updates.
  • edited April 2012
    Thanks Telltale for your awesomness :)
  • edited April 2012
    I don't support companies that don't support me. You're the one acting like a child. I work for a living and I don't have time to be jerked around. And what's all this talk about them mailing us steam codes? It's 10 oclock and I've got nothing in the mail. You might enjoy being a fan boy, but in real life, this is just business, and what they've done is bad for business. You'll figure this out when you get into high school one day.

Thank God, finally someone rationally thinking. I cannot believe you all are acting like this is "above and beyond."
  • edited April 2012

Dude they told us about it like 5 minutes ago.
  • edited April 2012

dawson-crying.jpg
  • edited April 2012
    DWhipp wrote: »
    Wow!!! I might call my girlfriend and have her pick up some anal ease, because my butt hole hurts after that F@&K Talltale games has given me today!!
    Oh I get it because you're butthurt. :l
  • edited April 2012
    Razer wrote: »
    Thank you for the update Mike. Sorry to hear the issue is ongoing, let the team know we are all rooting for them.

But seriously do yourselves a favour at the next release: switch the forums off and have a news item on the website front page appologising for the server issues. :p Most of the whiners that have filled this thread with pointless posts will not bother coming back once the game is actually released. Will save us all a headache. ;)

Nor come back and buy any future TT Games either. SO you can jump for joy in all your forum glory. Enjoy.
  • edited April 2012
    Dear Telltale,
    I love you, I love your games. Sorry you are having issues with the PC-direct version. I preordered from the TT store and the delay doesn't bother me but a bit. (A small bit)
    However I think the crutch of the issue is Telltale needs a better community manager. No personal offense to Alan Johnson but I think he could do a better job at being a manager of the community he is responsible for. If his job is to interact with the press, then Telltale needs to change his title and hire an actual community manager. He hasn't even been on since the 11th. If he is having personal issues, I understand and don't want to pry. Telltale games released through the TT store are almost always late via other outlets. Yet the community didn't use to freak out. Why? Because Emily Morganti was on top of things with answers before anyone had a chance to ask them. Since she moved on from the position, Telltale's official community response is to remade silent until the problem reaches the news sites. This was happening even before the incident with the jeep. Sure some TT employees come here on their own time and talk with us and that is appreciated but officially it needs to be better.

Anyways, I hope to be playing the Walking Dead on pc tomorrow, if not, I'm sure I'll manage.

Thanks for reading my two cents.

/ninja edit: Just saw the posts from Mike. Awesome! I hope the server issue doesn't fry your system admins or anything.

well said - cannot agree more !
This discussion has been closed.