Steam Walking Dead Out, TELLTALE version OUT NOW!

Comments

• edited April 2012
    The Steam key is a definite good move by TT while we wait for the official release on the site. Kudos, TT - you really didn't have to do it but I appreciate it.
  • edited April 2012
    Still keyless. Getting worried, since the preorder forum didn't automatically activate....
  • edited April 2012
    Mike wrote: »
    Another update: we're probably not going to get our server issue fixed tonight. However, we're working right now to get Steam codes mailed out to any of you that pre-ordered the game through us. They'll be going out ASAP, so keep an eye on your email!

Again, we profusely apologize for the delay and any frustration this may have caused. We appreciate your patience, and your passion for the game.

Just got my Steam key! Thanks bunches, Mike!
  • edited April 2012
    The e-mail sent out by TTG has very clear instructions.
  • edited April 2012
    ADavidson wrote: »
    So... when Episode 2 comes out..... will our save files from the Steam version work to continue our story???? Since they're probably in different folders????

Oh, also, I think we should all get the Almost Everything pack for free as compensation. That way I can play a game that works while I wait

I think its for the full season, so we are good there.
  • edited April 2012
    Got my key, later babies :D
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited April 2012
    Geaux wrote: »
    Thanks!! :)
    You're welcome. :)
  • edited April 2012
    got my steam key but what is the point ...if i wanted steam in the 1st place i would have bought it from there and not per-ordered a while back

thanks anyways but am not happy with the service provided
  • edited April 2012
    Dameon2k wrote: »
    It hasn't been buggy for everyone....so you are just going to assume it will be buggy for you or do you have a medium's talent we were all unaware of?

Telltale said it themselves genius! Just need to be able to read not ask a medium. Try learning to....and maybe some retention as well.
  • edited April 2012
    I would like to know this as well, please!
    ADavidson wrote: »
    So... when Episode 2 comes out..... will our save files from the Steam version work to continue our story???? Since they're probably in different folders????

Oh, also, I think we should all get the Almost Everything pack for free as compensation. That way I can play a game that works while I wait
  • edited April 2012
    LeoMoyses wrote: »
    Guess who said that ?

Crash665 UAHUEHAUEUAHE

Where's that Fry picture? I see what you did there.
  • edited April 2012
    Jason6 wrote: »
    So... this compensation of the Steam codes is amazing to you.... provided that TT and everyone else is saying it is a buggy version...basically TT saying 'Go ahead and get that crappy version for free on Us!"

Whoopty frickin do.

Not sure that the version is really that buggy or crappy just yet. People will only post if they have an extreme point of view. "Response Bias" being the technical term.

Also yeah, they could have just flipped us off.

Next time though, release it the midnight before or the morning of the release date please!
  • edited April 2012
    Still no steam code here. Hopefully it comes soon.
  • edited April 2012
    I appreciate y'all sending us Steam codes, but please tell me where to go and how to use them. This is honestly the first game I've ever bought online, so I'd really appreciate some dumbed-down instructions. Thanks!!

The instructions will be in the email with the Steam key.
  • edited April 2012
    Weeksy wrote: »
    Every post you've made is a variation on the same theme - just do it already.

However, I feel it's quite suspect to request a full chargeback on something that you've just admitted utilizing already.

Banks don't do partial chargebacks :) I'll just reorder later and save $20. Thanks FailTale™!
  • edited April 2012
    I just got my code, so hold tight, if you don't have yours yet - you will soon! :)
  • edited April 2012
    Hello Telltale,

I'm more than happy to wait a few days, and would prefer to download from your website. For those of us who pre-ordered, will these "steam keys" affect us?
  • edited April 2012
    still waiting......
  • edited April 2012
    LeoMoyses wrote: »
    Guess who said that ?

Crash665 UAHUEHAUEUAHE

Da Fauqe?
  • edited April 2012
    Just got an e-mail from telltale with a steam key. I guess they're giving up on getting the proprietary version out by the end of the day. Still, decent consolation prize.
  • edited April 2012
    I don't want the whole season from Steam, I don't have Steam on this PC and I hate using clients.

That's not good enough. Is there a way to transfer save files from Steam to TTG version for season 2 or not?
    edited April 2012
    Hello Telltale,

I'm more than happy to wait a few days, and would prefer to download from your website. For those of us who pre-ordered, will these "steam keys" affect us?
    The Steam keys just let you download the game from the Steam client if you want to play it today. If you don't mind waiting, you'll still be able to download the game from your My Telltale games list once it's out.
  • edited April 2012
    Key just came wooo!
  • edited April 2012
    How long ago was this message about steam codes? I'm a bit late to this and haven't recieved anything yet.
  • edited April 2012
    Gennadios wrote: »
    Just got an e-mail from telltale with a steam key. I guess they're giving up on getting the proprietary version out by the end of the day. Still, decent consolation prize.

Yes, they are still having issues with the server, but hope to have it back up soon. Enjoy the game. :D
  • edited April 2012
    Chillforce wrote: »
    Not sure that the version is really that buggy or crappy just yet. People will only post if they have an extreme point of view. "Response Bias" being the technical term.

Also yeah, they could have just flipped us off.

Next time though, release it the midnight before or the morning of the release date please!

To me the whole thing is a flip off...BS Steam codes included.
    You want to compensate me?
    Then give me the game I bought and Ill DL it onto my Mac...and then give me a free copy/version and Ill DL it onto my iPad. Then I may feel a bit compensated.
  • edited April 2012
    Instead of a Steam key they should be giving us all the Almost Everything pack for free instead, so we have something that works to play while we wait
  • edited April 2012
    Received my key. So they're still coming out guys. Don't hate on steam, it's a safe and easy platform.
    I still want to eat some interns though.

"So shines a good deed in a weary world."
  • edited April 2012
    zfan330 wrote: »
    I feel the same way. Fish out of water. All you had to do was blow on Nintendo cartage's when they didnt work right. I have no idea what the code is or what to do with it.
    Haha yeah my thoughts exactly!! I just really got hooked on TWD from the start (of the Tv show at least) and haven't missed a day since. Even read the comics, so I decided to take a leap of faith with this.

If nothing else, it'll hold me over until October when the show starts up again!!

@AtleeUlver: Thanks :)
  • edited April 2012
    tyleroch wrote: »
    How long ago was this message about steam codes? I'm a bit late to this and haven't recieved anything yet.

The Steam keys are being emailed with instructions for those unfamiliar with Steam.
    edited April 2012
    tyleroch wrote: »
    It was only posted a half an hour ago. You should be receiving it soon.
  • edited April 2012
    I'm a little worried now. I want to start installing tonight so I can play it tomorrow when I can, but would love it if I can get the code already.
  • edited April 2012
    Haha yeah my thoughts exactly!! I just really got hooked on TWD from the start (of the Tv show at least) and haven't missed a day since. Even read the comics, so I decided to take a leap of faith with this.

If nothing else, it'll hold me over until October when the show starts up again!!

@AtleeUlver: Thanks :)

You're welcome. :D
  • edited April 2012
    Still waiting for something...
    I'm honestly saddened by this whole experience. The only Tell Tale games I've played before are the Monkey Island ones. And it's been a long time since I've played those. So I preordered Walking Dead just because I've heard good things about some of Tell Tales latest games (ie. Back to the Future). Im not trying to whine or be childish, but it's almost 9:30 here. I really want to play this game before I crash (up at 5am for work). I highly doubt after this that I'll purchase another game from them. Can't download it, and still have no Steam key. Huge disappointment. :(
  • edited April 2012
    Thanks a lot!
    Already got my Steam key and started downloading.
  • edited April 2012
    Sooo... in regards to unbanning someone who mentioned the 'p' word...

'nightlightguy'
  • edited April 2012
    I haven't gotten an email yet... :(
  • edited April 2012
    Jason6 wrote: »
    So... this compensation of the Steam codes is amazing to you.... provided that TT and everyone else is saying it is a buggy version...basically TT saying 'Go ahead and get that crappy version for free on Us!"

Whoopty frickin do.

From what I've seen, most issues can be worked around, if they even present themselves.

Regardless, I'll move on to actually playing the game while the rest of you cry over what has obviously been an unfortunate situation, but has been temporarily resolved with free Steam keys. Too bad some people just like to complain about everything.
  • edited April 2012
    won't have to play anything will download the proper one tomorrow...night guys best of luck
  • edited April 2012
    crofael wrote: »
    I apologize as well for overreacting. As many of you rightly surmised, I am not a PR person. I probably shouldn't be reading through the forums at all, but I was stoked to release the game today and am horribly disappointed that it hasn't been a smooth process.

Again, I'm very sorry about everything and hope that we can make things right.

Hey Crofael,

You seem to be a nice guy. And where you are, it's quite late now, so you might be a bit tired. Please don't take the flaming here personal. It's nice that you try to keep us informed.

And actually it shouldn't be the end of the world, if the release would be delayed for a day or so. But it's of course not very nice either.

However, I do not agree with how TTG is handeling the release:
    1. Why didn't they test ALL processes before? Including the upload...
    2. Why is there no official statement from the higher ups? Are they already at home?
    3. Why do other platforms release the game, before TTG?
    4. If the game is buggy, why setting such an early release day?
    5. Why don't the pre-order people get the game 1 day ahead anymore?

Don't worry, I still like TTG, but you could do better ;)
This discussion has been closed.