Steam Walking Dead Out, TELLTALE version OUT NOW!

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Man it's getting late. 10:30 over here. I got class in the morning. Are the codes almost done being sent?

I have a bad feeling they're going in order of who preordered first. That means when I get mine, everyone should already have theirs already.
  • edited April 2012
    has anybody got the steam keys yet?
  • edited April 2012
    What time did you preorder last night Darth? Cause I may be further down on the list than you lol

I received my confirmation email at 8:20PM Pacific time.
  • edited April 2012
    Mike....Key PLEASE. My brother Michael, got a code already.....please just because he has hte same name...code please
  • edited April 2012
    has anybody got the steam keys yet?

I ordered 2 days ago. I got mine 37 minutes ago. USA/Pennsylvania.

Edit, installing now, but since it's still not what I paid for which they failed to provide, I'm doing a chargeback.

PS: Comments hidden away in the forum is not an 'official' statement. An email is not an official statement. You need at minimum a sticky at the top of this forum, locked, just for this news and subsequent updates.

Thanks FailTale!
  • edited April 2012
    I have a bad feeling they're going in order of who preordered first. That means when I get mine, everyone should already have theirs.

Preordered on Sunday... Well I've waited this long, I can wait a bit more.
  • edited April 2012
    Touche Gman, you are correct
  • edited April 2012
    Jason6 wrote: »
    Make an Alt email just to post that fodder?

Is this supposed to mean that I'm on the dev team and I'm just pretending to be someone being grateful and showing just a little bit of understanding? Jesus Christ, you think the game is late now, just let me near something like that...:eek:

It's not that - I just happen to work in customer service and I know what it's like to think 'If you would just back off for a minute and let me work on it, I could actually get it done.' I'm not saying that they've been in constant contact or anything - but I still say that it can't be fun to know that there are 50+ pages of people that all seem to hate you at the moment. And they're doing the decent thing in the meantime by giving us an alternate way to access the game. It all seems pretty reasonable to me....I don't need to be a pretend person to think that. :)
  • edited April 2012
    I got my steam key. Downloading now, but I would much rather get it though telltale.
  • edited April 2012
    I preordered on the 16th. Still no key.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited April 2012
    hayate111 wrote: »
    Mike....Key PLEASE. My brother Michael, got a code already.....please just because he has hte same name...code please
    The codes are being sent out in batches based on the date you pre-ordered the game.
    Mike wrote: »
    The keys are being sent out in batches, based on order date. Make sure you're checking your spam folder if you're not seeing it.
  • edited April 2012
    The keys are being sent out in batches, based on order date. Make sure you're checking your spam folder if you're not seeing it.

Hmm. Can you post whenever the next batch comes out/how far into the dates you are?
  • edited April 2012
    Well Darth, I got mine at 5 20pm. SO you know as soon as I get mine you should get yours
  • edited April 2012
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Yeah can we have these out soon? I'm glad you guys are taking action, but I need sleep!

No I haven't. If I insulted someone, it will be due to a personal attack on me or a friend of me. I did not insult anyone, I am just telling people to think rationally here and that complaining doesn't help anyone.

You said "insult the people" meaning plural.... to which I said, in the plural "you all". Those that have done so, you or not you, have just as much irrational thought as anyone. If you were so rationally superior you would know that inferring irrationality for being upset, though they have a right to be and this is the place for it, is only going to add fuel to their fire.

Make sense, sensei? It should.
  • edited April 2012
    Jennifer wrote: »
    The codes are being sent out in batches based on the date you pre-ordered the game.

I ordered April 7th.....people have already gotten it that order the game two days ago
  • edited April 2012
    They've been trying to fix this problem all day, they didn't want it nor expect it to happen. At least their giving us steam codes for the game that we could use to play the game now; while most companies would give us dick.

I'd have more fun with dick.
  • edited April 2012
    Is this supposed to mean that I'm on the dev team and I'm just pretending to be someone being grateful and showing just a little bit of understanding? Jesus Christ, you think the game is late now, just let me near something like that...:eek:

It's not that - I just happen to work in customer service and I know what it's like to think 'If you would just back off for a minute and let me work on it, I could actually get it done.' I'm not saying that they've been in constant contact or anything - but I still say that it can't be fun to know that there are 50+ pages of people that all seem to hate you at the moment. And they're doing the decent thing in the meantime by giving us an alternate way to access the game. It all seems pretty reasonable to me....I don't need to be a pretend person to think that. :)

Yup
  • edited April 2012
    still dont have mine
    oh well i do have uni work that i am meant to be doing
    happy to wait
  • edited April 2012
    What issues have you had with Steam and OSX Lion? I've been running Steam on my MacBook Pro with Lion since day one with no issues.
    Haha, now steam is telling me my username never existed!
  • edited April 2012
    though they have a right to be and this is the place for it.

No they don't actually. The game was promised sometime during April 24th PDT. It was still April 24th PDT. Therefor there is no problem there and no need to complain. After that, then everyone has a right to complain.
  • edited April 2012
    hayate111 wrote: »
    I ordered April 7th.....people have already gotten it that order the game two days ago

Perhaps alphabetical by either name or email addy?

My last name begins with B and my email begins with C.
  • edited April 2012
    Aaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddd.................... the Steam version plays like ass. Herky jerky in the woods. Annoying.
  • edited April 2012

Probably would have been a good move to wait until all the Steam keys had been sent out before posting that blog post about good reviews. It's really sad to see the reaction it's gotten.
  • edited April 2012
    ADavidson wrote: »
    So... when Episode 2 comes out..... will our save files from the Steam version work to continue our story???? Since they're probably in different folders????

Oh, also, I think we should all get the Almost Everything pack for free as compensation. That way I can play a game that works while I wait

LOL! Yes, TTG should give us all 1'000'000 USD and 10 sexy virgins (opposite gender!!!) :D
    Actually, I've heard that this episode has a red, blue and green ending, instead of just one. It's meant to be a compensation for us having to wait a full ... some hours!
  • edited April 2012
    Haha, now steam is telling me my username never existed!

Are you sure you using the correct username? Check your emails associated with the account. If you have any saved your username will show up in those. If you are using the correct username and still getting the message; contact Steam support. Support will require a separate username and password from your Steam account. Good luck.
  • edited April 2012
    As a programmer, I understand the pain of things exploding at exactly the wrong time. I imagine the Tell Tale folks are (or will be soon) sleep deprived and fully caffeinated.

Mike, when I activate my Steam Code, does Valve get 30%? Can I just wait a bit longer and save you the money? Tell Tale games are some of the few I don't purchase on Steam. I'd rather you guys keep the extra 30% (minus distribution costs, etc).
  • edited April 2012
    LOL, the STEAM achievements suck donkey balls... they are all

Complete Chapter 1
    Complete Chapter 2

Nothing other than completing a chapter... not much an achievement.
  • edited April 2012

LOL no. I would hope you were more intelligent than they are, and were just posting as I am sure some have to shed good light on TT after all this by making an Alt email, which is what I was joking about.

But if you think giving away a free key to get the game is the compensation that is suitable for you, then by all means get it and go. To me compensation of a code to Steam that TT themselves have stated here on this forum as being a buggy version compared to theirs....is NOT compensation or good will. It is merely passing it on hoping we will go away, and they can taut their glorious achievemnets advertised on their own blog even though screwing their own customers over.
  • edited April 2012
    Jedward wrote: »
    LOL, the STEAM achievements suck donkey balls... they are all

Complete Chapter 1
    Complete Chapter 2

Nothing other than completing a chapter... not much an achievement.

Well achievements have nothing to do with the game. Still weird telltale didn't think up anything for them, but they still don't matter.
  • edited April 2012
    Jedward wrote: »
    I'd have more fun with dick.

LOL, well said sir.
  • edited April 2012
    It is odd that people who pre-ordered a few days ago have their Steam codes already. I pre-ordered on 3/22 and nothing in my email.
  • edited April 2012
    Jason6 wrote: »
    LOL no. I would hope you were more intelligent than they are, and were just posting as I am sure some have to shed good light on TT after all this by making an Alt email, which is what I was joking about.

But if you think giving away a free key to get the game is the compensation that is suitable for you, then by all means get it and go. To me compensation of a code to Steam that TT themselves have stated here on this forum as being a buggy version compared to theirs....is NOT compensation or good will. It is merely passing it on hoping we will go away, and they can taut their glorious achievemnets advertised on their own blog even though screwing their own customers over.

Well said!! Fight the fanboys!
  • edited April 2012
    TTG Is so unprofessional shouldn't they have set everything up and ready before this bull shit... Im heading to bed after taking a day off and waiting the whole day.. I have a right to complain fuck this shit, I tried to be patience but when someone tells me VERY SOON and 10 hours later its still not out thats not very soon and just pisses me off.
  • edited April 2012
    AtleeUlver wrote: »
    Are you sure you using the correct username? Check your emails associated with the account. If you have any saved your username will show up in those. If you are using the correct username and still getting the message; contact Steam support. Support will require a separate username and password from your Steam account. Good luck.

Thanks!
  • edited April 2012
    bpage wrote: »
    As a programmer, I understand the pain of things exploding at exactly the wrong time. I imagine the Tell Tale folks are (or will be soon) sleep deprived and fully caffeinated.

Mike, when I activate my Steam Code, does Valve get 30%? Can I just wait a bit longer and save you the money? Tell Tale games are some of the few I don't purchase on Steam. I'd rather you guys keep the extra 30% (minus distribution costs, etc).

I'm sure many will be getting wasted this weekend if not sooner. :D
  • edited April 2012
    Armand1880 wrote: »
    It is odd that people who pre-ordered a few days ago have their Steam codes already. I pre-ordered on 3/22 and nothing in my email.

That's because this company doesn't care about your business.
  • edited April 2012
    Thanks!

No problem. ;)
  • edited April 2012
    zfan330 wrote: »
    Me 2. Im a fan of all thing zombie. I like comic books. So of course i was into the walking dead. Im hit and miss with the show. Came up on console games and love them. Dont know to much about computers or computer games so all this is alien. So I feel you. Not liking the leap so far. But holding out hope. The delay actually gave me some optimism. I didnt want to deal with the steam problems. But the steam code thing?! Not liking that. Just let me download and play. Do I have to wait a day or a week? anything more then that then maybe Ill try the steam.
    Sometime i really miss colecovision.
    Yeah I have to say that I enjoyed the comics more than the show, but making a show (especially under a bunch of amc a-holes) had to be difficult. You can get away with stuff in a comic world that you can't in a Tv show world.

I'm downloading it off of steam right now; the sign up wasn't too bad. I just want to get an idea of what I'm going to be playing!!
  • edited April 2012
    I Pre-Ordered the game on March 30th. Still no code. They cannot be going by order date if people who ordered two days ago got theirs already. Also, I just came from Game Stop tonight and they have the PSN order for the entire series for $19.99. So much for a better deal pre-ordering on PC with Tell Tale.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited April 2012
    crash665 wrote: »
    Aaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddd.................... the Steam version plays like ass. Herky jerky in the woods. Annoying.
    I'm not sure if it will help, but try setting the exe to Windows XP compatibility mode. That fixed the problems for me in Puzzle Agent 2 through Steam.
This discussion has been closed.