Steam Walking Dead Out, TELLTALE version OUT NOW!

edited April 2012 in The Walking Dead
As soon as it comes out for Telltale's site, we'll let you know. It's out on Steam if you ordered it there.

Thank you.

EDIT: Telltale had a last minute internal server issue.

For those of you who can't wait to play TWD now, check your email. They have sent a STEAM key and you can download it from steam if you purchased it through Telltale's site. They should fix the server issue soon. If you still don't have your key, click here for instructions.

REMEMBER: I am a forum moderator, not staff. My job is to stop fights and get rid of spambots. I know just as much about the ETA on this as you; please don't email me about customer service issues. Thanks.

Comments

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited April 2012
    You tell 'em, div!! :D :D
  • edited April 2012
    Personally, I would've thought that on TellTales own site they would have it up before others. Either way, I will be playing it today, just would've thought they gave people who ordered it through their site an advantage over Steam
  • edited April 2012
    So you actualy serve the people first that grand you 30% less income. ;)
  • edited April 2012
    This sucks it better come out soon...
    edited April 2012
    Ahhh, it could have gone either way.
  • edited April 2012
    DrRadon wrote: »
    So you actualy serve the people first that grand you 30% less income. ;)

Actually it's the company that skims 30% off the top serving people. Gotta have some way of dissuading people from buy directly from the developer after all, right?
  • edited April 2012
    I hate to say it, but I don't think I'll be ordering through TT anymore. At the very least I would appreciate a time-frame or a countdown timer like Steam does. What's the point of pre-ordering when it's already 1:20pm where I'm at and I still can't access the game?
  • edited April 2012
    wow, only reason i got it off the site was because I thought they will release it first.. fucking fail.... should have gotten it on steam...
  • edited April 2012
    MrNoodle wrote: »
    I hate to say it, but I don't think I'll be ordering through TT anymore. At the very least I would appreciate a time-frame or a countdown timer like Steam does. What's the point of pre-ordering when it's already 1:20pm where I'm at and I still can't access the game?

I second this. If I had known we'd be waiting now I would never have ordered direct.

What positive benefit could this of possibly had for TT?
    edited April 2012
    b0xt wrote: »
    I second this. If I had known we'd be waiting now I would never have ordered direct.

It's been a fricking five minutes! OUTRAGEOUS! ;)
  • edited April 2012
    Steam releasing first is a very rare thing in Telltale's game history (in fact this could be the first time it's happened, but not 100% sure).
  • edited April 2012
    b0xt wrote: »

agreed... this was my first direct order.. and most likely my last from this developer. i could have waited to use my money on my xbox or ps3 at least. this is a major ball drop here
  • edited April 2012

I think if you get people hyped up every minute is of interest.
  • edited April 2012
    5 minutes is like 5 years in gamer years! :mad::p
    edited April 2012
    Steam releasing first is a very rare thing in Telltale's game history (in fact this could be the first time it's happened, but not 100% sure).

No, probably not the first time. But I think it's more frequent that TTG releases first. The present situation seems a bit unknown to me, while I've witnessed far more release days when people from the Steam forums suddenly popped in here and started crying. ;)

But what the heck, it's an episodic series. It's 1 : 0 for Steam vs. Telltale, but it's best of five. :D
  • edited April 2012
    Some of you need to gain some perspective...
  • edited April 2012
    Think of the free disc!
  • edited April 2012

Yeah, I know, we haven't been waiting hours, but the time isn't the point. 1 minute or 3 days, TT's own game should release way earlier than anywhere else. It's weird to me that TT's games are never available at midnight either, but that's another discussion.

Plus, just cause it's only been a short amount of time now, who knows how long it'll take. They don't even give us a time-frame or anything. For those of us that pre-ordered it pretty early, it sucks just to have no communication on the matter at all.
  • edited April 2012
    Especially considering the Steam version has achievements as well.... Doesn't look like TTG preorderers get anything special this go round
  • edited April 2012
    Just mildly curious here...

The game is obviously ready for release, what is keeping TTG from making it available?
  • edited April 2012
    No, probably not the first time. But I think it's more frequent that TTG releases first. The present situation seems a bit unknown to me, while I've witnessed far more release days where people from the Steam forums suddenly popped in here and started crying. ;)

But what the heck, it's an episodic series. It's 1 : 0 for Steam vs. Telltale, but it's best of five. :D

kudos for the honest opinion on that at least. i am only annoyed because i got up early to do a refresher course before i could play.. i expected the game a bit ago but whatever. already spent the money. :cool:
  • edited April 2012
    Our build of the game is coming VERY SOON. I know the short delay sucks, but it's a slightly different build and it needs to be fully uploaded to our CDN before you can download it. We definitely appreciate your patience.
  • edited April 2012
    Pretty lame. I only pre-ordered through TT because it wasn't available on Steam at the time. Figured getting an entry into the contest was worth giving TT a try. Then, it releases on Steam, and they get entry to the contest as well, and even get first access.

Wish I had waited just a couple more days. I'd be much happier had I purchased through Steam.
    Mike wrote: »
    Our build of the game is coming VERY SOON. I know the short delay sucks

That's very vague. Is it coming today? If you know the short delay sucks, how about you help manage our expectations with a bit more info?
  • edited April 2012
    Our build of the game is coming VERY SOON. I know the short delay sucks, but it's a slightly different build and it needs to be fully uploaded to our CDN before you can download it. We definitely appreciate your patience.

I dont think any of us are patient right now lol:eek::eek:
  • edited April 2012
    So it´s only a matter of uploading a 500mb file than? Nice.
  • edited April 2012
    Mike are we talking a matter of minutes or about an hour? I'm in the UK and it's almost 7 and I need to know what's happening. Thanks
  • edited April 2012

Cool. That's all I was hoping for. At least an update on the situation is nice to have. I'm hoping that "VERY SOON" means within the hour and not "We don't know so we'll tell you 'very soon.'" Thanks for the update though.
  • edited April 2012
    MrNoodle wrote: »
    Cool. That's all I was hoping for. At least an update on the situation is nice to have. Thanks!

I agree
  • edited April 2012
    Thank you for satisfying my curiosity, Mike :)
  • edited April 2012
    I can't give an exact time frame at the moment, but it's being worked on.
  • edited April 2012

The first one was POKER NIGHT... and they gave us a Steam code.

Ahem.
  • edited April 2012
    I should have preordered. It's already here.

Steam told of it's release. But no-one wanted to believe, believe it would on Steam first, and when the truth finally dawned, it dawned in STEAM.

But, there is one they fear, in their tongue they are Telltale-ites... TELLTALE FORUMS.

(This just means I forgot to preorder and now I'm suffering for it)

Whoops.
  • edited April 2012
    I can't give an exact time frame at the moment, but it's being worked on.

thanks-for-the-info.jpg
  • edited April 2012
    nomecopies wrote: »
    The first one was POKER NIGHT... and they gave us a Steam code.

Ahem.

Fine, but the Steam code was for the TF2 items and not because it was released there first.
  • edited April 2012

Is it possible to cancell the order this late? Back when i preordered it it wasn't available on Steam, and i would like to have it there along with most of my other games.
  • edited April 2012
    I hear that more and more people have issues with the game that they bought at Steam, so now i'm glad i'm pre-ordered it here.
  • edited April 2012
    What's with the many "lames" posted around here? Did this place turn into a forum for prepubescent teenies?
  • edited April 2012
    People are being ruthless. I understand the frustration, but TT is probably under a lot of stress just trying to get the game on their website and the bashing isn't helping. True, I'm disappointed I could be playing right now but getting mad isn't gonna help and I guarantee you won't even care that you had to wait once it comes out. Either way, I'm stoked and can't wait!
  • edited April 2012
    Danny_HR wrote: »
    Is it possible to cancell the order this late? Back when i preordered it it wasn't available on Steam, and i would like to have it there along with most of my other games.

I believe it should be possible as long as you don't download and activate the version from here. Also it must be noted that it would probably take a few days for the refund to get processed and you get your money back as it's not an automated thing. You'd either have to contact a TTG employee on here or send them an e-mail to get the ball rolling.
  • edited April 2012
    Look, think of this as an extra hour or so to pre-order at the 10% off price, enter the contest, and be rewarded with a less broken version of the game.
This discussion has been closed.