Steam Walking Dead Out, TELLTALE version OUT NOW!

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Fine, but the Steam code was for the TF2 items and not because it was released there first.

There was a Steam code for the hats and so, but when the game didn't appeared on TTG site and was available on steam, the code also unlocked the game on our steam accounts.
    Can't remember it exactly, but I think it was something like that.
  • edited April 2012
    this is very disappointing don't think I will be ordering directly from telltale again
  • edited April 2012
    People are being ruthless. I understand the frustration, but TT is probably under a lot of stress just trying to get the game on their website and the bashing isn't helping. True, I'm disappointed I could be playing right now but getting mad isn't gonna help and I guarantee you won't even care that you had to wait once it comes out. Either way, I'm stoked and can't wait!

Wisely post. ;)
  • edited April 2012
    mike what about the xbox market place will that come out the same time as the pc release or is that a different day
  • edited April 2012
    Could we all just have a nice tall cup of calm the hell down? It'll get here when it gets here, it's like they're going to pull a duke nukem forever on us. :p
  • edited April 2012
    nomecopies wrote: »
    There was a Steam code for the hats and so, but when the game didn't appeared on TTG site and was available on steam, the code also unlocked the game on our steam accounts.
    Can't remember it exactly, but I think it was something like that.

The Steam code was so that people got a Steam version as well as the TTG version because late on they realised that they wouldn't be able to get their version linked up with Steam so that when you unlock one of the TF2 items in the game it would be unlocked in TF2 as well. That is why they gave Steam copies to everyone who bought the TTG version, not because of release times.
  • edited April 2012
    All I have to say is this. Mike, Telltale team

YOU BETTER PICK CONTEST WINNERS FROM YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS!!!!

I don't care if you have to be underhanded, don't pick any Steam customers lol Give us some redemption here!
  • edited April 2012
    It is coming out today be patient seriously. How big of a first world problem is this? The game will be released during the times they said it would be they posted a few messages about it being during normal working hours PST. Now steam might have got it first and they might have had a counter that said 1 hour, but it will be out soon. Go for a walk around the block or take a shower, they are working, just wait.
  • edited April 2012
    bo0berry wrote: »
    mike what about the xbox market place will that come out the same time as the pc release or is that a different day

nobody seems to know for sure, but the most logical guess is tomorrow, at least thats what im crossing my fingers for :D
  • edited April 2012
    from what im seeing and hearin steam is having some issues anyways so i guess im glad.
  • edited April 2012
    i just thought they were all talking about the pc version i just want to get it on my xbox did not know if it was a different release date
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited April 2012
    bo0berry wrote: »

Do you intend to ask that question again and again until you get a different answer than "tomorrow"? ;)
  • edited April 2012
    o sorry i did not see the tomorrow. so i did not under stand. i can wait a year i just asked.
  • edited April 2012
    No, probably not the first time. But I think it's more frequent that TTG releases first. The present situation seems a bit unknown to me, while I've witnessed far more release days when people from the Steam forums suddenly popped in here and started crying. ;)

But what the heck, it's an episodic series. It's 1 : 0 for Steam vs. Telltale, but it's best of five. :D

all i know is that my friend ordered off steam...and he is playing your game before i am right next to me...last time i "cut out the middle man" when i order...WE ALL SHALL GET ZOMBIE CAMEOS AS COMPENSATION!!!
  • edited April 2012
    It's been 53min... ;@!!!
  • edited April 2012
    ADavidson wrote: »
    all i have to say is this. Mike, telltale team

you better pick contest winners from your loyal customers!!!!

I don't care if you have to be underhanded, don't pick any steam customers lol give us some redemption here!

yes!!
  • edited April 2012
    I laugh at all this angst. Will love it if every other episode is released here first. Then you'll see the other side cry, with lots of "why isn't it on Steam yet" as usually happens.

Not helpful I know, but I'm just passing the time.
  • edited April 2012
    will it be out soon? i've been waiting all day and have'nt gotten any information?
  • edited April 2012
    Look, think of this as an extra hour or so to pre-order at the 10% off price, enter the contest, and be rewarded with a less broken version of the game.

Steam users got the same discount, and entered in the contest. But if our version isn't bugged, it's worth it.
  • edited April 2012
    Tails89 wrote: »
    Steam users got the same discount, and entered in the contest. But if our version isn't bugged, it's worth it.

I have a feeling it IS bugged, and that's why they're delaying their DRM-free installer download
  • edited April 2012
    I just took my own advice and got in a last minute pre-order. Please don't turn out to be another Jurassic Park.
  • edited April 2012
    I'll just wait patiently for it to become available here...

..and hope the issues Steam users are seeing are not main game problems.
  • edited April 2012
    Tails89 wrote: »

my friend is playing it from steam right next to me, no bugs, its running fine..(but i did make him put headphones in so the story doesn't get ruined) -_-
  • edited April 2012
    My first post was right when I woke up dued to annoyance,

but everybody, Maybe Re watch an episode or 2 of the walking dead? or go masturbate to kill 5 more mins, Instead of just waiting and waiting and getting frustrated.

Telltalegames knows how much and how bad we want it!!
  • edited April 2012
    31.3% people in Steam already finished the episode. How's that possible? It hasn't been out two hours!
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited April 2012
    What?? Not even an hour!
  • edited April 2012
    It's less than 500MB nome
  • edited April 2012
    There are still possible future advantages for being a Telltale customer. For instance, I would imagine some sort of disc release for the PC/Mac version will happen but it could take one of a few forms based on previous releases. One possibility is a simple collector's disc which should (if it happens) be available for free only for Telltale customers. Another possibility is a deluxe edition which would have a game disc as well as other assorted & related goodies which would supposedly be available at a discount to existing Telltale customers.

Now this is all guess work based on previous releases as they've not confirmed what they are doing for this once all the episodes are released but I don't think it's too much to hope for.
  • edited April 2012
    31.3% people in Steam already finished the episode. How's that possible? It hasn't been out two hours!

31.3% of Steam players got early review copies?
  • edited April 2012

:eek:

and here we are still waiting on it
  • edited April 2012
    nateman12 wrote: »
    my friend is playing it from steam right next to me, no bugs, its running fine..(but i did make him put headphones in so the story doesn't get ruined) -_-
    That doesn't make me feel better. ;) The issues may be specific system/component + main game related and your friend has a different setup.

Just sayin
  • edited April 2012

They must be skipping dialogue.
  • edited April 2012
    Mike wrote: »
    I can't give an exact time frame at the moment, but it's being worked on.

Mike are you able to check PMs? I know you must be busy!
  • edited April 2012
    The episodes are only about 2hrs, could be shorter or longer depending on dialog, exploration and choices. Sounds about right
  • edited April 2012

That's truth.

theendr.jpg
  • edited April 2012
    Don't really understand..are some people downloading from tt already? If so..what am I doing wrong??
  • edited April 2012
    it's the 24th. Wheres my game?
  • edited April 2012
    ((trish)) wrote: »
    Don't really understand..are some people downloading from tt already? If so..what am I doing wrong??

no people who bought it through steam can download it
  • edited April 2012
    ((trish)) wrote: »

We ordered from TT, that's what we did wrong

more than a 3rd of the ppl who bought thru steam have already finished their first playthrough!
  • edited April 2012
    Anyone know how to go about getting a refund? I'm gonna buy through steam...
This discussion has been closed.