Steam Walking Dead Out, TELLTALE version OUT NOW!

Comments

• edited April 2012
    nateman12 wrote: »

(just wish my roommate would take his steam version somewhere else!!) lol

Same here, My brother also got steam.. Its painfull watching him play while i can't lol. Why do big brothers always win! >:O
  • edited April 2012
    *commences arguement* Daryl is a better actor than any comic book!

Tell me a comic book who works as an actor. :D:D
  • edited April 2012
    why not?

on steam i paid for something and i will get ist early most directly.

But do not worry, I've just bought From Dust on steam

OMFG! Just kidding. Do what feels best.
  • edited April 2012
    Just for those who are unaware of basic laws here:

Although piracy may seem like a non-offense due to the intangibility of the items in mention, it is still considered stealing. In the case of the comment which was removed if anybody saw it; just because you paid 4 weeks ago for a single copy does not entitle you to download a secondary, illegal source.

To put it into perspective imagine this: You are at a record store (because you somehow found one) and you purchase an album. Now that purchase does not entitle you to take a second of the same album and walk out of the store without paying.

Thus pirating is illegal regardless of what you paid for.
  • edited April 2012
    I've noticed that the only people who are complaining are new users who made accounts solely to complain. People who HAVE bought a Telltale Game before know that this sort of thing happens all the time.

Not true, to buy a game you need to have an account so if they created accounts just to complain they haven't bought the game then.
  • edited April 2012
    Isn't Monkey Island all about software Piracy???

;op
  • edited April 2012
    cormoran wrote: »
    I'm not the one who doesnt understand how to convey basic concepts.
    Calling a rounded third "more than a third" is still an odd way to round.
  • edited April 2012
    The_Ripper wrote: »
    Tell me a comic book who works as an actor. :D:D

I knew one comic book who tried to make it as an actor, moved to LA and everything, said he was going to make it big, make it big on his own, last i heard he had fallen in with bad people, and was hiring himself as a pamphlet just to score some ink.
  • edited April 2012
    I've noticed that the only people who are complaining are new users who made accounts solely to complain. People who HAVE bought a Telltale Game before know that this sort of thing happens all the time.

I've purchased plenty of TT games. And saying "it happens all the time" isn't really an ringing endorsement of TT.
  • edited April 2012
    MrNoodle wrote: »
    To everyone saying that they should go watch The Walking Dead while they wait, don't. Read the comics. They're better. The acting in the show is terrible.

We can argue over that instead of math.

Can't we love both? I do. Sure there are things I dislike on the show but surprise there are a couple things I don't like in the comics. Both are damn good though and have pros and cons.
  • edited April 2012
    PainDealer wrote: »
    Not true, to buy a game you need to have an account so if they created accounts just to complain they haven't bought the game then.

+ Rep, Thank you. This is true :p
  • edited April 2012
    Shhh.. patience people.
  • edited April 2012
    POCKoCLOCK wrote: »
    I guess its bad enough that their games are in these bullshit "episodes" and they cant release like every other game does...complete, but they cant even deliver on time. I can care less about telltale, i only want it because its The Walking Dead. I never thought it would show up as slow as the dead.

That adds to the realism I think...
    Everyone got a plan? I've got a pizza and some soda. Bringing friends over as well. We're going to play every permutation of this first episode today.
  • edited April 2012
    Just for those who are unaware of basic laws here:

Although piracy may seem like a non-offense due to the intangibility of the items in mention, it is still considered stealing. In the case of the comment which was removed if anybody saw it; just because you paid 4 weeks ago for a single copy does not entitle you to download a secondary, illegal source.

To put it into perspective imagine this: You are at a record store (because you somehow found one) and you purchase an album. Now that purchase does not entitle you to take a second of the same album and walk out of the store without paying.

Thus pirating is illegal regardless of what you paid for.

Well Holland has the rule. When you own the "real" copy. You can download it. ;)
  • edited April 2012
    ADavidson wrote: »
    Isn't Monkey Island all about software Piracy???

;op

Yarr you win! :D
  • edited April 2012
    MrNoodle wrote: »
    I've purchased plenty of TT games. And saying "it happens all the time" isn't really an ringing endorsement of TT.

Does buying the Almost Everything Pack count aswell?
  • edited April 2012
    Steam = 1

TTG = Fail
  • edited April 2012
    OMG! Guys! Get a grip! You will have the game in the next 24hs, and happily playing away! TTG can't help it if Steam puts the game out first. Is it really that life-threatening to NOT play this game for a few more hours? :) Is it that annoying that others start to play before you? Really?! Relax! ;)
  • edited April 2012
    I am pretty sure that the laws would apply to where the content is licensed to, which in this case a company based in the U.S.
  • edited April 2012
    Well...ima play LoL...tierd of waiting
  • edited April 2012
    Is there some sort of ETA for this game yet?
  • edited April 2012
    Damn, I am going to be late to work now. Damn you TTG for making me late for work by exasperating my TWD addiction.
  • edited April 2012
    Calling a rounded third "more than a third" is still an odd way to round.

Like i said, Humans aren't Spock or Data. You expecting them to get it exactly perfect down to decimal points is only going to result in you being constantly let down.

Now, where's the bloody game?
  • edited April 2012
  • edited April 2012
    Look at the bright side guys. The Telltale site and forums are up unlike when Screaming Narwhal came out. That time TTG servers just melted and there was no info at all.
  • edited April 2012
    Mike wrote: »
    It's still being worked on and the TTG release will be up ASAP. I know you all want a concrete timeframe, but I don't have one to offer at the moment. I do apologize for the delay.

With that said, there will be NO discussion of software piracy in this or any other thread. Don't do it. This is a zero tolerance policy here.

You must have missed my message. Can we ask for a refund now, or is it too late?

I would like to have the game on Steam where i have most of my games.
  • edited April 2012
    ---___---
  • edited April 2012
    i can understand the european customer frustration. i would be pissed if it was 10pm right now and i had to wait until the following day too. but, at the same time, normal business hours pst means just that. you knew this when you ordered it. when i had to go through the fallout operation anchorage dlc debacle, i realized that these things happen. that day i took the day off work and ms didn't get it out until the following day. i was livid. at least today i have the day off so i'll get to play it tonight. i just feel bad for my neighbors across the pond.
  • edited April 2012
    jannar85 wrote: »

Your braking my balls.
  • edited April 2012
    As soon as it comes out for Telltale's site, we'll let you know. It's out on Steam if you ordered it there.

Thank you.

do we have an eta? minutes,hours, days? even rough is fine
  • edited April 2012
    Mike wrote: »
    It's still being worked on and the TTG release will be up ASAP. I know you all want a concrete timeframe, but I don't have one to offer at the moment. I do apologize for the delay.

With that said, there will be NO discussion of software piracy in this or any other thread. Don't do it. This is a zero tolerance policy here.

Can we get a bit in the way of a serious explanation as to why the game wasn't ready to deploy yesterday? It should have been done on the 23rd if you wanted to release it on the 24th. This really is unacceptable and will significantly harm your profit. There's already quite a few people discussing refunds. I expected my copy to be out this morning when I woke up(5 AM CST). Video game releases should be done at midnight; all major developers do it this way.

When people come to expect something and change happens, it will result in a negative reaction.
  • edited April 2012
    i've been playing ttg games for years now so i know the quality of what we're about to get into. they are one of the few companys keeping the adventure game genre alive. i grew up playing primarily only adventure games so it's nice to see that a comic that i love is making the transition into my favorite gaming genre. waiting or not, i'm excited. althought i wish i was playing already, getting angry isn't going to start the game any sooner. if anything, i'd just be irritated when i do finally get to play it. time to remain positive and patient and let the anticipation well up until it explodes all over the place in a hot and sticky climax of... err... i lost my train of thought...
  • edited April 2012
    Actually in the USA as well. Anything you own usership rights to, you have a right to personal copies as long as you aren't giving them out or selling them.

The reason torrents are illegal is if you are a "good seeder" and have 1:1 ratio you have technically distributed a "WHOLE COPY" of said material, thus causing it to be illegal.
    If you just leech off of it, upload a minute amount of data, you are technically not breaking the law.

There's a lot more to read about, but look into it. All kinds of technicalities and whatnot.

I'm not advocating piracy whatsoever, just saying everyone who purchases any media content has a right to personal copies so their original is not in danger. I always copied casettes, CDs, and even DVDs so I wouldn't scratch or ruin the originals. Cuz then I wouldn't be able to use my purchased content. Do the record companies send you a new copy when yours is scratched and doesn't work anymore?????

I think not.
  • edited April 2012
    Damn, I am going to be late to work now. Damn you TTG for making me late for work by exasperating my TWD addiction.

Just quit your job. Better than missing the chance to play this game. I might buy two copies of it if the game takes too much longer to release.
  • edited April 2012
    I knew one comic book who tried to make it as an actor, moved to LA and everything, said he was going to make it big, make it big on his own, last i heard he had fallen in with bad people, and was hiring himself as a pamphlet just to score some ink.

So sad... it's a slippery slope - starting on a low print-run soft cover and before you know it they're into hardcover compendiums.
  • edited April 2012
    ADavidson wrote: »
    Actually in the USA as well. Anything you own usership rights to, you have a right to personal copies as long as you aren't giving them out or selling them.

The reason torrents are illegal is if you are a "good seeder" and have 1:1 ratio you have technically distributed a "WHOLE COPY" of said material, thus causing it to be illegal.
    If you just leech off of it, upload a minute amount of data, you are technically not breaking the law.

There's a lot more to read about, but look into it. All kinds of technicalities and whatnot.

I'm not advocating piracy whatsoever, just saying everyone who purchases any media content has a right to personal copies so their original is not in danger. I always copied casettes, CDs, and even DVDs so I wouldn't scratch or ruin the originals. Cuz then I wouldn't be able to use my purchased content. Do the record companies send you a new copy when yours is scratched and doesn't work anymore?????

I think not.

I can't wait for the bizarre future where people are disallowed from personally singing music in the privacy of their own home. That day will come, and it will be hilarious to see.
  • edited April 2012
    Chillforce wrote: »
    Just quit your job. Better than missing the chance to play this game. I might buy two copies of it if the game takes too much longer to release.

This is the best post in this thread so far.
    Continue.
  • edited April 2012
    Chillforce wrote: »
    I can't wait for the bizarre future where people are disallowed from personally singing music in the privacy of their own home. That day will come, and it will be hilarious to see.

I can't wait for the next Revolutionary War.... The militias are forming
  • edited April 2012
    silver42 wrote: »
    OMG! Guys! Get a grip! You will have the game in the next 24hs, and happily playing away! TTG can't help it if Steam puts the game out first. Is it really that life-threatening to NOT play this game for a few more hours? :) Is it that annoying that others start to play before you? Really?! Relax! ;)

I have a fever, and the cure is this video game!

The fever will only increase over time. I will lose my appetite and my bones will ache. If this game isn't released before 5 CST, I will die. On the positive side, I will rise again as a zombie and won't need the game because the premise is now reality!
  • edited April 2012
    Clord wrote: »
    Posting same message to long threads over and over again is a bad habit. Please drop it.

I only clicked post once then my computer froze..it was accidental. That is why I only edited one of the two.

ps...don't be a dick.
This discussion has been closed.