Steam Walking Dead Out, TELLTALE version OUT NOW!

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Be happy it isn't released on Telltales site yet. Look at the lower threads there are about 8 threads dedicated to steam problems with the walking dead so don't ask for a refund just so you can buy the faulty test copy that steam received this morning. Telltale customers are most likely getting a prepatched copy
  • edited April 2012
    ok so i seen its on steam not on ttg site but i dont see anyone talking about the xbox release any info is appruciated
  • edited April 2012
    Be happy it isn't released on Telltales site yet. Look at the lower threads there are about 8 threads dedicated to steam problems with the walking dead so don't ask for a refund just so you can buy the faulty test copy that steam received this morning. Telltale customers are most likely getting a prepatched copy

You think? That would suck balls. I wanna play!
  • edited April 2012
    It's a bit disappointing, to say the least, that a customer who orders directly from the company behind a game to support it gets "penalized" for doing so.
    You would expect that the game would be made available at the same time (or before) other retail channels, but the truth is the game is out on Steam for a few hours by now, and still no sign of the game.

It wouldn't bother me much, except I was looking forward to play the game a bit tonight, since tomorrow is a national holiday, but it's already night here in Europe, and as the hours pass it seems I won't be able to do so.

Hopefully this won't happen in the future.
  • edited April 2012
    ok so i seen its on steam not on ttg site but i dont see anyone talking about the xbox release any info is appruciated

It releases tomorrow.
  • edited April 2012
    Funktion wrote: »
    It's a bit disappointing, to say the least, that a customer who orders directly from the company behind a game to support it gets "penalized" for doing so.
    You would expect that the game would be made available at the same time (or before) other retail channels, but the truth is the game is out on Steam for a few hours by now, and still no sign of the game.

It wouldn't bother me much, except I was looking forward to play the game a bit tonight, since tomorrow is a national holiday, but it's already night here in Europe, and as the hours pass it seems I won't be able to do so.

Hopefully this won't happen in the future.

I heared this is the first time it happend. Always gotta be a first time.
  • edited April 2012
    Hey, at least you're not trying to moderate and do cubic regressions at the same time.

Don't drink and derive :)

Hope to play over my lunch break in a while, but patience is best.
  • edited April 2012
    really sucks i want to get my money back even if i have to pay 50cents more to get it on steam. wtf TT???
  • edited April 2012
    Well, now that I know I could have been signed up for the sontest even through Steam... Steam is definitely getting my money when Fables comes out. Sorry TT, but no more direct buys for you... I'd rather have the game come out when they SAY it's coming out...

Buh.
  • edited April 2012

true. i would be so much angrier if i got a copy that i couldn't play. i'd rather not have it at all if that was the case. think how you'd feel if you bought something right before a store closed only to find out that it was missing a vital component thus rendering it usless until the store reopened the following day. i, for one, would rather just sit on my hands and wait.
  • edited April 2012
    Kenneloth wrote: »
    Your braking my balls.

Work done :) Did it work? ;)
    Actually, Kenneth, you're already playing TWD.
  • edited April 2012
    Yeah, no kidding. I've been supporting Telltale since Bone, and deliberately chose to pre-order directly from TTG because that's what I've always done except for console versions. Because I wasn't sure about this game, I waited. But I pre-ordered today, only to find out afterwards that if I'd got it from Steam I could already be playing. None too pleased.
  • edited April 2012
    jannar85 wrote: »
    Work done :) Did it work? ;)
    Actually, Kenneth, you're already playing TWD.

I wish I was. ;)
  • edited April 2012
    im just gonna add a little point "YOU DROPPED THE BALL TELLTALE BIG TIME" with this bs
  • edited April 2012
    im just gonna add a little point "YOU DROPPED THE BALL TELLTALE BIG TIME" with this bs

Congratz
  • edited April 2012
    Oh, how I miss the days when waiting for an episode was actually fun! People played forum games in the waiting thread and posted fan art while enjoying the wait... ah, good old times. Now Telltale makes games of big mainstream franchises, with the downside of attracting all possible scum(m) and human waste to the forums...
  • edited April 2012
    Oh, how I miss the days when waiting for an episode was actually fun! People played forum games in the waiting thread and posted fan art while enjoying the wait... ah, good old times. Now Telltale makes games of big mainstream franchises, with the downside of attracting all possible scum(m) and human waste to the forums...

This right here.
  • edited April 2012

I miss those days too. Too much entitlement, nowadays.
  • edited April 2012
    This thread is moving fast:
    Mike wrote: »
    Our build of the game is coming VERY SOON. I know the short delay sucks, but it's a slightly different build and it needs to be fully uploaded to our CDN before you can download it. We definitely appreciate your patience.
  • edited April 2012
    Because some how all of us bitching and moaning is actually going to get it released from their site faster?

Any one who was around for BTTF knows how crazy the releases can be, all of you asking for refunds are idiots.
  • edited April 2012
    tobar wrote: »
    This thread is moving fast:

Well it kills time reading flame comments.
  • edited April 2012
    I miss those days too. Too much entitlement, nowadays.

You probably would miss the days of slavery too. Yeah, too much entitlement these days
  • edited April 2012

I've never played a Telltale game, I am here because I like walking dead, but I personally think this whole getting mad because its not out exactly on 4/24 is pretty lame. It will be here, just be excited for it.
  • edited April 2012

True. I've been sharing some of them with a friend of mine. :p
  • edited April 2012
    I've noticed that the only people who are complaining are new users who made accounts solely to complain. People who HAVE bought a Telltale Game before know that this sort of thing happens all the time.
    So, if we buy our games from TT regularly, we'll have low expectations like you? No thanks.

The issue is, a downloadable version of the game is already released and beaten by gamers on Steam, yet those who supported this company directly (my first telltale game ever), are still waiting, with no clear expectations.

I'm not angry about it, but I am a bit surprised by the development, and, as I do buy 95% of my games through Steam, yes, I am still regretting not ordering from Steam. I'm not alone in that either.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited April 2012

Yup, I say no more Telltale games on Steam. And give us the Season DVD back. Concerning the fan art... well, it would have been gruesome stuff in this case, wouldn't it? Although Irishmile DID deliver great art...
  • edited April 2012
    How about an update on the status of the game? I'm looking at you TT! This is a joke and an insult to your customers. Get your s*** together. Out
  • edited April 2012
    tobar wrote: »
    True. I've been sharing some of them with a friend of mine. :p

So you can both have a great time! Hehe. :D
  • edited April 2012
    Patience is a virtue. And it's not like we've been anticipating today's specific date for months. If I'd known it was coming out on April 24th around, say, February 24th I might have tried to rearrange my schedule. :) I'll be happy if it's available by Thursday night when I will have a couple of contiguous free hours to play it.
  • edited April 2012
    So for two dollars more I could have purchased this game on steam. That means I could be playing right now before I have to go to work. I'm not irate, but I am very disappointed. This will greatly effect how I spend my money with your company in the future. Maybe an apology is in order. If you value my money, then think about it, and correct your self accordingly.
  • edited April 2012

haha ain't that the truth. the only reason i'm still perusing this particular forum is because my usual daily forums are dead at the moment... mostly in anticipation of this games release. i wish i had monkey island readily available to get psyched up for today's adventure game. oh well.
  • edited April 2012
    I wait until all 5 Episodes of TWD and after i download all Installer i will delete my TTG Account again. I dont support such kind of work.

TWD is the first game from TTG and was the last one

Lawl. Go do that then. Bye bye! :)
  • edited April 2012
    Meh, I don't want a refund. They'd get my money either way... I just wish I had some guarantee that I'd get the game before my girl got home. She wants to check it out, too... it was part of our "stay at home" plans for the night.

I mean, I have Skyrim to default to otherwise... No need to be truly impatient.
  • edited April 2012
    I wait until all 5 Episodes of TWD and after i download all Installer i will delete my TTG Account again. I dont support such kind of work.

TWD is the first game from TTG and was the last one
    Couldn't you delete it right away, you spoiled brat? It would be better for everyone :)
  • edited April 2012
    Any one who was around for BTTF knows how crazy the releases can be, all of you asking for refunds are idiots.

Haha that was hilarious those who pre-ordered couldn't unlock it. Small bug in the system :D
  • edited April 2012
    Couldn't you delete it right away, you spoiled brat? It would be better for everyone :)

/agree
  • edited April 2012
    Moragami wrote: »
    So, if we buy our games from TT regularly, we'll have low expectations like you? No thanks.

The issue is, a downloadable version of the game is already released and beaten by gamers on Steam, yet those who supported this company directly (my first telltale game ever), are still waiting, with no clear expectations.

I'm not angry about it, but I am a bit surprised by the development, and, as I do buy 95% of my games through Steam, yes, I am still regretting not ordering from Steam. I'm not alone in that either.

So basically what you're saying is, you'd rather have bought your game from steam so you could have been one of those percentages of people to have beaten it within an hour time frame? Sounds like a waste of a good 20 bucks to me.. I'd rather wait, have the problems reviewed and fixed, then take my time enjoying the game.. Back to repetitive L4D2 for you.. (Nothing against the game, playing it currently.)
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited April 2012
    Laser... would you turn down the personal insults, please?
  • edited April 2012
    If only I had your patience...
  • edited April 2012
    PainDealer wrote: »
    Haha that was hilarious those who pre-ordered couldn't unlock it. Small bug in the system :D

/fail
This discussion has been closed.