Steam Walking Dead Out, TELLTALE version OUT NOW!

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Hey, I have a great idea! Let's kill some time on TTG's TF2 server!

(assuming it's up)

EDIT: It's up! Any takers?
  • edited April 2012
    I been a TTG addict for many years, and although they have a "unique" style when it comes to release dates, in the long run who cares about the extra few hours?? You'll get your game. The way everyones talking its like you think they are all sitting in the offices laughing at us suckers they have so much control over.

Think about it, Steam got theirs this morning? as stated in a post a few pages back, look at all the threads about steam game issues. We know from the occasional minor delays and pushed back release dates that TTG is working on these games till the minute they go out. Steam probably rushed for an early morning release this morning and deadline forced them to give up a bug filled first draft (god forbid the steam countdown timer hits zero and theres no game yet, somethings better than nothing afterall steam didnt make the game). They now take the final hours they needed, and possibly some feedback from these forum error posts, fix things and provide the people on their site with a primo grade A copy, because steams not riding their back to release in TTG.com and they have time to do it right.

and when did steam start swingin TTG games anyway? I know its been a while but ever since the BttF releases the steam gamers have just been annoying... I've been "a waiter" since Monkey Island and I'm sure other long time forum goers will agree when I say that if it wasnt for these strange release dates, I would have never found this forum and the awesome benefits that come along with it. Sure, we bitch and moan for a week or so before the game gets released, but especially during the 5 episode stretch of BttF, I realized that the forum wasn't just a place to complain to the developers, but also a place to state your opinions and thoughts and ideas about whats happening and even what path the game should take in the future.

I'll always be "a waiter". Sometimes I complain, but in the end I'm usually very happy.
    Afterall... it is a Telltale Game, it'll be worth it...

Edit: 69th post ;)
  • edited April 2012
    Beukeboom wrote: »
    2811246957_OhYOU_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

Thanks for making my day! <3
  • edited April 2012
    ted12 wrote: »
    Hey, I have a great idea! Let's kill some time on TTG's TF2 server!

(assuming it's up)

EDIT: It's up! Any takers?

I will NEVER touch a Valve product. It's all for the brainless masses. Unfortunately that's where the big bucks are.
  • edited April 2012
    ....I preorder the game on April 10th on Telltale Game's own website store, and there are already people playing the game.... but I do not have a download link anywhere, though it shows my preorder on the 'joystick' section. How is this possible? You allowed other retailers to get it (and their customers) before your own customers through your own store?
    What the heck?
  • edited April 2012
    PainDealer wrote: »
    I will NEVER touch a Valve product. It's all for the brainless masses. Unfortunately that's where the big bucks are.

That's... great. They're only one of the single most supportive devs ever.

That said, Red team's getting killed.
  • edited April 2012

You know what's also for the brainless masses? Oxygen.
  • edited April 2012
    Beukeboom wrote: »
    2811246957_OhYOU_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

oh-me-dog.png
  • edited April 2012

That's a bit hasty, I would say. Why are you so against Valve? I love the Half Life and Portal series, neither of which can be played without a brain.
  • edited April 2012
    It's like this every game. Get used to it.

No. Is this guy telling the truth? Because I will order it from steam right now and just get my money back from telltale if it is.

As an aside, I don't buy Capcom at all anymore due to their marketing and customer service practices. I'm not all talk. I'm a serious consumer that expects my product delivered on time.
  • edited April 2012
    jerkytrick wrote: »
    The Waiting Dead. :D
    I loled :D
  • edited April 2012
    Chillforce wrote: »
    No. Is this guy telling the truth? Because I will order it from steam right now and just get my money back from telltale if it is.

As an aside, I don't buy Capcom at all anymore due to their marketing and customer service practices. I'm not all talk. I'm a serious consumer that expects my product delivered on time.

It really is for every release.
  • edited April 2012
    New rule: Any one who complains about the game not being out yet, is removed from the Pre-Order contest.

Problem solved.
  • edited April 2012
    New rule: Any one who complains about the game not being out yet, is removed from the Pre-Order contest.

Problem solved.

Perfect!!!
  • edited April 2012

Have you played PORTAL?
  • edited April 2012
    Razer wrote: »
    Those who say getting games from Telltale direct is a worse choice need a short lesson in economics:

Buying from the manufacturer (in this case Telltale) provides the manufacturer with a greater income than those who buy from a retailer (in this case Steam) as retailers always take a cut of the profit before sending the rest back at the manufacturer. And it is usually a large cut of the profit.

Thus anyone who wishes to see gaming continue would realise that buying from the manufacturer is better when you have the chance to do so.

^^^^^^^
  • edited April 2012
    4:20 EST and i still cant download it anyone have a release time?
  • edited April 2012
    Well that's complete BS. Steam has it before Telltale...who actually made the game. I just dont see how that is even possible. Its like saying you can get a Coke from the Pepsi company before you could from Coca~Cola. Way to treat your own customers Telltale.
  • edited April 2012
    So it's up on PSN. You have to search to find it but it's there. You can buy just Episode 1, the whole season, or download the demo which is 474MB.
  • edited April 2012
    mdkss12 wrote: »
    oh-me-dog.png

^_^
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited April 2012
    MoonDevil wrote: »
    Its like saying you can get a Coke from the Pepsi company before you could from Coca~Cola.

Arghhhahhh-ahhhrghh... more signature material. It's a good day.
  • edited April 2012

Have had Valve games since 2007. Expanded out to owning half the games on Steam. The only problem I ever had was with a game called Alliance of Valiant Arms and it was on their side of things, not Steam's.
    Also Portal is god tier of gaming.
  • edited April 2012
    Only solution is to make it available for download.
  • edited April 2012
    Well this is disappointing, was looking forward to playing after work and still no download thru the publisher. Guess next time I give a share of the money to a supplier and TTG just won't make as much from the sale. :(
  • edited April 2012
    Yeah! I wanna play my game! I paid big buckaroos for this!
    I want my strong bad now!
  • edited April 2012
    Have had Valve games since 2007. Expanded out to owning half the games on Steam. The only problem I ever had was with a game called Alliance of Valiant Arms and it was on their side of things, not Steam's.
    Also Portal is god tier of gaming.

Putting a keylogger in your game is never a good idea.
  • edited April 2012
    nomecopies wrote: »
    Have you played PORTAL?

For some reason I never found the idea of that quite fascinating.
  • edited April 2012
    The game finally shows up on the PS3 not sure on XBOX 360 yet
  • edited April 2012
    itssas83 wrote: »
    I been a TTG addict for many years, and although they have a "unique" style when it comes to release dates, in the long run who cares about the extra few hours?? You'll get your game. The way everyones talking its like you think they are all sitting in the offices laughing at us suckers they have so much control over.

Think about it, Steam got theirs this morning? as stated in a post a few pages back, look at all the threads about steam game issues. We know from the occasional minor delays and pushed back release dates that TTG is working on these games till the minute they go out. Steam probably rushed for an early morning release this morning and deadline forced them to give up a bug filled first draft (god forbid the steam countdown timer hits zero and theres no game yet, somethings better than nothing afterall steam didnt make the game). They now take the final hours they needed, and possibly some feedback from these forum error posts, fix things and provide the people on their site with a primo grade A copy, because steams not riding their back to release in TTG.com and they have time to do it right.

and when did steam start swingin TTG games anyway? I know its been a while but ever since the BttF releases the steam gamers have just been annoying... I've been "a waiter" since Monkey Island and I'm sure other long time forum goers will agree when I say that if it wasnt for these strange release dates, I would have never found this forum and the awesome benefits that come along with it. Sure, we bitch and moan for a week or so before the game gets released, but especially during the 5 episode stretch of BttF, I realized that the forum wasn't just a place to complain to the developers, but also a place to state your opinions and thoughts and ideas about whats happening and even what path the game should take in the future.

I'll always be "a waiter". Sometimes I complain, but in the end I'm usually very happy.
    Afterall... it is a Telltale Game, it'll be worth it...

Edit: 69th post ;)

I wish I had even a buggy crappy copy over nothing. If you are starving, you'll eat anything. It's like that.
    I only have an hour and a half to live before this fever gets me.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited April 2012
    simon0405 wrote: »
    I want my strong bad now!

You're a few years late. ;)
  • edited April 2012
    For some reason I never found the idea of that quite fascinating.

Idea irrelevant. Brilliant writing and story. Brilliant.
  • edited April 2012

They never RELEASED Strong Bad! It's all a scam! It's the goldang man.
  • edited April 2012

No it's still available, emphasis on AVAILABLE.
  • edited April 2012
    This is just ridiculous now. There's something wrong when PSN and Steam have it and the creators still don't. There is something wrong with this release. No update in hours. How about a target time period for the release?
  • edited April 2012
    Putting a keylogger in your game is never a good idea.

Was that want AVA did? No idea. I eventually got it working and play it whenever I get bored of MAG.

So now PS3 has it out too? What the hell man? Are we bottom tier as far as their customer base is concerned?
  • edited April 2012
    I think Telltale are savy businessmen. I can only imagine how many additional people forked out an another 22-24 bucks so they can play the game now, rather than later, and Telltale can make the thing seem so innocent, like it was all out of their control. Plus the people who are angry are simply threatening to not buy directly from the publisher next time, and not threatening to ever buy a Telltale game again. Pure genius.
  • edited April 2012
    Other services may have a version of the game out sooner but you can be assured that the version that Telltale releases will be the most recent build.
  • edited April 2012
  • edited April 2012
    Was that want AVA did? No idea. I eventually got it working and play it whenever I get bored of MAG.

So now PS3 has it out too? What the hell man? Are we bottom tier as far as their customer base is concerned?
    It did have one, and Steam doesn't uninstall it.

Yeah, I'll try and find proof.
  • edited April 2012
    Other services may have a version of the game out sooner but you can be assured that the version that Telltale releases will be the most recent build.

It takes too long to program and a team at work on it for them to fix more than 1 or maybe 2 bugs for our release.
    Unless ours was better all along.

At the very least, we should receive Episode 2 promptly as a way of apologizing and showing that they care. As well as a legitimate apology on the release of this Episode of course.
This discussion has been closed.