Steam Walking Dead Out, TELLTALE version OUT NOW!

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Other services may have a version of the game out sooner but you can be assured that the version that Telltale releases will be the most recent build.

i dont trust steam, but i kinda want to believe that the psn version is somewhat stable... keyword somewhat. not bitching just saying. :rolleyes:
  • edited April 2012
    Look, I do think some people complaining are going overboard. But I don't think that pointing out that this delay is rather unwelcome and seems like a poor reward for supporting TTG directly is worthy of mockery. I'm not going to cry about it, but it will inform how I get Telltale games in the future - which is a shame.
  • edited April 2012
    C'mon think positive. We still might beat the 360 release.
  • edited April 2012
    Funny how I didn't buy the PS3 version to get the game earlier
  • edited April 2012
    MoonDevil wrote: »
    Well that's complete BS. Steam has it before Telltale...who actually made the game. I just dont see how that is even possible. Its like saying you can get a Coke from the Pepsi company before you could from Coca~Cola. Way to treat your own customers Telltale.
    Mike wrote: »
    Our build of the game is coming VERY SOON. I know the short delay sucks, but it's a slightly different build and it needs to be fully uploaded to our CDN before you can download it. We definitely appreciate your patience.

Look around the forum. The Steam build is a little buggy, the release from Telltale is a new build.
  • edited April 2012
    Oh, how I miss the days when waiting for an episode was actually fun! People played forum games in the waiting thread and posted fan art while enjoying the wait... ah, good old times. Now Telltale makes games of big mainstream franchises, with the downside of attracting all possible scum(m) and human waste to the forums...

Internet forums are "the worst place of scum and villainy"....didnt you know that?

But then....release your game to your TT customers before handing it to Steam and PSN...and I wont have to get all Darth Maul on you.
  • edited April 2012
    PainDealer wrote: »
    C'mon think positive. We still might beat the 360 release.

Comes out tomarow for them... We got 3rd place IN THE BAG!
  • edited April 2012
    "I bet they're laughing their asses off with all our money and the jimmy and the jammy!"
    Do you really think they thought "Oooh, let's just not release this project we've been working hard on!"? Really? They're no doubt working their asses off so yall can get cheap entertainment.
  • edited April 2012
    Chillforce wrote: »
    It takes too long to program and a team at work on it for them to fix more than 1 or maybe 2 bugs for our release.
    Unless ours was better all along.

At the very least, we should receive Episode 2 promptly as a way of apologizing and showing that they care. As well as a legitimate apology on the release of this Episode of course.
    Trust me. I have been here long enough to know that they do care. They are probably still bug fixing and tweaking things, so we get a pristine copy.
    Let steam have their buggy copy. I would rather wait knowing I have got the better version.
  • edited April 2012
    tobar wrote: »
    Look around the forum. The Steam build is a little buggy, the release from Telltale is a new build.

So it takes all day for them to upload TT version? Must take the same amount of time to Download it by that reasoning.
  • edited April 2012
    Well PSN demo ran well and looked amazing. Damn short though. I see myself double dipping down the road and picking up that version like I did with BTTF to go with my Telltale copy for PC.
  • edited April 2012
    OK, soccer game finished. Now, where's my game? :)
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited April 2012
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    We got 3rd place IN THE BAG!

All right, I just pick out the new signature material and you guys just adopt it. Errrr.... this one is pretty great.
  • edited April 2012
    Comes out tomarow for them... We got 3rd place IN THE BAG!

A medal is a medal. Also I'm sure Steam will test positive for steroids.
  • edited April 2012
    Even Usenet has a copy of episode 1 online.
  • edited April 2012
    Any status updates?
  • edited April 2012
    Pretty fucking annoying we get the game late but its w.e. At least we get to play
  • edited April 2012
    Those of us who ordered from Telltale should just get used to this - it's going to be like this with every episode release each month - be ready. I remember waiting for Monkey Island episode 1 to release (took half a day off work, waiting 6 hours, and by the time I could download I had other obligations that evening). Any old timers remember that?

If you order from Telltale, just be ready to wait for a big release. It sucks - this is probably the last time I pre-order from Telltale. Is there any reason to for this release? I've read people ask about a DVD release and I don't think I've seen an answer from anyone at Telltale, just people going, "Yeah, I'd assume so." If someone from Telltale could answer that one, thanks. If there's a DVD, I'm glad I ordered - if there is no DVD...I should have just bought it through Steam.
  • edited April 2012
    I'm sure the suppliers got their copies the other day and the PC one we're waiting for will be the fresh one they've been working like crazy all night on, just for us ;)
  • edited April 2012
    Namronim wrote: »
    I'm sure the suppliers got their copies the other day and the PC one we're waiting for will be the fresh one they've been working like crazy all night on, just for us ;)

Already confirmed to be true:D
  • edited April 2012
    Man, this sucks Barcelona Losse the game and we don`t have TWD yet. So, what`s next?
  • edited April 2012
    I heard the pope is publicly denouncing Telltale.
  • edited April 2012
    itsadey wrote: »
    Pretty fucking annoying we get the game late but its w.e. At least we get to play

It's not late yet.
  • edited April 2012
    Rojosue wrote: »
    Man, this sucks Barcelona Losse the game and we don`t have TWD yet. So, what`s next?

I think one of us will break a shoelace.
  • edited April 2012
    Time keeps on slippin..slippin..into the future ;)
    As my day is all but over in fifteen minutes, I'll enjoy the game tomorrow morning. :)
  • edited April 2012
    pre-ordered Walking dead and i don;t see it in my list of games for PC

any ideas ?
  • edited April 2012
    In 2 hours from now will be 25th of April in Portugal and UK so the information on the site may be misleading.
  • edited April 2012
    so nothing on TT :S
  • edited April 2012
    It's about Time! But were OUTATIME!
  • edited April 2012
    sharktejo wrote: »
    In 2 hours from now will be 25th of April in Portugal and UK so the information on the site may be misleading.

Oh FFS. On the 24th in THEIR timezone! It's been stated 1,000 times no joke!
  • edited April 2012
    sharktejo wrote: »

Yeah but the UK always gets screwed in video games. (I kid.)
  • edited April 2012
    Bigpsycho wrote: »
    pre-ordered Walking dead and i don;t see it in my list of games for PC

any ideas ?

Yea, wait.
  • edited April 2012

If it's not ready within office hours do you think they're gonna bust their asses overtime?
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited April 2012
    If it's not ready within office hours do you think they're gonna bust their asses overtime?
    Yes. They've done it before to get releases out on the date they announced it.

It's coming today. Don't fret.
  • edited April 2012
    mastone13 wrote: »
    I think one of us will break a shoelace.

You had to open your mouth didn't you...? :(
  • edited April 2012

Yes actually, they've done that before.

But that isn't the point, you will have EVERY right to complain if they fail to get it today in their timezone hours. I will complain too, but that isn't the point. The point is he said that the information was misleading becuase HIS timezone is off.
  • edited April 2012
    You guys said it would be out today.
    I demand to know why you lied to your customers?

Careful guys... You're starting to make EA look like a competent publisher.
  • edited April 2012

Psst, their timezone opportunity to bring the game out ends in less than 60 seconds.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited April 2012
    KDStudios wrote: »
    You guys said it would be out today.
    I demand to know why you lied to your customers?

Careful guys... You're starting to make EA look like a competent publisher.
    They didn't lie. It's still the 24th in the PDT (pacific daylight time) zone at Telltale's headquarters.
This discussion has been closed.