Steam Walking Dead Out, TELLTALE version OUT NOW!

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Attack wrote: »
    Thank God, finally someone rationally thinking. I cannot believe you all are acting like this is "above and beyond."

You guys should get together and have a cranky little baby party.
  • edited April 2012
    ericlr wrote: »
    I don't support companies that don't support me. You're the one acting like a child. I work for a living and I don't have time to be jerked around. And what's all this talk about them mailing us steam codes? It's 10 oclock and I've got nothing in the mail. You might enjoy being a fan boy, but in real life, this is just business, and what they've done is bad for business. You'll figure this out when you get into high school one day.

Sums it up.
  • edited April 2012
    I appreciate y'all sending us Steam codes, but please tell me where to go and how to use them. This is honestly the first game I've ever bought online, so I'd really appreciate some dumbed-down instructions. Thanks!!
  • edited April 2012
    Just got my Steam Key in the email. Thanks Guys!
  • edited April 2012
    HOW DOES THIS AMAZE YOU? Good God people, it's only FITTING that this is what they did. I'm happy, and grateful that they are doing this, but in my eyes this is the least of what they should do for those of us that pre-ordered.

Yeah the least right? Should probably make us all zombies. I could help with that but I doubt everyone wants to go the bitey way that I did.
  • edited April 2012
    HOW DOES THIS AMAZE YOU? Good God people, it's only FITTING that this is what they did. I'm happy, and grateful that they are doing this, but in my eyes this is the least of what they should do for those of us that pre-ordered.

Because they don't HAVE to. When a game doesn't hit retail shelves on the release date (and it's happened many time for one reason or another), you don't see companies personally shipping you the copies they have sitting in their warehouses. No - you have to wait until whatever happened is resolved and you can get your copy.

Get over it - TT has nothing but great customer service and always has and always goes the extra mile to make sure they can satisfy as many people as possible.
  • edited April 2012
    Hittman wrote: »

Me too! Thanks!
  • edited April 2012
    Mmm got my key
  • edited April 2012
    Now I know this is going to sound snarky and ungrateful in this context, but I really want to know:

When I signed up, I didn't automatically get the Pre-order forum unlock. I should be on the list to get the Email, though, right?
  • edited April 2012
    Geaux wrote: »
    I appreciate y'all sending us Steam codes, but please tell me where to go and how to use them. This is honestly the first game I've ever bought online, so I'd really appreciate some dumbed-down instructions. Thanks!!

Assuming you have steam and everything.

Go to the top and click on "games" then "activate a product on steam" follow the instructions and copy the code in.
    EDIT: Don't have my code yet, is there a specific order for whom you are sending those out too?
  • edited April 2012

There are instructions sent along with the email.
  • edited April 2012
    When this happens:

ttgtwd.png

I might be dead ;)

(PS: This is a haterart, game is still not released :D)
  • edited April 2012
    Hittman wrote: »

As did I, thanks guys!
  • edited April 2012
    Is there a way to get a refund from the site? Still isn't out, and since the PS3 one is out, I'd just rather get it there now. So, anyway to get a refund at the moment?
  • edited April 2012
    Later guys, Steam key is here!
  • edited April 2012
    ericlr wrote: »
    I don't support companies that don't support me. You're the one acting like a child. I work for a living and I don't have time to be jerked around. And what's all this talk about them mailing us steam codes? It's 10 oclock and I've got nothing in the mail. You might enjoy being a fan boy, but in real life, this is just business, and what they've done is bad for business. You'll figure this out when you get into high school one day.

They've been trying to fix this problem all day, they didn't want it nor expect it to happen. At least their giving us steam codes for the game that we could use to play the game now; while most companies would give us dick.
  • edited April 2012
    Just got my Steam code. Thanks to TTG for going above and beyond on this one!
  • edited April 2012
    I was just coming to see what the delay was and I realized I had a steam code in my email! Very excited!
  • edited April 2012
    I don't think I have ever appreciated 50Mbit internet as much as I do now, already in game :)
  • edited April 2012
    I didn't get the email, are they sending it now to the TTG's account email ?
  • edited April 2012
    yet to get my key as well.
  • edited April 2012
    Well just have to resist watching the "lets play" for the next couple hours (days) but what ever. I dont have a super gamer machine. Nor do I know to much about computers. So dont want to spend the next 3 days trying to fix things. So Id rather wait till they polish the product. Glad to know they care about it enough. But boy do I hate that people on steam have it already. I find comfort in the fact that what I get will be better. Just have to find the strength to not watch others walk through on youtube. Because I want to so bad.
  • edited April 2012
    Mail ok for me thanks :)
  • edited April 2012
    There are instructions sent along with the email.
    Just got 'em, appreciate it!!
  • edited April 2012
    Grr, guess I should have checked the forums first before JUST NOW buying from the TT website. Was actually looking forward to not have to use staem being I can't install it on my work computer.
  • edited April 2012
    Mike wrote: »
    Another update: we're probably not going to get our server issue fixed tonight. However, we're working right now to get Steam codes mailed out to any of you that pre-ordered the game through us. They'll be going out ASAP, so keep an eye on your email!

Again, we profusely apologize for the delay and any frustration this may have caused. We appreciate your patience, and your passion for the game.

GOT IT. AWESOME! TYVM! See you ingame. :D
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited April 2012
    Go to Steam and register via this link.

Now download the steam client here.

Now:
    Launch Steam and log into your Steam account.
    Click the Games Menu.
    Choose Activate a Product on Steam...
    Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.
  • edited April 2012
    Mattroid wrote: »
    Because they don't HAVE to. When a game doesn't hit retail shelves on the release date (and it's happened many time for one reason or another), you don't see companies personally shipping you the copies they have sitting in their warehouses. No - you have to wait until whatever happened is resolved and you can get your copy.

Get over it - TT has nothing but great customer service and always has and always goes the extra mile to make sure they can satisfy as many people as possible.

So... this compensation of the Steam codes is amazing to you.... provided that TT and everyone else is saying it is a buggy version...basically TT saying 'Go ahead and get that crappy version for free on Us!"

Whoopty frickin do.
  • edited April 2012
    Once again unimpressed with single digit posters who whine....
  • edited April 2012
    just got my key. later haters.
  • edited April 2012
    Jennifer wrote: »
    Go to Steam and register via this link.

Now download the steam client here.

Now:
    Launch Steam and log into your Steam account.
    Click the Games Menu.
    Choose Activate a Product on Steam...
    Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.
    Thanks!! :)
  • edited April 2012
    Sounds like Steam is about to crash!
  • edited April 2012
    I need my key :(
  • edited April 2012
    So... when Episode 2 comes out..... will our save files from the Steam version work to continue our story???? Since they're probably in different folders????

Oh, also, I think we should all get the Almost Everything pack for free as compensation. That way I can play a game that works while I wait
  • edited April 2012
    Didn't get it yet, see what happens when you're the very last person to preorder! :D
  • edited April 2012
    Jason6 wrote: »
    So... this compensation of the Steam codes is amazing to you.... provided that TT and everyone else is saying it is a buggy version...basically TT saying 'Go ahead and get that crappy version for free on Us!"

Whoopty frickin do.

It hasn't been buggy for everyone....so you are just going to assume it will be buggy for you or do you have a medium's talent we were all unaware of?
  • edited April 2012
    Love the show, can't wait to play, forgot it even released today! Ha, off to bed, I'll probably have time to play it this weekend. Thanks for the Steam code though!
  • edited April 2012
    crash665 wrote: »
    Sounds like Steam is about to crash!

Guess who said that ?

Crash665 UAHUEHAUEUAHE
  • edited April 2012

I feel the same way. Fish out of water. All you had to do was blow on Nintendo cartage's when they didnt work right. I have no idea what the code is or what to do with it.
  • edited April 2012
    I am in no way complaining but I am curious, does getting a Steam key mean we will not be getting the TTG download? The game is the game, I understand that, but I really did not want it through Steam.

Edit: Nevermind. My email just came and completely explained it. Thanks TTG :)
This discussion has been closed.