Steam Walking Dead Out, TELLTALE version OUT NOW!

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Pak-Man wrote: »
    For all of you (I know there are hundreds) wondering, "Did Pak-Man ever get his key?" The answer is yes.

Satisfaction, get!

zelda-ocarina-of-time-3d-screenshot-item-get.jpg
  • edited April 2012
    Just received the keys. While it was a kinda "disappointing" launch, you guys at TTG should never give up and strive to outdo yourself.

Really appreciate the effort whoever you guys are ;) for actually placing all your energy into solving this. Do keep up the good work.
  • edited April 2012
    Wow, I can't believe how long this is taking to rectify. They should have started sending out keys @ 8AM yesterday. Surely this problem was huge enough to realize it wouldn't be available on the TT website by the end of the day.

Still, I got the game on Steam in time to play a few chapters last night. I think the game is awesome enough to overshadow the release issues, but, just to be safe, I will probably buy TT games on Steam in the future.
  • edited April 2012
    I guess I'm wondering about 2 things:

1.) Has it been verified by someone at Telltale that there will be a DVD release?
    2.) Is this Steam key for Episode 1, or the whole series? If just for episode 1, will our saves carry over?
  • edited April 2012
    Armand1880 wrote: »
    I guess I'm wondering about 2 things:

1.) Has it been verified by someone at Telltale that there will be a DVD release?
    2.) Is this Steam key for Episode 1, or the whole series? If just for episode 1, will our saves carry over?

Not been verified, but that doesnt mean their won't be one.
    Steam key is for the season.
  • edited April 2012
    Moragami wrote: »
    Wow, I can't believe how long this is taking to rectify. They should have started sending out keys @ 8AM yesterday. Surely this problem was huge enough to realize it wouldn't be available on the TT website by the end of the day.

Still, I got the game on Steam in time to play a few chapters last night. I think the game is awesome enough to overshadow the release issues, but, just to be safe, I will probably buy TT games on Steam in the future.

You obviously have limited knowledge when it comes to server problems....
  • edited April 2012
    Veovisjohn wrote: »
    Like many I pre-ordered through Telltale directly and received a steam key yesterday for episode 1. However, I've heard a lot about this game having decisions that carry over into future episodes. Will this Steam code give me access to just the first episode or all future episodes through steam? If I only get the first episode, I'd honestly rather just wait until the server issue is fixed so I can avoid having to replay the first episode in order to have all my choices carry over into future episodes.

Does anyone know anything about this or can provide some clarity? Thanks guys.
    The code is good for all 5 episodes. You redeem the Steam code, and it unlocks the entire season.
    Dameon2k wrote: »
    You obviously have limited knowledge when it comes to server problems....
    Wow, that was informative. Since you obviously have unlimited knowledge when it comes to server problems, fill us in.

At what point did it become obvious that the game would not make it to the TT servers on release day? Several posts throughout the day said the game was coming very soon, and they would get it out to us ASAP. Now, suddenly, this delay is going to take multiple days? I'm not Einstein like you, but it seems they should have had more realistic expectations.
  • edited April 2012
    The code is good for all 5 episodes. You redeem the Steam code, and it unlocks the entire season.

And after the season...when more are available? I doubt they'll keep handing out free Steam codes just to continue storyline...though after all this, I am sure if you do start the Steam version, you'll just stick with it.
  • edited April 2012
    Some of us still don't have codes.
  • edited April 2012
    Jason6 wrote: »
    And after the season...when more are available? I doubt they'll keep handing out free Steam codes just to continue storyline...though after all this, I am sure if you do start the Steam version, you'll just stick with it.

The code is for all 5 episodes (the entire Season). You just don't see them yet.
    So preorderers own 2 copies of the entire game now.
  • edited April 2012
    Does anyone know when the game will be available to download on the TTG site? Will you be able to transfer a saved game from Steam to the TTG version?
  • edited April 2012
    Got my Steam code. Thank you, Telltale.
  • edited April 2012
    This is sad (understatement).

After having Steam(ing pile of feces) lose my account with all the games I had paid for a few years ago, and then tell me that they had no way to prove which ones I owned, I swore (multiple times) I would never use Steam(ing pile of feces) again.

Before pre-ordering this game, I actually e-mailed Telltale and asked if they would have it ONLY available for PC through Steam(ing pile of feces). I was told that all Telltale games can be downloaded directly from their servers and that I would NOT be required to use the Steam(ing pile of feces) client.

What The FRAK!!!!!!!!

I will never put Steam(ing pile of feces) on another pc that I own, so apparently I don't get to play. Telltale, what's happening with making the game available from YOUR servers like I was promised before I placed my pre-order?

Please stand up and take responsibility for your actions Telltale crew. Have a rep post something in the forums about why this is happening and IF the game will be available from you directly and when (and if not, how I go about getting my money back).

Thank you.
  • edited April 2012
    DaShiznit wrote: »
    This is sad (understatement).

After having Steam(ing pile of feces) lose my account with all the games I had paid for a few years ago, and then tell me that they had no way to prove which ones I owned, I swore (multiple times) I would never use Steam(ing pile of feces) again.

Before pre-ordering this game, I actually e-mailed Telltale and asked if they would have it ONLY available for PC through Steam(ing pile of feces). I was told that all Telltale games can be downloaded directly from their servers and that I would NOT be required to use the Steam(ing pile of feces) client.

What The FRAK!!!!!!!!

I will never put Steam(ing pile of feces) on another pc that I own, so apparently I don't get to play. Telltale, what's happening with making the game available from YOUR servers like I was promised before I placed my pre-order?

Please stand up and take responsibility for your actions Telltale crew. Have a rep post something in the forums about why this is happening and IF the game will be available from you directly and when (and if not, how I go about getting my money back).

Thank you.

Let's take this a step at a time.

A) They already have explained themselves repeatedly.

B) Of course the game will be available directly

C) No refunds. Remember that legalese when you bought the game?
  • OMAOMA
    edited April 2012
    Order of price:

Max's Severed Head - $80.00
    Big Kill - $15.00
    Vintage Lugermorph - $7.50
    Poker Night Visor - $6.00

I think...

Wow, so it seems I just bought L.A.Noire for "just" $95. Great deal! :rolleyes:

Who decides those crazy prices anyway?
  • edited April 2012
    Do we have a definitive release date for the XBox 360 yet?
  • edited April 2012
    Scnew wrote: »
    Do we have a definitive release date for the XBox 360 yet?

Yeah, Telltale said it on Twitter a while ago.
  • edited April 2012
    i didn't get a "key" email.
  • edited April 2012
    ted12 wrote: »
    Let's take this a step at a time.

A) They already have explained themselves repeatedly.

B) Of course the game will be available directly

C) No refunds. Remember that legalese when you bought the game?

A) Saying "Telltale had a last minute internal server issue." Does not explain why IT IS STILL GOING ON.

B)WHEN?? (This is why I would like Telltale to keep us informed).

C) I'm pretty sure that the legalese didn't say anything about not providing the product at all. Nice of you to try and stick up for them, but if they decide they don't want to release the game on their servers because it will overload them because they are not built to handle the capacity required (i.e. "internal server issue"), I believe that is more than enough for my CC to grant a charge back.

What I am most pissed about is the lack of substantial communication about this issue. Even an approximation of when the game will be available on their site versus a possible 2+ week wait and then to have have an announcement that it will only be obtained through Steam(ing pile of feces) or some such client.

Hopefully, your Telltale stock doesn't fall too much Ted. ;)
  • edited April 2012
    DaShiznit wrote: »
    Please stand up and take responsibility for your actions Telltale crew.
    Maybe you're the one who should stand up and take responsibility for his actions. Steam did not "lose" your account. In fact, that makes no sense at all. I'm sure there's a story behind your story, where you did something either stupid or illegal and got banned. Funny, you try to blame Steam. Sorry, they don't just lose accounts...
  • edited April 2012
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    The code is for all 5 episodes (the entire Season). You just don't see them yet.
    So preorderers own 2 copies of the entire game now.

And you missed the point. After all 5 episodes...you still have to use Steam's version... or whenever TT gets their head out of their **** and fixes things start over. Cant carry Steam play over to TT.
  • edited April 2012

Well that's a relief. Thanks for the clarification. That's about the best way Telltale could handle it. Thank you and I hope the rest of you get codes soon.
  • edited April 2012
    And having gotten my Steam code... gone through the hassle of making an account and getting things going there...DL the game....AND IT DOESNT PLAY.
    It loads....says click to start.... shows a 'continue' loading message and stays there. Doesn't progress ...doesn't load... sit there at the loading screen for 20min...and nothing. No game.
  • edited April 2012
    Maybe you're the one who should stand up and take responsibility for his actions. Steam did not "lose" your account. In fact, that makes no sense at all. I'm sure there's a story behind your story, where you did something either stupid or illegal and got banned. Funny, you try to blame Steam. Sorry, they don't just lose accounts...

Well happy Steam(ing pile of feces) user, 5 years ago I had a Steam(ing pile of feces) account and switched billing credit cards when I moved. Apparently Steam(ing pile of feces) had "an internal server issue" and didn't change the card and address. They tried to bill the old card and it didn't go through. I had to call them to straighten this out and my account was locked. They couldn't find a way to unlock the account and then when I said just start a new one with all my games, they said they had no idea what games were on my account and were not going to take my word for it.

Please enjoy your Steam(ing pile of feces) client and if something like that happens to you, I'll be sure and send happy, condescending thoughts your way.
  • edited April 2012
    Must be a setting or configuration issue. I got my Steam code and it works like a dream. Look into system requirements, background tasks, and drivers. It's worth your time and effort.
  • edited April 2012
    OK. Getting a little pissed now. Received the steam code last night. Download went fine. Just launched the game through steam and it is stuck with a message saying connecting. 20 minutes connecting? WTF! When will it be available on the TTG site?
  • edited April 2012
    JayCally wrote: »
    OK. Getting a little pissed now. Received the steam code last night. Download went fine. Just launched the game through steam and it is stuck with a message saying connecting. 20 minutes connecting? WTF! When will it be available on the TTG site?

Exactly my issue. If you press ESC, which is the only way to exit...it will crash. Then auto restart to a blank/black screen....causing you to totally shut down your comp.

Lot of fun isnt it?!?!
  • edited April 2012
    What are your system specs?
  • edited April 2012
    And having gotten my Steam code... gone through the hassle of making an account and getting things going there...DL the game....AND IT DOESNT PLAY.
    It loads....says click to start.... shows a 'continue' loading message and stays there. Doesn't progress ...doesn't load... sit there at the loading screen for 20min...and nothing. No game.

Contact technical support and run a dxdiag for them.
    Until they can help, i'll offer what solved it for me. I set my desktop to 16bit. Find the original walkingdead.exe in your steam folder(it varies from computer to computer but mine was under c>programfiles>steam>steamapps>common>thewalkingdead
    Rightclick, run as admin, compatibility mode for Windows 98. The game will run in a window. Turn down all graphic settings so the game looks like crap and make no attempts to fullscreen.

The above is just so it will certainly run. Others didn't have to go as far as I did, so feel free to twink settings as you see fit.
  • edited April 2012
    Wanted to say how much I appreciated the Tell-Tale team's efforts to rectify this situation.
    I hold no ill will, but I've never had a Steam account, nor do I ever plan on having one.

I'm content to wait as long as it takes to get this sorted (within reason, of course). If it ends up being a week or more, I may feel differently, but as of now, I'm OK.

Still want to know why it's cheaper on PS3 as opposed to buying direct, though.
  • edited April 2012
    How are the codes coming along Mike? Are more people helping out with that or are they focused on getting the Telltale build up?
  • edited April 2012
    Must be a setting or configuration issue. I got my Steam code and it works like a dream. Look into system requirements, background tasks, and drivers. It's worth your time and effort.

DL the demo for Torchlight...works just fine. Obviously NOT a system issue.
  • edited April 2012
    Chillforce wrote: »
    Contact technical support and run a dxdiag for them.
    Until they can help, i'll offer what solved it for me. I set my desktop to 16bit. Find the original walkingdead.exe in your steam folder(it varies from computer to computer but mine was under c>programfiles>steam>steamapps>common>thewalkingdead
    Rightclick, run as admin, compatibility mode for Windows 98. The game will run in a window. Turn down all graphic settings so the game looks like crap and make no attempts to fullscreen.

The above is just so it will certainly run. Others didn't have to go as far as I did, so feel free to twink settings as you see fit.

Great. Doubt that will work for my Mac....but all I need to do is get a Windows computer. TT you buying? Will need a new Steam code for that new comp too..
  • edited April 2012
    Reading briefly through the comments above, I can see folks are a little irate at having to wait for their game. I, however, just want to thank Telltale for resolving the issue (for me at least) by sending out the Steam keys so quickly. I like having my games together in a Steam list, but I always order the Telltale games through the Telltale website, which I assume gives Telltale a larger amount of money than when Valve take a cut. Telltale ain't always perfect, but I appreciate them treating me well as a customer and I'll continue to support them and their games.

Thanks folks.

P.S. I only got the chance to play through about the first 20 minutes of TWD today on my lunch break, but I can already tell that it's fantastic. The controls are much, much better than Jurassic Park (which I also picked up through the recent sale -- I love the TT sales), and the world and story are going to be a lot of fun to explore.
  • edited April 2012
    DL the demo for Torchlight...works just fine. Obviously NOT a system issue.

Again, what are your system specs? The Walking Dead and Torchlight are two different games. It's NOT obvious that it isn't a system issue and I can't help you until you tell what kind of system you have.
  • edited April 2012
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    How are the codes coming along Mike? Are more people helping out with that or are they focused on getting the Telltale build up?

I'm working the codes as fast as I can, and the web team is working on the server. We want the TTG build up as fast as possible, obviously, but I don't have an ETA at this point. I mentioned it way back in the thread, but it popped up last-minute and nobody could have foreseen it. We could put the build up right now but nobody would be able to login to activate it, so it wouldn't actually help anything. I promise, it's being worked on.
  • edited April 2012
    Mike wrote: »
    I'm working the codes as fast as I can, and the web team is working on the server. We want the TTG build up as fast as possible, obviously, but I don't have an ETA at this point. I mentioned it way back in the thread, but it popped up last-minute and nobody could have foreseen it. We could put the build up right now but nobody would be able to login to activate it, so it wouldn't actually help anything. I promise, it's being worked on.

That's good.

It is nice to see telltale working on not one, but two different plans of action to get this to work. That kind of dedication is why you guys are awesome:D
  • edited April 2012
    My friends are already playing it :( I want to play it so badly.
  • edited April 2012
    Mike wrote: »
    Again, what are your system specs? The Walking Dead and Torchlight are two different games. It's NOT obvious that it isn't a system issue and I can't help you until you tell what kind of system you have.

What else do you want...need...?

Model Name: iMac
    Model Identifier: iMac8,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 6 MB
    Memory: 2 GB
    Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
    Boot ROM Version: IM81.00C1.B00
    SMC Version (system): 1.29f1
    Serial Number (system):
    Hardware UUID:
    ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro
    Type: GPU
    Bus: PCIe
    PCIe Lane Width: x16
    VRAM (Total): 256 MB
    Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
    Device ID: 0x9583
    Revision ID: 0x0000
    ROM Revision: 113-B2250L-259
    EFI Driver Version: 01.00.259
    Displays:
    iMac:
    Resolution: 1680 x 1050
    Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
    Main Display: Yes
    Mirror: Off
    Online: Yes
    Built-In: Yes
    Display Connector:
  • edited April 2012
    Jason6, sorry, but you don't meet the minimum requirements for the game. It requires at least 3gb of RAM, and a dedicated video card with at least 512mb of VRAM.
This discussion has been closed.