Steam Walking Dead Out, TELLTALE version OUT NOW!

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Yeah this is kinda ridiculous. That the ttg.com version still isn't up, and that they have one guy sorting through a forum thread to give out steam codes.

And that the game is still up for sale on their site at all. You'd think they'd turn that off and direct people to buy it on Steam directly instead. I had the misfortune of buying it on here after it launched, I saw it was a few bucks cheaper than on Steam...

They've been relatively friendly about it and all, but the way it's dragged on so long makes their company look unprepared and in over their heads.

I'm on page 8 of that "no key yet" thread, and ...no key yet.
  • edited April 2012
    tobar wrote: »
    Oof, two day delay now. Things must be serious. :(

3kefc.jpg

Yep, the issue have to be huge, unfortunately :(

I'm agree with Gman. I'm worried about people that still today don't have the Steam code and can't play (not me, I have it, thank you Telltale).

If we can help you in any way, Mike, tell us! ;)
  • edited April 2012
    The only redeeming factor they have pulled out of this is to hand out Steam Keys to those frustrated paying individuals. Lesson learned.... cut out the middle man. Go straight to Steam.

Newsflah: Steam is the middleman.

Refusing to buy future games directly from Telltale doesn't do anything except for line the pockets of those who didn't make the game. Better to either support them directly in good faith and assume that this was an unforseeable slip-up, or not buy/play their games at all.

Edit: This thread really seems to move fast when you forget to click "submit reply".

Still no Steam key for me, but I was able to watch my girlfriend play last night. The game is actually pretty neat.
  • edited April 2012
    I just got my Steam key and am downloading the game now. I just wanted to say thanks for the key, and I hope the server issue is resolved soon.
  • edited April 2012
    Got the email to use Steam as a stopgap. Having issues on my Mac as the controls are designed for a game controller. All I have is my keyboard and mouse.

Getting a bit irked when Lee keeps going in one direction and won't turn around.
    Hope the TellTale version (when it comes out) doesn't have those same problems.

Cool game from what I played...but are we there yet to getting this released??
  • edited April 2012
    Thank you Mike for your hard work. I know it must be disappointing and stressful but Telltale are handling it nicely. Thanks again.
  • edited April 2012
    still no steam key
    it makes me sad
    very sad
    and i posted in that other thread a while ago
    oh well
  • edited April 2012
    Bah, I'm going out for the night. Don't think I'll be able to play it tomorrow either way.

It's a busy week, so luckily I'll be able to just download it and play it whenever I have free time.

Best of luck to the telltale team.
  • edited April 2012
    ted12 wrote: »
    I'm legitimately surprised. Telltale launches usually aren't this messy. Still, it'll be that much sweeter to play it.

I think it's probably also a sign of how massive this property is for TTG, and demand for it at the moment.

I'd be very surprised if this hasn't surpassed "BTTF" in sales already.
  • edited April 2012
    HadesGigas wrote: »
    Yeah this is kinda ridiculous. That the ttg.com version still isn't up, and that they have one guy sorting through a forum thread to give out steam codes.

And that the game is still up for sale on their site at all. You'd think they'd turn that off and direct people to buy it on Steam directly instead. I had the misfortune of buying it on here after it launched, I saw it was a few bucks cheaper than on Steam...

They've been relatively friendly about it and all, but the way it's dragged on so long makes their company look unprepared and in over their heads.

I agree. The best part is that if you didn't venture to the forums you'd not even know what was going on. I had assumed I had the date wrong for the onsale given it still was showing 'pre-order' on my account. Then I checked steam and the release date and decided to check here. Bought the game 24 hours ago, still no steam code.
  • edited April 2012
    @Jason6,

Since when does World of Warcraft use high end graphics or ram.
    My old desktop running Windows XP with 1 GB of ram and a crappy Intel Extreme Graphics could run World of Warcraft on high settings.
    WoW doesn't even come close to high settings.

Also in the min specs it says for Mac's you need to have 4 GB for Min settings.
    Seriously, who uses a Mac to game anyway? Mac's aren't known for gaming and never were, that is the first fault you have.

So go ahead blame Telltale all you want, it's not their fault, you couldn't be bothered to read the min settings before purchasing the game.
  • edited April 2012
    CF-105 wrote: »
    Seriously, who uses a Mac to game anyway?

*Hand up*

Lots of people game on Macs. Don't be so hard on the guy. All the games I want to play are cross platform anyway.
  • edited April 2012
    Dakow wrote: »
    I agree. The best part is that if you didn't venture to the forums you'd not even know what was going on. I had assumed I had the date wrong for the onsale given it still was showing 'pre-order' on my account. Then I checked steam and the release date and decided to check here. Bought the game 24 hours ago, still no steam code.

If you only bought the game 24 hours ago, you won't be getting a Steam code.
  • edited April 2012

Same for you - Mike's already stated that only people who pre-ordered will get a Steam code.
  • edited April 2012
    Weeksy wrote: »
    Same for you - Mike's already stated that only people who pre-ordered will get a Steam code.
    Are you sure? I thought I saw him say they would be sending them in order of purchase, to any that do not have it until such time as they can release it here. I could be wrong. *shrug*
  • edited April 2012
    Still no key here even after having posted within the dedicated thread… :( Sad.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2012
    Candyghost wrote: »
    Still no key here even after having posted within the dedicated thread… :( Sad.

It's a manual process to work through that thread and get a key sent out to each person, so not super fast. Your patience is much appreciated!
  • edited April 2012
    Weeksy wrote: »
    If you only bought the game 24 hours ago, you won't be getting a Steam code.

Incorrect.
    Mike wrote: »
    Basically, any order placed prior to our build going live will be receiving a Steam key.

The build is not live, so an order placed right this second would get a Steam key ...eventually.
  • edited April 2012
    I bought the game just today, from the TT site, and I was e-mailed a Steam game code.

It was a funny thing, really. Though I knew the game was being made, I didn't keep tabs on the release date, and I bought it just today, so... no hype, no disappointment, no big deal, for me anyway.
  • edited April 2012
    I bought the game just today, from the TT site, and I was e-mailed a Steam game code.

It was a funny thing, really. Though I knew the game was being made, I didn't keep tabs on the release date, and I bought it just today, so... no hype, no disappointment, no big deal, for me anyway.

So people who didn't pre order the game are getting steam codes while there are still people who haven't recieved codes who pre-ordered the game??
  • edited April 2012
    Hoodzy2000 wrote: »
    So people who didn't pre order the game are getting steam codes while there are still people who haven't recieved codes who pre-ordered the game??

Technically everyone who orders the game is pre-ordering. It's still listed as such on the site. But yeah, the codes do not seem to be going out in the order in which they were placed. I ordered mine about 20 hours ago now.
  • edited April 2012
    Technically everyone who orders the game is pre-ordering. It's still listed as such on the site. But yeah, the codes do not seem to be going out in the order in which they were placed. I ordered mine about 20 hours ago now.

I've seen multiple people who posted after me in the 'steam key' thread get their key. I've not received mine. At least process in the order posted or received.
  • edited April 2012

I'm happy you can enjoy the game. That said, the fact you purchased after me and got a code is a bit annoying.
  • edited April 2012
    Dakow wrote: »
    I'm happy you can enjoy the game. That said, the fact you purchased after me and got a code is a bit annoying.

I agree, it seems to be one mistake after another with this release... and there haven't been any recent updates from telltale about anything.
  • edited April 2012
    Here's the issue guys:

EVERYONE was sent a STEAM key via email. Unfortunately, a number of email serves see that kind of stuff as bulk mail and either a) toss it or b) send it to your spam. Not all though.

So some people are getting the automated keys immediately.

Unfortunately for most people (myself included) my email blocks TT and I can't get it to go through. Mike is MANUALLY giving these people keys. This takes time, and seeing as it's almost midnight here, he's probably crashed by now.
  • edited April 2012
    I'm going to sleep, guys. Have sweet dreams or have a nice day (it depends on which time zone you live).

Keep the tough and good work, Telltale. I would want to know if other companies would act so good with their customers as you when this kind of issue happens!

See ya!!
  • edited April 2012
    Got my code and its installed now. Thanks Mike :)
  • edited April 2012
    I wish I had my code but sadly. I am still w/o.
  • edited April 2012
    so is the telltale version just being shelved?
  • edited April 2012
    It's not being shelved, they're still working out the server issues.
  • edited April 2012
    Still no steam key. Why doesn't Telltale send the steam keys to us as private messages? It's possible, right?

If Telltale's mail server is on a ban list, and the receiving server destroys the mail before it even arrives, it'll never arrive, no matter how many times they send it.
  • edited April 2012
    They are sending the keys out via PMs, it's just taking time as it has to be done manually.
  • edited April 2012
    They are sending the keys out via PMs, it's just taking time as it has to be done manually.

Ok. Thanks for the clarification. :)
  • edited April 2012
    Mine was caught as spam by my ISP, I got them to let it through for me.
  • edited April 2012
    so is the telltale version just being shelved?

I do not think it will be. Just seems to be taking time to fix the error.
  • edited April 2012
    I've not received any email from TellTale, besides order confirmations, since last June. My email address hasn't changed, and it's not a spam filtering problem at my end - every email that hits my server is logged whether it's spam or not, and telltalegames.com is whitelisted anyway.

Last time I brought it up (when I missed out on the JP Deluxe Edition discount because I'm not in the habit of checking the website daily) I was brushed off with a "sucks to be you" type response.
  • edited April 2012
    LabRatt wrote: »
    I've not received any email from TellTale, besides order confirmations, since last June. My email address hasn't changed, and it's not a spam filtering problem at my end - every email that hits my server is logged whether it's spam or not, and telltalegames.com is whitelisted anyway.

This is the situation I'm in.

It's amusing because at one stage I was getting two copies of newsletters and stuff >_<
  • edited April 2012
    Got my Steam key, but when I go to install Steam, at the very end of installation, it says 'Steam.exe Win32 error, unable to delete steam.exe' or something like that, and doesn't let me download it.

So now, even though I pre-ordered to GET the Steam key, and HAVE it, I STILL have to wait until the game comes out from TellTale. Damn it.
  • edited April 2012
    dadtolibbs, google your error (eg https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5322-QYZB-5344), I'm sure it's fixable.

*back to waiting for key*
  • edited April 2012
    i just want to kill some zombies :(

still wating for key :D
This discussion has been closed.