[SPOILERS] CARLEY [Ep 3 discussion]

Hey i am really annoyed about carley being shot when it happend i didnt even want to carry on playing anyway maybe they could bring carly back she could have just been grazed by the bullet.No one even checked to she if she was dead the group could meet up with her again.I wont be buying anymore episodes unless carly comes back my friends also said the same.

Please say in the comments that you want carly back and make a thread about this and then maybe telltale games will see that we want carly back.

Comments

• edited August 2012
    As much as I want her back, she was shot in the face. She's dead.
  • edited August 2012
    Yeah, don't see that happening. They can't really just erase what happened this episode.
    It's a zombie game. People die.
  • edited August 2012
    i didn't want Doug to die too but "it happened pretty fast" :) Lee's words of wisdom...
  • edited August 2012
    Carley/Doug WILL die. The other stuff people have been complaining about? Apparently there are other alternatives. Nobody's found them yet, far as I've seen.
  • edited August 2012
    I'm thinking.. at the RV, when you have a choice to accuse Ben, would that change the outcome of everything :/ ?
    Guess not..

After seeing Carley and Lee's conversation in the motel, it just broke my heart even further.
  • edited August 2012
    As much as I hate that she was shot in the head, if Telltale somehow brought her back after that, I would lose faith in this game.
  • edited August 2012
    I'm really mad about Carley getting killed off.
  • CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited August 2012
    Eh from a Technical standpoint in Makes Sense. But there has Yet to been proven that you could save anyone in this episode or do anything diffrently. Omid Christa and Hobo Man has joined us. Was their Literally any decision that really mattered in this episode. Side With lily she abandoned you side with kenny lily abandons you. I think i'm getting depressed thinking about this.
  • edited August 2012
    they should go back and add a button action sequence where lee can knock the gun away, and maybe the bullet only takes off his/her ear or something. it could take the story in an interesting direction atleast with a love interest.and the attempted shot could still get lily out of the group
  • edited August 2012
    i think the story should end like this, lee was dreaming the entire time and wakes up in the back of the cop car. he than says, it was just a dream and ask the cop where are we and the cop turns around to be carly as a walker. a great setup for season 2. your welcome
  • edited August 2012
    kirby18 wrote: »
    i think the story should end like this, lee was dreaming the entire time and wakes up in the back of the cop car. he than says, it was just a dream and ask the cop where are we and the cop turns around to be carly as a walker. a great setup for season 2. your welcome

perfect but then when the camera turns to lee after walker carly shock it turns out he is actually clem.
  • edited August 2012
    ZacTB wrote: »
    As much as I hate that she was shot in the head, if Telltale somehow brought her back after that, I would lose faith in this game.

I agree. I tried several ways to save Carley but failed and its hard to see her go like that on the side of a road and it kills the replay value of a great but heart-wrenching game.

However, there is nothing stopping Carley back in a dream or something because Lee is starting to have some wild dreams (zombie Clem). I hope it happens, I just want to say good-bye to her.

Edit: Kirkby18 beaten me to the dream idea.
  • edited August 2012
    Well, now we know whose the traitor :/
    It's Ben.
    What justifies her death was the fact that she was killed in a quick and painless way.
    Since she is meant to die no matter how the outcome turned out to be, I think TTG made an effort to put it in the most painless way possible. Although I highly disagree with their choices.

Killed her, and just leave the scene. To prevent us from tearing up any further.
    At least, now we can shift our focus back to Clementine, who I have a feeling, will be surviving till the very end. Think of taking care of Clementine as Carley's last words if she and Lee ever had a thing going on.
  • edited August 2012
    Man I am so close to just giving up the game, because i liked the Carley character from the first second I met her in the first ep. It's like I cant put down the controller on this because I need to see what the ending is and it's an awesome game, but, on the other hand loosing Carley is a very very bad way to play out the game, as Carley is a very likable character and is very important to the story. All most as important as Clem.

On a side note I wish i had just saved Doug, then i wouldn't have been to upset about this...
  • edited August 2012
    I was really excited about something happening between Carley and Lee. Then at I thought about "man, what if they kill off Carley??"

Apparently I saw it coming. I'm really pissed about it too. Like I said, I hoped something between Carley and Lee would develop.
  • edited August 2012
    it sucked sure, but if you've read issue 100 of the comics, you'll know they love to pull that crap. NO don't bring her back. dead people stay dead, this isn't a soap opera.
  • edited August 2012
    Carley died. Lilly lived. I quit this game.
  • edited August 2012
    Stop playing. Nobody will care. You prolly stopped reading/watching Game of Thrones by the end of the first season. Most likely couldn't make it through the first trade paperback of Walking Dead comics. The whole point is that they can make you care enough about the characters that you could feel this way about them but seeing as you're missing the point, you might as well quit.
  • edited August 2012
    Forgetting the senselessness of her death, I just hope that someone took Carley aside in the three months between episodes and taught her about batteries. I would feel worse knowing she died without the basic knowledge of polarity.
  • edited August 2012
    j.em26 wrote: »
    Well, now we know whose the traitor :/
    It's Ben.
    What justifies her death was the fact that she was killed in a quick and painless way.
    Since she is meant to die no matter how the outcome turned out to be, I think TTG made an effort to put it in the most painless way possible. Although I highly disagree with their choices.

Killed her, and just leave the scene. To prevent us from tearing up any further.
    At least, now we can shift our focus back to Clementine, who I have a feeling, will be surviving till the very end. Think of taking care of Clementine as Carley's last words if she and Lee ever had a thing going on.

It really sucked bad that she died but I pressed on with the choices I made. I didn't know that she couldn't be saved at that point, but it really made the game that much more personal because I really liked her as a character too. TTG set me up beautifully because in the scene outside the train, I made a decision in the dialog and the toast popped up that said "Carley will remember what you said". Yea, she'll remember for all of 10 seconds before her eye eats a bullet. A damn shame but unexpected and believable for an off kilter crazy power crazed chick with a pistol to do what she did right after Carley called her out on being a scared little girl =\

I did go back and replay the section after I reached the end of the chapter to try to save her, but apparently, she's meant to be dead. The only consolation is that I couldn't have done anything differently to keep her around. . .
  • edited August 2012
    Carley/Doug WILL die.

I was actually pretty surprised they kept Doug alive in Episode 2 but I predicted they will fall in Ep2 or Ep3 so I was right. They have to to reduce the workload for the episodes basically.
  • edited August 2012
    I was crushed when Carly got shot. Normally i try playing through each episode straight through before going back and doing things differently. I actually closed the game cause i couldn't go any further(was able to go back in after getting a drink and cooling off).

So glad i was able to leave Lilly on the side of the road like that, clearly she wasn't leadership material and lost her head. Still wish there was some way to save Carly, or even Duck(annoying as that little brat was...).
  • edited August 2012
    TTG managed to turn my eyes into waterfalls. I'm just happy that she got a quick, painless exit, I was expecting much worse for her.
  • edited August 2012
    Dunno, I expected Doug/Carly to die. Actually expected them to get killed off in episode 2 or something so I was surprised there (but Doug/Carly barely had any screen time in episode 2 so it doesn't really count).

From a technical stand point... I mean I'm sure just about everybody saw it coming because it would be more difficult story wise to keep them alive. Only thing that irks me is that the save Doug/Carly event was about the only thing that players have actually had control over that really impacted the story (pretty much every other choice either adds/subtracts to invisible statistics that get pulled during conversations or the choices actually turn out to be... well, not choices as is the case here).

So chalk one death up to a massive cop out and everybody's pretty much playing the same story now. It's kind of pointless to give a choice and then just erase all the answers later.
  • edited August 2012
    Same... Carleys death felt forced to me... and she was my fav character.... i DESPERATELY want them to patch her back in. It can be done....
  • edited August 2012
    I didnt knew that when on Talking Dead Episode 5.When he asked a question from Patrick If there will a romance budding between Lee and Carley and he said theres hints etc.I srsly didnt Knew that they would kill her :(
  • edited August 2012
    A friend told me their friend was able to get Lilly to shoot Ben instead of Carley in the roadside confrontation... But we all know how reliable that sounds. Has anyone managed to do this by accusing Ben?
  • edited August 2012
    Carley's death was sort of shocking in how it was performed but I knew it was coming, because I just knew what the writers were going for.

I think TTG is going too far with this whole dark storyline thing. They're trying to make the game depressing and hard core to the max but I think this is trying too hard. There's not a single positive thing in the game anymore. That might do it for some but this just screams "We're trying to be edgy!" I dislike it, Death for characters was something you can't avoid no matter what you do as well which is just the final straw.

Minor character or not she was a favourite of mine and one of the few characters I enjoyed having around. Unlike one particular character in Ep.2 whom was only introduced to be killed in the same episode. Knew that one going in but damn that sucked for sure. I get it's a zombie game and it's meant to be bleak but you gotta be able to enjoy the game a bit too. I enjoyed and got immersed with the Carley and Lee relationship that was blossoming. Then I got brought down to reality by the fact that I'm playing a zombie game and the obvious thing to do was kill one of them.

The people saying we're basically all playing the same storyline now make good points, too.
  • edited August 2012
    I think the fact that we all feel so strongly about Carley dying is a testament to how well these games are written. Episode 2 left me shaken when I finished it but this was the first episode I actually had to stop playing midway through because of how hard it hit me. I'm kind of scared for the next episode because I'm not sure I could take it if something happened to Clem.
  • edited August 2012
    PanStrife wrote: »
    There's not a single positive thing in the game anymore.... I enjoyed and got immersed with the Carley and Lee relationship that was blossoming.

What about Clem?

I agree that happiness is hard to come by in the game anymore. There's not much to look forward to anymore beyond protecting Clem, for me.
  • edited August 2012
    Red Panda wrote: »
    What about Clem?

I agree that happiness is hard to come by in the game anymore. There's not much to look forward to anymore beyond protecting Clem, for me.

I think Clem is a given by this point. But I don't like the Clem and Lee relationship because I got sick of having to restart the damn thing each time. So we get these two new people that join the group and I have to listen to the same old "I HOPE YOU CAN TAKE CARE OF HER" crap again from the woman.

It's like god, you just met me and you're making assumptions and things. If we're alive I'm doing something right. I dunno I guess all these people constantly judging Lee having Clem got old fast.
  • edited August 2012
    I think Clem is a given by this point. But I don't like the Clem and Lee relationship because I got sick of having to restart the damn thing each time.

So b/c of this it's not a positive thing?

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "having to restart the damn thing each time." Are you talking about restarting the conversation on taking care of Clem?
  • edited August 2012
    I mean having to prove I'm good at taking care of Clementine to people that are newly introduced. When I say it's a given I mean it's a given that it is a positive thing in the game.
  • edited August 2012
    Forgetting the senselessness of her death, I just hope that someone took Carley aside in the three months between episodes and taught her about batteries. I would feel worse knowing she died without the basic knowledge of polarity.

ep3 lee talks to carley on the first floor of the motel and about the 'torch'
    Razzak wrote: »
    I didnt knew that when on Talking Dead Episode 5.When he asked a question from Patrick If there will a romance budding between Lee and Carley and he said theres hints etc.I srsly didnt Knew that they would kill her :(

they where subtle about it not 'lasting'
    I mean having to prove I'm good at taking care of Clementine to people that are newly introduced. When I say it's a given I mean it's a given that it is a positive thing in the game.

i dunno but in ep3 and ep4 i felt my lee's efforts on clem are being wasted, she was pulling away from lee towards the end like when she asks 'can i tell them?' i wasn't sure what she mean't by that till later on when the walkie started working, but earlier clem was talking to it i thought aww bless she's doing her thang, but now it's oh shit she's actually really talking..
  • edited August 2012
    As pissed off as I am about Carley's death, I would be way more pissed if they brought her back. It's done, now we have to live with it.
  • edited August 2012
    Hey i am really annoyed about carley being shot when it happend i didnt even want to carry on playing anyway maybe they could bring carly back she could have just been grazed by the bullet.No one even checked to she if she was dead the group could meet up with her again.I wont be buying anymore episodes unless carly comes back my friends also said the same.

Please say in the comments that you want carly back and make a thread about this and then maybe telltale games will see that we want carly back.

I liked Carley but she's gone. We're going to lose people. I was shocked by her death and then losing Kat and Duck not much later but its something thats going to happen. You just got to move on. The only person I can bear to lose is Clem.

About it being too dark, I dont mind that at all. Its a really dark world these characters live in. The comic and the tv show are much the same. They did put little touches of humor in the episode to lighten things up. I laughed at the faces Clementine made when Lee was cutting her hair.
  • edited August 2012
    I liked Carley very much. When i saw her death, i tried several times again, to save her. It broken my heart, after conversation in motel... I wish she will be with rest now, U can take Ben, but leave her ^^ I think u liked her too... Very sad. I don't know that i can play ep 4 after that... She was one of my favorite character in game, like Clem.
  • edited August 2012
    In the comic there really isn't much to be happy about either :P. Any happiness usually ends in T_T.
  • edited August 2012
    This scene man, I hate it and want her back. :(
    So cool there actually was romance and then that, don't know what to say... its cool to care about the characters, its kind of a compliment, but her death depresses me nah
  • edited August 2012
    She was not just grazed by the bullet. The bullet entered her skull through her forehead and left her skull at the back. There is simply no way for Carley to walk something like this off. Point blank penetration of skull is fatal, since brain is mostly liquid-like matter, that is keeping its volume through thin membrane and being enclosed in skull. If the bullet lodges itself in the brain without making exit hole, then there is slight chance of survival with high chance of living like vegetable for rest of the life, but again, point blank penetration of skull is fatal. So yeah, without any further ado - Carley brain was blown out and spilt on the ground. She is dead, time to move on.
This discussion has been closed.