[SPOILERS] CARLEY [Ep 3 discussion]

Comments

• edited September 2012
    ... to the ambulance..

Carley is dead.
  • edited September 2012
    unless she got medivac'd to a hospital as soon as you drove off, she'd bleed out from blood loss, and Lilly didn't exactly run off to get towels to slow the bleeding :(
  • edited September 2012
    Carley is dead. End of discussion. It sucks, it's painful, and it isn't fair for her or Lee, but she's dead. Save a dream/hallucination, we won't be seeing her again.
  • edited September 2012
    i really hope Lee sees her in a dream, just to have some closure. It just happened so fast and nothing was said about it
  • edited September 2012
    Xarne wrote: »
    Carley is dead.

However, all of this is pointless for Carley if help doesn't come along and able to give medical aid.

I believe I covered that part or did you stopped reading.
  • edited September 2012
    I believe I covered that part or did you stopped reading.

Well you were talking about ambulances like that service is still available. It's not. Even if it were, there's no 911 to alert anymore the ambulance. That miracle scenario you presented only existed because there were medical services at the ready to assist.
  • edited September 2012
    oh Carley... so many feels... :(

the thing is, i felt that this is EXACTLY something Kirkman would have done. get attached to a character, and when things start to look rosy, he'd kill 'em off without so much of a warning.

i remembered what Lee said to Katjaa afterwards about romance not being a good idea at the time. Part of me felt that it was Telltale's way of saying they've heard what the fans wanted and gave in.

now if only it lasted until finale... :(
  • edited September 2012
    Just a movement to Bring Back Carly or Doug in a later episode or for Telltale to release a patch to allow these characters to live on. Lets make #BringBackCarly & #BringBackDoug trending on twiter. Make sure tweet these and this facebook page http://www.facebook.com/BringBackCarlyBringBackDougTheWalkingDeadGame@Telltalegames Now I am not completely torn about there deaths I just want more choice in The Walking Dead.
  • edited September 2012
    get over it, they're dead, dude. you people couldn't handle the comics.
  • edited September 2012
    I have read some of the comics, I just would like more a chance to have them live.
  • edited September 2012
    #SixSeasonsAndAMovie
  • edited September 2012
    You know what, it would actually be nice to see characters come back with a chance of hope you know?
    Instead of just following with the comics and staying dead, with no chance of surviving.
  • edited September 2012
    You know what, it would actually be nice to see characters come back with a chance of hope you know?
    Instead of just following with the comics and staying dead, with no chance of surviving.

Exactly that's why at least i want a patch where i can save Carly and Doug from the A-Hole Lily and Ben, oh Ben whats not talk about him, because it will be very uncivil.
  • edited September 2012
    marcu5 wrote: »
    get over it, they're dead, dude. you people couldn't handle the comics.

If this game played like the comics, people would be in therapy
    btw I just read #100...omg
  • edited September 2012
    Exactly that's why at least i want a patch where i can save Carly and Doug from the A-Hole Lily and Ben, oh Ben whats not talk about him, because it will be very uncivil.

No thanks.
  • edited September 2012
    Episode? Nah

Patch them back in? Think about what you're asking for - they'd have to rehire the VA's, create new content, and probably remake episodes 3, 4 and 5 to cover it... Might as well ask them to make a new game.

Next Season? Sure - maybe a cameo showing they've survived.... of course, I have no idea how the bullet hit Doug... is it even possible in his case? Carley... might have survived depending on the point of impact.
  • edited September 2012
    We should all get an Eye-Patch-Carley avatar.
  • edited September 2012
    If this game played like the comics, people would be in therapy

Not the point, and people are more angry that there was no way to save her and how this game so damn linear compared to how they described the game originally.
  • edited September 2012
    Seath wrote: »
    We should all get an Eye-Patch-Carley avatar.

Don't steal mine :p

Make your own. :p
  • edited September 2012
    DreadMagus wrote: »
    Episode? Nah

Patch them back in? Think about what you're asking for - they'd have to rehire the VA's, create new content, and probably remake episodes 3, 4 and 5 to cover it... Might as well ask them to make a new game.

Next Season? Sure - maybe a cameo showing they've survived.... of course, I have no idea how the bullet hit Doug... is it even possible in his case? Carley... might have survived depending on the point of impact.

Maybe it is to much to ask, but it doesn't hurt to ask and try.
  • edited September 2012
    Not that you mention it, the ending to Moby Dick was kind of a bummer. Let's rewrite that too, pep it up a bit
  • edited September 2012
    Not that you mention it, the ending to Moby Dick was kind of a bummer. Let's rewrite that too, pep it up a bit

Maybe we should, lol
  • edited September 2012
    How about Old Yeller? Let's go unshot the dog.
  • edited September 2012
    Cyreen wrote: »

Way sadder moment, but lets give it a shot, LOL
  • edited September 2012
    Cyreen wrote: »

LOL Bravo! I was looking for something like that, but its 3am here, so tired, the whale was the best I had
  • edited September 2012
    DreadMagus wrote: »
    Carley... might have survived depending on the point of impact.

Well if you look close she gets shot close to the eye not dead center so maybe
  • edited September 2012
    LOL Bravo! I was looking for something like that, but its 3am here, so tired, the whale was the best I had

Ahhh damn I was hoping for more arguing and witty responses on both ends
  • edited September 2012
    ya you know what, lets give it a shot- lets call 911...oh wait! ZA: operators dead
    ok maybe we can call for an ambulance...oh wait! ZA: EMS dead

dang.../sadface
  • edited September 2012
    ya you know what, lets give it a shot- lets call 911...oh wait! ZA: operators dead
    ok maybe we can call for an ambulance...oh wait! ZA: EMS dead

dang.../sadface

Well damn i guess we should just give up, oh wait that wouldnt be fun or awesome and here is my response
  • edited September 2012
    Best scenario, the bullet missed the brain, but she bled out (head wounds are bad for that) and Carley's a walker.
  • edited September 2012
    Carley and clementine were the only things that kept me going. Carley certainly was certainly very strong woman, ,made me feel secure, someone i could count on and she was so suddenly shot by kelly. madwomen i dunno why did she do that, this gun toting, pointing anyone whom you hate just can do so much harm.
  • edited September 2012
    The maddest thing by far in all this, has nothing to do with the developers.

I got to the end of the episode, and up came the stats... this was the true shock of the episode for me.

After blowing Carley's brains out, MOST PEOPLE CHOSE TO TAKE LILLY WITH THEM...

That, for me, was unfathomable and unbelievable. Why, people, why??
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited September 2012
    Nokando wrote: »

Execution is normally performed with the person to be executed present.

On a serious note: Because she's wacko. And in the former non-zombie world, people like that deserved our pity.
  • N7.N7.
    edited September 2012
    Carley is dead and it was a good choise
  • edited September 2012
    Nokando wrote: »
    After blowing Carley's brains out, MOST PEOPLE CHOSE TO TAKE LILLY WITH THEM...

Its funny, I saved her because she's still human and we need as many as we can find but at the same time, Ben my man, you are on borrowed time.
    Unlike Ben and despite all her flaws, Lily always had the group in mind and I would never have to worry about some bandit drama or the safety of the group as a whole with her
  • edited September 2012
    YamiRaziel wrote: »
    You can tell that Christa hasn't stumbled upon a herd. If she had, she would never suggest that :) Being only 2 in a group is a death wish. Either the dead or the living will eventually get you.
    The only chance of survival is within a very large group with capable and determined leaders.

A game like this should let you choose whether you want a large group or a small group, hell you could even leave the "missions" the same just with different people. This would be the minimum of what i would be expecting though

Like in ep 2, as soon as i saw those two guys i was like sod this, im not going with them. There should have been an option like that. maybe you explore and find their farm if you choose not too. (im only suggesting this because i know the devs are shits cunts and cant push out games within their dead lines) Hell i dont mind waiting longer for a better experience. The thing everyone hates is that your choices do not matter. which is why im sure at least 50% of people bought this game. me included. Hell, i reckon you should be able to ditch clem if you wanted to and just continue the game without her.
  • edited September 2012
    Havocbeast wrote: »
    Reading all these comments are hilarious. Seriously, people die in the walking dead. so what? It's supposed to be shocking. It's supposed to anger you. It's supposed to make you annoyed. It's supposed to make you depressed. It's not heroic. It's not a happy ending.

I don't know if you guys have noticed but this is THE WALKING DEAD! Not My Little Pony Adventure Time Happy Ending Game. If you want to play a game with butterflies, rainbows and happy endings, then please play another game.

Seriously, stop crying about choices either. Yes, the developers want to harp on choices and how they matter. And yes, some do, some don't. But just imagine playing this game without having all these choices. I mean, what if you're playing Uncharted or some other game where there is a linear storyline. You didn't complain about that linear storyline did you? (well maybe you did). But think about it, if it wasn't for these choices, you wouldn't even be on these forums talking about any of your decisions throughout the episodes.

yea but those games have actual GAMEPLAY, this is a point and click mainly played for its story. Imagine reading one of those choose your own adventure book and every option led to the same place. Thats what this is doing.
  • edited September 2012
    A game like this should let you choose whether you want a large group or a small group, hell you could even leave the "missions" the same just with different people. This would be the minimum of what i would be expecting though

Like in ep 2, as soon as i saw those two guys i was like sod this, im not going with them. There should have been an option like that. maybe you explore and find their farm if you choose not too. (im only suggesting this because i know the devs are shits cunts and cant push out games within their dead lines) Hell i dont mind waiting longer for a better experience. The thing everyone hates is that your choices do not matter. which is why im sure at least 50% of people bought this game. me included. Hell, i reckon you should be able to ditch clem if you wanted to and just continue the game without her.

Good posts, but for the detail you (and most of this forum) is expecting would take *waaaaaay* more time and money than would be within the budget of this modestly priced game. You think people get upset waiting 2 mos for an episode, they would scream bloody murder waiting for something to release with the scope that is being asked for, imo.
  • edited September 2012
    Good posts, but for the detail you (and most of this forum) is expecting would take *waaaaaay* more time and money than would be within the budget of this modestly priced game. You think people get upset waiting 2 mos for an episode, they would scream bloody murder waiting for something to release with the scope that is being asked for, imo.

You don't advertise it as if 'your choices tailors the game', then. And i'd rather wait some more and pay some more than play incomplete game. Besides, visual novels goes only twice as much as all 5 episodes, and offer much more choice of action.
  • edited September 2012
    Maugly wrote: »
    You don't advertise it as if 'your choices tailors the game', then. And i'd rather wait some more and pay some more than play incomplete game. Besides, visual novels goes only twice as much as all 5 episodes, and offer much more choice of action.

People seem to think a 'tailored game' means 'we'll deviate from our original story to follow the whims of all our players' when it doesnt. And your definition of incomplete apparently is different from TTGs
This discussion has been closed.