[SPOILERS] CARLEY [Ep 3 discussion]

Comments

• edited September 2012
    People seem to think a 'tailored game' means 'we'll deviate from our original story to follow the whims of all our players' when it doesnt. And your definition of incomplete apparently is different from TTGs

In the first place, no-one cares what TTG think. People expect something from the game/book/movie, and they get very upset if you don't give that to them.
    And saying 'we meant completely different thing in our advertisement!' is pretty much like confessing you're doing false advertisement.

And this is not about Carley, this is about how we've been robbed of any effect of our choices on the story. I pretty much was expecting Carley being eaten in ep.2 while the rest were away at the diary, and I was like 'thanks god you're alive' when she was back. But this time TTG just openly admitted 'your choices don't really matter, we lie to you'.
  • edited September 2012
    I mean, TTG have pretty good scenarist, if you needed to remove Carley there were so many possibilities which give at least an illusion of a choice. IDK, I'm not a writer, let us shoot Lily before she attacks Carley, Carley gets mad at us, runs into woods and gets eaten, or something. What they did is completely lame and disrespectful to players.
  • edited September 2012
    Xarne wrote: »
    Well you were talking about ambulances like that service is still available. It's not. Even if it were, there's no 911 to alert anymore the ambulance. That miracle scenario you presented only existed because there were medical services at the ready to assist.

Miracles can happen and they do happen. There is nothing wrong in people wishing for Carley to be saved somehow and I'm one of them. However, I have no problem in admitting the chances of another group of survivors with a good medical doctor (and a well equipped one at that) happening along later and finding her and willing to help is probably one in a million.
  • edited September 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/sFxfglZsn7E

Carly is seen shot in lower face if you look closely, she could of had a great chance of survival. Many characters in TWD universe have survived headshots mainly carl who was shot in the eye
  • edited September 2012
    Tweet or post #BringBackCarly & #BringBackDoug on Twitter @telltalegames then post the same on Telltale Games facebook.
  • edited September 2012
    All right then! This is a great plan! While we are at it, let's bring back
    Glen, his head is only a puddle now after being beaten to death, he can survive that right? Tyresse can come back, decapitation's aren't fatal at all! Lori only took a shotgun blast at point blank, she can come back too!

And Carley and Doug can TOTALLY come back after being SHOT IN THE HEAD! Left with NO medical attention at all, lost IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FOREST! Where walkers probably found them, oh yeah and we are GOD KNOWS HOW FAR AWAY FROM THEM RIGHT NOW!

Face it! They are dead! It's Walking Dead! People die, good people, and there is nothing you can do about it! If Telltale really does bring them back, then they have lost all respect I've had of them.
  • edited September 2012
    It seems really weird that the group didnt give two shits about Carley/Doug, and left them there for Zombie food, without checking pulse/life signs.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited September 2012
    Could you guys do me a favor?

Report every new "Save Carley" thread you see popping up immediately. We've got one already and there's one particularly idiotic poster who keeps making new threads and insults anyone with a differing opinion. Thanks!
  • edited September 2012
    Seath wrote: »
    It seems really weird that the group didnt give two shits about Carley/Doug, and left them there for Zombie food, without checking pulse/life signs.

That is certainly a mistep on Telltale's part, but by now they ARE dead. There is no way someone with such a head wound can survive the walk all the way to Savannah unarmed, with no food, and a massive head injury.
  • edited September 2012
    Miracles can happen and they do happen. There is nothing wrong in people wishing for Carley to be saved somehow and I'm one of them. However, I have no problem in admitting the chances of another group of survivors with a good medical doctor (and a well equipped one at that) happening along later and finding her and willing to help is probably one in a million.

1) Actually, miracles can't happen and don't happen. Really. Magic does not really exist.
    2) Well equipped as in a state of the art brain surgery hospital, following cryogenic evacuation from the field by helicopter.
    3) In emergency situations, major incidents and disasters there is a system called 'triage'. Any medical professional coming across a casualty shot in the head during a zombie apocalypse would count her as dead. The medical professionals who had spent any time trying to help people in that state would have already been eaten. Probably by other medical professionals! ;)
    Execution is normally performed with the person to be executed present.

On a serious note: Because she's wacko. And in the former non-zombie world, people like that deserved our pity.

Vainamoinen, there is wacko, and there is psycopathic. Someone who just shot someone in the head based on a (misguided) hunch, thinking that is the best way to resolve the argument, has crossed the line.

I'm an open minded chap, but I can't drum up too much pity for psycopaths, and wouldn't choose them as travelling companions :D
  • edited September 2012
    Tweet or post #BringBackCarly & #BringBackDoug on Twitter @telltalegames then post the same on Telltale Games facebook.

I actually think upping these trends is bad idea. All this hype in the Twitter will make people buy ep.3 to see what's actually happened. Do you really want to promote TTG because of the bad decision they made? They'll be just happy they killed Carley/Doug.
    I think writing them paper mail would be much better idea. Just fancy them having to sort out thousands of envelopes!
  • edited September 2012
    Could you guys do me a favor?

Report every new "Save Carley" thread you see popping up immediately. We've got one already and there's one particularly idiotic poster who keeps making new threads and insults anyone with a differing opinion. Thanks!

This is my only thread, and i am posting my opinion, I made this thread 8 hours ago, why all the hate with wanting one of are favorite characters back
  • edited September 2012
    Maugly wrote: »
    I actually think upping these trends is bad idea. All this hype in the Twitter will make people buy ep.3 to see what's actually happened. Do you really want to promote TTG because of the bad decision they made? They'll be just happy they killed Carley/Doug.
    I think writing them paper mail would be much better idea. Just fancy them having to sort out thousands of envelopes!

With 1k+ letters they can ignore silently, with this trending it is very public
  • edited September 2012
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    All right then! This is a great plan! While we are at it, let's bring back
    Glen, his head is only a puddle now after being beaten to death, he can survive that right? Tyresse can come back, decapitation's aren't fatal at all! Lori only took a shotgun blast at point blank, she can come back too!

And Carley and Doug can TOTALLY come back after being SHOT IN THE HEAD! Left with NO medical attention at all, lost IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FOREST! Where walkers probably found them, oh yeah and we are GOD KNOWS HOW FAR AWAY FROM THEM RIGHT NOW!

Face it! They are dead! It's Walking Dead! People die, good people, and there is nothing you can do about it! If Telltale really does bring them back, then they have lost all respect I've had of them.

Good points but I will stand firm, Carly was clearly shot in the lower face, not a fatal wound and the group didn't give two shits, you can hear her breath after shot.
  • edited September 2012
    This is my only thread, and i am posting my opinion, I made this thread 8 hours ago, why all the hate with wanting one of are favorite characters back

He may not have been talking about you, but there are way too many threads about this one death like Telltale insulted God or worse, when all they did was kill off 1 character.

No one seems to get that this is based off the comic book series, where the creators idea of celebrating the 100th issue was to kill off the fan favorite by beating him to death with a baseball bat!
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited September 2012

I wasn't talking about you AT ALL here.

Still, this is a "want Carley back" thread and was merged into the old one as a consequence. Please don't see this as some kind of punishment - I've been receiving dire pleas from community members to have some more merged threads because of all the duplicate discussion.

The guy in question has made half a dozen threads with lots of different accounts, naming most "How will Carley come back". He is no longer welcome here.

Let me make it abundantly clear: If you're disappointed because the character is gone and you somehow would like her back, this forum IS the place to voice and discuss.

For insults against anyone who accepts this death as an inevitable part of the story, this forum is the wrong place. For some kind of countermovement/revolution in dozens of identical Carley threads, this forum is also the wrong place.
  • edited September 2012
    He may not have been talking about you, but there are way too many threads about this one death like Telltale insulted God or worse, when all they did was kill off 1 character.

No one seems to get that this is based off the comic book series, where the creators idea of celebrating the 100th issue was to kill off the fan favorite by beating him to death with a baseball bat!

Good point, some people do take it overbord, really want them to bring them back, but I wont be overly pissed if they dont
  • edited September 2012
    Good point, some people do take it overbord, really want them to bring them back, but I wont be overly pissed if they dont

It's good that you want a character back, that means Telltale wrote them really well, but don't expect them to come back.
  • edited September 2012
    It's good that you want a character back, that means Telltale wrote them really well, but don't expect them to come back.

I know, but i am and optimistic person
  • edited September 2012
    Hang on a sec, isn't it ironic that we are complaining about 'bring dead people back' threads, when at the end of the day that's the whole point of the zombie apocalypse? ;)

I blame christianity. That popularised all this back from the dead nonsense in the first place, when in actuality the crucifixion 1st team were on holiday & the reserve crew messed it up.
  • edited September 2012

In Doug's case there was definitely a chance, but just to beat that dead horse 1 more time for good measure: they're dead. As in doornails. Bought the farm. Kicked the bucket. Kaput. Finito. Hasta la vista. Game Over (literally).

Let's all bow our head and give closure to their untimely demise and like this topic, may they rest in peace.
  • edited September 2012
    If this game played like the comics, people would be in therapy
    btw I just read #100...omg

This is an interactive game where we are in the middle of it and controlling (mostly) how events and our relationships with the characters plays out. We weren't reading about Lee Everette who lost Carley to a gunshot. We ARE Lee Everette who lost Carley to a gunshot. It's a no brainier people are going to take her death more personally than reading it happening in a comic book.
  • edited September 2012
    I hate that they killed Carley... Even wished that TTG would of gave us a chance to save her, but in no way should TTG bring her back. She got shot point blank in the face there is no coming back from that! At lest not in a zombie infested world.

This is The Walking Dead people die! No one is safe! (except maybe Lee only cause we are playing him) The fact that people are as emotional about Carley's death just going to show that TTG has done an awesome job and creating characters that we care about.
  • edited September 2012
    Keladis wrote: »
    I hate that they killed Carley... Even wished that TTG would of gave us a chance to save her, but in no way should TTG bring her back. She got shot point blank in the face there is no coming back from that! At lest not in a zombie infested world.

This is The Walking Dead people die! No one is safe! (except maybe Lee only cause we are playing him) The fact that people are as emotional about Carley's death just going to show that TTG has done an awesome job and creating characters that we care about.

I'm pissed that she has to die the way she did, if you look closely she was shot in the lower face cheek area, I am pretty sure that is less lethal than full on headshot. She also doesn't fall down dead if you listen she is breathing, and no one gives a shit, not even Lee who was starting to have feeling for her in my playthrough. Also we are right next to lilly and there was no chance to bat away the gun.
  • edited September 2012
    It's interesting to notice that Ben does not do much in the rest of the episode. That means they could just as much drag Carley/Doug along instead of Ben.
  • edited September 2012
    Maugly wrote: »
    It's interesting to notice that Ben does not do much in the rest of the episode. That means they could just as much drag Carley/Doug along instead of Ben.

Exactly, Ben is a waste of a character compared to Doug and Carly
  • edited September 2012
    Its not the fact that she died, It's more the way how they did it. BOOM bye Carley (my favo character). 1min later bye lilly. 5min later bye katje etc... And we couldn't do anything about it.
  • edited September 2012
    Nokando wrote: »
    1) Actually, miracles can't happen and don't happen. Really. Magic does not really exist.
    2) Well equipped as in a state of the art brain surgery hospital, following cryogenic evacuation from the field by helicopter.
    3) In emergency situations, major incidents and disasters there is a system called 'triage'. Any medical professional coming across a casualty shot in the head during a zombie apocalypse would count her as dead. The medical professionals who had spent any time trying to help people in that state would have already been eaten. Probably by other medical professionals! ;)

1/ Then lets call it dumb luck if you like. ;)
    2/ If the back of Carley's head exploded then a lot of this discussion would be over. If Lee or someone actually checked her but it seemed everyone assumed Carley was dead.
    3/ Give it up. I think a lot of us in the Carley camp would like to give the girl a chance, regardless how slim. The only ones who has the final say in this debate is TTG and I will willingly accept it either way.

If you like to know, in another thread I might a point which is against her possible return... at least to the group. If Carley somehow survived she is going to be PI**ED to no end that she was left for dead, making any reunion nearly impossible. :(
  • edited September 2012
    1/ Then lets call it dumb luck if you like. ;)
    2/ If the back of Carley's head exploded then a lot of this discussion would be over. If Lee or someone actually checked her but it seemed everyone assumed Carley was dead.
    3/ Give it up. I think a lot of us in the Carley camp would like to give the girl a chance, regardless how slim. The only ones who has the final say in this debate is TTG and I will willingly accept it either way.

If you like to know, in another thread I might a point which is against her possible return... at least to the group. If Carley somehow survived she is going to be PI**ED to no end that she was left for dead, making any reunion nearly impossible. :(

Yea for 2 Carly was shot in the lower face i am surprised about how many people don't notice this. And she can be heard breathing and no one does anything if anything closure would have been nice, minimum. For 3, yea TTG has final say so, i just hope they take fan feedback into consideration
  • edited September 2012
    How Lee handled Carleys Death was really sloppy written in my opinion.
    There was no time for a burial? Because what? Walkers?

He should have carried her into the RV, you just dont let somebody lying on the side on the street, especially sb who you liked. He should have hoped that she somehow survived the shot. (Remember Carl in the Comics? Yup sb. blew half of his face off) Heck, I would have been happy if he could just shed a tear.

I mean there was so much potential on how to handle the loss of a dear groupmember. Not just let him lay on the side of a road and devote him 2 speech lines. (Ben and Katjaa).

I kinda got that feeling that her death wasn't planned, but got changed mid development, because they couldnt keep up with the deadlines.

Agree 100%
  • edited September 2012
    I'm pissed that she has to die the way she did, if you look closely she was shot in the lower face cheek area, I am pretty sure that is less lethal than full on headshot. She also doesn't fall down dead if you listen she is breathing, and no one gives a shit, not even Lee who was starting to have feeling for her in my playthrough. Also we are right next to lilly and there was no chance to bat away the gun.

I am not 100% sure but I believe that sniper are suppose to aim for the cheek area of the face somewhere around or below the eyes but above the mouth, so I would believe that her being shot in the check would be more deadly, but I could be wrong.

I do agree the way she die was shitty, but shit happens not a lot we can do about it.

I think they handle that scene all wrong after she was shot because like you said after she was shot it seemed like it was omg wtf did you do and everyone moved on and just assumed she was dead and moved on without even a second thought.

I really think that after Lee disarmed Lily they should of had him and others check on make it feel like people cared. I also for one wouldn't have left her just lying on the side of the road if I had a choice.

I also agree with you I think we should of had a option to try and stop Lily. In fact I think we should of had a chance to take on more of a leadership role with the group by the start of chapter 3 because I for one felt something bad was coming with the way Lily was losing it after the death of her father and I for one would not of allowed her to carry a gun. She was too unstable.
  • edited September 2012
    I am not 100% sure but I believe that sniper are suppose to aim for the cheek area of the face somewhere around or below the eyes but above the mouth, so I would believe that her being shot in the check would be more deadly, but I could be wrong.

I do agree the way she die was shitty, but shit happens not a lot we can do about it.

I think they handle that scene all wrong after she was shot because like you said after she was shot it seemed like it was omg wtf did you do and everyone moved on and just assumed she was dead and moved on without even a second thought.

I really think that after Lee disarmed Lily they should of had him and others check on make it feel like people cared. I also for one wouldn't have left her just lying on the side of the road if I had a choice.

I also agree with you I think we should of had a option to try and stop Lily. In fact I think we should of had a chance to take on more of a leadership role with the group by the start of chapter 3 because I for one felt something bad was coming with the way Lily was losing it after the death of her father and I for one would not of allowed her to carry a gun. She was too unstable.

I think they typically aim for around the heart region. On a long range shot, near center of mass is your best probability for a hit.
  • edited September 2012
    Ezrawa wrote: »
    Its not the fact that she died, It's more the way how they did it. BOOM bye Carley (my favo character). 1min later bye lilly. 5min later bye katje etc... And we couldn't do anything about it.

Lilly had to leave to fufill comic canon, you were watching Carley, not Lilly when she shot you, so you didn't even know she had the gun, and you weren't even with Katjaa when she committed suicide, so that is also not a possibility.
  • edited September 2012
    I think they typically aim for around the heart region. On a long range shot, near center of mass is your best probability for a hit.

That's probably the preferred target but I am talking about when they have to take a head shot. I believe they aim for something they call a T zone, which is the are around the eyes and cheek.

Like I said I could be wrong as I am no sniper, but I think that is something I read or seen in a documentary.
  • edited September 2012
    This is an interactive game where we are in the middle of it and controlling (mostly) how events and our relationships with the characters plays out. We weren't reading about Lee Everette who lost Carley to a gunshot. We ARE Lee Everette who lost Carley to a gunshot. It's a no brainier people are going to take her death more personally than reading it happening in a comic book.

Oh come now, it's not like you're in the RV with them, cold and half starved. You're still in your underwear, behind a keyboard, warm in your house. Please.
    And that wasnt the point about the comics, the level of interaction, it's the level of unspeakable acts that happen to these people not only by the walkers but by their own kind (humans). Makes this game look like The Sims: Undead.
  • edited September 2012
    staff wrote: »
    Not possible She is not dead She is Alive because Clearly she got shot in the cheek....

haha someone said this earlier and got banned
  • edited September 2012
    Lilly had to leave to fufill comic canon, you were watching Carley, not Lilly when she shot you, so you didn't even know she had the gun, and you weren't even with Katjaa when she committed suicide, so that is also not a possibility.

Exactly. This is whats stupid. Basically Lilly killing Carley/Doug was just an "excuse" for her to leave. It was sloppy writing
  • edited September 2012
    haha someone said this earlier and got banned

I have said this numerous times with a better description and I didn't get banned, time to push my luck, LOL
  • edited September 2012
    It was just sloppy writing. Having Lilly kill Carley/Doug just so she could leave, so she could be in the book/comic
  • edited September 2012
    That's probably the preferred target but I am talking about when they have to take a head shot. I believe they aim for something they call a T zone, which is the are around the eyes and cheek.

Like I said I could be wrong as I am no sniper, but I think that is something I read or seen in a documentary.

I think the Tzone is across the forehead and down the middle of your face (down your nose) forming a T.
This discussion has been closed.