[SPOILERS] CARLEY [Ep 3 discussion]

Comments

• edited September 2012
    I wonder how Larry would have reacted to Lilly shooting Carley. I mean, he has to draw the line somewhere, right?
  • edited September 2012
    Larry would of sided with Lilly! (Like always)
  • edited September 2012
    staff wrote: »
    Why Not had We Choice For Saving Carley In The Episode 3????????

like i said before. it was just an "excuse" Telltale made up just so they could get rid of Lilly, so she could join the book/comic
  • edited September 2012
    Keladis wrote: »
    Larry would of sided with Lilly! (Like always)
    Probably, but what about when it came to throwing her out or keeping her? I doubt Larry would've been tied up, but he probably wouldn't be eager to being thrown out.
  • edited September 2012
    Probably, but what about when it came to throwing her out or keeping her? I doubt Larry would've been tied up, but he probably wouldn't be eager to being thrown out.

I think that if you kick out Lily, you'd have to kick out Larry.
  • edited September 2012

same
  • edited September 2012

I meant more about the trouble he'd cause in the conflict. I'd imagine he would put a more physical fight than Lily did.
  • edited September 2012
    like i said before. it was just an "excuse" Telltale made up just so they could get rid of Lilly, so she could join the book/comic

TellTale could have done many other things that lead to Lilly leaving the group. They chose for her to snap and kill Carley/Doug. It wasn't "sloppy" writing at all. It showed just how badly the events of the last two episodes had effected her. It was a shocking and great way to send off her character, in my opinion
    exactly Clearly she got shot in the cheek

Some of you guys are getting a bit delusional, lol.
  • edited September 2012

Well you can see the bullet hit her left cheek. Its not an exact headshot
  • edited September 2012

I don't think anybody is questioning whether she got hit in the cheek, the question is whether she'd survive the bullet. I'm not saying she survived, but in the Kirkman comic, which people here claim to be canon, Carl got shot in the eye and survived, didn't he?
  • edited September 2012
    I don't think anybody is questioning whether she got hit in the cheek, the question is whether she'd survive the bullet. I'm not saying she survived, but in the Kirkman comic, which people here claim to be canon, Carl got shot in the eye.

exactly. and i think you would have a higher chance of survival if you got hit in the cheek as opposed to the forehead or the eye
  • edited September 2012
    exactly. and i think you would have a higher chance of survival if you got hit in the cheek as opposed to the forehead or the eye

Don't get me wrong, I think she is dead, but people shouldn't dismiss what other people think as delusional when that same "delusion" happened in the comic they praise so much.
  • edited September 2012
    I don't think anybody is questioning whether she got hit in the cheek, the question is whether she'd survive the bullet. I'm not saying she survived, but in the Kirkman comic, which people here claim to be canon, Carl got shot in the eye and survived, didn't he?

It was a glancing shot through his eye. They were completely different wounds. You're also conveniently leaving out the fact he got immediate medical attention from a trained physician that was reasonably well stocked with medical supplies. The two situations were entirely different.

Delusional, etc.
  • edited September 2012
    It was a glancing shot through his eye. They were completely different wounds. You're also conveniently leaving out the fact he got immediate medical attention from a trained physician that was reasonably well stocked with medical supplies. The two situations were entirely different.

Delusional, etc.

Hadn't read too much of the comics, but had heard that Carl had gotten shot in the eye. Again, I still think she is dead, but grow up a bit. Just because someone doesn't agree, with you doesn't mean you should insult them.

I don't know about you, but THAT is not a glancing shot.
    http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRF-WD2SaJw0t9och4hH7MOjaMNvsjMUlJulzbnVjcHyb562ya&t=1
  • edited September 2012
    Hadn't read too much of the comics, but had heard that Carl had gotten shot in the eye. Again, I still think she is dead, but grow up a bit. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean you should insult them.

That doesn't look like a glancing shot btw

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x9/blackcanary2000/more%2520pca/Even%2520More%2520PCA/Walking_Dead-83-Carl-shot.jpg

People saying that she was still breathing and that there was a chance she was going to survive in that situation is the definition of being delusional. I'm sorry that you don't like that.

He was shot in the eye and it wrecked his eye socket but the bullet still exited without causing brain damage. Carley was shot in the center of her face on the side of the road where there was no possibility for medical attention. Your link doesn't work, btw (nevermind, it works now). It's easier to find that picture on the wiki.
  • edited September 2012
    People saying that she was still breathing and that there was a chance she was going to survive in that situation is the definition of being delusional. I'm sorry that you don't like that.

He was shot in the eye and it wrecked his eye socket but the bullet still exited without causing brain damage. Carley was shot in the center of her face on the side of the road where there was no possibility for medical attention. Your link doesn't work, btw (nevermind, it works now). It's easier to find that picture on the wiki.

What I don't like is the attitude you seem to take towards people that think that. If you don't like what they have to say, just ignore it. I'm not going to argue with you over whether she survived. There was no medical attention and I think even if she survived the shot, she most likely bled out quickly.

Yeah, I posted the link and went back to check it, found it didn't work and changed it.

I'm curious btw what was Carl shot in the head with?
  • edited September 2012
    Originally Posted by DawgTheGamer View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/sFxfglZsn7E

Carly is seen shot in lower face if you look closely, she could of had a great chance of survival. Many characters in TWD universe have survived headshots mainly carl who was shot in the eye
    exactly Clearly she got shot in the cheek

Here is some things to think about even if she got shot in the cheek, which if you slow it down and look carefully it clear she did.

First she was turning into the bullet, so it is highly unlikely that the bullet grazed the cheek.

Second watching the scene in slow motion it does not look like the bullet pass threw.

Third the only person that might of had a chance to save her was Katjaa being a Veterinarian and she was in no condition to try and save her (her son had just been bite and is dying) and even if she was the chance that they had the medical supple to remove the bullet and stop the bleeding are very unlikely.

Fourth It did not look like they had much of a chance to grab any medication like antibiotics (which they would of needed to help Carley pull through) while they was fighting back at the Hotel; Otherwise Katjaa would of probably been nursing Duck better.

All in all the chances that Carley survived was extremely low.

As for Carl surviving a worse shot to the head they had actually surgeon and doctors working on him.

Andrea in comics, as well as Daryl Dixon in the TV series was grazed
  • edited September 2012
    What I don't like is the attitude you seem to take towards people that think that. If you don't like what they have to say, just ignore it. I'm not going to argue with you over whether she survived. There was no medical attention and I think even if she survived the shot, she most likely bled out quickly.

Yeah, I posted the link and went back to check it, found it didn't work and changed it.

I'm curious btw what was Carl shot in the head with?

I can understand that people liked her character so much that they didn't want her to die, it was the last thing I wanted to happen. I also might have been blunt but it doesn't make what I'm saying any less true. You could have just as easily taken the advice you gave me as well, no?
    It's been a minute since I've read that issue but, he was shot with a handgun. I don't recall the caliber. Carl was also conscious after he was shot.
  • edited September 2012
    I can understand that people liked her character so much that they didn't want her to die, it was the last thing I wanted to happen. I also might have been blunt but it doesn't make what I'm saying any less true. You could have just as easily have taken the advice you gave me as well, no?
    It's been a minute since I've read that issue but, he was shot with a handgun. I don't recall the caliber. Carl was also conscious after he was shot.

My intention was not to belittle you, and if I did, then I'm truly sorry. I feel like we're on similar ground, both believe that she is dead and not coming back. I just don't feel like trying to convince some people that she is not coming back is a worthwhile effort. Why even bother calling them delusional? They are free to choose to believe what they want. Who are we to stand in their way or belittle them for that?
  • edited September 2012
    My intention was not to belittle you, and if I did, then I'm truly sorry. I feel like we're on similar ground, both believe that she is dead and not coming back. I just don't feel like trying to convince some people that she is not coming back is a worthwhile effort. Why even bother calling them delusional? They are free to choose to believe what they want. Who are we to stand in their way or belittle them for that?

No way, I'm not offended, nor do I feel belittled. You didn't like the tone of my post, I can understand that. I'm just getting a bit annoyed when people choose to call the writing/story of this game sloppy or lazy because an event transpired that they didn't like. It's what prompted me to post in this thread in first place.
  • edited September 2012
    No way, I'm not offended, nor do I feel belittled. You didn't like the tone of my post, I can understand that. I'm just getting a bit annoyed when people choose to call the writing/story of this game sloppy or lazy because an event transpired that they didn't like. It's what prompted me to post in this thread in first place.

See that is the thing. I absolutely love the story. I was shocked as hell and a bit angry initially about Carley, but I think everybody knew what they were signing up for with this series.
  • edited September 2012
    Face it, it was a cheap way to off Carley/Doug (that way they wouldn't have to work on 2 separate characters anymore) and so Lilly could leave .
  • edited September 2012
    Face it, it was a cheap way to off Carley/Doug (that way they wouldn't have to work on 2 separate characters anymore) and so Lilly could leave .

I don't think they had to kill Carley in order for Lily to leave. They just as easily could have left her at the Motor Inn. I'd be fascinated to hear what Telltale's thinking is behind killing off 3 main characters in all of about 5 minutes though.
  • edited September 2012
    I don't think they had to kill Carley in order for Lily to leave. They just as easily could have left her at the Motor Inn.

But why kill both Carley and Doug? why not just kill one of them?
  • edited September 2012
    See that is the thing. I absolutely love the story. I was shocked as hell and a bit angry initially about Carley, but I think everybody knew what they were signing up for with this series.

I actually yelled "No, no, no. What the fuck, Lilly!" as it happened. It was loud enough that I scared the better half and prompted some laughter.

Or it could be that it showed significant character development in Lilly. How the events from the past two episodes reached a boiling point and made her snap. Although I'm sure you have much more insight into the development of this game than the rest of us. Lilly had to leave, but it was in no way cheap or lazy.
    But why kill both Carley and Doug? why not just kill one of them?

Can you imagine the outcry from fans if they did that? Doug already got the short end of the stick with some of the dialogue, in my opinion (sharing Lee's past).
  • edited September 2012
    I actually yelled "No, no, no. What the fuck, Lilly!" as it happened. It was loud enough that I scared the better half and prompted some laughter.

I'm going to be honest, canon or not, I was looking to put a bullet right between her eyes in that moment.
  • edited September 2012
    Staff!!!
  • edited September 2012
    I think with all those threads lying around at this forum, 'Carley dies' will become just as much of a spoiler as 'L dies', 'Aerith dies', etc :)
  • edited September 2012
    Yeah, Its sad but there is no way she is alive. If she were it would have to be those one in a Million gun shot wounds to the head where the victim survives. Even then, Even if she survived that she would still die of blood loss. There would need to another group of survivors with a doctor that heard the gun shot come see see what it was. Then see Carly and the Doc would need to work fast. So yeah..that is not happening. Either that, or the Bullet grazed the side of her head, rending her unconscious. I mean we did not see the wound or a pool of blood for that matter unLike Katjaa when she took a bullet to the head. But that is unlikely.
  • edited September 2012
    By the way, I don't believe she's alive, but if you check out on the internet, there's quite a few stories how people survive point blank headshot for one or the other reason.
  • edited September 2012
    No i dont get banned why ask this?

someone posted the exact thing like you, verbatim and in bold.
    their one and only post. banned.
    found it odd seeing the same post up again later in the day
  • edited September 2012
    I was shot in the face by Chandler from Friends and left to die in the middle of the desert in a post-apocalyptic America. And I still managed to pick myself up, dust myself off, and take control of New Vegas over the course of seventy hours.

Having said that, now the thought of Carley coming back doesn't sound far-fetched, huh? :p
  • edited September 2012
    Let it go guys. She's gone. Dead. Take solace in the fact that she isn't going to be turned into a walker because of the bullet to the head. It was quick and painless. Don't get me wrong. I was close to kick Lily's ass and there was no way in hell she was getting back in the RV.

Tbh this thread just shows how good TTG writing has been. That people love a character like Carley and are so determined to try and get her back. Even though she took a bullet right between the eyes.

I was so emotionally drained after Episode 3 (like many have said) that I was at the point where I didn't care about anyone apart from Clem anymore. Perfect example is me not wasting time for Omid to jump. I don't have time for any timid bs anymore. I pushed that guy. He'll thank me later... surely :P

Again just shows how good the writing truly is.
  • edited September 2012
    No offense, But you are getting way too attached to one character
    And she got shot point blank in the head...she is...DEAD :eek:
  • edited September 2012
    These treads are getting out of control
  • edited September 2012
    Yeah, I had a similar reaction, honestly all the major deaths in this episode were pretty forced and no one had appropriate reactions to them in the game.

I agree, but they kind of muffed the whole Doug thing because he was very obviously shot in the back of the head, but there is a possibility of Carley coming back, because of your aforementioned points. Also I've read up a bit, both Carl & Daryl (from the show/novel) survived head shots, so... here's to hope and more choices in the future?
  • edited September 2012
    1/ Then lets call it dumb luck if you like. ;)
    2/ If the back of Carley's head exploded then a lot of this discussion would be over. If Lee or someone actually checked her but it seemed everyone assumed Carley was dead.
    3/ Give it up. I think a lot of us in the Carley camp would like to give the girl a chance, regardless how slim. The only ones who has the final say in this debate is TTG and I will willingly accept it either way.

If you like to know, in another thread I might a point which is against her possible return... at least to the group. If Carley somehow survived she is going to be PI**ED to no end that she was left for dead, making any reunion nearly impossible. :(

i play without the story things, so i play it as every decision counts.
    but people are saying that a tooltip pops up saying carley will remember this.
    Possible reason?
  • edited September 2012
    oh well there goes the lee/carley romance everyone wanted
  • edited September 2012
    LOL at Aerith. But either way, the whole point of the character was for Lee to lose someone he was close too without it being Clem. Too bad, because it's kind of a cliche. It would have been more of a test for Lee to have Carley as the thief but Ben gets blamed for it. Then he'd have a real issue to deal with going forward.
  • edited September 2012
    After reading some of this thread:

That people are upset about Carley is less about the writing than it is the player. Some get more deeply involved with RPGs than others. Long time RPG players sort of expect a love interest and Carley seemed to be the odds on favorite for that role. Surely TT recognized that.

Carley is not coming back. She's walker food. Even if she isn't, you won't see her again. There doesn't seem to be any logical, realistic way to reunite her with the team. And Lee certainly appears to believe her dead, so he's not going looking for her.
This discussion has been closed.