The Walking Dead: 400 Days - DLC for Season One - JULY - release dates in 1st post

Comments

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Jake wrote: »
    In my opinion playing them in order the first time around is the most boring, but whatever! I'm glad that only really obsessed fans like us will know the order of days early on, and a lot of people will get to discover the order as they play. I think it can be part of the fun.

Wait, the stories you select aren't in chronological order in game until you find out through the intro screen on each story? That's pretty cool. I think that's an interesting way to allow people to discover things on their own.
  • edited July 2013
    Jake, please tell us your favourite order!

Edit: Never mind, I guess its a secret?
  • edited July 2013
    Welp, time to stay off the forums til Wednesday.
  • edited July 2013
    ofg yessssssssssssss tommorrow baby
  • edited July 2013
    May be a silly question but is the pc/mac release worldwide? Or was the pc/mac release worldwide for the regular episodes? I usually play on my PS3 but as I live in the UK I'm not gonna be able to wait that long.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2013
    mcafc1895m wrote: »
    May be a silly question but is the pc/mac release worldwide?

Yes! PC/Mac in the Telltale store and on Steam is worldwide.
  • edited July 2013
    my order: wyatt, vince,bonnie, russel, shel

later chronological order
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Ahhhhh... puzzlebox has learnt to use parse tags. :o
  • edited July 2013
    On Wednesday, is it coming out at midday (Steam time) or has it got a different time of release?
  • edited July 2013
    So.... Is losing this rock paper scissors game gonna be like the key in a massive butterfly effect that will split the game into two very different paths. One where the cure for the undead is found the other ripping a tear in the fabric of reality?
  • edited July 2013
    tuesday gonna be awsome baby for me and wyatt lets go save clem...

:)

Quick question to telltale employees: did you guys make sure on ps3 thiers no bugs ? or blips
  • edited July 2013
    great news, can't wait :)

quick question though:

in the FAQ it is said that it is free for people who purchased the game on your site, which I did.

Because of technical difficulties everyone who pre-ordered got a Steam key though, so that's where I played it.

Is it compatible that way? or does everyone also get a Steam key for the DLC?

Thanks
  • edited July 2013
    Seriously? I have to wait until FRIDAY? I'm pretty disappointed...in what world does PSN get content before Xbox?!
    edited July 2013
    pigface098 wrote: »
    Seriously? I have to wait until FRIDAY? I'm pretty disappointed...in what world does PSN get content before Xbox?!

Even though I am an Xbox owner who does not own a Playstation 3, I'm alright with the fact that Playstation users get the game before Xbox owners. I find Microsoft's rules that enforce they get content first to be really annoying so it's nice to see others get something first once in a while. Ideally, this would not be a problem in the first place, but this is at least better than Xbox users always getting content first.

However, I am biased in that I almost always play the PC versions of games from Telltale so who knows.
  • edited July 2013
    We Europe playstation Always gets last. This is so stupid, Everything will get spoiled for Me like every other episode.
    Im seriously pissed off. I thought telltale had learned their lesson with season 1, I forgave them for it, they where on an
    Deadline. But now they could have made a difference with the dlc but no. They had their chance and they blew it!
    -sincearly speaking from Eu psn.
  • edited July 2013
    Even though I am an Xbox owner who does not own a Playstation 3, I'm alright with the fact that Playstation users get the game before Xbox owners. I find Microsoft's rules that enforce they get content first to be really annoying so it's nice to see others get something first once in a while. Ideally, this would not be a problem in the first place, but this is at least better than Xbox users always getting content first.

However, I am biased in that I almost always play the PC versions of games from Telltale so who knows.

:eek: "So it's nice to see others get something first" Pffttttttt :confused: You're a mad man!
  • edited July 2013
    We Europe playstation Always gets last. This is so stupid, Everything will get spoiled for Me like every other episode.
    Im seriously pissed off. I thought telltale had learned their lesson with season 1, I forgave them for it, they where on an
    Deadline. But now they could have made a difference with the dlc but no. They had their chance and they blew it!
    -sincearly speaking from Eu psn.

(Sorry if this ends up being double post) You do realize how hard it is for games to be released in sync with every other platform. If you wan't to blame someone blame Sony for releasing at different times for varying regions.
  • edited July 2013
    Can we buy the steam version from amazon?
  • edited July 2013
    Not sure about anyone else, but my order is either going to be the order the Five were announced in (Vince, Bonnie, Russell, Shel, Wyatt) or this way: Russell, Shel, Vince, Wyatt, Bonnie.
  • edited July 2013
    Bzilla56 wrote: »
    Not sure about anyone else, but my order is either going to be the order the Five were announced in (Vince, Bonnie, Russell, Shel, Wyatt) or this way: Russell, Shel, Vince, Wyatt, Bonnie.

i like this better wyatt, vince, bonnie, russel and shel
  • edited July 2013
    I'm confused, so Wyatt isn't really Day 41, Vince isn't really Day 2, etc...??
  • edited July 2013
    ZacTB wrote: »
    I'm confused, so Wyatt isn't really Day 41, Vince isn't really Day 2, etc...??

no vince is day 2 but i want wyatt to be first
  • edited July 2013
    What does this mean then:

"In my opinion playing them in order the first time around is the most boring, but whatever! I'm glad that only really obsessed fans like us will know the order of days early on, and a lot of people will get to discover the order as they play. I think it can be part of the fun."

I'm so confused
    edited July 2013

"In my opinion playing them in order the first time around is the most boring, but whatever! I'm glad that only really obsessed fans like us will know the order of days early on, and a lot of people will get to discover the order as they play. I think it can be part of the fun."

I'm so confused

I take this as the order that the stories take place in will not be immediately obvious in the game until you choose a story from the menu and see the day number during the story's introduction.
  • edited July 2013

I'm so confused

well ill do that chronolog later but i want wyatt to be first because he looks interesting then vince to see the things before wyatt, bonnie for a guy break, the russel turn and shel last because shes the final day
  • edited July 2013

I'm so confused

Practically hes saying 'us' the obsessed fans know the order so in theory theirs no surprise to us, but hes saying people who are not 'obsessed' ;) will find it more fun as they will be surprised by the characters not knowing what the order is beforehand.
  • edited July 2013
    ruairi46 wrote: »
    Practically hes saying 'us' the obsessed fans know the order so in theory theirs no surprise to us, but hes saying people who are not 'obsessed' ;) will find it more fun as they will be surprised by the characters not knowing what the order is beforehand.

true we can expect reaction up the salty tears
  • edited July 2013
    Oh I get it, I thought he was referring to himself and people at Telltale as 'obsessed fans' who knew the true order (which doesn't make sense at all). I guess I shouldn't have told all my less obsessed friends the order lol
  • edited July 2013
    Oh I get it, I thought he was referring to himself and people at Telltale as 'obsessed fans' who knew the true order (which doesn't make sense at all). I guess I shouldn't have told all my less obsessed friends the order lol

please dont
  • edited July 2013
    oh i get it, i thought he was referring to himself and people at telltale as 'obsessed fans' who knew the true order (which doesn't make sense at all). I guess i shouldn't have told all my less obsessed friends the order lol

kill the none believers!
  • edited July 2013
    hehe i actually ninja the devlopers of the game :D i posted the release date articule by Ign before they anounced the released the release date :D
  • edited July 2013
    I realised that I still haven't done my 2nd playthrough of episode 5. Perhaps I should do that before Wednesday then.
  • edited July 2013
    I wonder if we'll be able to pre order it on steam or we'll have to wait till 12 PM PST to be able to buy it on steam for the Wednesday pc release
  • edited July 2013
    Gonna buy 400 days as soon as it gets on PSN......

Im jittering with excitement!
  • edited July 2013
    Can steam version be bought from amazon ?
  • edited July 2013
    sQOrPION wrote: »

No way am I watching that!
  • KtDKtD
    edited July 2013
    I know it's bad form to ask a question when the answer is probably buried somewhere in the thread, but I am going to do it anyways. Apologies in advance:

I originally played TWD on XBLA. Since I'm still using the neanderthal Xbox with a tiny hard drive, I've gone about clearing the episodes in order to free up space for some other stuff (but holding onto my saves, of course). What do I need to have downloaded in order for 400 Days (and beyond) to 1) be playable and 2) utilize the decisions I made in S1?

Thanks.
  • edited July 2013
    Gonna buy 400 days as soon as it gets on PSN......

Im jittering with excitement!

me too dude and looks like wyatts excited

Wyatt400Days.png
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2013
    KtD wrote: »
    What do I need to have downloaded in order for 400 Days (and beyond) to 1) be playable and 2) utilize the decisions I made in S1?

You'll need episode 1 of Season 1 installed, and your Season 1 save file.
This discussion has been closed.