The Walking Dead: 400 Days - DLC for Season One - JULY - release dates in 1st post

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Does anyone else find it weird that on the YouTube version of the trailer, they blocked out the green esrb background with annotations? Go to the video and try flipping annotations on and off again, it's weird.

Yeah what is that about?
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2013
    Does anyone else find it weird that on the YouTube version of the trailer, they blocked out the green esrb background with annotations? Go to the video and try flipping annotations on and off again, it's weird.
    ZacTB wrote: »
    Yeah what is that about?

ESRB guidelines say that screen is actually supposed to be black, so that was just a quick change. Nothing sinister!
  • edited June 2013
    Yogscast2 put out an interview about 400 days!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pt2P1HMLoY
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2013
    JakeSt123 wrote: »
    They're like that in the promo so people can tell they're definitely zombies, right?

I believe that people just used their favorite/most extreme zombies for the screenshot moment, yes.
  • edited June 2013
    Jake wrote: »
    I believe that people just used their favorite/most extreme zombies for the screenshot moment, yes.

that's good can't wait I just got one question in one of my playthrough's of the game I left duck to turn into a zombie I really hope we get to see that choice I did to let duck turn into a zombie and not shoot him
  • edited June 2013
    drsjohnny wrote: »
    that's good can't wait I just got one question in one of my playthrough's of the game I left duck to turn into a zombie I really hope we get to see that choice I did to let duck turn into a zombie and not shoot him

On first playthrough's I'm sure a lot of people didn't even know that was an option, so adding him in would only cater to a small majority, so probably a slim chance we will we walker Duck again but we can always hope!
  • edited June 2013
    the 'leave duck alone' is a bit tricky..

when the options to choose who ends duck you pick lee.
    then when lee has the option to confirm either he or kenny does it again picks lee.
    the the do it or don't pops up the timer runs out ducks lives 'for now'

but i dunno if it does time out when you actually have the gun aimed at him i even waited like 5 minutes lol
  • edited June 2013
    the 'leave duck alone' is a bit tricky..

when the options to choose who ends duck you pick lee.
    then when lee has the option to confirm either he or kenny does it again picks lee.
    the the do it or don't pops up the timer runs out ducks lives 'for now'

but i dunno if it does time out when you actually have the gun aimed at him i even waited like 5 minutes lol

Doesn't matter who you chose to do it. If you choose Lee just don't shoot and after awhile Lee says to just leave or something, if you chose Kenny don't chose either "DO IT!" or "It'll be okay" lines and let the timer run down, he'll say he can't and you guys leave.
  • edited June 2013
    i think i made them do it first time lol their kid after all
  • edited June 2013
    here's what it looks like incase anyone wants to know just hoping that I can update that video to show the real zombie duck lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZl8vjGp0Vw
  • edited June 2013
    I've tried to just sit there and watch Duck after he dies, just pointing the gun at his head, but he never turns. I find it disappointing. It would have been awesome if zombie Duck just jumped at you for taking too long lol.
  • N7.N7.
    edited June 2013
    Somebody tell me how could all of this 400 days will happen in just one Episode?
  • edited June 2013
    N7. wrote: »
    Somebody tell me how could all of this 400 days will happen in just one Episode?

God knows.
  • edited June 2013
    All the characters are in coma's so the episode flies by pretty fast.
  • edited June 2013
    each of the 5 characters will come across a convenient moral dilema which is in the form of some bad situation where they choose good samaritan/ 0 fucks given/ or evil summabeetch

we get to decide out of the given options and it counts as 'character building'

sometimes we may have to escape or choose who dies/lives
  • edited June 2013
    well obviously you and everyone will die at the end then.
  • edited June 2013
    Telltale said that the 400 days DLC will influence how season 2 plays out. But it's just a dlc, so what if (i obviously will) i didn't buy it, what happens to season 2?

I presume it'll work the same way as if you load a later episode without a save in the first few, i.e. Randomised choices.
    multicolt wrote: »
    well obviously you and everyone will die at the end then.

Possibly, but you can't assume that. I would only say that it's unlikely that your choices will have a direct impact on who survives into season two (if any) and who doesn't.
  • edited June 2013
    Why won't they give us a release date for the walking dead 400 days?? I need to plan my joy around this... I'm still voting for a July 1st release date, but, I'm guessing it won't be til later in the month... Why tho? It's probably finished already!! Just release the Damn game so I can play it and stop speculating on every detail I've seen from the E3 playthrough!! I keep hearing the guy who picks up Russell say "maybe you've got high standards!" when they are stopped and there is a zombie trying to grab Russell through the Window... I don't want to guess what happens any longer!! I need this game to be released, pronto... Please, and thank you!! Haha! Seriously tho, I need to plan my July around this, and I will have a 3-4 hour block saved in my calendar just to play this game... Haha!
  • edited June 2013
    i bought The walking dead Season 1 (episode 1-5) from this telltale website and downloaded it to my PC (laptop). i got steam after i did this, and i uploaded the file to my steam library, but i don't have achievements or anything like that while i play it, since i downloaded the game from telltale's website. when i go to get "400 days", can i download it through steam? or will steam not reckognize that i bought "season 1" since i got it through telltale's site, which means i'll have to buy "400 days" through telltale's site again, and upload it to steam seperately again like i did with season 1... does this make sense to anyone? someone has to know what i mean here... i want to have everything on steam in the future (so i can get achievements and all that extra stuff), but, i don't think i can, since i already bought it through telltale. stupid... i don't want to have to buy season 1 again through steam, just to access the extra stuff, but it looks like i might have to...
  • edited June 2013
    400 days is a seperate DLC, so you'll need to buy it when it's released.
    I don't know about the achievements tho.
  • edited June 2013
    i know i need to buy "400 days" when it comes out, but, i was wondering if i go to buy it through steam, if it will see that i already have the walking dead "season 1" and allow me to buy "400 days" (since you need season 1 to buy it). i think that i won't be able to. i think that i will have to buy it through telltale's website, since that's how i got "season 1" originally... idk... anyway, just wondering if anyone here knew wth i'm talking about. i want to have the cool steam extras that come along with buying the game through steam... i think i'm just going to buy it all again, but through steam this time... what's another $30 for season 1 and 400 days, right? haha!
  • edited June 2013
    This new episode doesn't look like anythin 2 do with Clementine, So are they making just starting again?I hope the dude in the truck is Kenny but he committed suicide and wanted to die so he probably wouldn't of wanted to live :(
  • edited June 2013
    The guy in the truck is not Kenny. That is shown in almost all interviews
  • edited June 2013
    I wonder if this will be out next week. What Telltale said makes it sounds a bit like that way:

"Telltale Games developer commentary and free giveaways during the broadcast each day beginning at 12pmPDT / 3pmEDT all week with an episode per day of Season One as we lead to the upcoming launch of The Walking Dead: 400 Days!"

All week leading up to the upcoming launch... to me that sounds like it will be out soon. Not sure though.
  • edited June 2013
    REALLY??? i hope you are right... it does kinda sound like that's what they mean... man, i really hope it does come out next week! i'm super excited for this game! haha!
  • edited June 2013
    Laura just said on the livestream, that they expect it to come out early in July
  • edited June 2013
    Yup July 2 (Tuesday) or July 3 (Wednesday)
  • edited June 2013
    YES TO JULY 2nd or 3rd!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited June 2013
    When the DLC it's released . I know in JULY but what date . HOPE THIS DLC TO BE PIRATED .

neutral-pirate-poker-face.png
  • edited June 2013
    YES TO JULY 2nd or 3rd!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not confirmed but early July? Near 4th of July? Episode 5 of Season 1 being released also on a week of a holiday (Thanksgiving)? Yeah seems pretty likely it will be out on PSN next Tuesday with XBL and Steam the following day on Wednesday.
  • edited June 2013
    Mr.SandMan wrote: »
    When the DLC it's released . I know in JULY but what date . HOPE THIS DLC TO BE PIRATED .

neutral-pirate-poker-face.png

Seriously?
  • edited June 2013
    Yeah American users will get it in early July but what about Europe users thats what i really wanna EU PSN keeps doing late releases FFS
  • edited June 2013
    I suspect next week or the week after, the release day, i hope it will be next week on, tues, weds, thurs. :D
    edited June 2013
    Mr.SandMan wrote: »

Aaaaand permaban. Discussion of piracy (for any game) is absolutely not cool here.
    MesterF wrote: »
    Laura just said on the livestream, that they expect it to come out early in July

Yep! The Walking Dead: 400 Days is in submission with first party now, and we'll announce solid release dates as soon as we can. Looking good for early July.
  • edited June 2013
    The exact date is already known?
  • edited June 2013
    zev_zev wrote: »
    The exact date is already known?
    I suspect for the episode 5 livestream they will reveal at the end what the date will be.
  • edited June 2013
    I suspect for the episode 5 livestream they will reveal at the end what the date will be.

Sorry, but I don't see the connection.
    edited June 2013
    We will let you know the date(s) as soon as we know them ourselves!
  • edited June 2013
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    We will let you know the date(s) as soon as we know them ourselves!

dis
  • edited June 2013
    So I was doing some digging about state of decays non release here in ANZ and there was nothing... BUT what I did notice is that 400 days has been modified for Australian release? I also notice sex has a mild impact tick. ;)

So what I want to ask, as I'm living in New Zealand atm is if this is the version that'll be available here or will it be that sweet uncut edition?
This discussion has been closed.