The Walking Dead: 400 Days - DLC for Season One - JULY - release dates in 1st post

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Imagine when Clementine, Omid & Christa meet the remaining cancer survivors again ? lol Things gonna get funny.
  • edited June 2013
    revisiting the st johns farm will be interesting since i spared the bro's.. in one run through.

the cancer survivors.. may of all gotten on the boat but cos they needed supplies they got caught out/vernon left them behind (i've not watched the vince preview).
  • edited June 2013
    FoxxyFox wrote: »
    Imagine when Clementine, Omid & Christa meet the remaining cancer survivors again ? lol Things gonna get funny.

If they meet them again
  • edited June 2013
    What's interesting to me is how the episode will unfold... Not in the sense of stories and decisions but rather how the game will allow you to choose which character to play.

There's a couple of ways I could think of...

1. We actually play as an unannounced character who watches things unfold at the gas station, he/she is a conduit for asking questions of the new 5 characters' past stories.

2. Could just be a menu selection screen where you highlight which character to be and then select them.

Anyone else got any wild ideas how this thing will interface when changing characters' stories?
  • edited June 2013
    i said in another topic about the 'notice board' actually being the menu..

each picture is or name is the 'conduit'

just seems like a logical thing why else would they tease us with it ? ;)
  • edited June 2013

That would explain what the 'missing' label means. So each character might have a chance of survival, and if you fail in saving them, then they either go missing or die. Then in season 2 those characters either show up or a generic takes their place. I'd like to see that, anyway lol.
  • edited June 2013

I could see that being a thing, good thinking.
  • edited June 2013
    I think Wyatt was actually just buying weed off of Eddie (the driver) and managed to get stuck together when everything went to hell. haha! that's just the vibe I get, like Eddie (who is all tatted up, wears a beanie, AND has those earring) is a weed dealer, and Wyatt (who looks like "The Dude" from the Big Lebowski) was just meeting him to buy some buds and that's how they get stuck together...
    Now I'm picturing Wyatt being unbelievably mellow about crisis. With a journey centered around replacing the rug in his safe-house.
  • edited June 2013
    Fuck! Now we know that it isn't kenny on that truck, dammit Telltale!
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2013

I think it's ok for me to confirm now that yes, the noticeboard is the menu, where you choose which story/character you'll play next.
  • edited June 2013
    Mikejames wrote: »
    Now I'm picturing Wyatt being unbelievably mellow about crisis. With a journey centered around replacing the rug in his safe-house.

But what happened to Walter?

Nevermind, he probably couldn't drive since it's Shabbat :D
  • edited June 2013

A zombie movie with "The Dude" as the lead would pretty much be the funniest thing ever. (Especially if it had the fast zombies from that DAWN OF THE DEAD remake instead of the classic Romero variety. The Dude would be one of the last chilled-out potheads on a planet swarming with jacked-up speed-freaks.)
  • edited June 2013
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    I think it's ok for me to confirm now that yes, the noticeboard is the menu, where you choose which story/character you'll play next.
    cool

do i win a prize for guessing right ? ;)

or just number 1 smartass ?
  • edited June 2013
    I imagine that starting with Vince I'll compulsively play them in chronological order anyway.

A zombie movie with "The Dude" as the lead would pretty much be the funniest thing ever. (Especially if it had the fast zombies from that DAWN OF THE DEAD remake instead of the classic Romero variety. The Dude would be one of the last chilled-out potheads on a planet swarming with jacked-up speed-freaks.)

Hahah, I could get behind that. Seems like we deal with more Walters when it comes to group conflict though.
  • edited June 2013
    Seems like we deal with more Walters when it comes to group conflict though.

hmmm sounds friendly ;)
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited June 2013
    hmmm sounds friendly ;)

Unless you step over the line.
    edited June 2013
    MarkDarin wrote: »
    Unless you step over the line.

Seriously, you don't want to mess with Walters.

XDPFbP9.jpg?1
  • edited June 2013
    breaking bad ?

never watched it

thinking about it though lol
  • edited June 2013
    I don't get the reference, but his face is funny enough lol
  • edited June 2013
    Mark$man wrote: »
    I don't get the reference, but his face is funny enough lol

funny ?

wow....

i'm not getting a funny vibe of walter...

bad ass mofo and violent yes
  • edited June 2013
    I immediately thought Walter from Fringe...just me...oh ok then:)
  • edited June 2013
    Breaking Bad is pretty good i've been getting into it to tide me over for Walking Dead Season 4.
  • edited June 2013
    Love Breaking Bad, but I can't let anyone miss a Big Lebowski reference.
    tumblr_mi0nef9tl01r31iyzo1_400.gif
    ^ We've worked with a few Walters in Season 1.

Then again, I would not be opposed to one of the new guys turning out to be like Walter White. A volatile chemist in the group could be its own spin-off right there.
  • edited June 2013
    Does anyone else find it weird that on the YouTube version of the trailer, they blocked out the green esrb background with annotations? Go to the video and try flipping annotations on and off again, it's weird.
  • edited June 2013
    Ahhhh!!! So exciting!!!!
  • edited June 2013

It is? We also see someone putting the notes down. I guess we'll have to wait and see who that is.[/intrigue]
  • edited June 2013
    It is? We also see someone putting the notes down. I guess we'll have to wait and see who that is.[/intrigue]

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHTGeWze1Vrq5zq0CLB8NUMd5xd2pZMG4yBw3NFhJlgEn9AGDw
  • edited June 2013
    The Walking Dead I bought the game on steam, the walking dead 400 days is part of the package or do I have compar separately?
    edited June 2013
    rafaeljp4 wrote: »
    The Walking Dead I bought the game on steam, the walking dead 400 days is part of the package or do I have compar separately?

400 Days is a special DLC episode and not part of the original season pass, so it will be a separate purchase.
  • edited June 2013
    rafaeljp4 wrote: »

the dlc is extra depending on your country should be around 5 bucks/ 5 pound /5 euros..
  • edited June 2013
    ZacTB wrote: »
    BMeHJauCEAA5Cqx.jpg

So it's Day Two of the outbreak and already there are zombies that have decayed far worse than anything we saw in Season One.

The prospect of seeing these kinds of zombies in Season Two is interesting. Using them here in a story that is set so early in the timeline is not. It's quite disappointing actually.

Continuity not only in story but in the world is very important. When it's broken like this it has a negative impact on the overall experience.

What might have been a better approach would be to create different sets of zombies for different points in the timeline. To show a steady progression in their decay and to help the sense of time passing.

Maybe that would have increased the download size by too much but the way it's being presented now just doesn't mesh with what we've seen before.
  • edited June 2013
    tobar wrote: »
    So it's Day Two of the outbreak and already there are zombies that have decayed far worse than anything we saw in Season One.

The prospect of seeing these kinds of zombies in Season Two is interesting. Using them here in a story that is set so early in the timeline is not. It's quite disappointing actually...

Never really thought about that. It is a very good point.
  • edited June 2013
    Ok, Ive seen and heard 400 days due in July, do we have a specific date??

today is July 18th
    edited June 2013
    WowMutt wrote: »
    Ok, Ive seen and heard 400 days due in July, do we have a specific date??

Not yet...
    WowMutt wrote: »
    today is July 18th

... and it's only JUNE 18th. ;)
  • edited June 2013
    Not yet... (because telltale know better than to say a date they aren't 100% sure they can make good on that promise)

... and it's only JUNE 18th. ;) (few thought i'd missed a month...or timetravelled accidently)

fixed :D
  • edited June 2013
    What might have been a better approach would be to create different sets of zombies for different points in the timeline. To show a steady progression in their decay and to help the sense of time passing.

Maybe that would have increased the download size by too much but the way it's being presented now just doesn't mesh with what we've seen before.

For all we know, these zombies could have just crawled out of their graves (as opposed to the "freshly-killed" variety).
  • edited June 2013
    right so once something dies from a fast virus/infection of unknown origin... 2 days is somehow out of the realms of possibility for something to rot in hot humid weather ?

and when are these days really happening ?

day 2 for 1 person may not be the same day for others..

if they where in prison/jail...they are pretty shut off from the world..if the infect started out side of the city it will take time for it to spread.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2013

For what its worth, the zombies in that scene in the game itself are fresher.
  • edited June 2013

This happened in Season One as well; there were walkers who looked very decayed after literally dying only minutes before.

Maybe whatever causes the corpses to start walking to begin with also causes them to rapidly decay to a set amount. How it works has never been explained(as far as I've read), so something like that is completely fair game.
  • edited June 2013
    Jake wrote: »
    For what its worth, the zombies in that scene in the game itself are fresher.

They're like that in the promo so people can tell they're definitely zombies, right?
This discussion has been closed.