The Walking Dead: 400 Days - DLC for Season One - JULY - release dates in 1st post

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Well it's the 4th and it's not working. Typical. Video games never come out on time.
  • edited July 2013
    blanchett wrote: »
    Well it's the 4th and it's not working. Typical. Video games never come out on time.
    No it's 4:35pm on the 3rd at the Telltale office.
  • edited July 2013
    Masta23 wrote: »
    No it's 4:35pm on the 3rd at the Telltale office.
    It's nearly one o'clock on the 4th were I am.
  • edited July 2013
    It's nearly one o'clock on the 4th were I am.
    Same here, but Telltale doesn't cater for other time zones. It will release on the 3rd, but TTG time.
  • edited July 2013
    Masta23 wrote: »
    Same here, but Telltale doesn't cater for other time zones. It will release on the 3rd, but TTG time.
    It's already been released. It just doesn't work.
  • edited July 2013
    Does it work for anyone who bought through telltale store? Or are we all still dealing with "connectivity issues"?
  • edited July 2013
    Ah, not too disappointed tbh. As with the chapter releases, I gave it a 25% chance of working today, 75% tomorrow. I scheduled everything accordingly, so not too much harm done. As others have mentioned, they have great games, and I am a huge fan of TWD game, but their releases are as predictable as the town drunk on meth.
  • edited July 2013
    DjNDB wrote: »
    I just updated my alternative download thread to include 400 days.
    It took a lot of time to download, because the servers are extremely slow at the moment, but it works.
    Have fun.

It worked! *Wipes away tears of frustration and replaces them with tears of relief and joy"

People, try this out! It works, and I'm a pc illiterate! Thanks!:D
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    According to my network analysis the download problem is caused by a bug in the downloader and not a server issue.
    The current statement about it is:
    MattP wrote: »
    We are aware of this issue and currently looking into a solution.

It might take some time until it is fixed, but the alternative download method completely works around it. Also the servers are really fast now, I get 5MB/s which is my maximum.
  • edited July 2013
    According to my network analysis the download problem is caused by a bug in the downloader and not a server issue.
    The current statement about it is:

It might take some time until it is fixed, but the alternative download method completely works around it. Also the servers are really fast now, I get 5MB/s which is my maximum.
    I do appreciate the response. It's just irritating because this problem happened during season 1 and it's happening again. It's not a one off.
  • edited July 2013
    That's exactly what the alternative download method works around. If you don't want to wait until it is fixed, i suggest trying it.
    Whenever I click the link in your post for the python script it says invalid attachment :P
    Edit: The attachment at the bottom of the post worked,
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    I do appreciate the response. It's just irritating because this problem happened during season 1 and it's happening again. It's not a one off.

I agree. The download mechanism should be robust, and able to resume downloads if the connection is lost.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2013
    derella wrote: »
    Whenever I click the link in your post for the python script it says invalid attachment :P
    Edit: The attachment at the bottom of the post worked,

Thanks. I forgot updating the links at the top, when i uploaded the new files. Fixed.
  • edited July 2013
    man that was intents like camping in the zombie apocalypse :)
  • edited July 2013
    Get connection lost when I try to download... same
  • edited July 2013
    MsLox wrote: »
    Does it work for anyone who bought through telltale store? Or are we all still dealing with "connectivity issues"?

YUPP!!! CAN'T DOWNLOAD! This is the LAST time i purchase something from TellTale Store. From now on, it's steam. :mad:
  • edited July 2013
    saricc wrote: »
    That black woman at the end had the worst voice actor. It's bad when I am sitting there only thinking about how bad of a voice actress that is, when I should just be able to focus on the story. Everything else was fine, but that honestly ruined it for me. Either get a new voice actor, or kill off that character asap.

Her voice is great.
  • edited July 2013
    this is really stupid... I imagine someone over at telltale games is fired b/c of stuff like this... how are you going to say a release date of July 3rd, and then not come through for people... I've been waiting all day like everyone else, but jesus, it's now 9:15 EST, and it's STILL not working? i'd pay the damn $5 for it if I could just download it now, but my version isn't through steam, so I have to wait... just fix the damn issue already... people would be fired for this kind of thing at my place of work...

sorry, love the game, but this is really dumb that we are all still waiting...
  • edited July 2013
    this is really stupid... I imagine someone over at telltale games is fired b/c of stuff like this... how are you going to say a release date of July 3rd, and then not come through for people... I've been waiting all day like everyone else, but jesus, it's now 9:15 EST, and it's STILL not working? i'd pay the damn $5 for it if I could just download it now, but my version isn't through steam, so I have to wait... just fix the damn issue already... people would be fired for this kind of thing at my place of work...

sorry, love the game, but this is really dumb that we are all still waiting...

I agree. It's complete bullshit. I freakin' went to sleep and woke up (now 9:20 ET) and its STILL not working. Why bother putting a release date for today if most people are not going to be able to play it. It better be working by morning, or im going to have some negative reviews...:mad::mad::mad:
  • edited July 2013
    Hmm... Yeah, the same issue appeared during one of the season 1 episodes. Like, EXACTLY the same issue.

I believe it took Telltale a few days to get it fixed. In the meantime, a user patched the problem (something different from the workaround already mentioned).

I love you Telltale, but you must see there are real issues here.
  • edited July 2013
    seriously? a few days? tomorrow is the 4th of july, so i'm sure they aren't working on it tomorrow, so, we are just beat for the next few days? that is stupid... I might try the one guys method and download whatever that Python software is and try it... why not right? I didn't want to have to try that though, b/c who I don't really know how that works, but I am tired of waiting...
  • edited July 2013
    I have just downloaded it and gonna play it fuck yeah, thanks telltale and thanks everybody, i will return for a review and spoiler discussion soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited!
  • edited July 2013
    Web Head wrote: »
    I have just downloaded it and gonna play it fuck yeah, thanks telltale and thanks everybody, i will return for a review and spoiler discussion soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited!

How have you gotten it to work???? :rolleyes:
  • edited July 2013
    So.... anybody have info for me for the people who bought the game not in Telltale website nor Steam? Because I bought it with MacGameStore, and right now I can't either download on Steam or on Telltale website... If somebody knows something or can help me, would be great... Thx!
  • edited July 2013
    getting so frustrated...i bought the season pass when it first came out and it STILL won't show up under dlc... i keep restarting and looking on the website.. i don't know what to do!! everyone else it seems it has at least shown up for even if the download hasnt gone through :(
  • edited July 2013
    I'm able to download it now, 77% and counting. Had to restart the game about five times until the DLC showed up.

I think it's great we get this episode for free! But Telltale made damn sure I am not going to buy anything from their store again. Waiting until the first few episodes of the upcoming season are released, looking into some feedback, then getting it on Steam seems like a much better plan.
  • edited July 2013
    It'sdownloading now thru telltale... Thank god...
  • edited July 2013
    I bought the game on Sale through Steam, I launch the game, and see 400 days but no purchase option in game, all it says is coming soon
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2013
    Stedmister wrote: »
    I bought the game on Sale through Steam, I launch the game, and see 400 days but no purchase option in game, all it says is coming soon

You should be able to purchase 400 Days on the Steam store page.
  • edited July 2013
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    You should be able to purchase 400 Days on the Steam store page.

I can't purchase it in game?
  • edited July 2013
    So, I FINALLY managed to download 400 Days, after waiting all day, and somehow in all the server issues it erased my save game. I am LIVID right now.
  • edited July 2013
    Downloaded, played, enjoyed.
    Thank's a lot, Telltale.
  • edited July 2013
    Oh.. I can't buy 400 Days from the Store Page since I didn't buy the game here? :/
  • edited July 2013
    ^I give up now.. -puts away his credit card-
  • edited July 2013
    I have The Walking Dead game for my pc platform as a standalone.Where there will be any trouble if I download the DLC from Steam?Because I cannot see it in my collection in Steam!Please help!
  • edited July 2013
    Anyone else having problems with the game saving in the wrong slot with the wrong choices after playing "400 Days"? I've opened a thread in the Support forum, but I can't find other person with the same problem and I'm afraid I won't be able to play.
  • edited July 2013
    you said 400 Days would have been launched with Italian subtitles... did you mean on Steam only? Because I bought The Walking Dead Season 1 on the TellTale Game Store and after donwloading and starting 400 Days subtitles were in English, and there is no option in the game menus to set Italian subtitles... is there a way or do I have to stick with english subtitles?
  • edited July 2013
    That was....BRILLIANT.Seriously though,did not disappoint,and was completely worth the wait last evening.Downloaded it completely clear and fast in the morning.Not going to spoil,but the DLC went completely above my expectations. :)
  • edited July 2013
    Which order do you recommend to start ? :) ( Please just don't spoil :D )
This discussion has been closed.