E1 Release Discussion:PC/Mac/PSN/XBLA/iOS/Kindle/Android out now;Vita/PS4/XOne:Nov 4 NA/Nov 7 EU

Comments

• Anyone else who's been waiting all day not receive a Steam key yet either? =(

• Sounds like they are skimpin out and not giving them, great.

VictoryA posted: »

Thats what I'm wondering If not I'm kinda sad again =/.

• Well, If I had my steam key I wouldn't need to authenticate though them XD :P.

lex121 posted: »

Yeah, me too. Never gotten the game is available to download e-mail either. Maybe the servers are getting hammered with people trying to authenticate.

• I'm jealous, Because Mine fails :(

JoniOdin posted: »

Alright, this time it didn't crash. But still "Can't login". [Edit]Now it "Can't communicate with Telltale servers".[/Edit] [Edit2]I reached the Main Menu! Yes! It seems to be working now!!![/Edit2]

• Where are they saying that? I think it's a bit premature to start throwing around accusations if you can't back it up with official word from Telltale. Buckle in and give them some time, they're worth at least a little of our patience. Right?

Vilyn117 posted: »

Sounds like they are skimpin out and not giving them, great.

• Yup. Im simply frustrated now, I gave them my money expecting to at least be able to play this game, then I dont receive a steam key (which would have made it playable). Sigh.

Erudite posted: »

Anyone else who's been waiting all day not receive a Steam key yet either? =(

• Mine was in my Spam folder. Check there!

• Not in my spam :(

Roone posted: »

Mine was in my Spam folder. Check there!

• edited October 2013

Idk, considering we havent received them yet but everybody else has....

But their wording is very very explicit

"I know you guys have been waiting especially for this, so as a special thank you to everyone who pre-ordered here, we've sent you an extra Steam code via email as a bonus." preordered from HERE. Not from an external website. I think the reading comprehension is important here.

Shammat posted: »

Where are they saying that? I think it's a bit premature to start throwing around accusations if you can't back it up with official word from Telltale. Buckle in and give them some time, they're worth at least a little of our patience. Right?

• "For everyone that pre ordered here."

Does this mean that those of us that ordered on GMG/Amazon and other stores that were sent a telltale key instead of Steam do not get a Steam key then? Only those that pre ordered specifically from Telltale?

puzzlebox posted: »

Hi guys! Thank you SO MUCH for your patience. We've got the PC build live on the Telltale Games website now - if you ordered it from us (or fr

• It's important, but it's still premature to make any decisions yourself without official word from Telltale to clarify. Though it looks like their servers have cleared up a bit - I managed to download and install my game, authenticated just fine and is ready to play now.

Idk, considering we havent received them yet but everybody else has.... But their wording is very very explicit "I know you guys have be

• Not in mine either :/

Roone posted: »

Mine was in my Spam folder. Check there!

• Now I can't even access the game. Sigh. Should've just purchased it on Steam in the first place.

• Stll trying to download, its going stupidly slow. This is another embarrassment of another game company I had a lot of faith in.

Now I can't even access the game. Sigh. Should've just purchased it on Steam in the first place.

• Mine started off slow too, eventually it picked up and hit my cap. Hopefully the same happens for you, and you don't have trouble unlocking the game like I do =/

Stll trying to download, its going stupidly slow. This is another embarrassment of another game company I had a lot of faith in.

• Nothing either. It might be due to high amounts of emails sent, or just a lack of service. In both cases, this is frustrating

CatBrush posted: »

Not in mine either

• Any confirmation about the steam keys? Do they only go to those that ordered directly from this site or do those of us that ordered from greenmangaming, etc. also get a steam key? Either way, glad things are finally looking up around here.

• Cheaper through GMG :) But yes, I agree. Updates wouldn't go astray. Don't offer something you can't deliver.

Gilgamesh45 posted: »

It was the same price on steam, we didn't save anything by trying to support the devs. Well, I will never buy anything directly from telltale

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited October 2013

You should be able to get it as long as you redeemed the code prior to the Steam code offer, since the e-mails are sent out based on whether you have the game in your Telltale games account.

Idk, considering we havent received them yet but everybody else has.... But their wording is very very explicit "I know you guys have be

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited October 2013

>

Any confirmation about the steam keys? Do they only go to those that ordered directly from this site or do those of us that ordered from greenmangaming, etc. also get a steam key?

You should be able to get it as long as you redeemed the code prior to the Steam code offer, since the e-mails are sent out based on whether you have the game in your Telltale games account.

Note that it might take a while to get the code. When Telltale did the Walking Dead's pre-order steam code offer, the e-mails were sent out manually from the pre-order database, in chunks throughout the release night.

Any confirmation about the steam keys? Do they only go to those that ordered directly from this site or do those of us that ordered from greenmangaming, etc. also get a steam key? Either way, glad things are finally looking up around here.

• Appreciate the update Jennifer.

Jennifer posted: »

@EtherealPotato wrote: > Any confirmation about the steam keys? Do they only go to those that ordered directly from this site

• This applies to everybody that ordered the game from Green Man Gaming too right? We had to redeem the game key on the TellTale website anyways, so I'm assuming it also applies to us.

• ^this. ive had it on my account before the offer even came up, been waiting for hours. Bought it a few days ago, but didnt realize it wasnt a steam code until today.

Djspunky posted: »

This applies to everybody that ordered the game from Green Man Gaming too right? We had to redeem the game key on the TellTale website anyways, so I'm assuming it also applies to us.

• If i get my code ill praise the hell out of telltale, but until then this is a mess.

@EtherealPotato wrote: > Any confirmation about the steam keys? Do they only go to those that ordered directly from this site

• Yeah, as long as you pre-ordered from a retail outlet that redeemed at the Telltale website, and redeemed your code prior to the Steam offer, you'll get an e-mail with a bonus Steam key.

Djspunky posted: »

This applies to everybody that ordered the game from Green Man Gaming too right? We had to redeem the game key on the TellTale website anyways, so I'm assuming it also applies to us.

• Thanks guys and girls for the unexpected Steam key! Much appreciated!!

• Awesome, thanks Jennifer!

Yeah, as long as you pre-ordered from a retail outlet that redeemed at the Telltale website, and redeemed your code prior to the Steam offer, you'll get an e-mail with a bonus Steam key.

• Hi guys! Thank you very much for the Steam key. As the TTG version is still not working (Can't access servers,) I'm thinking about downloading it on Steam. Two questions though:
    1. Do Steam and TTG versions of TWAU would share the same save and config files? By that I mean, if I play Episode 1 on the Steam version, then install the TTG version and launch it, will I be able to see my saved game?
    2. Is there any in-game plus or advantage between TTG and Steam versions?
    Thanks!

• Well, didn't receive my Steam code either...

• Steam key too? Sweet!! Thank you very much!

• I still haven't received my steam code >.<; do I just have terrible luck or what? XD

• I'm sure it just takes time. Still waiting on my key, but as they have to go through Valve to get these and then send them out to all users that preordered.

Fingers crossed!

VictoryA posted: »

I still haven't received my steam code >.<; do I just have terrible luck or what? XD

• Just bought it from TT and still can't play it. Now it's 10:34PM MST. guess I'll go to bed. Hopefully you guys get it fixed.

• No key, its 1am. Still cant play. Bed for me, ill make sure the word gets around about this mess...

• No steam key revived yet preordered via green man gaming and redeemed my code Friday morning so Thursday night in the U.S.

• Not sure how ttg patch system works but its alot more easy with steam. Save games and configs should be the same locations my be different but steam version you don't need a TTG account not sure if it uses steam cloud for saves. You would have no need for the TTG version Imo.

Fazz posted: »

Hi guys! Thank you very much for the Steam key. As the TTG version is still not working (Can't access servers,) I'm thinking about downloading

• Did you check your Span folder? If so, double check it! That's where I found mine.

Ghani_chan posted: »

Well, didn't receive my Steam code either...

• Just finished it. Amazing job, well worth the wait. Im really excited to see how the rest of the series plays out.

• Ah damn it, it came out right after I went to sleep :). Need to play now.

And thanks TT, for the steam key. I will buy from you guys again :)

• @Jennifer do you know if there is a delay with the steam keys being sent out as im not seeing anything in my email or on my account page?

Yeah, as long as you pre-ordered from a retail outlet that redeemed at the Telltale website, and redeemed your code prior to the Steam offer, you'll get an e-mail with a bonus Steam key.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.