E1 Release Discussion:PC/Mac/PSN/XBLA/iOS/Kindle/Android out now;Vita/PS4/XOne:Nov 4 NA/Nov 7 EU

Comments

• Indeed. I was mainly using that as an example of how even some of the most revered developers/publishers can have some bad days.

And that's not to say the steam version of this game is without its issues, as well; taking a gander at the forums over there reveals some technical difficulties, too. I'm fairly sure that right now the people playing without problems are in the minority here.

I'm just looking forward to when it's finally working for everyone and we can all enjoy the hard work come to fruition.

While it's true that both of those games did have problems, it affected all players, not just those that bought them directly from the dev. If no one could play TWAU, it would be an entirely different situation.

• So Mac users have to wait a couple of days. Not cool. I woke up at 4 this morning to make sure i would be able to play it when i got home. :/ Can we expect the mac around the same time as PC?

• Welp I already bought the game but I guess I have to buy it again on xbox to be able to play on release day. Thaaaaaanks, guys.

• I don't suppose TTG would mind if you paid for it twice :p

Seriously though, just give it a couple hours.

Dildor posted: »

Welp I already bought the game but I guess I have to buy it again on xbox to be able to play on release day. Thaaaaaanks, guys.

• Still no news on the PSN version?

• That will come out on PSN on Tuesday, they only update on Tuesdays.

CiscoKidd81 posted: »

Still no news on the PSN version?

• Just played it on Steam. LOVED IT! The art style is brilliant, voice acting is top notch and the writing is impeccable. Very immersive. Though with all good things in life, it leaves you wanting more. Can't wait for the next episode. :D

• So exactly how does it work that Steam had TWD (EP1) and has TWAU (EP1) available yet the company who makes the actual game can't get it on their website yet? Things that boggle the mind.....I remember having to get a steam key to play episode 1 of the walking dead. I hope we aren't headed for the same scenario. I understand mistakes do happen....

• As others have suggested, it's quite possibly (but don't take this as an official statement by TTG, because it's not!) to do with their user log-in system, which the Steam version doesn't have.

Dameon2k posted: »

So exactly how does it work that Steam had TWD (EP1) and has TWAU (EP1) available yet the company who makes the actual game can't get it on th

• Wait a second how long has it been out on steam? We still don't have it here and people who have steam have already beat it?????

Just played it on Steam. LOVED IT! The art style is brilliant, voice acting is top notch and the writing is impeccable. Very immersive. Though with all good things in life, it leaves you wanting more. Can't wait for the next episode.

• edited October 2013

Well that would make sense....I'm disappointed but oh well things do go sideways sometimes....I hear the game is well worth the wait.

As others have suggested, it's quite possibly (but don't take this as an official statement by TTG, because it's not!) to do with their user log-in system, which the Steam version doesn't have.

• I did a complaint via paypal. I want my money back... I'll buy it on Steam...

• By the time PayPal gets back to you regarding this, the episode will probably be live.

Just sayin'. :p

Aliain posted: »

I did a complaint via paypal. I want my money back... I'll buy it on Steam...

• edited October 2013

Has someone already made a statement regarding the Mac release? "Few days" is a little vague. I heard someone on Steam saying it would come out on saturday?

• Yep, last time I buy from Telltale. Either they didn't notice the issue with the Mac version until hours before release (Which doesn't fill me with confidence about the QA process), or they knew there was an issue and didn't mention it. (In which case, I wouldn't have bothered preordering.) Congrats Telltale, you just lost a customer.

Dildor posted: »

Notice: Mac version available soon. Goddammit Ben, where's the game?! edit: -pukes- Mac version coming in a few days?

• Nothing official, to the best of my knowledge.

Could you link me to where you heard Saturday?

barenaked posted: »

Has someone already made a statement regarding the Mac release? "Few days" is a little vague. I heard someone on Steam saying it would come out on saturday?

• DOes anyone know if I purchase the season pass of the wolf among us and then I get my xbox one does everything transfer over>

• Those on Steam will have long finished the first episode by the time we get our hands on. More fool us for riskily buying straight from the Developer (!!??).

• edited October 2013

http://steamcommunity.com/app/250320/discussions/0/810938082243928685/?tscn=1381524115#p5

There you go, at the bottom.

Fun on The BunGaming2013
    guys the official telltale website says it will come to mac saturday

Nothing official, to the best of my knowledge. Could you link me to where you heard Saturday?

• Mac Version is now not going to be available at launch? And this is something that just came up, literally hours before going live. Either Telltale didn't bother with testing it or were less than honest about the Mac version when preorders were available. Either way, I regret preordering and Telltale has just lost a customer.

• I'm really bummed about this, too. I thought they learned from their mistakes, apparently they didn't. It's so annoying and it seems like (!) they just don't care enough.

DantePD posted: »

Mac Version is now not going to be available at launch? And this is something that just came up, literally hours before going live. Either Tel

• Well, they got the money on time.
    Why should they care about us getting the product on time ?

barenaked posted: »

I'm really bummed about this, too. I thought they learned from their mistakes, apparently they didn't. It's so annoying and it seems like (!) they just don't care enough.

• I bought a season pass. If the episodes are going to come out on steam first each time, then I would like a refund for at least the remaining four episodes,

• funniest comment ever

ammarsfound posted: »

I bought a season pass. If the episodes are going to come out on steam first each time, then I would like a refund for at least the remaining four episodes,

• At least you were able to play Episode 1...

• No, your digital purchases from your Xbox 360 will not transfer to your Xbox One. There's no backwards compatibility at all. If Telltale releases a Xbox One version of The Wolf Among Us, there might be some discount if you owned the 360 one, though.

FJResto posted: »

DOes anyone know if I purchase the season pass of the wolf among us and then I get my xbox one does everything transfer over>

• Ah, still not available for me and the pressure is setting in by seeing all these new videos of it pop of in my youtube feed! Hurry, Hurry, Hurry!

• edited October 2013

I... really?

You do know how episodic gaming works, right?

• Yes it's one of my favourite sci fi series and authors till he passed away.

Sorry about the "bad people" reference but it's true :) I've always supported Telltale even before they went to consoles. I would have thought their customers would have got it first instead of steam's and the consoles.

Vainamoinen posted: »

Don't talk about pirates, PLEASE - forum rules and all!!! The Telltale build is a pretty different file - installation and activation wise. Can happen that the TTG Store version comes later... And, Seafort - that a Feintuch reference?

• Mac version within the next few days...

• Whats so hard about releasing a game on the developers website when steam was already able to release it on theirs?

• You could just give everyone a steam code and appease everyone, problem solved

• That's not how season passes work. It's all or nothing with them - you can't pick and choose which episodes you want.

If you genuinely want a refund on the entire game - for that is what it would be - then I suggest you contact the support team.

ammarsfound posted: »

I bought a season pass. If the episodes are going to come out on steam first each time, then I would like a refund for at least the remaining four episodes,

• Telltale would lose quite a bit of income that way! I ordered off of Amazon, thinking it would give me a steam key but it didn't. :(

Sucks, but I'm still excited to play it and I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

squishyman posted: »

You could just give everyone a steam code and appease everyone, problem solved

• edited October 2013

Second time in one years :p I think Gabe will enjoy my money for TWD season 2

Oh and funny thing, pirate can already play the game too.

• The thing with the Diablo 3 and SimCity launches is the majority of people were affected by it. That is not the case with this. Plenty of people can buy and play the game with no problem.

toptrv posted: »

This is my first buy from TT store and I'm not impressed but I'm not frustrated so much either. As you said I lived through Diablo 3 and SimCity. This only starts to feel like a trend.

• Not to sound angry or disrespectful (I've already gone through bad launches through Telltale's site several times, with Walking Dead/Monkey Island/Sam & Max, and kind of considered a late launch the trade-off for the eventual DVD and possibly free DLC), but I'm genuinely curious as to how giving out Steam keys ends up in an enormous loss of income for Telltale. Since everybody who's receiving keys already bought the game from Telltale, you're not losing out on potential sales, are you? Do you have to buy back keys from Steam/Valve or something?

• I THINK (though I could well be wrong) that they would have to buy Steam keys.

rosssmiller posted: »

Not to sound angry or disrespectful (I've already gone through bad launches through Telltale's site several times, with Walking Dead/Monkey Is

• Okay, cool. Thanks for the reply. Just honestly curious about how that works. It's still only 3pm Pacific Time, so this isn't as bad as the Walking Dead situation yet.

I THINK (though I could well be wrong) that they would have to buy Steam keys.

• I guess that they would have to pay the distribution service which will be equal as if we had bought the game from Steam. Less income for them.

rosssmiller posted: »

Not to sound angry or disrespectful (I've already gone through bad launches through Telltale's site several times, with Walking Dead/Monkey Is

Sign in to comment in this discussion.