E1 Release Discussion:PC/Mac/PSN/XBLA/iOS/Kindle/Android out now;Vita/PS4/XOne:Nov 4 NA/Nov 7 EU

Comments

• Maybe edit it in the top post? Just a suggestion oh grand moderator, he who sees, bans, edits and goofs around in his spare time!

Vainamoinen posted: »

Hi go_ob! We hit the go button a little too early this morning, and for a period of about 10 minutes people were able to download something th

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2013

Edited! We'll keep adding updates to that top post.

Maybe edit it in the top post? Just a suggestion oh grand moderator, he who sees, bans, edits and goofs around in his spare time!

• Muahahaha, I might not be able to open the Puzzlebox but there are other ways to get the prize!

puzzlebox posted: »

Heh, I was just jumping in to post that info here too. Thanks for helping to get the word out!

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited October 2013

OH. I think our edits have collided. You should have asked for permission first. ;) ;) ;)

Want to give it another go?

/oh wait, they did not. But now that OP REALLY blurs the lines between voluntary mod and Telltale staff. ;)

puzzlebox posted: »

Edited! We'll keep adding updates to that top post.

• Just finished playing this morning...

• edited October 2013

OH I WANT PLAY IT :DD

• I'm a bit disappointed.
    Got myself a hot coffee, cookies, a blanket and wanted to enjoy the game I bought here
    before I have to go work all day tomorrow. Now this happened. :(

• My first post here ever. I work in the games industry too and just wanted to say: Hang in there, Telltale Team! Release days are craaaaaazy.

Love your games, love Fables ... I'm eagerly waiting for your release email. <3

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2013

Thanks, lady! It's definitely an exciting day for us too... we're working hard to get episode 1 out to everyone as soon as we possibly can!

lady8jane posted: »

My first post here ever. I work in the games industry too and just wanted to say: Hang in there, Telltale Team! Release days are craaaaaazy. Love your games, love Fables ... I'm eagerly waiting for your release email.

• edited October 2013

Buy it on Steam ---> get served super fast.

Buy it directly on the developer, to support them and make them get more money ---> Wait!!!

Next time I know where I will buy!

• By the way, I think the edit was supposed to be 11:13 AM PST. It's not even noon PST yet.

• Ouch, thanks. Blame the mod who reliably fails to properly deduce nine hours from his own time zone.

Pokedude97 posted: »

By the way, I think the edit was supposed to be 11:13 AM PST. It's not even noon PST yet.

• edited October 2013

Just wondered. How can steam have a working copy out but the developers don't?

P.S. The "bad people" have beaten you to release as well :P

edited October 2013

Don't talk about pirates, PLEASE - forum rules and all!!!

The Telltale build is a pretty different file - installation and activation wise. Can happen that the TTG Store version comes later...

And, Seafort - that a Feintuch reference?

Seafort posted: »

Just wondered. How can steam have a working copy out but the developers don't? P.S. The "bad people" have beaten you to release as well :P

• edited October 2013

Ofc it can happen and that it happens, I know how this things are. I know that Steam builds are different, and so are they servers.

Still has a player is not my responsibility to forgive the developers when problems happen, specially where I am loyal to them and got badly served.

Regarding respecting rules and eulas and all of that, it really feels bad when they go only one way, as I would always expect to get the game, at least, as fast as steam players, or other players that get the game otherwise.

For me it just proves that developers should stop having their own distribution system, and just allow people that are better than them at distributing ti distribute. You lose margins? well tough luck.

Don't talk about pirates, PLEASE - forum rules and all!!! The Telltale build is a pretty different file - installation and activation wise. Can happen that the TTG Store version comes later... And, Seafort - that a Feintuch reference?

• It's abit ridiculous when customers decide to support Telltale directly by buying the game from them, yet have to sit and wait longer to even get it. How can Steam have the game but the official developer's site not? This is the exact same thing which happened with The Walking Dead...

Cavalheiro posted: »

Ofc it can happen and that it happens, I know how this things are. I know that Steam builds are different, and so are they servers. Still h

• it is sad when people try to bully others into getting something they want. . . Spoiled much? You people talk like it is the end of the world when something goes wrong flinging excrement all over like an upset monkey. You have millions of other things to do. . . From what I've heard it is a great game no need to act like you are.

lucifon posted: »

It's abit ridiculous when customers decide to support Telltale directly by buying the game from them, yet have to sit and wait longer to even

• It has nothing to do about bullying, it's about asking for a service.

If I go to a restaurant and order a burger, It doesn't matter how good the burger is if I have to wait 8 hours for it. It will be bad service, and that is how it is.

Companies need to be responsible and test everything and create contingency procedures, and unless we "the customers" make them see that, no one will.

schalart posted: »

it is sad when people try to bully others into getting something they want. . . Spoiled much? You people talk like it is the end of the world

edited October 2013

For me it just proves that developers should stop having their own distribution system, and just allow people that are better than them at distributing ti distribute.

I'm sure we'd all be better off if Steam becomes the sole digital publisher for PC games. They have 70% market share in digital game distribution already, and they can of course afford the best damn distribution system and download bandwidth in the industry with all that money. Any attempt to offer a similar service is doomed without billions in equity, so why try at all? Also, a pure monopoly in digital game publishing would just be the greatest thing, excellent for the customer and the industry and not at all the downfall of PC gaming altogether.

/sarcasm

Ofc it can happen and that it happens, I know how this things are. I know that Steam builds are different, and so are they servers. Still h

• I'm not saying they should have the monopoly, there are other digital distribution systems out there. Now one of the biggest reasons they do have 70% of the market is because they are great at what they do.

And I'm ok with developers distributing their own games, I did buy it here and not on steam (that would be easier for me), but when developers make mistakes then it will make me (and I guess more people) think twice next time.

For me it just proves that developers should stop having their own distribution system, and just allow people that are better than them at dis

• edited October 2013

LOL. At my restaurant if something is made wrong the cooks re-make everything so that the food is done right. . . service can take up to half an hour. Besides you are getting the product on the day that they said. . . . I've had games released 2 days after said release. Your argument is silly. Keeping with the restaurant parallel there is a moment when one of my servers comes out and says "it will be a moment for your food to be ready sorry for the delay". . .. Like the devs have said on the page. They are doing good service wheras the people saying . .. "it's been 2 hours where is my dammed game" isn't productive at all after the devs have said "sorry there is an issue please wait." In no way can you say anything to make the release come faster. . . but you can say thankyou for keeping you informed. .

Edit: this isn't Diablo 3. . .

It has nothing to do about bullying, it's about asking for a service. If I go to a restaurant and order a burger, It doesn't matter how goo

• I'd always buy directly from a studio that makes games I really like. Every distribution platform takes a (quite heavy) share of the price.

Honestly most of us have so many game and so little time. A little wait should not be the end of the world. ;-)

I'm not saying they should have the monopoly, there are other digital distribution systems out there. Now one of the biggest reasons they do h

• This is my first time buying directly from Telltale and right now it isn't exactly making me want to buy directly from them again when it's unavailable on their website to download but is on Steam and the Xbox 360.

• edited October 2013

Notice: Mac version available soon.

Goddammit Ben, where's the game?!

edit: -pukes- Mac version coming in a few days?

• edited October 2013

I agree a little wait is not the end of the game, but like Squishy3 said:

This is my first time buying directly from Telltale and right now it isn't exactly making me want to buy directly from them again when it's unavailable on their website to download but is on Steam and the Xbox 360.

I also tend to buy from developers if possible, and most likely I will do it again for Telltale.

That being said, I am not satisfied with the service and am showing it.

lady8jane posted: »

I'd always buy directly from a studio that makes games I really like. Every distribution platform takes a (quite heavy) share of the price.

• When will Hasbro edit a Telltale Monopoly game by the way?

For me it just proves that developers should stop having their own distribution system, and just allow people that are better than them at dis

• You got to love how this conversation always happens!

• It like going into a restaurant and them telling you the food will take 8 hours to come out. However the food made in the restaurant you are in is also served in the restaurant across the road and they are getting to eat it right now!

And no you cant go over to the other restaurant cos you have already paid at this one!

It has nothing to do about bullying, it's about asking for a service. If I go to a restaurant and order a burger, It doesn't matter how goo

• edited October 2013

Sure I agree that saying anything will not make it come out faster, but saying something will show that I am displeased and next time they might be more careful. And from the comments here, it happened before with The Walking Dead (I don't know since I bought it on the PS3)

schalart posted: »

LOL. At my restaurant if something is made wrong the cooks re-make everything so that the food is done right. . . service can take up to half

• Exactly. And you should show your discontent so that the company does feel some pressure (although I am pretty sure they don't care much about the few people showing it here at their forums)

VastGirth posted: »

It like going into a restaurant and them telling you the food will take 8 hours to come out. However the food made in the restaurant you are

• Does it take this long because Telltale has to recompile the game ?
    I don't understand where the issue is.

• edited October 2013

they care, they have been addressing the issues and have moderators talking with you as this goes on.

edit: I agree it sucks to wait for a bit. . . . but hey waiting for a good thing is worth it. Though I am kicking myself for not buying from steam.

Edit edit: while you wait: http://orteil.dashnet.org/cookieclicker/

Exactly. And you should show your discontent so that the company does feel some pressure (although I am pretty sure they don't care much about the few people showing it here at their forums)

• So can we get an ETA on the mac version?! So far this is ruining my baller friday, I had no plans but to play this game today.

Mac update: There was an unforeseen issue with the Mac version of Episode 1. Telltale is working on an update right now and expect to have the Mac build live on Steam and the Telltale website within the next few days.

Excuse me, what?!

• Crap like this happens since we're unfortunately all human and humans are prone to those things called mistakes. It does suck that Telltale's launch day is getting botched somewhat, but it happens to all developers: see Blizzard's horribad Diablo 3 launch details for a prime example, or the new Sim City debacle that happened not too long ago.

I imagine launch day for most developers/publishers is all at once a glorious and stressful day.

• Delete the login option, please. I want to play the game. :-D

• Thats a good analogy and I am not impatient. I just hate incopetence if there is a problem in one distribution source then all wells should be capped. That way there isn't any well they have it on XBOX and Steam .. not PC. All wells are capped and no one gets it, till all distribution sources are fixed.

Just a thought for next time

Exactly. And you should show your discontent so that the company does feel some pressure (although I am pretty sure they don't care much about the few people showing it here at their forums)

• While it's true that both of those games did have problems, it affected all players, not just those that bought them directly from the dev. If no one could play TWAU, it would be an entirely different situation.

GeoffyD posted: »

Crap like this happens since we're unfortunately all human and humans are prone to those things called mistakes. It does suck that Telltale's

• This is my first buy from TT store and I'm not impressed but I'm not frustrated so much either. As you said I lived through Diablo 3 and SimCity. This only starts to feel like a trend.

GeoffyD posted: »

Crap like this happens since we're unfortunately all human and humans are prone to those things called mistakes. It does suck that Telltale's

• edited October 2013

Hope this isn't just the trial actually... Ugh.
    I might just buy on xbox just to avoid future crappy release days.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.