E1 Release Discussion:PC/Mac/PSN/XBLA/iOS/Kindle/Android out now;Vita/PS4/XOne:Nov 4 NA/Nov 7 EU

Comments

• I was able to download it from here

• Ok, so I'm a little confused as to why Steam is live but the game is not available through Telltale Games. I made the decision to purchase through the company rather then Steam to make sure that the devs get the most profit possible from my purchase but so far I can get it sooner other places. Is this normal?

It's LIVE on Steam!

• It says that Faith is coming soon, but there is a "Download Game" button which leads to a big download of a .msi file (1.1 Go.)

• I just checked 'my games' and I now have a download link for TWAU. On its way down (1.1 GB so will take a while!).

Roone posted: »

Ok, so I'm a little confused as to why Steam is live but the game is not available through Telltale Games. I made the decision to purchase thr

• I don't remember I believe Steam got some of them before Telltale's site did but i'm not really surprised anyways.....

Ok, so I'm a little confused as to why Steam is live but the game is not available through Telltale Games. I made the decision to purchase thr

• And of course as soon as I post I check the games section again and I could now! Course it still says Episode 1 coming soon but the download button is there! Yay!

• I'm downloading right now from Telltale's site.

• edited October 2013

im still waiting on steam. -_-

edit: ITS UP!!!! INSTALLING NOW!!!

• Trying to download from telltale not impressed with speed or failed downloads

• Oh dang. I guess the log-in servers are messed up? :( I've got the game downloaded/installed, but can't get past the title screen due to authentication errors.

• What do you mean?

antonyfrn posted: »

Trying to download from telltale not impressed with speed or failed downloads

• forth time trying to download from the telltale site getting extremely poor speeds under 500kbps

Fazz posted: »

What do you mean?

• Try again. And tell us when it worked!!

GeoffyD posted: »

Oh dang. I guess the log-in servers are messed up? I've got the game downloaded/installed, but can't get past the title screen due to authentication errors.

• Same thing happened to me. I also noticed they disabled the download button on their site.

GeoffyD posted: »

Oh dang. I guess the log-in servers are messed up? I've got the game downloaded/installed, but can't get past the title screen due to authentication errors.

• I just tried again, and same issue. I'll try again in a bit and hopefully post back here with good news!

Vainamoinen posted: »

Try again. And tell us when it worked!!

• I think you can download it now, I already downloaded the msi file ;)

• The download game is not showing to me. Just says that I'll receive an e-mail when it's out. Is it because I'm from Brazil?

• edited October 2013

Downloaded, installed but can't get any further because when I try to login it says that it can't communicate with the Telltale servers.

Edit: I see they've removed the download link now. Guess I should've ordered through Steam this time.

• The link is down now, which is worrying. I hope we didn't download a botched version that they uploaded accidentally...

• I'm having the same problem.

Downloaded, installed but can't get any further because when I try to login it says that it can't communicate with the Telltale servers. Edit: I see they've removed the download link now. Guess I should've ordered through Steam this time.

• I downloaded it, but on Login screen, says it can't communicate with Telltale servers :(

• Mine's downloaded but getting can't login to servers message as well. I did the steam version last time and don't remember having to login before. Is this something new?

• same thing here: "Can't communicate with telltale server"

• I've always bought all my games on the Telltale store and they always have logins because it's a different service than Steam.

Mine's downloaded but getting can't login to servers message as well. I did the steam version last time and don't remember having to login before. Is this something new?

• Me too. All downloaded and installed but can't get past the "Cannot communicate with Telltales servers". Maybe.... turn them on? lol.

• Dang. It must depend on where you are downloading from, I had no problem with it...

forth time trying to download from the telltale site getting extremely poor speeds under 500kbps

• Cant login how can I contact Telltale as im not impressed rather get my money back and buy it off steam

• Looking at Steam forums they are crashing when they select Chapter selection. Most likely Telltale wasn't expecting the sheer number of people to try to login all at the same time and the servers can't handle it.

• edited October 2013

By the time you get your money back, buy it from Steam, download it and install it the problem will be solved by Telltale. They always solve it. 400 Days didn't work at first too.

Cant login how can I contact Telltale as im not impressed rather get my money back and buy it off steam

• Strange stuff. If they removed the DL link from the Telltale Store page, it possibly means it was a faulty build. Or, hopefully - because that would mean the correct one goes up soon.

Official word from Telltale would be appreciated now.

Shouldn't play the game yet anyway... my pizza hasn't arrived...

• Telltale always has early Day 1 issues. It's usually working by like 6 or 7pm EST.

Cant login how can I contact Telltale as im not impressed rather get my money back and buy it off steam

• FreddeN93FreddeN93 Banned
    edited October 2013

Just had my first go at it on Steam. I don't know what to say, a very decent game. Me as a TWD fan really enjoy this. Just the main menu got my attention.

• Well im in the UK on a 80mbps line I can download from anywhere and get max speed

Dang. It must depend on where you are downloading from, I had no problem with it...

• I'm trying to install it but it has been blocked at "Installing DirectX" for 15 minutes.

• not working here

Vainamoinen posted: »

Try again. And tell us when it worked!!

• TBH this is the last time I buy anything that needs a telltale log in

By the time you get your money back, buy it from Steam, download it and install it the problem will be solved by Telltale. They always solve it. 400 Days didn't work at first too.

• Puzzlebox just answerd in another topic what the deal is with some of the trouble:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/51003/server-communication-issue

And to qoute what he said:

Hi go_ob! We hit the go button a little too early this morning, and for a period of about 10 minutes people were able to download something that's not the final build. You should uninstall that and delete the download - we'll have a fresh, working download later this afternoon (US west coast time). Thanks for your patience, we can't wait for you to play the episode!

• ...and now i have to go to work. at least it will get done downloading when i'm back.

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited October 2013

Hi go_ob! We hit the go button a little too early this morning, and for a period of about 10 minutes people were able to download something that's not the final build. You should uninstall that and delete the download - we'll have a fresh, working download later this afternoon (US west coast time). Thanks for your patience, we can't wait for you to play the episode!

D'oh. Seems like I'll abort THAT download. ;)

Reloading patience modules...

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni

Heh, I was just jumping in to post that info here too. Thanks for helping to get the word out!

Puzzlebox just answerd in another topic what the deal is with some of the trouble: http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/51003/se

Sign in to comment in this discussion.