E1 Release Discussion:PC/Mac/PSN/XBLA/iOS/Kindle/Android out now;Vita/PS4/XOne:Nov 4 NA/Nov 7 EU

Comments

• The game should be up in the next 2 hours if we take the statement as accurate - "The Telltale Store version will go live today during Telltale's business hours (9AM-5PM)."
    Where I live it's already Saturday and I guess I'll be playing in the morning.

• I'm sure they don't :p
    But I don't want to wait even another day to play it, and besides it's not the first game I've bought twice from them. I have faith in them to make a great game, but their ability to release it on time? lol it's another story

I don't suppose TTG would mind if you paid for it twice Seriously though, just give it a couple hours.

• The game is great everyone that is waiting... I just got done with ep 1 and oh man... dat ending.

• Well, if they really close their office in two hours, it would be better for them to release the game at least an hour before, in case there are bugs, like with the 400 Days release. Because if they upload the game and it doesn't work and they go home, well, boy, we're all doomed. :D

• edited October 2013

Hilariously enough, I got it from Telltale since I assumed the game would come out on their own store before steam so that I could start the download before leaving the house. Now it's starting to look like it won't even be out on the release day on their own website, but released without a hitch on steam. Haha...I bought all of telltales other games off of steam, and I guess if it's not even released today for people who bought it off of their site I won't bother buying direct from telltale ever again. Extra hassle so that you can start the download late?

I mean, I guess getting a DvD is nice and all but who really cares in the digital age? My computer's DvD drive has been broken for 2 years and it hasn't made a difference to me at all.

• Honestly I kind of saw this happening, and that's why I bought it on steam. The no mac version available? That's what's perplexing me, I didn't see that one coming.

• You're right the game is already posted in some not-so-legal sites... I paid for the game so I'm begining to consider this would be the only way to get what I paid for: a preorder. It's 3pm PST, only 2 hours away from the release deadline and no news since 11am... However, I want to play a legal copy.

At least with Steam you're sure of the outcome or you get some compensation...

Pantoufleuh posted: »

Second time in one years I think Gabe will enjoy my money for TWD season 2 Oh and funny thing, pirate can already play the game too.

• Wrong build got uploaded so now they need to build a new build for telltale since steam and telltale store are two separate builds.

squishyman posted: »

Whats so hard about releasing a game on the developers website when steam was already able to release it on theirs?

• Then just wait its literally like an hour and half time limit. They said it would be uploaded this afternoon and the office shuts at 5, so unless they stay back late then we know its probably going to be up pretty soon.

go_ob posted: »

You're right the game is already posted in some not-so-legal sites... I paid for the game so I'm begining to consider this would be the only w

• Did they just not bother testing the Mac version till today or something?

Dildor posted: »

Honestly I kind of saw this happening, and that's why I bought it on steam. The no mac version available? That's what's perplexing me, I didn't see that one coming.

• edited October 2013

1 - Bought it on the TTG site thinking it ll be a win win : more money for them and early access for me.

2 - Saw it on Steam

3 - Saw all the warez group releases

4 - Foolishly tried to click on the "Coming Soon" text

5 - Thinking the "1" was a big mistake, never again

• If it's anything like their other season pass DVDs, a large amount of stuff will work on your DVD player rather than your PC - cutscenes cobbled together with dev commentary and such.

Gilgamesh45 posted: »

Hilariously enough, I got it from Telltale since I assumed the game would come out on their own store before steam so that I could start the d

• edited October 2013

I ran into a defect on XBOX 360 when I played the demo, then bought Episode 1 and a Season Pass.
    Somehow I ended up with a "Save nil" save file. I had to manually select "Save File 1". Until that point whenever I tried to start Episode 1 the game locked up.

• They also said they were going to release it today and more-or-less simultaneously in all platforms (it's in one of the FAQ, I cannot recall the exact wording). The question is: will they manage to sort this before 5pm? if not, what? over time? work during the weekend?

Then just wait its literally like an hour and half time limit. They said it would be uploaded this afternoon and the office shuts at 5, so unless they stay back late then we know its probably going to be up pretty soon.

• I people of telltale, I just want to make a comment as customer. I like your games and I like the direction that you are going as company and products. I work in the IT industry, so I know that shit happens sometimes and there is no way to prevent it. I am a mac user, and I came here to make you notice that the thing about not able to release at all the mac version it is kind of a pain, it is simply frustrating when you look forward for something, happiness become unhappiness.

I don't want to bitch about it, I just ask to please learn from this error for the next times and run more testing, because this kind of problems make us less wanting to buy from you, and more willing to spend our money in other things.

So please treat your customer right, and even a common apology to each individual on this forum and steam forum. Something that show us your effort in trying to solve the issue describing what it was the problem, how are you trying to deal with it, and be honest about it, I think it would be great. It shows care. And sincerely it matter to us.

I am ok to wait for a couple days for the release on mac, but please consider if the problems will be much longer to be ready to react. Seeing on steam removed the support on mac after buying and be on display that mac was supporting it was a bit of a shock.
    I understand that was done to limit damage of unhappy customers, but please, advertise somehow for the small portion that got caught in the problem.

Please keep up the good work.

• This is sad :/ I really hope they will release it today on TTG site, othewise we won't see it this weekend...
    And that would sooo ruin my weekend :/

Anyway, thanks for doing your best TTG. <3

• Does anyone have some inside news on the staff progress?

• 1 more hour until Telltale closes, anxiously awaiting to see if they can get it out in time! :)

• Good night everyone! 1am here, I give up for tonight. Enjoy the game!

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni

That's definitely not official info.

barenaked posted: »

http://steamcommunity.com/app/250320/discussions/0/810938082243928685/?tscn=1381524115#p5 There you go, at the bottom. Fun on The BunGaming2013 guys the official telltale website says it will come to mac saturday

• Surely they wouldn't just close without getting this released first, even if it means overshooting their normal work schedule. I'd like to think that Telltale has more tact than that. They may run into a lot of technical issues during releases, but I do get the impression they care about their customers.

Don't let me down Telltale, my heart can't take it.

• Yeah, there's no way that they'll just hold it off until Monday. They'll either keep working until it's released or do what they did with TWD and give away Steam keys.

Surely they wouldn't just close without getting this released first, even if it means overshooting their normal work schedule. I'd like to thi

• This is a major release for TellTale. I kind of doubt anyone there is going home until it's up.

That said, this is getting a bit irritating. I've defended TellTale on these kinds of issues in the past. But the fact that this happens with every new release just seems ridiculous. I don't see any reason why those of us who bought the game directly from TellTale should have to wait so much longer than everyone else. That's the one source of distribution that they have complete control over. And it's not as though this is the first time it's happened, so you can't say they didn't know what to expect. Maybe their own distribution takes longer. If that's the case, then they should take that into consideration and start working on getting it up sooner to compensate.

At the very least, some more open communication would probably go a long way toward allaying everyone's frustrations. How about a quick post to let us know what's taking so long? Most of us understand that launch days are usually hectic. But right now all we know is that everyone else has access to the game except for those of us who bought it directly from the developer, and that doesn't seem to make any sense. Maybe if we knew what was going on and what the folks at TellTale were doing to fix it, people wouldn't feel quite so upset.

• Thank you for explaining what season passes are. I think you can tick that off on your to-do list as moderator. I'm guessing its a pretty long list.

That's not how season passes work. It's all or nothing with them - you can't pick and choose which episodes you want. If you genuinely want a refund on the entire game - for that is what it would be - then I suggest you contact the support team.

• And it's now 5:00 on the West Coast. Can we say that it's officially late now?

• After all this they should release Episode 2 early to those who pre-ordered through their site to make it up to us.

• Note to self: Never preorder directly from TTG...

magodesky posted: »

And it's now 5:00 on the West Coast. Can we say that it's officially late now?

• To be honest I'm a little bit sad. I have been waiting for TWAU since morning (and I live in Europe UTC +1). When I read that it will be release between 5-17 (PDT), I thought "ok I will wait to release, it would be at worst 2p.m.". It is 2p.m. and the game isn't there. I hope that it will be ready for tomorrow's morning.

• 2 am in Europe, not 2 pm. So goodnight everyone, maybe we will play tomorrow.

ah no... I'm on mac :)

• A update about how things are going whould be nice :)...been awake for 4 extra h ..and now i need to sleep...

• Will be getting everything from Steam from now on, that'll teach me to try and save a few bucks ;)

Nah seriously, I can imagine the nightmare they're likely going through right now. I work in IT development, it happens, you can't avoid it.

• Yeah, an update would be great by now. I can live with the news that it will be really late or even Saturday (for me it's already the 12th anyway). But staring at my mailbox gets a little tiring after 1am. ;-)

Mortarion posted: »

A update about how things are going whould be nice ...been awake for 4 extra h ..and now i need to sleep...

• As much as I love their Games & what they do - it does seem to happen every time with TTG though...

abcdefghijk posted: »

Will be getting everything from Steam from now on, that'll teach me to try and save a few bucks Nah seriously, I can imagine the nightmare they're likely going through right now. I work in IT development, it happens, you can't avoid it.

• It was the same price on steam, we didn't save anything by trying to support the devs. Well, I will never buy anything directly from telltale's site again. They make great games, but apparently this has happened multiple times in the past, and it's ridiculous that it has happened again. If they'd actually update us about what's going on maybe i wouldn't be so annoyed, but come on. One sentence 5 hours ago?

You can talk about how steam can afford to work well due to investments in infrastructure etc. etc. but at the end of the day, if you can't deliver on the service, don't offer it. The really sad thing is the people who are affected by it are mostly die hard fans who wanted to support the devs :\

abcdefghijk posted: »

Will be getting everything from Steam from now on, that'll teach me to try and save a few bucks Nah seriously, I can imagine the nightmare they're likely going through right now. I work in IT development, it happens, you can't avoid it.

• FYI. In case any one else wants to get a refund, and use the money to buy the game off steam. I requested that telltale cancel my season pass pre-order. They apologized and said I would be refunded in the next 2-3 days. It sounds like the future episodes of wolf among us will come out on steam first, so may be a good idea to do this.

• edited October 2013

now it can be considered a biiiig FU to people who bought it from TT. . . . 5 pm and all is not well without any notice. .. be upset people be very upset.

edit I defended till 37 min after the promised hour. . . there is NO excuse at this point.
    edit they've done their job but next time I won't be defending. . . there is no reason why everyone else gets the game before they fix their drm issues. . . end of story.

• Dude, they don't need to make up for anything, it's 1 day and 1 episode, if they do this two times in a row then cool, no problem, I'll ask for compensation, but as it stands, take it easy everyone.

Chedge posted: »

After all this they should release Episode 2 early to those who pre-ordered through their site to make it up to us.

• Except this happened with Day 1 Episode 1 of TWD. And by this time we had Steam Keys to compensate and a TTG Copy. Now? We have neither.

MinatoMori posted: »

Dude, they don't need to make up for anything, it's 1 day and 1 episode, if they do this two times in a row then cool, no problem, I'll ask for compensation, but as it stands, take it easy everyone.

• It's up for me. Downloading now.

• Look, they certainly have screwed up in making sure that their server stuff was ready for the day, and they were definitely not as prepared as they wanted to be. People are rightfully upset that a promise was made and not kept.

THAT BEING SAID, there is absolutely no way a reasonable person (even someone who is only a little bit reasonable) would consider this an FU to the people that bought it from them. They certainly aren't doing this on purpose and you can bet your ass that this day has been a nightmare for everyone involved as they run around trying to fix the problem.

There's being annoyed because you have to wait for the game, and then there is being ridiculous. You're doing the latter.

schalart posted: »

now it can be considered a biiiig FU to people who bought it from TT. . . . 5 pm and all is not well without any notice. .. be upset people be

Sign in to comment in this discussion.