E1 Release Discussion:PC/Mac/PSN/XBLA/iOS/Kindle/Android out now;Vita/PS4/XOne:Nov 4 NA/Nov 7 EU

VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
edited October 2014 in The Wolf Among Us

Release Dates
October 11, 2013: PC and XBLA on Xbox 360
October 14, 2013: Mac
October 15, 2013: PSN on PlayStation 3
December 4, 2013: iOS on iTunes App Store
June 2, 2014: Kindle Fire/Fire TV
October 30, 2014: Android on Google Play
November 4, 2014: PlayStation Vita/PlayStation 4/Xbox One (NA)
November 7, 2014: PlayStation Vita/PlayStation 4/Xbox One (EU)

TELLTALE / PUZZLEBOX UPDATE 6:15 PM PST: The PC and Mac version of Episode 1: Faith is now available to download from the My Games section of your profile page (for anyone who ordered The Wolf Among Us from the Telltale online store, or from an outlet that gave you a redeem code for this site).

As a special thank you to those who've been waiting for this today, Telltale has sent a bonus Steam code to the email attached to their Telltale Games account.

MOD EDIT October 15, 2013 12:14 PM PST:
Steam code update: The Steam codes have been sent to everyone who had The Wolf Among Us in their Telltale account on release day. If you ordered the game from Telltale or redeemed a code from an outlet that gives you a Telltale store code on or before October 11, 2013, and did not receive a Steam code, send an e-mail to support@telltalegames.com

MOD EDIT 11:13 PM PST: The Steam version is live. The Telltale Store will need a bit longer this time. A faulty build was available for 10 minutes from the Telltale Store - do not attempt to install this version!

Notes from Telltale/puzzlebox: Someone got excited and hit the go button for the Telltale site download a little too early this morning, and for a period of about 10 minutes people were able to download something that's not the final build. If you have that file, you should uninstall it and delete the download - there'll be a fresh, working download later this afternoon (US west coast time). Thanks SO MUCH for your patience guys!

MOD EDIT October 14, 2013 6:51 PM PST:
Mac update: The Mac version of Episode 1 is now live on Steam and the Telltale website.

Original post:

The day has arrived!

...the day, but maybe not the hour.

Xbox Live has its usual update schedule, it's a bit different with Steam and the Telltale Store. These two try to release next to simultaneously... it doesn't always work out with five stars. ;)

The Telltale Store version will go live today during Telltale's business hours (9AM-5PM). They're in California, so mind that especially when you've bought the game from a European country!

Here's a clock that shows the relevant time.
Time of day in California

Have an exciting release day - I know I will (and I'm waiting with the European crowd ;) ). Ask away if something's unclear, there are a whole lot of experienced Telltale fans around who might know an answer.

Comments

• I just want to say that I'm very excited , after enjoying TWD so much I really hope that Wolf among us will be half as good .

• Can't wait although i'm going to be getting it on PSN and wait for the Steam winter sale to pick up the PC version.

• So in how many hours is this actually coming out? doesn't say anywhere

• You will have to wait between 6 and 14 hours starting... NOW.

onallion posted: »

So in how many hours is this actually coming out? doesn't say anywhere

• Damn...it's already friday afternoon where I'm at. And to think I've been sitting here all excited :(

Vainamoinen posted: »

You will have to wait between 6 and 14 hours starting... NOW.

• Eastern Russia or Australia?

The good thing is, you won't try to wait all night for this. And when you get up on Saturday morning, it will likely just be ready.

onallion posted: »

Damn...it's already friday afternoon where I'm at. And to think I've been sitting here all excited

• Aww man these waiting periods only get worse as the season goes on. I'll probably be playing it on Saturday morning.

• I don't mind the release-day waiting times. Given the time difference here in the UK, I tend to assume it won't have released before I go to bed, so expect to be able to play it tomorrow. If it drops early enough for me to download and play it, that's a bonus!

tabstis posted: »

Aww man these waiting periods only get worse as the season goes on. I'll probably be playing it on Saturday morning.

• edited October 2013

Well Steam says it should be up in 6 hours, so except if you're in bed early, it should get released around 6pm in the UK! Except if there are complications... Even if it takes 12-13 hours it's still 0am-1am. Quite late but not that much. :D

xyphic posted: »

I don't mind the release-day waiting times. Given the time difference here in the UK, I tend to assume it won't have released before I go to b

• Hopefully it get released before I hit the sack tonight else i'm going to be like a little kid on christmas eve.

• With the lack of sleep associated with a 2-month-old baby, it's a struggle to make it to 6pm some days! Perhaps I'm just being cynical because of previous experience with Telltale releases, but if it lands at 6pm I'll be pleasantly surprised. :-)

Fazz posted: »

Well Steam says it should be up in 6 hours, so except if you're in bed early, it should get released around 6pm in the UK! Except if there are complications... Even if it takes 12-13 hours it's still 0am-1am. Quite late but not that much.

• Can't wait to play this! So hyped up at the moment :D
    I hope it's as good as TWD and maybe even better? Who knows :)

• It's times like these when I hate being in Europe. :P

• @Marumochi -- I agree! And we're both in the UK I see.

Marumochi posted: »

It's times like these when I hate being in Europe. :P

• Be patient. I'm a European PS Player. Which is like the worst Thing right now. I wouldn't even count on the 15th for us. Probably in exactly one week from now on. Ah Shucks..

• Just consider the alternative, government shutdown and all. ;)

It's times like these when I hate being in Europe. :P

• Keeping an eye on my email inbox for when Episode 1 for Mac is ready. I'm still planning on playing the PS3 version, as well! $20 for that season pass is a DAMN good deal!

• Careful - Steam LOVES to reset that counter during Telltale releases. ;)

Fazz posted: »

Well Steam says it should be up in 6 hours, so except if you're in bed early, it should get released around 6pm in the UK! Except if there are complications... Even if it takes 12-13 hours it's still 0am-1am. Quite late but not that much.

• Very true. We do have a crap government too though ;)

Just consider the alternative, government shutdown and all.

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited October 2013

Goes without saying, of course. Don't get me started on our Mrs. Merkel. ;)

GavinUK86 posted: »

Very true. We do have a crap government too though

• Lol, ok. I won't start a political topic on here ;) Just needs more Wolf :P

Goes without saying, of course. Don't get me started on our Mrs. Merkel.

• I'm actually excited for this one. I'm a big The Walking Dead fan and I hope The Wolf Among Us can fill my requirements. :)

• Congratulations for your baby! I've never been waiting for a TT premiere, only for finales... Finales are always late but that's because they're finales. :p I like to think that they had 2 years and a half to release the premiere early today... even though it's not accurate at all. :D
    What do you mean Vainamoinen? That Steam change the release hour?

xyphic posted: »

With the lack of sleep associated with a 2-month-old baby, it's a struggle to make it to 6pm some days! Perhaps I'm just being cynical because of previous experience with Telltale releases, but if it lands at 6pm I'll be pleasantly surprised. :-)

• So this is the first time I've redeemed a game through Telltale's site. How bad of a time am I in for today?

• edited October 2013

It's been quite bad in the past. The Walking Dead was such a cock up they handed out Steam keys days later as a gift to make up for it. Maybe they've sorted themselves out for this release though. Only time will tell.

mosfet posted: »

So this is the first time I've redeemed a game through Telltale's site. How bad of a time am I in for today?

• That does not make me confident today will be a good day. :(

It's been quite bad in the past. The Walking Dead was such a cock up they handed out Steam keys days later as a gift to make up for it. Maybe they've sorted themselves out for this release though. Only time will tell.

• It was only the first release that was postponed, due to a server issue. The rest of the season didn't have that problem, so Telltale has definitely fixed that issue. So, don't worry, the chances of that happening again are almost non-existant.

That does not make me confident today will be a good day.

• I'm eagerly awaiting the release here in Sweden!

edited October 2013

Okay, now THAT was an interesting release night.

Telltale Store version of the first Walking Dead episode just didn't go up. Major erectile disfunction. Server problem. Never happened in the six years prior. The Steam keys weren't "gifts", they were supposed to enable TTG store customers to play the game on release day. The Store customers ended up with two versions of the game to choose from instead of just one - of course, deciding to hand out Steam keys like candy meant a considerable loss of income for Telltale.

But, as Jen has already said, that was a TWD episode 1 thing only. We're in the far, far future now.

• edited October 2013

I'm not talking about other episodes. I'm talking about the first. Like this TWAU is the first. It was a cock up and to me, the Steam key was a gift. I don't know about other episodes because from then on I got them through Steam. You don't have to come to their defense when I wasn't bad-mouthing them. I was just saying it like it was from my perspective. Like I also said, I would imagine they've learned from they're mistakes and this launch should hopefully be fine. And, like I also said, time will tell.

Okay, now THAT was an interesting release night. Telltale Store version of the first Walking Dead episode just didn't go up. Major erectile

edited October 2013

That wasn't even a defense. I hope it was just the bare facts...

(in the 'defense' version, I most certainly would have called the Steam keys a "gift". And as for the graphic way I described the server fuckup... well... you might say it lacks a bit of honey ;) )

I'm not talking about other episodes. I'm talking about the first. Like this TWAU is the first. It was a cock up and to me, the Steam key was

• Only four hours left for us Swedes for Steam.

Davisx3m posted: »

I'm eagerly awaiting the release here in Sweden!

• 3 hour for Brazil. Can't wait!

• What could one do waiting for The Wolf Among Us...

Alt text

What indeed?

• patiently waiting for steam....

• I am new to the Fables Universe but I know a good pulpy noir story when I see it. I liked Back to the Future if Telltale can make a possible BTTF 4 then this game will be good.

• Do Telltale unlock same time as steam? I can't remember last time as I got Walked Dead on steam.

• at steam it said 1 hour left but im pre order it from telltale and now is it 18.45 in norway so will it come out 17.00 like steam?

• edited October 2013

fables

• It's LIVE on Steam! :)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.